PDA

View Full Version : Are You Renewing Your Season Tickets?

voodoochile
09-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Just curious how the way things are playing out are influencing the season ticket holders and people contemplating getting a package next year.

CWS44
09-02-2009, 09:50 AM
I will be renewing as soon as I get over the disappointment of 2009, however, I need to decide whether to maintain the full season package or drop down to a 27 game package.

dickallen15
09-02-2009, 09:58 AM
I will renew as long as I am still employed and the White Sox don't do anything crazy with ticket prices.

Chez
09-02-2009, 10:28 AM
I've been in a full season ticket group since 1987 and will continue to renew until I'm too infirm to go to the games. I can think of few things I would rather do than spend an evening or afternoon at the ballpark with family and friends. Seriously.

ewokpelts
09-02-2009, 10:33 AM
I renewed with my playoff package.

Harry Potter
09-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Our full-season ticket group renewed with the "postseason package" this morning.

doublem23
09-02-2009, 10:37 AM
At worst, next year Ms. Doub and I will probably buy an Ozzie Plan.

DeuceUnit
09-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I have to say, I have honestly been more exited about next year than this one for some time now. We should have one of the best 1-4 pitchers in the league as well as a pretty solid line up. Hopefully Kenny addresses some of the needs (bullpen help, Chone Figgins perhaps), this offseason, instead of the train wreck that started this season off. I will be getting partial season tickets for the first time in 3 years.

chisoxfanatic
09-02-2009, 11:00 AM
It would be a poor financial decision on my part to renew.

Cuck the Fubs
09-02-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm going to renew...but I did pass on this season's "postseason" :whiner: offer...I'll hold onto my cash till November :cool:

jackbrohamer
09-02-2009, 12:21 PM
They've pretty much priced me out of the market the last couple of years, so I am not going to renew.

tebman
09-02-2009, 12:58 PM
I've had an Ozzie Plan the last few years and it's worked for me, so I'll re-up when the time comes.

The Sox have been a big letdown this year but, to wheeze out an old cliche, a bad day at the ballpark is better than a good day at work.

Having said that, I might look for an alternative to the $23/game parking pass. That expense chafes at me when I think about it.

Scottiehaswheels
09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Probably drop my single seat full season for 3 weekend plans.. Living 3.5 hours away, I don't make it to see the games with my friends at the park as much as I used to.

Bruizer
09-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I renewed. I'm excited for next year, and I still haven't completely given up hope for this year - call me crazy! :o:

DumpJerry
09-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Why not? Can't beat fun at the ole' ballpark!

soxfan21
09-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Already renewed with my postseason deposit. Cant wait to see the team that we field next year, should be interesting.

khan
09-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Where's the "I want to wait to see what KW does in the offseason before I decide" option on this poll?

It's Dankerific
09-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Where's the "I want to wait to see what KW does in the offseason before I decide" option on this poll?

Yeah, hopefully we'll have an idea before the november due date.

kittle42
09-02-2009, 02:34 PM

Unfortunately, not much may happen before then.

I just re-upped.

voodoochile
09-02-2009, 02:49 PM

I almost put one in there, but I didn't figure much would happen by the deadline. I'm not asking if you'll decide to take different seats in February prior to ST, but if right now at this moment, you'll be renewing.

If you're planning on waiting, then I don't think you will have much more to base your decision on by the deposit deadline.

soxfanreggie
09-02-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm looking to get an Ozzie plan or something once I get back to IL. With my distance from the games, work, other sports things, I dont think I'll ever have a full season ticket package for a long while.

Lip Man 1
09-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Well for what it's worth, the GM meetings are being held in November IN CHICAGO this year...not sure of the date but it may be around the time for ticket renewals. So Kenny may have made a move or two by then.

Lip

DumpJerry
09-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Relax, already. As you know from being a ST holder, you will know to the penny what your charge will be for 2010 when you get the invoice.

dakuda
09-02-2009, 04:20 PM
It would be a poor financial decision on my part to renew.

They've pretty much priced me out of the market the last couple of years, so I am not going to renew.

Same situation here.

It's Dankerific
09-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Relax, already. As you know from being a ST holder, you will know to the penny what your charge will be for 2010 when you get the invoice.

I'm not worried about the final charge, I'm hoping that we have some info as to KW's direction with the team. More fatass, washed up, crappy 5th starters or more Peavys and Rioses

fram40
09-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I've had an Ozzie Plan the last few years and it's worked for me, so I'll re-up when the time comes.

The Sox have been a big letdown this year but, to wheeze out an old cliche, a bad day at the ballpark is better than a good day at work.

Having said that, I might look for an alternative to the $23/game parking pass. That expense chafes at me when I think about it.

I am an Ozzie plan holder and will definitely renew. I really enjoy going to Sox games - even the 20-1 and 14-0 losses I saw this year.

