PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 9-2-09 Farewell to the Pimple on the Prairie postgame thread

DumpJerry
09-02-2009, 02:42 PM
The baseball Gods have spoken.

Don't look in the rear view mirror. The long national nightmare is ovah. Sunny skies ahead.

Just a wild guess, but I don't think there are any sentimental tears being shed by the Sox or the other 28 MLB teams not named "Twins" this year.

Great win to give the dump the kiss-off it deserves. That AJ for Nathan trade worked out nicely for the Sox!

:soxwin:
Pay your postseason invoice.

BadBobbyJenks
09-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Did we really just close out the dome with a win off Joe Nathan? Did that really just happen? Did Hawk really just say, "How Bout Them Apples?"

That Beckham at bat was a thing of beauty, down 0-2 takes 3 sliders and sits all over a 3-2 fastball.

Discuss it here.

aryzner
09-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Eat it Twins.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-02-2009, 02:44 PM
HELL YEAH! :bandance:

SoxGirl4Life
I'm so proud! :bandance:

tdwiek
Wow, just when I start to ask myself why I continue to watch this crap, the Sox provide me with 15 minutes of exciting, come-from-behind, baseball!!!

Pear-Zin-Ski
Whaaaaaaaaaat?!

I'm gonna do a bit of this :bandance: and when I gather my thoughts I'll come back and chat. Hooooooly crap!

:)

The Immigrant
That just made my day.

Jimmy Piersall
What are these things called victories ? :bandance:

Over By There
And the White Sox have won the World... er, well, it feels pretty good to get a win, anyway.

October26
09-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Figures that I was at work, in a meeting most of today. But I just got out, checked WSI and came here to celebrate!

Sox win!:bliss:Sox win! I have been waiting so long to be able to type this. YIPPEE!

thomas35forever
The most improbable win of the season by far. I love that we decided to leave the Dome on a high note.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UheKmPY1mNw

JohnnyInnsbrook
Does this win have anything to do with Ozzie taking down the number???

SoxSpeed22
**** the Twins
**** the dome
**** this trip
At least we went out with a win, off of Joe Nathan with 2 down, nobody on. The best part is the dump is gone!
:bandance:

asindc
During this recent streak of futility, I have been most upset with what I see as a lack of fight in the Sox. Today, they showed that they are willing to battle the best and beat them.

Beautiful way to close out that dump!:)

PushinWeight
Can't wait to watch the highlights later tonight. And can't believe how long its been since I got to say that.

spawn
I just wish I could've heard Hawk's call on the final out in that hell hole!

JB98
09-02-2009, 02:46 PM
The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

**** you Nathan. **** you Gardenhire. **** you Punto. **** you Morneau. **** you Gomez. **** all of you. **** your fans and **** your stupid stadium, too.

We may not be going to the playoffs, but you ****s aren't either. **** you.

P.S.: **** you, Bert! Circle that, bitch!

Boondock Saint
SUCK ON THAT, DOME!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Jimmy Piersall
A two-out,ninth inning comeback,on the road.Did the planets just collide ?

Dibbs
Great, right when we were ready to hit our stride in that stadium we are no longer playing there.

VeeckAsInWreck
It's about damn time. :gulp::bandance:

aryzner
09-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Today, they showed that they are willing to battle the best and beat them.
And tomorrow, we will all feel like we did for most of this game again.

Look I'm happy as well but scoring 4 runs in one inning in one game does not have me convinced that they are no longer the lifeless team that most of us have been calling them.

PushinWeight
Oh and Go Cleveland.

oeo
Go Indians! Let's see if we can't come back to the Cell 5 games back. Sure, it will be tough, but at least give the Tigers a run for their money.

Railsplitter
:thud:
I am stunned.

hi im skot
09-02-2009, 02:48 PM

**** you Nathan. **** you Gardenhire. **** you Punto. **** you Morneau. **** you Gomez. **** all of you. **** your fans and **** your stupid stadium, too.

JB...I love you.

Looking forward to getting home to watch the highlights.

Unreal.

spawn
09-02-2009, 02:49 PM

:rolling: P....O....T....W!

gobears1987
09-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Joe Nathan looks fat.

ChiSox81
09-02-2009, 02:50 PM
It feels good to win there. Just got to keep this rolling now.

luckyboy
Did we really just close out the dome with a win off Joe Nathan? Did that really just happen? Did Hawk really just say, "How Bout Them Apples?"

I spit water everywhere after Hawk said that. That was hysterical!

october23sp
Sittin on the computer in English watching Gameday was awesome! Last class of the day. Heard the last out on the radio on the drive home.

Boondock Saint
joe nathan looks fat.

potw!

kufram
Has Bobby lost weight? Yogi.

PorkChopExpress
How fitting that the final game there was a White Sox winner in the mold of the many Twins come-from-behind wins that we have been on the losing side of. Ninth inning, 2 outs, 0-2 count and the wheels just fell off for them. Bizzaro!

Red Barchetta
So our HHH winning streak will end at (gulp) 1! :D:

At least we closed out that place with a win!

SouthSideSid
Adios to that freaking dumpy warehouse they call a baseball stadium. The twinkies are so screwed moving outside next year - their lame team was built to play in that abortion called the Metrodome.

What a win.:smile:

Carolina Kenny
09-02-2009, 02:51 PM
The Dome is Ovah. The Stupidest excuse for a ballpark in history.

We will dominate the next decade in the new Twins park.

Goodbye Dome, I won't miss ya.

soxfandy
09-02-2009, 02:51 PM
I needed that. That's all I have to say.

I also think Hawk needed that. I haven't heard that much excitement in his voice in who knows have long!

Danielgosox38
09-02-2009, 02:52 PM
It sure is good to never play at that dump ever again. I have to give credit to our guys for not giving up in this game. I know this roadtrip was beyond terrible, but I'm glad to see them have an amazing comeback today, against one of the elite closers in the game, to win the final game at that dump. Sure our team is bad this year, but I still love em, and feel for them.

spawn
And tomorrow, we will all feel like we did for most of this game again.

Look I'm happy as well but scoring 4 runs in one inning in one game does not have me convinced that they are no longer the lifeless team that most of us have been calling them.
**** worrying about tomorrow. I'm going to enjoy this win tonight.

Zakath

:tiphat:

Shakespeare himself could not have written a better sonnet.

So long to the biggest ****ing travesty in the history of baseball.

hi im skot
09-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Someone on the Motown board mentioned Konerko insulted the Dome after the game. Any idea what they're referring to?

Boondock Saint
Fairly obvious, but I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, if just for one more day...

:twinslose

oeo
I still wish Wise would have laid Redmond out.

PaleHoser
09-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Baseball's a funny game. Two outs, two strikes with the best closer in baseball on the hill and the Sox pulled it out.

