PDA

View Full Version : Did you purchase postseason tickets?

FoulkeFan
09-02-2009, 10:07 AM
I waited until the last minute to pay my postseason invoice so I'm going to skip it (surprise!) and wait until November. How many others did the same?

dickallen15
09-02-2009, 10:12 AM
The same

Cuck the Fubs
09-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I skipped, and am quite pleased that I did :cool:

dickallen15
09-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Don't be surprised if you get another "reminder" either today or in the next couple of days. Don't hold it against them, I really think they have no idea where they will be at with renewals. Just don't forget how they raised prices and cut payroll last year. This year we have the upper hand. It will be interesting to see what they do. I would imagine they will announce a ticket price freeze soon or offer up some sort of incentive to get a deposit in ASAP.

Jpgr91
09-02-2009, 10:24 AM
I paid the invoice. I would renew my tickets regardless, so I would rather spread the expense across a longer period of time.

soxfan21
09-02-2009, 10:33 AM
I paid the invoice. I would renew my tickets regardless, so I would rather spread the expense across a longer period of time.

I did the same thing for the same reason.

FoulkeFan
09-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Don't be surprised if you get another "reminder" either today or in the next couple of days. Don't hold it against them, I really think they have no idea where they will be at with renewals. Just don't forget how they raised prices and cut payroll last year. This year we have the upper hand. It will be interesting to see what they do. I would imagine they will announce a ticket price freeze soon or offer up some sort of incentive to get a deposit in ASAP.

This was part of my reasoning for not paying for the playoff tickets. I really do think that they will lose quite a few season ticket holders this off season between the economy and this disappointing season.

Chez
09-02-2009, 11:24 AM

Ditto.

ewokpelts
09-02-2009, 11:27 AM
I had a balance from stubhub sales, so I paid all but 80 bucks befor ethey shipped the invoice to me. Might as well pay the rest. way i see it, half my 2010 tix will be paid for. unless they go full ozzie and raise prices....again...

jabrch
09-02-2009, 11:27 AM
I waited - was going to pay at the deadline...as is - no need.

Harry Potter
09-02-2009, 11:39 AM
I waited.... and paid this morning :cool:

chisoxfanatic
09-02-2009, 12:04 PM
No

fox23
09-02-2009, 12:16 PM
This year we have the upper hand. It will be interesting to see what they do. I would imagine they will announce a ticket price freeze soon or offer up some sort of incentive to get a deposit in ASAP.

I didn't order mine under a similar premise. I haven't moved my seats in 4 years now and I'm getting frustrated with it, especially when I've seen friends with season tickets get offers almost every year for upgrades. I'm hoping by not buying postseason tickets which is effectively putting a down payment on next year that I will have a little leverage this offseason to get my seats moved. Of course it is an empty threat as I'm going to renew no matter what, so don't tell the Sox :tongue:

Oh, and I save the $25 processing fee this way too. That's 8.33 churros worth of savings.

Gammons Peter
09-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Why would anybody shell out 25 dollars for a sheet of worthless tickets???

Sockinchisox
09-02-2009, 01:11 PM
We payed, but basically just to hold our seats.

Warriorjan
09-02-2009, 01:34 PM
I thought that it was posted on a different thread that you had no problem holding your seats if you didn't pay, the problem was if you paid and then wanted a refund.
We didn't pay.

DumpJerry
09-02-2009, 02:37 PM
I thought that it was posted on a different thread that you had no problem holding your seats if you didn't pay, the problem was if you paid and then wanted a refund.
We didn't pay.
True. Not paying will not jeopardize your seats. The only way to jeopardize your seats is to check off the box for the cash refund for unplayed games.

This is from an email from my rep.

whitesoxwin
09-02-2009, 03:25 PM
True. Not paying will not jeopardize your seats. The only way to jeopardize your seats is to check off the box for the cash refund for unplayed games.

This is from an email from my rep.

I agree...we will have our seats next season, no matter what!
My partner has a couple more minutes or I am planning not to pay for a sheet of worthless tickets.
Why?
I don't really feel this team has what it takes to go on a roll.
A shame really...even as I am writing this the Sox are showing some TWO-OUT Magic against the twinkies.
I REALLY wish the Sox would show me something....to convince me, but today is the deadline.

SoxFan78
09-02-2009, 04:08 PM
I REALLY wish the Sox would show me something....to convince me, but today is the deadline.

I was thinking the same thing you were, but if you think about it the Sox had the whole road trip to show you something. Going 2-8 sealed the deal for me.

JB98
09-02-2009, 05:17 PM
No.

We'll see if I still have a job in two months. If so, I'll renew for 2010.

In the meantime, I don't have the cash to pay for playoff games that likely will not happen.

dakuda
09-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I didn't order mine under a similar premise. I haven't moved my seats in 4 years now and I'm getting frustrated with it, especially when I've seen friends with season tickets get offers almost every year for upgrades. I'm hoping by not buying postseason tickets which is effectively putting a down payment on next year that I will have a little leverage this offseason to get my seats moved. Of course it is an empty threat as I'm going to renew no matter what, so don't tell the Sox :tongue:

Oh, and I save the $25 processing fee this way too. That's 8.33 churros worth of savings.

Not to sounds all conspiracy theory crazy, but they might already know who you are.

They figured it out in my case. I complained about a lack of communication from a new rep only on here once and received a phone call from that person's boss saying he heard I was unsatisfied. This was the only place I complained.

My guess is since I had my city in my profile and post the tickets for sale here (row, seat #), they put two and two together.

hanger
09-02-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm hoping by not buying postseason tickets which is effectively putting a down payment on next year that I will have a little leverage this offseason to get my seats moved.

