PDA

View Full Version : Sox like Cubs?

danman31
06-07-2002, 11:13 PM
I didn't see much of the game(and I'm mad about that, but that's another story), but I saw the 9th. In the bottom of the 9th when it was 1st and 3rd I thought their would be a double play. When Carlos got picked off all I could do was laugh at the Sox. I couldn't be sad because I knew they would find a way to blow it. Is it just me or are the Sox becoming like the Cubs? I mean we are finding ways to lose.

FanOf14
06-07-2002, 11:18 PM
They are worse than the Cubs because the Cubs are perenially expected to suck. The sox were expected to be decent this year and haven't been since april. I am getting to the point where I just want to say "**** the sox" and then walk away, but I know I'll tune in to the next game, I always do. Think the fans can come up with enough dough to buy them from JR? We couldn't do any worse than he is at this point...well, at least not much worse.

KruseControl04
06-07-2002, 11:32 PM
Well, the White Sox are 0-27 now after trailing after the 8th inning. We have not come back in the 9th inning once this year to win a game! Someone needs to come through and get the big hit when we need it! I'm getting tired of losing to the likes of the Royals and Expos.

GASHWOUND
06-08-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by FanOf14
They are worse than the Cubs because the Cubs are perenially expected to suck. The sox were expected to be decent this year and haven't been since april. I am getting to the point where I just want to say "**** the sox" and then walk away, but I know I'll tune in to the next game, I always do. Think the fans can come up with enough dough to buy them from JR? We couldn't do any worse than he is at this point...well, at least not much worse.

I had the thought in my head that we are now similar he the cubs, we're getting "pretty" good pitching, but our offense SUCKS..especially with the hits with guys in scoring position..Just like the cubs. Sheesh,
And I also get to the point where I say to myself that I'm not wathching the game today, while the game is on I'll record it or something, or change the channel back to the game like every 12 or 15 minutes..But it never works, I always end up just having the game on and watching, and by the end of the game I regret it.
I'll go through the same routine tomorrow, or later this evening.Sigh...