PDA

View Full Version : A.J. On Metrodome

Lip Man 1
08-30-2009, 06:22 PM
This is interesting:

"I understand the element thing and that it's inside, and playing inside sucks, at the same time, I think we've gone in there sometimes and almost been beaten before we take the field."

Hmmmmm.....like I said it's a mental issue now. Strong leaders with outgoing personalities might be able to influence something like this, but the Sox don't have that type (and in my opinion it costs them...)

Also in a story with Mark Gonzales of the Tribune, Paul Konerko talks about the Metrodome including the "air conditioning" (which has been an on going topic for years at WSI)

Lip

Dibbs
08-30-2009, 06:26 PM
I think Gordon is a natural leader. It will be difficult for him to take that role with all of these veterans though. This team needs changes.

twinsuck
08-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Well, duh it's mental.

TheOldRoman
08-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Well, I don't get too many chances to say it, but I agree with Lip.

kitekrazy
08-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Well, duh it's mental.

How many players ever said they like playing in that...uh..uh ballpark? It's the furthest thing from a baseball atmosphere.

Lip Man 1
08-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Kite:

Other teams may not like it but at least they win from time to time there which is something you don't often say about the Sox in Minnesota this decade...or Oakland this decade...or Toronto in the here and now.

My point with A.J.'s comment is that you've been hearing this now from him, from Dye, from Mark (we don't play well there etc...) yet no one seems to speak out, tries to get the team off their asses and ready to play and so forth. That's a real problem in my book.

Believe me, if it happened someone would have reported it.

Lip

Woofer
08-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Do you think that it is possible for someone to hypnotize the team before they take the field. Have somebody swing the watch in front of the whole teams faces, saying, " You will win in the Metrodome. You will beat the Twins" Hey, it might be worth a try, except if something goes wrong, Harold might think he's a chicken or racing a boat or something.:smile:

eastchicagosoxfan
08-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Maybe the Sox can use the technique used in Hoosiers? They can measaure the distance between the bases, the mound, etc. Anything to loosen the team up.

Big D
08-30-2009, 08:19 PM
It doesn't help that they're a bad defensive team with a bunch of slow guys. Those teams tend to struggle the most on the turf. They haven't played all that well in Toronto or Tampa either the last few years. Of course, we notice it more against Minnesota because the Sox play them many more times.

DumpJerry
08-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Maybe the Sox can use the technique used in Hoosiers? They can measaure the distance between the bases, the mound, etc. Anything to loosen the team up.

Clever, but won't work. It is a plastic infield there, completely different field. Ball skips through more quickly as this post points out:

It doesn't help that they're a bad defensive team with a bunch of slow guys. Those teams tend to struggle the most on the turf. They haven't played all that well in Toronto or Tampa either the last few years. Of course, we notice it more against Minnesota because the Sox play them many more times.

Patrick134
08-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Kite:

Other teams may not like it but at least they win from time to time there which is something you don't often say about the Sox in Minnesota this decade...or Oakland this decade...or Toronto in the here and now.

My point with A.J.'s comment is that you've been hearing this now from him, from Dye, from Mark (we don't play well there etc...) yet no one seems to speak out, tries to get the team off their asses and ready to play and so forth. That's a real problem in my book.

Believe me, if it happened someone would have reported it.

Lip

The twins record at the cell recently is equally putrid, it's just a case of 2 competetive teams each enjoying home field advantage.

Lip Man 1
08-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Patrick:

The Twins haven't lost 14 of their last 16 at the Cell.

This decade the Twins have won more games in Chicago than the Sox have won in Minnesota.

Lip

voodoochile
08-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Do you think that it is possible for someone to hypnotize the team before they take the field. Have somebody swing the watch in front of the whole teams faces, saying, " You will win in the Metrodome. You will beat the Twins" Hey, it might be worth a try, except if something goes wrong, Harold might think he's a chicken or racing a boat or something.:smile:

I think they ought to hire a comedian to address the team before the game starts, get 'em laughing and loose. Then tonight, win or lose the whole team should go out together and get hammered.

**** it, can't hurt...

DaveFeelsRight
08-31-2009, 11:53 AM
I think they ought to hire a comedian to address the team before the game starts, get 'em laughing and loose. Then tonight, win or lose the whole team should go out together and get hammered.

**** it, can't hurt...bring back nick swisher!

Madvora
08-31-2009, 12:13 PM
bring back nick swisher!I've never seen this color chosen before

voodoochile
08-31-2009, 12:17 PM
I've never seen this color chosen before

I'm pretty sure blue is sarcasm on SoxTalk.

DumpJerry
08-31-2009, 12:19 PM
bring back nick swisher!
:tealtutor:

GoGoCrede
08-31-2009, 12:21 PM
I've never seen this color chosen before

It looks a bit more like aquamarine.

DaveFeelsRight
08-31-2009, 12:21 PM
eh, don't really care for colors. just wanted something that didnt hurt the eyes and didn't warrant the dumb "teal police" picture. and i don't even post at soxtalk haha.

Crestani
08-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Then tonight, win or lose the whole team should go out together and get hammered.

**** it, can't hurt...

Your talking old school baseball! I don't think too many of these current players even speak to one another after the game. Their probably too busy talking to their agents and personal managers!

By the way, Paulie's excuse about the air-conditioning is lame. :scratch:

white sox bill
08-31-2009, 12:28 PM

**** it, can't hurt...
I think we already have a team of comedians anyway Voodoo.

Nellie_Fox
08-31-2009, 01:09 PM
It looks a bit more like aquamarine.It's "deep sky blue."