We ain't dead yet... :gulp:

P.S. I'd like to thank Gardy for pinch-hitting for Punto in the ninth.

Chez
09-02-2009, 02:54 PM
I hope somewhere Denny Hocking is weeping.

LITTLE NELL
09-02-2009, 02:55 PM
We won a game in the Dumpdome, road trip is a success!

October26
I still wish Wise would have laid Redmond out.

I didn't get to watch or listen to the game. What do you mean by this?

BadBobbyJenks
Someone on the Motown board mentioned Konerko insulted the Dome after the game. Any idea what they're referring to?

He said the first thing he thought after the win was never having to play there again.

voodoochile

:rolling: :roflmao: :thumbsup:

I had an appointment and stopped to shop, so I missed most of the game, got home put away the groceries and turned on the game in time to see Paulie's AB in the ninth (well most of it). Wish I'd turned it on before I put away the groceries, then I might have seen Beckham's AB too, but in the end it's moot.

Now lets get on a roll and catch those Kittens...:cool: :wink: (yes, I'm winking at YOU!)

Haven't been able to post this often enough recently, but hey this definitely calls for it.

:soxwin:

Bruizer
09-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah! I don't have to delete the game from the DVR when I get home! :bandance:

Way to go SOX!!:bandance:

oeo
I didn't get to watch or listen to the game. What do you mean by this?

Redmond was standing in front of the plate...Wise just slid under him. He could have (and probably should have) ran him over.

Frontman
I just wish I could've heard Hawk's call on the final out in that hell hole!

He almost had a heart attack because Nix and Wise dang near collided for the final out. Had that happened, he would of died in the booth.

THANK GOD the visits are done. Hopefully; either way we don't wind up with a tie this season like last season and have to return to the dome.

Now for Meatball Hell all day tomorrow.

Over By There
09-02-2009, 02:57 PM

:):cheers:

ohiosoxfan
It looked like Paulie spit on the mound after congratulating Jenks. ..

October26
Redmond was standing in front of the plate...Wise just slid under him. He could have (and probably should have) ran him over.

Okay, thanks. :smile:

Hitmen77
Yayy!!! 2-8 road trip. Woot!

Not that it'll help this year, but it's always good to see Buehrle back on track.

Now let's beat the Flubs tomorrow and then start auditioning players for 2010.

I am soooooo glad that our next game in Minnesota will be at Target Field!!!:bandance:

CHISOXFAN13

cheezheadsoxfan
09-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Great, right when we were ready to hit our stride in that stadium we are no longer playing there.

That was a joke, right?

PaleHoser
09-02-2009, 02:58 PM

I was hoping by 'disrespect' that the act required Paulie to drop his pants.

Chez
09-02-2009, 02:59 PM
The Sox still could play one more game in the Twinkie Dome. If the Sox and Twins tie for first and the Twins have a better head to head record against us, Game #163 (The Sequel) would be played in the Dome. That could be one of the sweetest wins ever if it would happen.

Oblong
09-02-2009, 02:59 PM

This has been copied, pasted, and sent to many other baseball fans who share the same sentiment.

They say cursing shows no imagination but this post is proof that's not always true.

Zakath
09-02-2009, 03:00 PM

:violin:

He should have dropped 'em and taken a big healthy dump on it. Would have been a fitting ending to that ****hole.

Woofer
09-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Paulie spitting on the mound looked to be on purpose. Like, this is for you, Metrodome.:D:

BadBobbyJenks
09-02-2009, 03:02 PM

Damn I missed that, and just tried recording the last half hour, but the guide had already switched to the next show so I lost it. :angry:

SoxGirl4Life
09-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Are they replaying on comcast tonight?

Nellie_Fox
09-02-2009, 03:05 PM
P.S.: **** you, Bert! Circle that, bitch!Nah, Bert's really a good guy. If you want to tell someone in the broadcast team **** you, send it to Bremer. He's a tool.

Zakath
09-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Damn I missed that, and just tried recording the last half hour, but the guide had already switched to the next show so I lost it. :angry:

He was laughing about it and made the motion, but I don't think he actually spit on it.

Like I said, would have been better if he dropped 'em and took a dump on it.

LITTLE NELL
Good riddance to the Dumpdome but IIRC the Sox were not world beaters in the old Met either especially in the 60s when we had good teams but the Twins had Oliva, Killebrew, Katt, Allison et al.
Lets hope that Target Field will be differant for us.

BoysMom3
Suck it, Twins!

I've been waiting a long time to say that!! Finally!! Of course I missed all the action because when I checked at whitesox.com to see what time the game started, we were losing 2-0 in the 8th. So when I checked again after picking up school kids, I had to double check to make sure I was seeing things right. Yeah!!!!

QueerGirrl
09-02-2009, 03:08 PM

:rolling: :thumbsup:

**** you Twins!!!

:twinslose

:winner

soxfanreggie
09-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Finally done with that dump! I would love to have a chance to buy a raffle ticket to push the plunger on that place.

Tragg
09-02-2009, 03:09 PM
That Beckham at bat was a thing of beauty, down 0-2 takes 3 sliders and sits all over a 3-2 fastball.

Discuss it here.
Beckham can play.
At this point, I say he leads off next year.

On a side note, I see that DeWayne Wise is back with the club. Joy.

MarkZ35
09-02-2009, 03:13 PM
The beginning of that 15 game winning streak we've been waiting for all season.

spawn
09-02-2009, 03:15 PM
This has been copied, pasted, and sent to many other baseball fans who share the same sentiment.

They say cursing shows no imagination but this post is proof that's not always true.
It's amazing how hatred of the Metrodome brings fans of rival baseball teams together. :gulp:

October26
09-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Are they replaying on comcast tonight?

Sorry SG4L but no. I just checked the Comcast website and it looks like they have the Cubs today/tonight. Sox were on WGN today? I too wish that I could catch the 9th inning of this game. Gonna have to try to get home from work to watch the highlights on the news, I guess.

Lip Man 1
09-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Nice win... for once they showed some guts and character.

Did you notice in this series how many two out RBI's the Twins had, that's amazing.

The bad news today...again completely throttled by a no name stiff pitcher for seven innings.

Lip

hawkjt
09-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Sox reach into the collective chests of the Twins,rip out their hearts,and stomp on it!!!
Gardsy had the look of a cow that had just been hit with one of those stun guns...
This may not spur a divsion defending run by the sox but it sure as hell could rip the guts outta the Twins...yahoo.:D:

Clarification: if we did tie with the Twins, is it not a coin flip again?
Gordo has large brass balls...and PK decided to follow his lead.
For once, after they tied it, they did not mail it in the rest of that inning..good at bats by JD,nice steal by Wise, good at bat by Carlos, then a huge 0-2 basehit by Alexei....

