PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Series

Viva Magglio
06-08-2002, 01:18 AM
How do you think the Cubs series at Wrigley will turn out? Be honest.

Procol Harum
06-08-2002, 01:22 AM
I say we'll still take 2 of 3 from them. The Cubs' level of ineptitude is still greater than ours. Of course, with the way our luck is going their 2-0 win over the Mariners behind Prior will probably spur them to a 28 game winning streak.

CubKilla
06-08-2002, 04:07 AM
Don't be surprised if the "Lovable Losers" sweep our sorry a$$es. But, then again, I'm drunk.

RedPinStripes
06-08-2002, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Don't be surprised if the "Lovable Losers" sweep our sorry a$$es. But, then again, I'm drunk.

Ready to drink again tomorrow?

alohafri
06-08-2002, 08:31 AM
I am afraid that they are going to take all 6 games from us. This team has absolutely no heart. If they can't get up for the Cubs series, I say back up the truck and bring up Birmingham.

GASHWOUND
06-08-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by alohafri
I am afraid that they are going to take all 6 games from us. This team has absolutely no heart. If they can't get up for the Cubs series, I say back up the truck and bring up Birmingham.

I think that's going a bit overboard with them taking all 6...But with the way we're playing I am a little scared.
Is not the pitching I'm worried about cause I think they can shut down the cubs offense, its their pitching I'm worried that will shut us down..We're getting shut out by mediocrity, the cubs may be alot of things but do have some good arms. Unless we face Bere all 3 games, we got some problems. And I'm even afraid of facing Bere. And with us going to Wrigley, that mean no DH.We can't score as it is with a DH!

Baseball Gods?? If you exist, give us some of that magic around the weekend of June 14, 15, and 16

But my prediction, cubs win 2 of 3

harwar
06-08-2002, 11:06 AM
Whats the difference anyway.The season will be trashed when they implement the strike vote.I think one of the reasons that the White Sox players look like that they just don't care anymore,is because they don't.They know that baseball is getting ready for war and that it doesn't matter who is in 1st place.Baseball right now is like a ship steaming into a full storm,we just have to wait and see if we're still afloat when we come out the other side.

ISUSoxfan
06-08-2002, 03:54 PM
We're gonna sweep their north side sissy asses. One of the problems with our players is they have a hard time getting motivated to play everyday. Motivation will not be a problem against the sCrUBS. The sweep will energize our team, and we will go on a roll after that. Right now our team is struggling bad, and it will take the sCrUBS to save us. Bring em on!

Foulke You
06-08-2002, 04:30 PM
History has shown that the crosstown series is usually tight close ballgames which has me worried because we've been losing all the close ones! Still, excluding 1998, the Cubs for whatever reason, seem to bring the best out of our ballclub. My pick: Sox take 2 out of 3.

danman31
06-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Of course, with the way our luck is going their 2-0 win over the Mariners behind Prior will probably spur them to a 28 game winning streak. Seattle 4, Cubs 0 top 6....

Edit: It's over Cubs lose 4-2. No surprise that they lost, Garcia pitched and shut em down.

KruseControl04
06-08-2002, 06:38 PM
We'd better sweep them. If we can't sweep the Flubs, then who can we sweep?

cheeses_h_rice
06-08-2002, 06:40 PM
The poll voting is doing its usual anti-Mac/IE combination and not letting me click on any choices, but I say the Cubs take 2 of 3, with a good chance of a Cubs sweep.

To quote Principal Skinner, "Prove me wrong, children...prove me wrong."

Jerry_Manuel
06-08-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
To quote Principal Skinner, "Prove me wrong, children...prove me wrong."

I prefer:

Skinner: "Uncross those eyes mister!"
Student: "I can't"

Nick@Nite
06-08-2002, 07:42 PM
If we don't take 2 out of 3 in Comiskey and Urinalville, we'll have our senses pummeled by the national scrub-propaganda machine with "today Chicago, tomorrow the pennant" headlines.

ESPN.com continually puts out serious think pieces on the scrubs like a damn pez dispenser.