I imagine it could be the exact opposite. Putting down money by today may be seen as kind of a "good faith" gesture. If I ran a business I would look a little more kindly on those that show this behavior.

So, obviously I'm hoping that the money I put down today helps me get a more favorable upgrade!

dickallen15
09-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Not to sounds all conspiracy theory crazy, but they might already know who you are.

They figured it out in my case. I complained about a lack of communication from a new rep only on here once and received a phone call from that person's boss saying he heard I was unsatisfied. This was the only place I complained.

My guess is since I had my city in my profile and post the tickets for sale here (row, seat #), they put two and two together.

Its nice that someone from the Sox is reading this, trying to make their service better. If they still are, I think it would be a good policy to have the reps contact their accounts at least once a season to see what's up. In fact, I think it should be required. I had a rep who is no longer there for several years who I was able to speak to once. They gave me a different guy who gets some praise on this board every now and then who I sent 4 emails to and he never responded. I finally got him on the phone. This was nearly 2 years ago. I have never had any contact from him since. I can't imagine how many accounts these people must service, but the guy I had before them used to call me out of the blue, and if I ever called him, knew exactly who I was. There's a better chance of renewals, paying for longshot playoff tickets, etc. if there is some sort of personal care which is advertised from the reps. They should get back to that. If its a full time job, there should be enough time to send someone an email or give them a call. Their automated emails tell me I'm special and appreciated. The last 2 reps I have had, have not.

SOXfnNlansing
09-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I added a seat, parking, and stadium club to my plan this season and was moved back 4 rows and put in the middle of the aisle:scratch:

chisoxfanatic
09-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Its nice that someone from the Sox is reading this, trying to make their service better. If they still are, I think it would be a good policy to have the reps contact their accounts at least once a season to see what's up. In fact, I think it should be required. I had a rep who is no longer there for several years who I was able to speak to once. They gave me a different guy who gets some praise on this board every now and then who I sent 4 emails to and he never responded. I finally got him on the phone. This was nearly 2 years ago. I have never had any contact from him since. I can't imagine how many accounts these people must service, but the guy I had before them used to call me out of the blue, and if I ever called him, knew exactly who I was. There's a better chance of renewals, paying for longshot playoff tickets, etc. if there is some sort of personal care which is advertised from the reps. They should get back to that. If its a full time job, there should be enough time to send someone an email or give them a call. Their automated emails tell me I'm special and appreciated. The last 2 reps I have had, have not.
Yea, I started out with Chris Stavrios (sp.?) for my first few years and had major headaches trying to get in touch with him; however, the last couple years, I've had Scott Gbur, and he's been great!

FoulkeFan
09-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I imagine it could be the exact opposite. Putting down money by today may be seen as kind of a "good faith" gesture. If I ran a business I would look a little more kindly on those that show this behavior.

So, obviously I'm hoping that the money I put down today helps me get a more favorable upgrade!

I agree that this would be good business and I hope it works for you. But if they really wanted to reward people, why do they penalize the people who put down the money for playoff tickets by not letting them get a refund unless they give up their seats?

fox23
09-02-2009, 10:54 PM

That does sound a little out there, but I was a fan of the X-Files, so I'm with you. But in my case, the tickets are in my roommate's name, so I think I'm safe!

fox23
09-02-2009, 10:57 PM

While I wish that were the case, but my good faith in 2006 didn't get me anywhere. My renewal after a brutal 2007 didn't get me anywhere. My good faith in 2008 when the Sox were still back in the standings didn't get me anywhere (in terms of upgrading my seats) either. I think it is time to try a new tact.

Bruizer
09-03-2009, 01:31 PM
While I wish that were the case, but my good faith in 2006 didn't get me anywhere. My renewal after a brutal 2007 didn't get me anywhere. My good faith in 2008 when the Sox were still back in the standings didn't get me anywhere (in terms of upgrading my seats) either. I think it is time to try a new tact.

I've upgraded seat locations twice now since 2007. Just call your rep and ask him what's available. Usually, the best time to call is November or December when a lot of seats have opened up.

DumpJerry
09-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Yea, I started out with Chris Stavrios (sp.?) for my first few years and had major headaches trying to get in touch with him; however, the last couple years, I've had Scott Gbur, and he's been great!
Scott was assigned to me this year (every year I got a new rep as they kept getting promoted). Scott is fantastic. He called for no reason about a month or so ago to check in (he left a voice mail, I did not call back since I had no concerns, so I guess I'm a bad customer), he responds to my emails within minutes, literally. When I called him out of the blue shortly after becoming my rep, he talked to me like he knew me already.

(pssst...Scott: now about those free Scout Seats....when do I pick them up?:tongue:)

ewokpelts
09-03-2009, 04:27 PM
ST reps now only service st holders. there's no excuse for them to not return calls.

fox23
09-03-2009, 06:28 PM
I've upgraded seat locations twice now since 2007. Just call your rep and ask him what's available. Usually, the best time to call is November or December when a lot of seats have opened up.

All the more reason why I'm angry :smile:

We've tried calling our reps every year in the offseason, it usually takes 2 or 3 calls minimum before they even think of getting back to us. And even then, we don't get any upgrades. Go figure.

ewokpelts
09-04-2009, 07:55 PM
All the more reason why I'm angry :smile:

We've tried calling our reps every year in the offseason, it usually takes 2 or 3 calls minimum before they even think of getting back to us. And even then, we don't get any upgrades. Go figure.threaten to cancel your tickets. that'll get a callback.