We all learned that momentum in baseball is meaningless after MB's perfecto, and with Torres on the mound tomorrow , the matchup does not favor us vs Dempster...but damn it...go out and beat the CUBS!

DumpJerry
09-02-2009, 03:21 PM
na na na na...NA NA NA NA...HEY HEY goodbye!:):happybday:bandance::gulp:

Nellie_Fox
09-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Sorry SG4L but no. I just checked the Comcast website and it looks like they have the Cubs today/tonight. Sox were on WGN today? I too wish that I could catch the 9th inning of this game. Gonna have to try to get home from work to watch the highlights on the news, I guess.I thought Comcast put the games on "On Demand."

Clarification: if we did tie with the Twins, is it not a coin flip again?No. Because of all the "unfair!" whining last year, it is now head-to-head record that determines who gets the home-field advantage for the game.

GoGoCrede
09-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Well that was fun! I was sitting at my desk, bored, and got the ESPN text.

SUCK IT TWINS!!!!!

My day is now infinitely better.

October26
09-02-2009, 03:24 PM
I thought Comcast put the games on "On Demand."

I forgot about "On Demand. :smile: I'll check tonight when I get home from work. Thanks!

Edit: Just saw skot's post below. Oh well, I will be watching the highlights tonight on some channel, somewhere, you can bet on it! :smile:

hi im skot
09-02-2009, 03:25 PM
It was a WGN game today, no so dice on the Comcast replay/Comcast On Demand.

GoGoCrede
09-02-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm cackling. I hope it was as much fun to see as it was to hear about.

I hate so much about what the Dome chooses to be.

:bandance::bandance:

Party's at my house. Bring your own garbage bags!

russ99
09-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Whewww... Thank goodness that's over.

You could say Bacon saved our bacon...

Now let's kick the Cubs while they're down.

TDog
09-02-2009, 03:31 PM
During this recent streak of futility, I have been most upset with what I see as a lack of fight in the Sox. Today, they showed that they are willing to battle the best and beat them.

Beautiful way to close out that dump!:)

I think it is easy to mistake futility for lack of fight and desire. Fans do this. Coaches at every level do this, although coaches should have a better idea of a player's pride, hustle and desire.

In any case, today's game showed some character that the White Sox have seemed to be lacking on this roadtrip. It came in a place where quotes from the players indicate they play with a defeatist attitude. It came against one of the elite closers in baseball. It came with two outs against this pitcher -- with two outs and an 0-2 count facing a two-run deficit. Even after Beckham's home run, the Sox were down to their last strike with Konerko at the plate when he homered. And pessimistic Sox fans must have thought they were down to their last strike when Ramirez was down 0-2 against the new pitcher, the Sox having knocked out the stud closer. Just one more strike and it's to the ninth for another walkoff win, many thought -- go ahead and admit it.

No. Not today. Celebrate this, Twins.

Initially, I thought the Beckham home run was meaningless. I'm probably not alone. The run doesn't mean anything. A walk would have brought the tying run to the plate and would have been just as helpful. But perhaps the home run provided a spark for the team to show they could score against Nathan.

This is the fifth win in the last two roadtrips to Seattle, Oakland, Boston, New York and Minneapolis. I think it comes out to 11 losses, but not being Antonio Alfonseca, I run out of fingers counting them up. (The only place the White Sox won the series was Oakland). I count five losses where the Sox lost with runs in the last half of the last inning. A sixth loss came with the Red Sox breaking a tie in their last at bat in the bottom of the eighth. In three of those five wins, the White Sox won in their last at bats -- in the ninth on a Ramirez home run with the Sox trailing, in the 10th on a Ramirez home run with the score tied and in the ninth on a Ramirez single with the score tied.

There are points in today's game that could be discussed. I have no idea why Guillen had Buehrle intentionally walk Morneau to get to Kubel with two outs after Kubel had hit him better than Morneau. But in an alternate universe where Buehrle pitched to him, maybe the White Sox enter the ninth trailing 3-0. It is for Twins fans to dissect the game to examine what went wrong, why there is no celebration to send the White Sox on their way.

Today's Alexei Ramirez game-winning hit was made possible by the four hitters homered and got on base before him, of course. There isn't just one hero. Mark Buehrle again doesn't get the win, but he heroically kept the Sox in the game, as did the bullpen, including Jenks, who probably made Twins fans envious by showing them what a save from an All-Star closer is supposed to look like.

One more point. Obviously the Sox would have to have a miracle September to win the division, but consider the scene nine years ago in the Metrodome. The White Sox clinched the Central with the going-nowhere, doormat Twins celebrating a last at-bat win, the Indians having lost that afternoon. The Twins emerged in 2001 as the Twins that White Sox fans despise.

I am optimistic for the future.

gobears1987
09-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Rongey's Facebook status after the game was priceless.

Chris Rongey (http://www.facebook.com/chris.rongey?ref=nf) The Twins just got "Twined" in their own park. About time.

(http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=575996297&v=feed&story_fbid=126372304775&ref=nf)

hawkjt
09-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Captain Konerko clutches up and comes thru. PK has been a steadying influence, even today saying he is not seeing any different effort of late, just not happening...glad he could show by example today.

The bats did show some signs of life late today with Carlos,JD,Pods,PK,Gordo,Alexei all getting a hit.
Dempster is a guy the Sox do well against...go get'em tomorrow.

munchman33
09-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Great win. I'm calling it now. The Sox don't lose another game for the rest of the season.

SoxGirl4Life
09-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I hope they archive it soon. This is one where I'm glad I still have mlb.tv

Crestani
09-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Nice win... for once they showed some guts and character.

The bad news today...again completely throttled by a no name stiff pitcher for seven innings.

Lip

Lip...There is no bad news today! This was a total team effort to come from behind with two outs nobody on and two strikes. How many of us really would have believed it? So, no bad news today!!:bandance:

Lip Man 1
09-02-2009, 03:40 PM
The decade in the House of Horrors:

The Sox lost 15 of the last 18...

The Sox lost 20 of the last 27...

For the decade 2000-2009, the Sox went 35-55 . 388

Our long national nightmare is over.

Lip

PKalltheway
09-02-2009, 03:47 PM
What a win, what a win, what a win! The Twins do that **** to us so much, it's about time they had a taste of their own medicine!

chisoxfanatic
09-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Clarification: if we did tie with the Twins, is it not a coin flip again?
In order to tie the Twins in the season series, we'd have to sweep that series later this month. If we somehow ended up tied for the division lead at the end of the season, the division record is the next tie breaker to determine home field advantage in the potential 163rd game. If that is a tie, then they look at run differential in head-to-head games.

TheBigHurtST
09-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Our last game EVER in that hellhole and we come back and win a game down 2-0 against Nathan. What a spectacular way to finish our last game there.

