PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie to remove '13' from Metrodome countdown?

thomas35forever
08-31-2009, 09:14 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090831&content_id=6720250&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws
This would be very interesting indeed.

Red Barchetta
09-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Speaking of blowing up the Metrodome, I wish Dan Rohn on WGN realized that they are not blowing up the dome rather the Twins are just moving outside.

Last night during the late 9PM broadcast, he again mentioned that the SOX can't wait until they blow up the Metrodome at the end of the season. :angry:

I also think Ozzie's interest in removing #13 is stupid. Why not go in there with the attitude of sweeping the Twins during this last homestand (impossible now) instead of another defeatist attitude?!

dickallen15
09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Ozzie removing this number is pathetic. Maybe if the team had an attitude they could win in the building, they would. Thinking you can't and not being able to wait until they don't have to play there anymore and ripping down numbers is pathetic. Go out there with the attitude you are going to kick their butt. Tear down numbers after you do that, not after you have had your butt handed to you yet again.

nug0hs
09-01-2009, 11:08 AM
I doubt this happens. The Twins even said they plan on playing a handful of games there next season even though they'll have a new place...

Viva Medias B's
09-01-2009, 11:40 AM
I doubt this happens. The Twins even said they plan on playing a handful of games there next season even though they'll have a new place...

Gee, I have no idea what team they would schedule there.

Nellie_Fox
09-01-2009, 11:44 AM
They've said no such thing. This was a speculation on one guy's blog.

If they blow up the dome, the Vikings will be playing in the parking lot.

Andy T Clown
09-01-2009, 02:04 PM
They've said no such thing. This was a speculation on one guy's blog.

If they blow up the dome, the Vikings will be playing in the parking lot.

Can Hawk blow up the dome with the Vikings in it? :wink:

#1swisher
09-01-2009, 02:25 PM
So it started with Ozzie "even when I was playing, there were no good memories"

BadBobbyJenks
09-01-2009, 02:37 PM
I love it. There is no happier team to see the dome go than us so why not?

2-14 there the last two seasons.

PKalltheway
09-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Hahaha, I love it. Do it, Ozzie!:tongue:

billcissell
09-01-2009, 03:25 PM
This is truly pathetic. It reminds me of a certain team on the other side of town that constantly talks about a curse and goes through elaborate rituals by blowing up a Bartman baseball, fearing a black cat and blaming everything that goes wrong on a goat.

For Christ sake, get your heads of your a$$&s and play ball when you're in the Dome. What kind of crap is this coming from our fearless leader?

soxfanreggie
09-01-2009, 04:00 PM
While I would like to be the one to push the plunger, as would many others on this site and seemingly Ozzie too (a great fundraiser if you think about it), this really doesn't bother me. I believe it's all in jest. The way we're playing though, he might want to be away for a game (Gardenhire's mention that he would need to be suspended to do it).