PDA

View Full Version : Here's a Reminder: WE SUCK!

Viva Magglio
06-08-2002, 12:37 AM
:angry: X 100

This is probably the first time ever I walked out on a fireworks show. That is how pissed off I was. I cannot believe that I posted a message on this board earlier today actually suggesting that this team is still capable of winning the division, as weak as it is. Right now, the only thing we have going for us is that we are not mathematically eliminated.

Of course, the overly optimistic Pollyannas here believe that I and like-minded individuals are nuts. They think that even though we are 30-31 and now 5 games out, we are going to win the division simply by walking onto the field each game. Furthermore, the Polyannas typically respond to any posted opinion of our team that rates them lower than the 1927 Yankees with the chickenlittle tag.

This loss, as hard as it was, cannot be pinned squarely on Jerry Manuel. I did wonder why he lifed lefty Kelly Wunsch, who pitched effectively, with lefty Damaso Marté who got into a jam. Did Wunsch get hurt? It became a moot point when Antonio Osuna got us out of the inning with a great pickoff of José Vidro. At that point, I thought we might come back and win it. Alas...

I am still on the FIRE JERRY MANUEL/FIRE NARDI CONTRERAS bandwagon, but they are not a fault for tonight.

Carlos Lee is the goat of this game, even though Mark Johnson was a stand-up guy and took the blame for what happened on that 2-5 pickoff play. Jerry Manuel and Wallace Johnson were not exactly condemnatory in their analysis of the play either. They didn't make excuses for Lee's @#$% up, but they didn't really take him to task for it either.

Lee's ass would be on a redeye flight to Charlotte tonight if it were up to me. At the very least, Aaron Rowand/Jeff Liefer should become the permanent left fielder, even though they are not hitting all that well like Lee. But at least Rowand and Liefer don't have their heads up their asses like Lee does all the time! Not surprisingly, Lee blew off the media after the game.

Lee may have imrpoved his outfield defense, but he is otherwise a piece of crap player. That pickoff was actually not his first @#$% of the inning. I don't know why he tries to bunt. We saw what happend when he couldn't get a bunt down last Tuesday night. Tonight, he gets one down but almost made it a 1-6-3 double play. He did show aggressive baserunning making it to third on Tony Graffanino's infield single, but we saw him suck the air out of our sails right after that.

Our team stinks. If we are such a good team, why are we under .500 after 61 games? Our pitching is mediocre, and our offense is still slumping. Nevertheless, we are not rolling over and playing dead when we fall behind. Each of the 4-3 losses we had this week were comeback efforts that came up short. In that department, we are at least heading in the right direction. However, after toinght, will we now just go through the motions?

It was a real pisser tonight, folks.

Viva Magglio
06-08-2002, 12:47 AM
We are going down the tubes, and the Flubs beat Seattle behind the pitching of Jesus Prior and home run by SamME. Now all we'll hear about is how we're done and how the Cubs are the greatest team in the history of sports because they beat Seattle.

Daver
06-08-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
We are going down the tubes, and the Flubs are beating Seattle behind the pitching of Jesus Prior. Now all we'll hear about is how we're done and how the Cubs are the greatest team in the history of sports because they're beting Seattle!

Turning off your radio is an option..........