PDA

View Full Version : Dye hurt?

Nellie_Fox
09-02-2009, 11:09 PM
When I got home tonight, I was pleased to see that Fox Sports North HD was replaying today's game, which I didn't even get to listen to because I was teaching.

During the replay, Blyleven commented that Dye was doubling over after some of his big swings, like he was hurting. I started watching closely, and he was right. Dye would double completely over, holding his side like he has a strained rib or oblique. Has anyone said anything about that in Chicago? That could certainly explain some things.

DumpJerry
09-02-2009, 11:11 PM
No mention of any problems on Comcast Sportsnite tonight.

Maybe he was tearing up at the thought that this would be his last time in everyone's favorite baseball stadium to visit and was trying to compose himself.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Maybe he was tearing up at the thought that this would be his last time in everyone's favorite baseball stadium to visit and was trying to compose himself.

Or maybe he was laughing so hard at the thought of the Twins playing in a real ballpark that his sides stitched up.

palehozenychicty
09-02-2009, 11:15 PM
These are all pretty funny, but I've been hearing a lot of smoke that something is wrong. I admire him for being a bull and getting on the field, but he's done almost nothing this half.

DumpJerry
09-02-2009, 11:16 PM
I know. A Dirt Devil blew some dirt in his eye. Oh wait........never mind.

NSFWSoxFan
09-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Yes. Absolutely, I saw it when I went back and watched after reading Nellie's question.

In the fifth inning, Dye seems to clutch at his right side or just hike his right arm up after his first swing, and he makes the same movement with his right arm when he rounds first base after getting a hit. On the replay of the hit, you can see him grimace after the swing as he leaves the box. Stone remarked on it and thought he saw Dye say something about his foot to Baines.

In the seventh inning, he did that lean over thing after two different swings, and once again in the ninth, more pronounced. It was hard to tell if he was hurting or just making a gesture of frustration after reaching for pitches away.

Hey, it was fun to re-watch that 9th inning!

russ99
09-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Yes. Absolutely, I saw it when I went back and watched after reading Nellie's question.

In the fifth inning, Dye seems to clutch at his right side or just hike his right arm up after his first swing, and he makes the same movement with his right arm when he rounds first base after getting a hit. On the replay of the hit, you can see him grimace after the swing as he leaves the box. Stone remarked on it and thought he saw Dye say something about his foot to Baines.

In the seventh inning, he did that lean over thing after two different swings, and once again in the ninth, more pronounced. It was hard to tell if he was hurting or just making a gesture of frustration after reaching for pitches away.

Hey, it was fun to re-watch that 9th inning!

Ozzie was quoted saying there's lots of guys in the trainers room lately, so it's certainly possible that Dye is playing while hurt, especially considering his option this offseason...

hawkjt
09-03-2009, 08:33 AM
If he is hurt, put kotsay out there vs Dempster today. He is not swinging well enough to justify putting him out there less than 100%.
I cannot imagine Ozzie playing him hurt the way that Ozzie babies injured players...but I suppose it is possible.