I suspect parking will be at least $25/game next year

fram40
09-02-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm not worried about the final charge, I'm hoping that we have some info as to KW's direction with the team. More fatass, washed up, crappy 5th starters or more Peavys and Rioses

not to hijack the thread, but ... does anybody expect the 5th starter to be anybody other than Garcia or Hudson?

It's Dankerific
09-02-2009, 04:29 PM
not to hijack the thread, but ... does anybody expect the 5th starter to be anybody other than Garcia or Hudson?

Hudson : Great
Garcia : No way

Thats the type of decisions I hope to hear before due day.

I'd rather give a kid a chance than let a washed up veteran buddy of Ozzie's collect a few more paychecks.

JB98
09-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Hudson : Great
Garcia : No way

Thats the type of decisions I hope to hear before due day.

I'd rather give a kid a chance than let a washed up veteran buddy of Ozzie's collect a few more paychecks.

You honestly think the team is going to announce its fifth starter in November?

Don't base your decision on something that trivial....

LoveYourSuit
09-02-2009, 05:24 PM
wrong thread. oops

SOXfnNlansing
09-02-2009, 05:42 PM
This will end my 2 year run with the weekend package. I'm sticking to Hawks' tickets because I couldn't sell tickets to unwanted Sox games and they are too expensive (when you buy 27 games X 3 tickets per game). I will still go to a ton of games STARTING JUNE 1st, with opening day the exception.

For those of you that stated you are going to get a package next season, I say congratulations for making the commitment. You'll love all the little perks that come with the commitment. In a way I'm sad to give them up, but it's so easy to find tickets for less than what I paid. I don't mind paying premium prices for OD and the Cub games. Over paying for 4 games<full price for 27 games.

Also, giving up 13 weekends is a MAJOR commitment. There are so many activities that were given up to attend the games because I was unable to find people to take them off my hands.

My decision not to renew has nothing to do with the Sox tanking the past few weeks (dumping my remaining tickets in the exchange had everything to do with tanking though).

DumpJerry
09-02-2009, 05:46 PM

Haven't you heard? The Sox have moved Spring Training to November.

skobabe8
09-02-2009, 07:49 PM
OF COURSE we are renewing.

Can't let this pesky $15K wedding get in the way.

It's Dankerific
09-02-2009, 08:39 PM

Announce? No. But hopefully we see if Freddy is signed up again, or if some other starter is selected, etc.

I'm not saying I want the active roster, I'm saying I want some heads up as to the direction of the team.

Considering our **** poor #5 record this season, I dont think its so "trivial". Nor was it in previously **** poor seasons.

You are right, it may not be known. But thats going to make my decision harder.

JB98
09-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Announce? No. But hopefully we see if Freddy is signed up again, or if some other starter is selected, etc.

I'm not saying I want the active roster, I'm saying I want some heads up as to the direction of the team.

Considering our **** poor #5 record this season, I dont think its so "trivial". Nor was it in previously **** poor seasons.

You are right, it may not be known. But thats going to make my decision harder.

So, if Freddy pitches well in his five remaining starts and earns the right to come to spring training next year and compete for a job, you're going to be outraged and give up your tickets? That seems silly to me.

It's Dankerific
09-02-2009, 09:28 PM
So, if Freddy pitches well in his five remaining starts and earns the right to come to spring training next year and compete for a job, you're going to be outraged and give up your tickets? That seems silly to me.

Seems silly to me that you think how Freddy pitches his next 5 starts will make a bit of difference.

DumpJerry
09-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Seems silly to me that you think how Freddy pitches his next 5 starts will make a bit of difference.
Ok, your posts about what will convince you to make up your mind are very selfish. I'm not saying you're a selfish person, but your posts on this topic are.

You want Kenny to announce his negotiating tactics before teams are allowed to talk to other teams' free agents. Fine. So Kenny says "my top priority to get a fifth starter and my preferences are, in order: (fictional names) Jackson, Jones, Smith, Johnson, and Kenworth." Well, if I'm Jones' agent, I'm doing backflips because I know Jackson's agent will put a high price on his client's services. Jackson's price will be too high, so Jones' agent will force Kenny to overpay because if it gets to Smith, the overpay becomes too high to justify.

Same would apply if Kenny is trying to work out a trade and, to cater to your invoice payment, the team Kenny is talking to knows he has made one of their players a "very high" priority and demands too much. When Kenny talks to the team for the backup player to the overpriced player, that team will know they can ask for more than what their guy is worth because they are aware of how important the deal is to Kenny.

All this to collect a payment from you that pays for, perhaps, 30 minutes of Paul Konerko's contract.