LITTLE NELL
09-02-2009, 03:51 PM
The decade in the House of Horrors:

The Sox lost 15 of the last 18...

The Sox lost 20 of the last 27...

For the decade 2000-2009, the Sox went 35-55 . 388

Our long national nightmare is over.

Lip

I'm shocked that we won 35 games.

chisoxfanatic
09-02-2009, 03:54 PM
I am so relieved we're done in that dump!

Frankfan4life
09-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Why couldn't this have happened when I was able to watch the game??? Nevertheless, I am so happy the Sox refused to get swept and left the Twinkiedome on a high note. WTG Sox!!!!

Goodman6
09-02-2009, 04:03 PM
This is the fifth win in the last two roadtrips to Seattle, Oakland, Boston, New York and Minneapolis. I think it comes out to 11 losses, but not being Antonio Alfonseca, I run out of fingers counting them up. (The only place the White Sox won the series was Oakland). I count five losses where the Sox lost with runs in the last half of the last inning. A sixth loss came with the Red Sox breaking a tie in their last at bat in the bottom of the eighth. In three of those five wins, the White Sox won in their last at bats -- in the ninth on a Ramirez home run with the Sox trailing, in the 10th on a Ramirez home run with the score tied and in the ninth on a Ramirez single with the score tied.

Good post. So what you are saying is that Alexei Ramirez got the game winning hit/RBI in 3 of the Sox last 5 road wins.

Is this the same Alexei Ramirez that just had a great series defensively in the Dome? Is this the same Alexei Ramirez that many posters on this board wanted KW to trade or moved to 2B or, earlier in the year, wanted to be benched in favor of that awesome star player, Jayson Nix?

Just asking.

Soxman219
09-02-2009, 04:05 PM
I was in class so I didn't see the game but I'm so happy with the results!:smile::smile:

No more bloop hits
No more baggie
No more air conditioner
No more hard surface
No more hits that would be outs in every other ballpark
No more fearing .200 hitters like Lew Ford owning us in that ballpark
No more white background

Just clear skies and a regular baseball field in Minny. I see this comeback today as a sign that were going to own these Twits at Target Field.

JB98 - That was the post of the year!:thumbsup:

chisox12
09-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Thank God we will never play at that ****ing dump again. **** the Twins. Can't wait until they have to play in a real ballpark.

MarySwiss
09-02-2009, 04:07 PM

If I needed another reason for Paulie to be my favorite player, there it is! :bandance:

SWEET!

Lip Man 1
09-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Hawk was actually funny today on this.

"It's apropos that we come from behind to win in the last game in this horrendous ballpark..."

and "for the final time, thank goodness, from the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome..."

Let's hope they don't develop a complex about playing at Target Field.

Konerko didn't actually spit... he just made an exaggerated motion, then laughed at Jenks.

Lip

GlassSox
09-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Joe Nathan looks fat.

:rolling:

hi im skot
09-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Hawk was actually funny today on this.

"It's apropos that we come from behind to win in the last game in this horrendous ballpark..."

and "for the final time, thank goodness, from the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome..."

Let's hope they don't develop a complex about playing at Target Field.

Konerko didn't actually spit... he just made an exaggerated motion, then laughed at Jenks.

Lip

I love Hawk.

fram40
09-02-2009, 04:20 PM
This is the fifth win in the last two roadtrips to Seattle, Oakland, Boston, New York and Minneapolis. I think it comes out to 11 losses, but not being Antonio Alfonseca, I run out of fingers counting them up. (The only place the White Sox won the series was Oakland). I count five losses where the Sox lost with runs in the last half of the last inning. A sixth loss came with the Red Sox breaking a tie in their last at bat in the bottom of the eighth.

reads like a textbook example of bullpen failure - a complete implosion.

popilius
09-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Wow! It does feel great to win. . . now I won't be miserable for the rest of the day because this afternoon, the Sox visited. . .

http://thm-a01.yimg.com/image/f5102e82682f0e6e (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bHNY4Z5KgXsAYqCJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBxMWVoN25 yBHBvcwMxBHNlYwNzcgR2dGlkA0kxMTNfMTM0/SIG=1ht5kjl8p/EXP=1252012760/**http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/images/view%3Fback=http%253A%252F%252Fimages.search.yahoo .com%252Fsearch%252Fimages%253Fp%253Dtwilight%252B zone%2526ei%253DUTF-8%2526fr%253Dyfp-t-701%26w=403%26h=392%26imgurl=www.bostonist.com%252 Fimages%252Ftwilight-zone.jpg%26rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.bostonist.c om%252Farchives%252F2005%252F05%252F19%252Fstrange _things_are_afoot_among_west_coast_ists.php%26size =31k%26name=twilight%2Bzone%2Bjp...%26p=twilight%2 Bzone%26oid=f5102e82682f0e6e%26fr2=%26no=1%26tt=11 1649%26sigr=12vog7h0l%26sigi=11a3vhlks%26sigb=12ir 5vc1f)

doublem23
09-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Where the hell has this been all season?

Even though it's probably completely meaningless, that 9th inning felt good.

spawn
09-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Where the hell has this been all season?

Even though it's probably completely meaningless, that 9th inning felt good.
The best part about that ninth was hitting the two homers to tie the game, and then actually stringing hits and a walk togheter hits together to win it...all with two outs no less. I think the last time they strung hits together to score runs was the first game at the new Yankee Stadium.

PatK
09-02-2009, 04:28 PM
It figures, Sox are down 2 runs with two outs and I get a phone call at work and don't turn my radio back on.

veeter
09-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Gordon Beckham is the best player on the team as a rookie. He'll be the heart and soul for a long time. Great win. I'm just stunned.

oeo
09-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Gordon Beckham is the best player on the team as a rookie. He'll be the heart and soul for a long time. Great win. I'm just stunned.

At what point next year is he the bona fide leader of the clubhouse? Scoot over Konerko, there's a new captain in town.

wassagstdu
09-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Let no one (including Noone) ever accuse this team of quitting again. There is no quit in this team. They have shown us that many times, not least at the end of 2008. How could anyone who saw Pods dive on that plastic surface last night think this team had quit? (and the only comment I saw in the postgame thread was about a bad route later in the game. ****) The team never quit. Some of us quit on the team. They have struggled. But it is not something they are doing to us. It means a heck of a lot more to them, and our support would help.

After all the heartbreaks in the last few weeks, this win is sweet. Down to the last strike under the most pessimistic conditions, and they pulled it out. For the first time this year. Amazing.

markopat
09-02-2009, 05:04 PM
That was fun as hell to watch! CYA TWINKS...Blow that craphole of a stadium up.

TDog
09-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Good post. So what you are saying is that Alexei Ramirez got the game winning hit/RBI in 3 of the Sox last 5 road wins.

Is this the same Alexei Ramirez that just had a great series defensively in the Dome? Is this the same Alexei Ramirez that many posters on this board wanted KW to trade or moved to 2B or, earlier in the year, wanted to be benched in favor of that awesome star player, Jayson Nix?

Just asking.

There are game-winning hits and there are game-winning hits. Nix got he game-winning hit in the Saturday afternoon game in Oakland with a second-inning home run. Kotsay got the game-winning hit in the Boston win a second-inning sacrifice fly.

I haven't figured it out, but I'm guessing Ramirez, certainly since mid-May, has more late-inning game-winning hits than anyone else on the White Sox. A big double with the Sox trailing against Tampa Bay stands out. Sadly, however, the White Sox have few late-inning wins this year.

I think people who advocate trading Ramirez are looking to put Beckham at shortstop, as are people looking to move Ramirez to second. Maybe the Sox get a new third baseman in the offseason, but I don't want to lose Ramirez. He really is a five-tool player, he is an excellent two-strike hitter -- all four Ramirez late game-winning hits I alluded to came with two strikes.

Alexei Ramirez may be the best hitter on the team. He was a mess at the beginning of the season, but he has developed into a more patient hitter (walks are up while grand slams are down this year) than he was as a rookie, and on a team with fans who complain its hitters don't hit with runners in scoring position, Ramirez is one of the exceptions.

Beckham is a promising hitter, of course, and he should have had a late tie-breaking hit in New York, but the run was thrown out at the plate. With all the excitement over Beckham (whose home run would have been cosmetic today if not for the Konerko home run etc.), White Sox fans still should appreciate what they have in Ramirez.

rocky biddle
09-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Sorry, I don't know how to embed videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNB1EUJg1-w

tstrike2000
09-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Goodbye Metrodome...the skidmark on the underwear of ballparks everywhere. Nice job Nathan! The Twins are perpetual losers and suck.

whitesoxfan
09-02-2009, 05:18 PM
At what point next year is he the bona fide leader of the clubhouse? Scoot over Konerko, there's a new captain in town.

Gordon, like Paulie, seems to me as one of those guys that 'leads by example' by his results on the field.

thomas35forever
09-02-2009, 05:20 PM
It feels great to read all these posts. I love how we're rubbing it in the Twins' faces after they got a taste of their own medicine. It may be a little brutal, but I don't care. We've put up with the crap in that Dome for far too long, so it was awesome to leave it like we did. I know the Vikings still have to play there, but I still want to cover every inch of that place with kerosene and then set it ablaze with a single match. A lot of preparation, but the strike would make it all worth it.

BTW, who remembers this beautiful thread?
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106546&highlight=minnesota+twins

MeteorsSox4367
09-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Gordon, like Paulie, seems to me as one of those guys that 'leads by example' by his results on the field.

Farmer lauded Bacon for his home-run trot saying that he "ran around the bases like he'd hit a home run before."

That shows the kid has his stuff together and makes me like him even more. Plain and simple, Bacon is a ballplayer.

Nice to win the last game in that poor stinkin' excuse for a ballpark.

While likely meaningless in the grand scheme of things, the Sox' win did make a long, busy day at work a lot more pleasant.

Go Sox! Go Bacon!

WhiteSox1989
09-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Well, the Sox went out with a bang.

Tragg
09-02-2009, 05:32 PM
I just watched the highlights on MLB.com.

The Twins fans threw Beckham's homerun ball back on the field.

JB's right: LOSERS

oeo
09-02-2009, 05:34 PM
I just watched the highlights on MLB.com.

The Twins fans threw Beckham's homerun ball back on the field.

JB's right: LOSERS

They always do. They cheer for it, just like Cubs fans, too. They're no better.

TDog
09-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Goodbye Metrodome...the skidmark on the underwear of ballparks everywhere. Nice job Nathan! The Twins are perpetual losers and suck.

The worst White Sox loss ever in that place might have been this game (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1984/B06240MIN1984.htm) during that 1984 season when things went so wrong after the Sox captured first place at the All-Star break. This was a June 24 game, and should have been a clue to how things would go for the defending AL West champs.

With one out and two on with the White Sox leading 2-0 with one out in the ninth and Rich Dotson going for a complete game, I remember the ball being hit to right and bouncing high over the charging Harold Baines' head. Retrosheet says it was hit to center. Maybe it bounced high over Rudy Law's head. Whatever. This sort of win only happens in the Metrodome.

The Twins and their arena baseball palace should have been contracted a long time ago. Next year they can enjoy April baseball in the cold and wet with occasional snow flurries, the way April baseball was meant to be played.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-02-2009, 05:49 PM

That is one reason I think Beckham needs to be moved to the middle infield next year. I don't know how many third basemen are the heart and soul of their teams. Maybe there have been some, but it's rare.

I'm a big believer that you start with defense up the middle, and the guys playing up the middle (SS, 2B, CF, and pitchers) more often than not are the heart and soul of the team. As they go, the team goes. When you add Beckham's offense to the mix, you get someone who can and will inspire this team for years.

I would like to see Beckham at SS or 2B next year, where his leadership and numbers will be spectacular.

SBSoxFan
09-02-2009, 06:07 PM
The worst White Sox loss ever in that place might have been this game (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1984/B06240MIN1984.htm) during that 1984 season when things went so wrong after the Sox captured first place at the All-Star break. This was a June 24 game, and should have been a clue to how things would go for the defending AL West champs.

With one out and two on with the White Sox leading 2-0 with one out in the ninth and Rich Dotson going for a complete game, I remember the ball being hit to right and bouncing high over the charging Harold Baines' head. Retrosheet says it was hit to center. Maybe it bounced high over Rudy Law's head. Whatever. This sort of win only happens in the Metrodome.

The Twins and their arena baseball palace should have been contracted a long time ago. Next year they can enjoy April baseball in the cold and wet with occasional snow flurries, the way April baseball was meant to be played.

I watched that game on TV. It most certainly bounced over Baines' head!

Medford Bobby
09-02-2009, 06:08 PM

Discuss it here.

And the beauty of this was having to listen to the Twins feed on my XM radio and the announcers were getting giddy expecting a sweep of the Sox with 2 outs in the top of the ninth....:wink:

Goodman6
09-02-2009, 06:08 PM
There are game-winning hits and there are game-winning hits. Nix got he game-winning hit in the Saturday afternoon game in Oakland with a second-inning home run. Kotsay got the game-winning hit in the Boston win a second-inning sacrifice fly.

I haven't figured it out, but I'm guessing Ramirez, certainly since mid-May, has more late-inning game-winning hits than anyone else on the White Sox. A big double with the Sox trailing against Tampa Bay stands out. Sadly, however, the White Sox have few late-inning wins this year.

I think people who advocate trading Ramirez are looking to put Beckham at shortstop, as are people looking to move Ramirez to second. Maybe the Sox get a new third baseman in the offseason, but I don't want to lose Ramirez. He really is a five-tool player, he is an excellent two-strike hitter -- all four Ramirez late game-winning hits I alluded to came with two strikes.

Alexei Ramirez may be the best hitter on the team. He was a mess at the beginning of the season, but he has developed into a more patient hitter (walks are up while grand slams are down this year) than he was as a rookie, and on a team with fans who complain its hitters don't hit with runners in scoring position, Ramirez is one of the exceptions.

Beckham is a promising hitter, of course, and he should have had a late tie-breaking hit in New York, but the run was thrown out at the plate. With all the excitement over Beckham (whose home run would have been cosmetic today if not for the Konerko home run etc.) But White Sox fans should appreciate what they have in Ramirez.

Another excellent post, TDog. I agree with you 100%. I know you were NOT one of those on the board that wanted Alexei traded or benched. I was referring to other posters (I won't mention any names). In the 9th inning today, I was just hoping Quentin would find a way to get on base so we could get Alexei at bat with the game on the line. As you said, Alexei has been one of the exceptions when fans complain about the hitters not hitting with RISP.

LITTLE NELL
09-02-2009, 06:13 PM
That is one reason I think Beckham needs to be moved to the middle infield next year. I don't know how many third basemen are the heart and soul of their teams. Maybe there have been some, but it's rare.

I'm a big believer that you start with defense up the middle, and the guys playing up the middle (SS, 2B, CF, and pitchers) more often than not are the heart and soul of the team. As they go, the team goes. When you add Beckham's offense to the mix, you get someone who can and will inspire this team for years.

I would like to see Beckham at SS or 2B next year, where his leadership and numbers will be spectacular.
I can think of a few third sackers who were the guts of a team, George Brett, Mike Schmidt and Brooks Robinson to name a few. Pete Rose could also make the list even though he played other positions.

DumpJerry
09-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Alexei is an excellent situational hitter. He is also excellent with the glove when heroics are called for.

It is the routine at-bat and the routine grounder that drives us crazy with him. I guess he loves a challenge.

tstrike2000
09-02-2009, 06:33 PM

I was talking about this with a Twin fan friend of mine who keeps asking me why the Sox can't win at the Heftybag dome. I always tell him that I don't know and that in the last 25 years especially, I don't ever remember the Sox playing well in that hellhole.

TommyJohn
09-02-2009, 06:40 PM

I remember that game well. The ball sprang over Baines' head. He was coming in to play it on one hop. It hit, then took off like a superball (Baines tipped it with his glove, I think) and went all the way to the wall. By the time Baines was able to retrieve it, Tim Teufel had rounded the bases with a three-run, inside-the-park home run. That is the second-most stunning White Sox los I can remember (Mike Stanton's Baltimore Nightmare will always be Number 1).

By the way, this may have nothing to do with that freak play or the Metrodome or the White Sox' inability to win in it but-as I said, the guy who hit that freakish, only-in-the-****dome, inside-the-park home run was Tim Teufel. "Teufel" is the German word for "devil." Coincidence?

Lip Man 1
09-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Before the game today since they had ten minutes to first pitch Hawk and Steve were talking and showing some of the "good" moments at the Metrodome. I thought it was ironic that the four clips they showed ended in 1995. LOL

In case you're wondering the four were:

1. Thomas' first MLB HR.
2. Karkovice's inside the park grand slam
3. McDowell winning his 20th game
4. Johnson's six hit game with three triples.

Lip

tstrike2000
09-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Before the game today since they had ten minutes to first pitch Hawk and Steve were talking and showing some of the "good" moments at the Metrodome. I thought it was ironic that the four clips they showed ended in 1995. LOL

1. Thomas' first MLB HR.

Lip

And I think the Sox clinched the 2000 Central Division title in the dump, although I think they lost the actual game and clinched after the game from an Indian loss.

TommyJohn
09-02-2009, 06:49 PM
I thought Comcast put the games on "On Demand."

No. Because of all the "unfair!" whining last year, it is now head-to-head record that determines who gets the home-field advantage for the game.I still can't believe the crybaby bitch Twins mangaed to get 106 years of baseball rules overturned (I can't say "tradition" it was simply just a rule to hold a coin toss) with their crybaby bitch bellyaching. I can't stand them for that alone. You didn't hear Roy Campanella, Duke Snider and Jackie Robinson bitching about a coin toss costing them the pennant in 1951. They knew they choked it up and lost. But oh, no. Not the crybaby bitch Twins. Outside forces cost them the division last year. They had nothing to do with it, not even when they gagged in the final weekend against the Royals.

slavko
09-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Joe Nathan looks fat.

Hilarious!

Sorry I was out of touch with the game other than watching the scoreboard at that other place and seeing the top 9th number take forever to go up. My biggest excitement of the day by far, even though the game on the field was a fine game indeed. Seeing Ronnie Woo roaming the stands giving high fives and hugging ladies doesn't count as excitement.

Gotta find me some highlights.

asindc
09-02-2009, 06:54 PM

1. Thomas' first MLB HR.

Lip

If I recall correctly, McDowell won a 1-0 complete game there late in the '93 season during the pennant chase despite giving up eight or nine hits in the game. I always thought that was the quintessential Black Jack game, and one of the few highlights in the House of Horrors for the Sox in the last 20+ years.

JB98
09-02-2009, 06:58 PM
And I think the Sox clinched the 2000 Central Division title in the dump, although I think they lost the actual game and clinched after the game from an Indian loss.

They did. During the game, the Sox learned the Indians had lost, thus clinching the the division. The Twins won on a walkoff HR by Matt Lawton. Both teams were on the field celebrating at the same time as the game ended.

TommyJohn
09-02-2009, 06:59 PM
And I think the Sox clinched the 2000 Central Division title in the dump, although I think they lost the actual game and clinched after the game from an Indian loss.You're right. The Twins got a game-winning hit and were celebrating on the field when word came that the Indians had lost, clinching the division for the Sox. So they celebrated, too. The White Sox couldn't even win a title right in that place.

Brian26
09-02-2009, 07:21 PM
You're right. The Twins got a game-winning hit and were celebrating on the field when word came that the Indians had lost, clinching the division for the Sox. So they celebrated, too. The White Sox couldn't even win a title right in that place.

That bitter sweet division-clincher set the tone for a completely crappy post-season.

guillensdisciple
09-02-2009, 08:33 PM
We have 6 games left against the Tigers this year, does anyone here still hold fools hope that this team can win this thing?

I just had to mention that, because I forgot about that.

We sure have dug ourselves a nice little hole, but the possibility still exists- if we really want it to exist.

Sigh, I really hope this team dies out by this week or gets back into it- I just want to give up completely or get back into it.

Being stuck in limbo sucks.

JB98
09-02-2009, 08:39 PM
We have 6 games left against the Tigers this year, does anyone here still hold fools hope that this team can win this thing?

We sure have dug ourselves a nice little hole, but the possibility still exists- if we really want it to exist.

Sigh, I really hope this team dies out by this week or gets back into it- I just want to give up completely or get back into it.

Not me. I would like to see them catch Minnesota for second, though.

ChiSoxGirl
09-02-2009, 08:55 PM

:roflmao: :rolling: BEST. POST. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bandance: :bandance:

There has been at least one post on each page of this thread that has had me rolling! I haven't laughed this hard at the contents of a postgame thread in ages! **** THE BAGGIE DOME and **** THE TWINS and their lame ass bloop singles & all of those cheap ass wins they had against us there over the years!!!!!!!

09-02-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm a little late to the party but I'll join in. That loss yesterday was rock bottom for me. We had just shipped Thome, lost in extra innings (again) and we were on the verge of getting swept (again). Needless to say, I was on the ledge.

Today was the most satisfying win this year bar none. To come back like we did shows huge balls, especially against the closer of the caliber like Nathan, and especially in the cold, dreary, abomination that is the Hubert Horatio Humphrey Metrodome. Consider this: Nathan had only given up 1 HR prior to our comeback, 1 HR! And we comeback with back to back jacks. Both with 2 strikes. Unbelievable. I'm proud of that alone.

Not only did we do that, but we tagged 2 more ER on "invincible Joe" by forcing 2 walks. Granted, Nathan lost command of his wipeout slider, but to get that kind of patience from our hitters is astounding.

Finally, I want to say this was perfect way to close this **** hole down. We have the last laugh in the place that gives us hell, as this is type of loss that can send a team spiraling into a losing streak, or at the very least cool down their little run they've had. It's ironic really. I hope that the Tigers, Indians, and Royals can all win their final game in the ****dome in dramatic fashion as well. I also want to say thank you to the White Sox for giving the **** you to the Twins that love to revel in our demise.

**** the Twins. **** 'em and as always Go Sox

asindc
09-02-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm a little late to the party but I'll join in. That loss yesterday was rock bottom for me. We had just shipped Thome, lost in extra innings (again) and we were on the verge of getting swept (again). Needless to say, I was on the ledge.

Today was the most satisfying win this year bar none. To come back like we did shows huge balls, especially against the closer of the caliber like Nathan, and especially in the cold, dreary, abomination that is the Hubert Horatio Humphrey Metrodome. Consider this: Nathan had only given up 1 HR prior to our comeback, 1 HR! And we comeback with back to back jacks. Both with 2 strikes. Unbelievable. I'm proud of that alone.

Not only did we do that, but we tagged 2 more ER on "invincible Joe" by forcing 2 walks. Granted, Nathan lost command of his wipeout slider, but to get that kind of patience from our hitters is astounding.

Finally, I want to say this was perfect way to close this **** hole down. We have the last laugh in the place that gives us hell, as this is type of loss that can send a team spiraling into a losing streak, or at the very least cool down their little run they've had. It's ironic really. I hope that the Tigers, Indians, and Royals can all win their final game in the ****dome in dramatic fashion as well. I also want to say thank you to the White Sox for giving the **** you to the Twins that love to revel in our demise.

**** the Twins. **** 'em and as always Go Sox

Funny that you say that. Oblong said the exact same thing over at Motownsports.:smile:

Hitmen77
09-02-2009, 09:03 PM

Forget about it. IT IS OVAH! The Sox have already given up on their own team.
:whiteflag::raincloud::whiteflag::raincloud: :whiteflag:

If this team has a good September, they might finish above .500. I just hope they finish on a high note and play well going into the offseason. I also hope we see some good performances from Flowers and Hudson this month.

oeo
09-02-2009, 09:04 PM

The way I see it, the Sox need to be, at worst, 3 games back when the Tigers come to town on September 25th. 3GB with 9 left, 6 of them against the Tigers will give them a shot.

They have to turn things around fast, offensively, though. And they need to get a couple of games while the Tigers are on the road this weekend and next week.

Not over, but definitely an uphill climb, especially since we can't hit **** right now. At least give them a run.

09-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Nah, Bert's really a good guy. If you want to tell someone in the broadcast team **** you, send it to Bremer. He's a tool.

This X1000. This guy is calm during the majority of his broadcasts, yet creams all over himself whenever the Sox do poorly. I'm convinced he hates the Sox more than he likes the Twins.

guillensdisciple
09-02-2009, 09:07 PM
The way I see it, the Sox need to be, at worst, 3 games back when the Tigers come to town on September 25th. 3GB with 9 left, 6 of them against the Tigers will give them a shot.

They have to turn things around fast, offensively, though. And they need to get a couple of games while the Tigers are on the road this weekend and next week.

Well then, this will will determine how much faith I will lose or keep in this team for the rest of the year.

If we can gain two games on Detroit this week, the Sox will have my faith until the year ends.

oeo
09-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Well then, this will will determine how much faith I will lose or keep in this team for the rest of the year.

If we can gain two games on Detroit this week, the Sox will have my faith until the year ends.

'Meaningless' sports games suck...what's the point in watching? Calling today's win 'meaningless' is no fun. Don't give up faith until it's impossible to come back. The Sox certainly need to turn things around, but it's not impossible. Again, all I ask is that we give the Tigers a run. They're a .500 team since the break, so it's not like they're playing out-of-this-world baseball.

veeter
09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
I watched that game on TV. It most certainly bounced over Baines' head!I actually saw that game too. Wow.

veeter
09-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Gordon, like Paulie, seems to me as one of those guys that 'leads by example' by his results on the field.I think we'll find Gordon is a little more "get in your face" than Paulie. He's way more energized.

Brian26
09-02-2009, 09:24 PM

I remember the game very well. The ball took a "super-ball" bounce over Baines glove in rightfield and rolled all the way to the baggie. I can still see Baines stretched out trying to catch the crazy bounce with Don Drysdale losing his mind on the call.

oeo
09-02-2009, 09:25 PM
I think we'll find Gordon is a little more "get in your face" than Paulie. He's way more energized.

Agreed. He's also, even as a 22-year-old, better with the media than Paulie has ever been. A more vocal leader, Gordon Beckham will be.

soxfan1965
09-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Nice way to bring closure on what would have otherwise been lingering bad memories.....Now if we can only get some production out of Rios. :cool:

guillensdisciple
09-02-2009, 09:31 PM
'Meaningless' sports games suck...what's the point in watching? Calling today's win 'meaningless' is no fun. Don't give up faith until it's impossible to come back. The Sox certainly need to turn things around, but it's not impossible. Again, all I ask is that we give the Tigers a run. They're a .500 team since the break, so it's not like they're playing out-of-this-world baseball.

Wow, you get my thumbs up of the day award.

Love the attitude, lets go Sox!

hula
09-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Let's see how good those Twinkie's are when they're freezing their asses off next year in their new stadium. It's sure to make their fans even meaner than ever!

So we didn't win much there, but this was the game to win and we did it!

SoxandtheCityTee
09-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Just watched the recording (and have not read the whole thread) -- those highlights of Sox fun at the TrashbagDome they ran at the beginning were fun: the game where One Dog went 6 for 6 with three triples; Karovice's inside the park slam (he didn't even have to slide at home); Frank's first HR. Still, very glad to see the back end of that place.

I think that "How do you like them apples?" was Hawk's on-air way to get across something in the spirit of JB98's classic post in this thread.

DumpJerry
09-02-2009, 10:02 PM

1. Thomas' first MLB HR.

Lip
It was also the scene of the first career win (http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/MIN/MIN200007190.shtml) for some kid with a funny name who was drafted in the 38th round.
:burly
"Mark" is not a funny name.

stillz
09-02-2009, 10:07 PM
A win feels good any day of the season, but today's comeback was some true relief. Against Nathan at that hole of a ballpark... 2-8 better than 1-9.

How about a couple of them patented eight game winning streaks?

Impossible to lose hope until were eliminated. Damn.

TheBigHurtST
09-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Might sound greedy and unrealistic, but I'm hoping the Sox go ona crazy run now and win the division. Not likely, but POSSIBLE. :sox

hawkjt
09-02-2009, 10:28 PM

I would settle for being 4 back going into those last nine games...last year the sox were like 3 up going into Minny the last week, got swept and if Minny wins their games, they take the division. If we get to 4 back by the time Detroit comes to town, we can put pressure on them, win game one, their spincters might tighten and we sweep them ....and then panic ensues in Detroit. Would love to go into the last weekend down 1 game at most...

voodoochile
09-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Might sound greedy and unrealistic, but I'm hoping the Sox go ona crazy run now and win the division. Not likely, but POSSIBLE. :sox

I was trying to find something to watch tonight and ended up catching the last 20 minutes of Glee which is a show about a HS Glee club.

One of the members gets inspired listening to a boom box and then the group practices the song and sings it to end the show. It had meaning because the teacher sponsor of the group was thinking about quitting teaching to become an accountant to make more money, but in the end gets convinced to stick it out doing that which he believed in and loved.

Of course that song I am referring to was "Don't Stop Believing".

I never will until it's all but mathematically impossible.

Anything's possible and the Sox still have 6 h2h games with the Kittens left. Need some help but why quit not?

Just a small town girl...

Brian26
09-02-2009, 10:40 PM
I was trying to find something to watch tonight and ended up catching the last 20 minutes of Glee which is a show about a HS Glee club.

One of the members gets inspired listening to a boom box and then the group practices the song and sings it to end the show. It had meaning because the teacher sponsor of the group was thinking about quitting teaching to become an accountant to make more money, but in the end gets convinced to stick it out doing that which he believed in and loved.

Anything's possible and the Sox still have 6 h2h games with the Kittens left. Need some help but why quit not?

It is a bit eerie that this post was the 163rd reply in the thread? Sign of things to come? :tongue:

Rohan
09-02-2009, 10:43 PM
It is a bit eerie that this post was the 163rd reply in the thread? Sign of things to come? :tongue:

Let's hope you're right!

ramblinsoxfan11
09-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Perhaps an 8 game win streak is on the way? Crazier things have happened... like when Randy Johnson killed the bird

DumpJerry
09-02-2009, 10:52 PM
By the way, I should credit Fenway for the title of this thread. He described the Baggie Dome as the Pimple on the Prairie at Facebook.

samurai_sox
09-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Agreed. He's also, even as a 22-year-old, better with the media than Paulie has ever been. A more vocal leader, Gordon Beckham will be.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj114/pittsburgh1000/star%20wars/Star_Wars_15.jpg

palehozenychicty
09-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Great win. I'm calling it now. The Sox don't lose another game for the rest of the season.

If they want to impersonate the Rockies in September and October, I'll take it. Just win the World Series. :D:

PeteWard
09-03-2009, 02:02 AM

Not over, but definitely an uphill climb, especially since we can't hit **** right now. At least give them a run.

Ask me after Boston leaves town. If they are within 5 games by then I'd say they have a real shot.

TheOldRoman
09-03-2009, 09:03 AM

P.S.: **** you, Bert! Circle that, bitch! Hey, I came up with it first. :tongue:
**** Ron Gardenhire.
**** Justin Morneau.
**** Carlos Gomez.
**** Nick Punto.
**** Denard Span, and **** Mike Cuddyer for getting injured so that ******* could play and have one of the greatest fluke seasons ever.
**** Jason Kubel.
**** Boof Bonser.
Hey, **** Jason Barlett, too, just because he was on the Twins in 2006. Bonus points because the Sox play him in the next series.

JB98 2008. "Crappy", "perpetual losers", "The Twins are crappy", and "They are perpetual losers" are registered trademarks of JB98.

voodoochile
09-03-2009, 09:07 AM

I gotta admit that I'm not a huge "signs" person, but when that song came on I got tingly. Now you point out the 163 thing...

Guess there's nothing left to do but win the whole thing...

Oh darn...

KenBerryGrab
09-03-2009, 09:22 AM
....and then panic ensues in Detroit. Would love to go into the last weekend down 1 game at most...

"Panic in Detroit,
I asked for an autograph...."

kitekrazy
09-03-2009, 10:10 AM

He might be the best player on the team. I just hope he never gets a dose of "swinging for the fence envy".

Let hope he avoids the sophomore slump.

No matter how much this season sucks it nice to see young guys making the difference. There would have been no October last year without Floyd and Alexi.

Nellie_Fox
09-03-2009, 10:27 AM
There would have been no October last year without Floyd and Alexi.:gah:

#1swisher
09-03-2009, 11:06 AM

Need some help but why quit not?

Livin' in a lonely world

salty99
09-03-2009, 01:52 PM
"get off the ledge!!!"

Oblong
09-03-2009, 02:03 PM
I have to congratulate you guys for no longer having to play there. Do you feel different now? Fresher? Cleaner? Is it like that feeling you get when you rearrange a room in your house?

Boondock Saint
09-03-2009, 02:45 PM
I have to congratulate you guys for no longer having to play there. Do you feel different now? Fresher? Cleaner? Is it like that feeling you get when you rearrange a room in your house?

It's a weight off our shoulders.