I know you live in Oregon and sell the tickets your family in Chicago does not want, but even in the dark, dark depths of 2007 (the team, by the way, that gave us Beckham), I had to eat only three tickets out of 162. I did not sell anything below face that year.

Instead of demanding to know what cards Kenny is holding at the Poker table, why don't you look at how the team has been drafting the past two years to guide you as to whether or not they are serious about winning. The last two years have given us Beckham, Hudson and Mitchell, just to name a few.

JB98
09-02-2009, 09:58 PM

Frankly, I don't know what you're talking about. Freddy Garcia will be a non-factor in my decision. Our fifth starter will be a non-factor in my decision.

You seemed to suggest you would not want to renew your tickets if Freddy Garcia was a candidate for 2010 roster spot. I just don't get that.

DumpJerry
09-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Frankly, I don't know what you're talking about. Freddy Garcia will be a non-factor in my decision. Our fifth starter will be a non-factor in my decision.

You seemed to suggest you would not want to renew your tickets if Freddy Garcia was a candidate for 2010 roster spot. I just don't get that.
He does not want to renew. Plain and simple.

It's Dankerific
09-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Ok, your posts about what will convince you to make up your mind are very selfish. I'm not saying you're a selfish person, but your posts on this topic are.

You want Kenny to announce his negotiating tactics before teams are allowed to talk to other teams' free agents. Fine. So Kenny says "my top priority to get a fifth starter and my preferences are, in order: (fictional names) Jackson, Jones, Smith, Johnson, and Kenworth." Well, if I'm Jones' agent, I'm doing backflips because I know Jackson's agent will put a high price on his client's services. Jackson's price will be too high, so Jones' agent will force Kenny to overpay because if it gets to Smith, the overpay becomes too high to justify.

Same would apply if Kenny is trying to work out a trade and, to cater to your invoice payment, the team Kenny is talking to knows he has made one of their players a "very high" priority and demands too much. When Kenny talks to the team for the backup player to the overpriced player, that team will know they can ask for more than what their guy is worth because they are aware of how important the deal is to Kenny.

All this to collect a payment from you that pays for, perhaps, 30 minutes of Paul Konerko's contract.

I know you live in Oregon and sell the tickets your family in Chicago does not want, but even in the dark, dark depths of 2007 (the team, by the way, that gave us Beckham), I had to eat only three tickets out of 162. I did not sell anything below face that year.

Instead of demanding to know what cards Kenny is holding at the Poker table, why don't you look at how the team has been drafting the past two years to guide you as to whether or not they are serious about winning. The last two years have given us Beckham, Hudson and Mitchell, just to name a few.

Give me a break. We're on pace for 2 losing seasons out of 3. All in a ****ty division that the highest payroll/biggest market team should be dominating in.

Factor in this season's decisions that have been downright crazy, (with some awesome decisions in the middle thrown in), its not as clear cut as you make it out to be. Maybe you're happy tossing away Allen for that horrible relief pitcher. Maybe you don't care that we started out with crap in CF and Crap in the 5th Spot. (Sometimes 4th AND 5th when Colon and Contreras were both in the rotation.)

As for monetary concerns, definitely play a big role. Not only has a family member dropped out, but this is the first time I've ever had to take a huge loss on the tickets. Every other year, I've only been out of the games I actually went to or gave away as birthday gifts. This season, its a bloodbath.

Its interesting that its selfish of me to want some info about the team before signing up again, but its NOT selfish of the team to demand NO REFUND playoff money. Pick one, please.

Unless there is some magic reason why Garcia has washed out everywhere else and now is bound for some comeback, its a factor in my decision. Precisely because it didn't work this year. Why not let our younger arms have a shot instead of hoping and praying some old guy gets it done, temporarily. Especially how long these leashes are. I'd rather sit through a kids growing pains then just keep plugging in crappy stopgaps. Look at Richard, he had some tough times, some good times, but it all led to us being able to trade him for a good player. better than all the starts we got out of colon and freddy so far.

He does not want to renew. Plain and simple.

I actually WANT to renew. I just want to feel like there's a chance (for a good team), and I'm not talking Dumb and Dumber chances.

DumpJerry
09-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Give me a break. We're on pace for 2 losing seasons out of 3. All in a ****ty division that the highest payroll/biggest market team should be dominating in.
Good thing you're not a Yankee season ticket holder. All that money they've been spending and no World Series titles since 2000 to show for it.

dickallen15
09-03-2009, 07:50 AM

Actually for Freddy it will. The Sox hold a $1 million option on him for next year that includes $2 million more in incentives. If his shoulder holds up, he's the odds on favorite to be next season's 5th starter.

rickytickytockyk
09-03-2009, 10:01 AM
I gladly renewed. The team next season is going to be great. Led by one of the best starting pitching staffs in all of baseball, along with an improved defense, the team will be favored going in to win the division. I really, really like what I see and am happy to take my wife and kids to the games. As long as they want to go, I`m delighted to take them.
So for me, it`s off to Mass in the morning to thank the heavens for my crazy good fortune, and off to the ballpark in the evening to view the game from the best seats I could ever hope for in Section 131.:redface:

voodoochile
09-03-2009, 10:06 AM
So far all the people who have talked about the reason for not renewing have expressed personal financial reasons for doing so. Is anyone not renewing because of other reasons - KW, OG, JR, general feeling of disgust, hopelessness or lack of direction, etc.?

soxfanreggie
09-03-2009, 10:43 AM
So far all the people who have talked about the reason for not renewing have expressed personal financial reasons for doing so. Is anyone not renewing because of other reasons - KW, OG, JR, general feeling of disgust, hopelessness or lack of direction, etc.?

I would take It's Dankerific's posts as combination of financial reasons and wanting to know the direction of the team with the 5th starter, CF; but then again, I'm not him.

Personally, I think someone's decison to renew is their decision only, no matter what the reasoning is. If it's your money, you can justify spending it or not spending it any way you want - that's your choice.

voodoochile
09-03-2009, 10:56 AM
I would take It's Dankerific's posts as combination of financial reasons and wanting to know the direction of the team with the 5th starter, CF; but then again, I'm not him.

Personally, I think someone's decison to renew is their decision only, no matter what the reasoning is. If it's your money, you can justify spending it or not spending it any way you want - that's your choice.

Yeah, I agree, I'm just curious and from the tone of ID's posts I assume he voted the not decided option since he didn't say no. I admit I'm just guessing though.

I respect that answer. It's the people who aren't coming back, but can afford to do so and still live close enough for it to make sense that I would like to hear the reasons. Since they appear to be a huge minority though, I can understand their reluctance to speak up. :tongue:

khan
09-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I almost put one in there, but I didn't figure much would happen by the deadline. I'm not asking if you'll decide to take different seats in February prior to ST, but if right now at this moment, you'll be renewing.

If you're planning on waiting, then I don't think you will have much more to base your decision on by the deposit deadline.
Well, we should have some idea about Dye and Jenks for 2010 by the end of [Calendar year] 2009. We may or may not have an idea about a possible extension for Danks by the end of [calendar year] 2009, as well as for Podsednik.

We should be able to get a hint about what Torres and Hudson and Flowers might bring to the table for 2010.

There is always the possibility of KW capturing the signatures of a few more Cuban defectors.

We may or may not have some changes in the coaching department as well.

There still is the infinitesimal chance that our SOX can make the playoffs.

So, I think that while you're generally right in that there may not be much that occurs before February, I also contend that there can be a fair amount of activity in the November - January timeframe.

JB98
09-03-2009, 11:49 AM

Factor in this season's decisions that have been downright crazy, (with some awesome decisions in the middle thrown in), its not as clear cut as you make it out to be. Maybe you're happy tossing away Allen for that horrible relief pitcher. Maybe you don't care that we started out with crap in CF and Crap in the 5th Spot. (Sometimes 4th AND 5th when Colon and Contreras were both in the rotation.)

As for monetary concerns, definitely play a big role. Not only has a family member dropped out, but this is the first time I've ever had to take a huge loss on the tickets. Every other year, I've only been out of the games I actually went to or gave away as birthday gifts. This season, its a bloodbath.

Its interesting that its selfish of me to want some info about the team before signing up again, but its NOT selfish of the team to demand NO REFUND playoff money. Pick one, please.

Unless there is some magic reason why Garcia has washed out everywhere else and now is bound for some comeback, its a factor in my decision. Precisely because it didn't work this year. Why not let our younger arms have a shot instead of hoping and praying some old guy gets it done, temporarily. Especially how long these leashes are. I'd rather sit through a kids growing pains then just keep plugging in crappy stopgaps. Look at Richard, he had some tough times, some good times, but it all led to us being able to trade him for a good player. better than all the starts we got out of colon and freddy so far.

I actually WANT to renew. I just want to feel like there's a chance (for a good team), and I'm not talking Dumb and Dumber chances.

Freddy has pitched three games and had two good starts against two of the best offensive teams in the league.

In any case, you sound like you want some sort of guarantee that the Sox will be a playoff team before renewing. There are no such guarantees. The Sox have been competitive every year except for one (2007) this decade, and I see no reason to believe they won't be competitive next year. Especially with a rotation of Peavy, Buehrle, Floyd and Danks. I just don't see how you can conclude that we have no chance of having a good team next season.

I may or may not renew, but the decision is purely based on finances.

kaufsox
09-03-2009, 01:13 PM
We only get an Ozzie plan, but I'm undecided. Not because of the team but we're trying to buy a house. Every little bit helps :D: