PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox Buy into the Press-Hype; 1-6 on *the* road trip

SoxGirl4Life
08-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Same **** as last year. Minny series was the death knell.. And so it was. People have been talking about this road trip since the schedule came out. And so it is.

Next year. Peace

ndgt10
08-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Nix's bonehead play ran us out of a huge inning and cost us the game.

It's Time
08-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Did anyone see JD after he hit the HR and crossed home? He didn't acknowledge Kotsay and Kotsay didn't ackknowledge Dye. I have never seen a player it a HR and not give a fist bump or high five to his teammate.

Maybe it was nothing, but it was weird. And yes, season's over.

harwar
08-30-2009, 03:01 PM
the White Sox are just CRAZY BAD right now .. wow .. Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” .. call me crazy but i'm predicting a sweep over the Twins .....

SoxGirl4Life
08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Nix's bonehead play ran us out of a huge inning and cost us the game.

We lost by 5, nearly 6. I wasn't paying that close attention, but I don't think Nix was pitching on the home run.

WhiteSox1989
08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Did anyone see JD after he hit the HR and crossed home? He didn't acknowledge Kotsay and Kotsay didn't ackknowledge Dye. I have never seen a player it a HR and not give a fist bump or high five to his teammate.

Did you want them to celeberate it? What's the point really?

russ99
08-30-2009, 03:03 PM
That was very weird. Maybe there's tension in the clubhouse we don't know about.

But yeah, rough week. I think I'm going to skip on watching the Twins games this week. If the Sox win, more power to them, but if those clowns launch their way back towards 1st place at our expense, it would be too much to handle....

SoxGirl4Life
08-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Did you want them to celeberate it? What's the point really?

Well it WAS the first homerun the sox hit in the most homerun friendly park in the American League. That little tidbit is amazing to me. Unless I'm forgetting something from Friday.

Soxman219
08-30-2009, 03:04 PM
We looked at this road trip since the beginning of the season as a make or break trip for the Sox. It's obvious we f'd it up. This team has no heart period. Why can't we play the Yankees and Red Sox in the first half of the season next year?:(:

guillensdisciple
08-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Same **** as last year. Minny series was the death knell.. And so it was. People have been talking about this road trip since the schedule came out. And so it is.

Next year. Peace

Holy ****! YOU, out of all people!

Okay, well, this is how I know this team officially ****ing sucks.

Now, I am not going to vent like I did in the chat, but I will say this. Thome, Dye, and Paulie must go- NOW! They have done this countless times, and I am sick of watching hitters with a lack of nuts go up there and try to help this team.

I see that Gordon has gone downhill due to our losing streak, and I really hope that this does not linger with him, because putting a guy with his talent on a team with such a defeatist attitude might screw him up (I am not saying he is going to be bad, but he also seems to have weakened in terms of his approach).

It is a little scary to think that this might screw with Beckham, but you never know- everything was fine and dandy for him but then the team collapsed and so did he. I really hope it is more of a slump for him, rather than an attitude change caused by the rest of the team.

Guys, this team sucks so much I can't even complain about them properly. I will not give up until we are mathematically eliminated, but I am ashamed of how we are playing baseball right now and really hope to see some sign of life very very soon or September will be one of the roughest months I have been through in a while.

SoxGirl4Life
08-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Holy ****! YOU, out of all people!

Okay, well, this is how I know this team officially ****ing sucks.

Now, I am not going to vent like I did in the chat, but I will say this. Thome, Dye, and Paulie must go- NOW! They have done this countless times, and I am sick of watching hitters with a lack of nuts go up there and try to help this team.

I see that Gordon has gone downhill due to our losing streak, and I really hope that this does not linger with him, because putting a guy with his talent on a team with such a defeatist attitude might screw him up (I am not saying he is going to be bad, but he also seems to have weakened in terms of his approach).

It is a little scary to think that this might screw with Beckham, but you never know- everything was fine and dandy for him but then the team collapsed and so did he. I really hope it is more of a slump for him, rather than an attitude change caused by the rest of the team.

Guys, this team sucks so much I can't even complain about them properly. I will not give up until we are mathematically eliminated, but I am ashamed of how we are playing baseball right now and really hope to see some sigh of life very very soon or September will be one of the roughest months I have been through in a while.

I'm optimistic, but I don't live in fantasy land. :)

Soxman219
08-30-2009, 03:07 PM
the White Sox are just CRAZY BAD right now .. wow .. Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” .. call me crazy but i'm predicting a sweep over the Twins .....

You know what, that might actually happen. Might as well take the Twinks out of the playoffs.

SoxGirl4Life
08-30-2009, 03:08 PM
We looked at this road trip since the beginning of the season as a make or break trip for the Sox. It's obvious we f'd it up. This team has no heart period. Why can't we play the Yankees and Red Sox in the first half of the season next year?:(:

They're big money series for the Sox at least. They want good weather, kids out of school, etc.

Soxman219
08-30-2009, 03:11 PM
They're big money series for the Sox at least. They want good weather, kids out of school, etc.

Can't we play them in June? Why can't we go play the Red Sox at Fenway in May? Everytime we play the Red Sox or Yankees it's always in the second half late in the season and usually it's bad.:(:

Noneck
08-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Can't we play them in June? Why can't we go play the Red Sox at Fenway in May? Everytime we play the Red Sox or Yankees it's always in the second half late in the season and usually it's bad.:(:

The way they have been playing it really doesnt matter who they play now.

Soxman219
08-30-2009, 03:13 PM
The way they have been playing it really doesnt matter who they play now.

I know.:(:

guillensdisciple
08-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Since I am looking for some kind of hope, I will say that maybe this season might be salvaged upon the return of Peavy.

If not, then that is it, this team will fall down a well 12142 feet deep.

SoxGirl4Life
08-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Since I am looking for some kind of hope, I will say that maybe this season might be salvaged upon the return of Peavy.

If not, then that is it, this team will fall down a well 12142 feet deep.

I don't want to bring Peavy back for this crap. Why risk a more serious injury?

soxfandy
08-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Man, pretty soon the Indians are going to pass us in the division race. They cleaned house and are playing way better baseball than we are.

guillensdisciple
I don't want to bring Peavy back for this crap. Why risk a more serious injury?

I don't think he has throwing problems with the elbow, just lingering pain from the shot that hit him. If it was something like a ligament issue, or an actual bone problem then I would not risk anything, but if it is just bruising then why not?

Just looking for something, trust me, it is so hard to find something to look forward to with this team right now that I am literally latching on to anything that sounds remotely optimistic.

Brian26

Noticed it. Probably wasn't appropriate to celebrate, just as Hawk's "Put it on the Board" was uttered rather reluctantly.

hi im skot
08-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Somewhat off-topic, Joe Cowley is still a ****ing tool.

guillensdisciple
08-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Somewhat off-topic, Joe Cowley is still a ****ing tool.

Por Que?

Noneck
08-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Noticed it. Probably wasn't appropriate to celebrate, just as Hawk's "Put it on the Board" was uttered rather reluctantly.

Totally agree, A celebration would have curdled my stomach.

hi im skot
08-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Por Que?

Check out his Twitter (http://twitter.com/cst_sox).

WhiteSox1989
08-30-2009, 03:27 PM
I hate him. I use to have it sent to my phone, but I don't any more.

MarkZ35
08-30-2009, 03:28 PM
The title says it all. Almost everytime the media brings up a big series or trip the team completely craps their pants. I don't blame that for the team sucking but this team needs to stop reading the paper.

guillensdisciple
08-30-2009, 03:29 PM

Oy.

tacosalbarojas
08-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Noticed it. Probably wasn't appropriate to celebrate, just as Hawk's "Put it on the Board" was uttered rather reluctantly.The saddest "put it on the board" ever to emit from Hawk's mouth.

Tragg
08-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Once again, in a 1 run game, we get the organizational minor leaguer, who is, when at peak form, a situational lefty in the majors. He got killed the other night, so Ozzie goes back for more?

Is there any end to the love for terrible veterans?

Brian26
08-30-2009, 03:39 PM
The saddest "put it on the board" ever to emit from Hawk's mouth.

It was definitely subdued.

Dan H
08-30-2009, 03:52 PM
I didn't watch the game, but watched its progress on the internet. Once I saw they were still down going into the bottom of the seventh, I knew the game was over.

It's useless to get angry at this point. The suspense of this season is over.

What will make me angry is a lack of activity in the off season. This team is deeply flawed. And I am not going to hear anything about budgets.

tstrike2000
08-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Randy Williams...check. Next....

WhiteSox5187
08-30-2009, 03:56 PM
I can honestly say that I just don't care any more. I don't think anyone on this team does either.

BleacherBandit
08-30-2009, 03:57 PM
At this point, there's no use in rushing Peavy. Let him start when he's more than 100%. Next year we need a shot.

It's Time
08-30-2009, 03:58 PM
I wasn't expecting a celebration after Dye's HR, but when you hit one, even in a rout, you always get the quick fist bump or low key high five. The two of them didn't even look at each other.

tstrike2000
08-30-2009, 04:01 PM
At least salvage one game in the Hefty Cinch Dome boys.

Lip Man 1
08-30-2009, 04:06 PM
There's no shame in losing say to the Yankees. The shame is the WAY they are losing...lifeless, gutless, nonchalantly. This team is done... this season is over.

I remember reading back in May some fans writing that unless the Sox had built up a good cushion before this 'road trip from hell,' it would kill them. Those fans were apparently correct.

This is where all those losses to garbage teams like Kansas City, Baltimore, Oakland and Cleveland REALLY come back to bite you on the rear end. That's where the Sox could have gotten their cushion.

You just wonder what Kenny is thinking and how he is trying to keep his composure!

Lip

soxfanreggie
08-30-2009, 04:14 PM
After this game, the first words out of my mouth, "Well, I won't be able to see Peavy on the mound for the Sox until pitchers and catchers report."

For those wanting to get rid of all three Thome, Dye, and Konerko, two of them may not be back, that's up to Kenny. However, Konerko has a contract for next season, and I doubt we'll get even peanuts in return for a .278 hitters with 23 homers, 24 doubles, and 76 RBIs. He also has the 2nd highest OBP on the team besides Thome, but he has about half the K's. I know we want more production out of him, but I don't want to give him up for nothing.

kravdog
08-30-2009, 04:16 PM
stick a fork in 'em

fuzzy_patters
08-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Bill Melton was right on the post game show. This is 2007 all over again. It just started later this year. We can't hit consistently and our bullpen is atrocious. I have seen this song and dance before. I guess we can always hope that one of the September call ups can catch fire out of the bullpen. Otherwise, it looks like we're done.

GoGoCrede
08-30-2009, 04:22 PM

Next year. Peace

:o::o::o: YOU, SG4L? I gotta say, I've always felt you were my fellow optimist, but I agree with everything you've said here. I'll keep watching the games and even go to a few out of pure love for the team, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too much.

Just an ugly, ugly series.

GoGoCrede
08-30-2009, 04:27 PM
I hate him. I use to have it sent to my phone, but I don't any more.

Got tired of his passive-aggressive remarks about Reifert, did you? :redneck

LITTLE NELL
08-30-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm very dissapointed with the veterans on this team, Paulie, Thome, Dye, Buehrle, Linestink, and even Jenks have let this team down. KW has to take some blame with giving us Contreras and Colon as 4th and 5th starters. Rios has not impressed either. TCQ gets a pass due to his injuries, lets hope he comes back next year as the 08 Carlos. Alexei needs to get his head on straight.
I'm sure KW will tweak this team next year and I see us winning the division with the starting 4 leading the way.

JB98
08-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Freddy Garcia is going to be one of the September storylines to follow. He's posted back-to-back quality starts against two of the best lineups in baseball on this trip. He has five -- maybe six -- more starts to make before the season is over. Can Garcia pitch well enough to earn the fifth and final spot in the 2010 Sox rotation? That's something for Sox fans to watch down the stretch, regardless of what takes place in the standings.

New Yankee Stadium has the reputation as a launching pad. Yet the Sox managed just five runs in a three-game series and hit only one home run, that an inconsequential blast by Dye with two outs in the top of the ninth today. You are going to win any games with so little production.

The bullpen is a travesty right now. It doesn't matter who Guillen calls upon. They are all bad. The poor performance by the bullpen has approached 2007 levels on this trip.

BadBobbyJenks
08-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Just a bad team and the season has come to an end.

Over By There
08-30-2009, 04:43 PM
I've been trying to keep the faith, but it's awfully hard after the past several days.

Jurr
08-30-2009, 05:00 PM

I love the signature regarding the Cy Young candidates that gave shut down this all-or-nothing, steroid era relic of an offense.

My stress level has gone down so much since I emotionally let go of this team. They weren't much above .500 all year. Going into the season you had the same offensive philosophy (which got incredibly lucky to even make the postseason), but a year older.

Two of the three slugs in the middle of the lineup will be gone. I hope Thome rots in KC next year. To pay a man so much money to not hit lefties or play a position is ludicrous.

Good trades were made. We have some good young players. This enema is almost complete.

JB98
08-30-2009, 05:03 PM

You need to add Sergio Mitre to your list of Cy Young contenders.

BadBobbyJenks
08-30-2009, 05:06 PM

Yeah I was out all weekend, thankfully we did not get perfectoed.

Woofer
08-30-2009, 05:06 PM
This has been a rough season for me. I will be happy with a team that shows up in September, though I feel like the team has given up. I've seen this before, the team will stink for the next couple of weeks, and then turn it on at the end once they are way too out of it too feel any pressure. They will end up 3 or 4 games out, after falling 9 or 10 out. Mark my words.

SOXSINCE'70
08-30-2009, 05:09 PM

Don't forget Brett Cecil and Robert Ray of the Jays.
Jeez,the Sox made them look like Cy Young candidates
at SkyDome.And now to the MetroDump.

I can't watch. The bloodshed will make me vomit.:puking:

BadBobbyJenks
08-30-2009, 05:09 PM
I love the signature regarding the Cy Young candidates that gave shut down this all-or-nothing, steroid era relic of an offense.

Make that 17 absolute clowns that have made us look foolish.

JB98
08-30-2009, 05:13 PM
This has been a rough season for me. I will be happy with a team that shows up in September, though I feel like the team has given up. I've seen this before, the team will stink for the next couple of weeks, and then turn it on at the end once they are way too out of it too feel any pressure. They will end up 3 or 4 games out, after falling 9 or 10 out. Mark my words.

I agree. Water always finds its level and this is a .500 club, give or take a game or two. Once they fall six or seven games below .500, all the pressure will come off and they'll make a meaningless push back to respectability in the final couple weeks.

Over By There
08-30-2009, 05:16 PM
ESPN headline says "Teixeira hits 101 RBIs as Yanks finish sweep." I understand what they are saying, but I had to read it twice. I think 101 RBI in a single game would be a record.

JB98
08-30-2009, 05:18 PM
ESPN headline says "Teixeira hits 101 RBIs as Yanks finish sweep." I understand what they are saying, but I had to read it twice. I think 101 RBI in a single game would be a record.

If the Sox leave Linebrink in long enough, maybe Teixeira could get 101 RBIs in one game. :D:

BadBobbyJenks
08-30-2009, 05:20 PM

Haha, one of my favorite Kenny Mayne sayings, not in this game that would be a record.

Martinigirl
08-30-2009, 05:23 PM
The only bright side to this cluster **** of a road trip is that now I have no doubt that I don't need to pay my playoff invoice.

Beyond that it is totally depressing and infuriating.

Lip Man 1
08-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Bad Bobby:

You forgot R.A. Dickey, Brett Anderson and David Huff.

Lip

BadBobbyJenks
08-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Bad Bobby:

You forgot R.A. Dickey, Brett Anderson and David Huff.

Lip

I think Brett Anderson is actually a pretty good starter and Huff has an 8 era vs the Sox this year.

tsoxman
08-30-2009, 05:37 PM

Cowley not much he is saying I disagree wtih.

Do you want a beat writer who is a cheerleader or tells it like it is?

tstrike2000
08-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Don't forget Brett Cecil and Robert Ray of the Jays.
Jeez,the Sox made them look like Cy Young candidates
at SkyDome.And now to the MetroDump.

I can't watch. The bloodshed will make me vomit.:puking:
Too bad we're not playing Toronto again to face another one of their young pitchers, Marc Rzepczynski. At least when we lose I'd get some fantasy points out of it.

tstrike2000
08-30-2009, 05:42 PM
If the Sox leave Linebrink in long enough, maybe Teixeira could get 101 RBIs in one game. :D:

And if we put Linestink in during the next series, Morneau will garbage bag his way to 100 rbi and Mauer into the mid 80 rbi range.

DrCrawdad
08-30-2009, 05:55 PM
And if we put Linestink in during the next series, Morneau will garbage bag his way to 100 rbi and Mauer into the mid 80 rbi range.

I didn't watch today's game, couldn't stomach it. Just read the box score and the "play by play" and I see that 4 runs scored while LineStink was on the mound. Can the Sox please just release LineStink already?

I don't boo Sox players, but LineStink might compel me to start.

twinsuck
08-30-2009, 06:35 PM
I just hope they can finish the season at .500. It's embarrassing to finish the season with a losing record.

1908<2005
08-30-2009, 06:39 PM
So glad you guys are finally realizing what a horrible pick-up Alex Rios was. He belongs on the North Side with all their overpaid OF's.

SoxGirl4Life
08-30-2009, 06:49 PM
So glad you guys are finally realizing what a horrible pick-up Alex Rios was. He belongs on the North Side with all their overpaid OF's.

Why does it seem that most of your posts have some reference to the cubs? :scratch: Maybe I'm imagining things

chisoxfanatic
08-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Why does it seem that most of your posts have some reference to the cubs? :scratch: Maybe I'm imagining things
It's not just you. And he claims to not care about the Cubs. Hmmmm! :scratch:

I'm kinda glad I couldn't watch this one and listened to this new mix I burned for myself in the car instead of listening to the radio broadcast.

SoxGirl4Life
08-30-2009, 06:59 PM
:o::o::o: YOU, SG4L? I gotta say, I've always felt you were my fellow optimist, but I agree with everything you've said here. I'll keep watching the games and even go to a few out of pure love for the team, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too much.

Just an ugly, ugly series.

:grouphug: A girl can only take so much

SoxGirl4Life
08-30-2009, 06:59 PM
It's not just you. And he claims to not care about the Cubs. Hmmmm! :scratch:

I'm kinda glad I couldn't watch this one and listened to this new mix I burned for myself in the car instead of listening to the radio broadcast.

I've been trying to stay away from the games too. So painful

DumpJerry
08-30-2009, 07:00 PM
You do realize he did not play today? I fail to see why this was posted in this thread.:?:

kitekrazy
08-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Two of the three slugs in the middle of the lineup will be gone. I hope Thome rots in KC next year. To pay a man so much money to not hit lefties or play a position is ludicrous.

I was baffled by this when they wanted to cut payroll and they picked up his option. Once again the Sox over value the DH. That's one of the biggest reason I want the DH out of baseball.

kitekrazy
08-30-2009, 07:06 PM

Well both Chicago teams mirror each other. Poor bullpen, same type of hitting, poor defense.

Frater Perdurabo
08-30-2009, 07:07 PM
I was baffled by this when they wanted to cut payroll and they picked up his option. Once again the Sox over value the DH. That's one of the biggest reason I want the DH out of baseball.

IIRC, his option was automatically triggered last year when he had a certain number of plate appearances. The only way for the Sox to avoid that would have been for them to bench him, which would be both classless and stupid, since they were in a pennant race that went 163 games.

kitekrazy
08-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Well just to make everyone feel better. A guy for the Twins is making his first start.

DumpJerry
08-30-2009, 07:11 PM

IIRC, his option was automatically triggered last year when he had a certain number of plate appearances. The only way for the Sox to avoid that would have been for them to bench him, which would be both classless and stupid, since they were in a pennant race that went 163 games.
Frater is correct, it was an automatic option based on plate appearances. This contract was the one Thome negotiated with the Phillies, so don't yell at Kenny for it. The Phils also sent over a boatload of money with Thome.

ndgt10
08-30-2009, 07:19 PM
Rios has been struggling mightily but I think you'll see him bounce back and hit .270-.275 with 15-20 homers and 65-70 RBI's next year.

Patrick134
08-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Rios has been struggling mightily but I think you'll see him bounce back and hit .270-.275 with 15-20 homers and 65-70 RBI's next year.

Amen. He's a guy that will hit far more doubles than homers(like Beckham), which will be a refreshing change of pace from our "sluggers".

Waysouthsider
08-30-2009, 08:22 PM
I'd like to think the team could be good enough that it wouldn't matter when we play in Boston and NY! It is ironic that we played Toronto, NY, and Boston all at times when they were incredibly hot...remember how well the Jays were playing in the Spring? Bad luck, I guess...The Red Sox were off track to until just before we showed up!

On Rios, I can't imagine what its been like for him to land in the middle of this mess...there seems to be some really nasty chemistry going on....Dye's head got all wacked out during the contract extension a few years ago, for example, wonder what he's thinking now?

ShoelessJoeS
08-30-2009, 09:14 PM
I thought Pods had another good game, going 3-4.

slavko
08-30-2009, 09:16 PM

Speaking of 163, he was slightly useful in that game. Anyway, we are classy and smart.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Mark me down as one of the "I'm not giving up until we're statistically out of it" people. I still think the Sox will pull it out.

hi im skot
08-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Cowley not much he is saying I disagree wtih.

Do you want a beat writer who is a cheerleader or tells it like it is?

He can tell it like it is without being a passive aggressive douchebag.

His goal is to start ****, and as a beat writer, it makes little to no sense. It's amazing players still do interviews with him.

hawkjt
08-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Mark me down as one of the "I'm not giving up until we're statistically out of it" people. I still think the Sox will pull it out.

So you are the other one. The Sox cannot be this bad. I refuse to believe it. JD is starting to hit to right field this last weekend...he should heat up this week. Pods is hot. PK is coming back a bit. Win tomorrow, get flow going again, and hang in...Rays need to help us with the tigers..get it back to 3-4 by the end of the week, then keep it at 3 or less going into the last 4 series. I just want the last tiger and twin home series to still mean something.

guillensdisciple
08-31-2009, 12:31 AM

So you are the other one. The Sox cannot be this bad. I refuse to believe it. JD is starting to hit to right field this last weekend...he should heat up this week. Pods is hot. PK is coming back a bit. Win tomorrow, get flow going again, and hang in...Rays need to help us with the tigers..get it back to 3-4 by the end of the week, then keep it at 3 or less going into the last 4 series. I just want the last tiger and twin home series to still mean something.

I am bipolar with this- after they lose the world has ended, but after a couple of hours I have hope.

So, I will choose to go with you guys and bullieve that the White Sox will come back and win this thing.

ClawsDeep
08-31-2009, 01:14 AM
Before worrying about any playoff races and how many games out they are, the sox should try to get above 500. Although the division is not very good, I dont thing a sub 500 record will be representing the AL Central in the playoffs, and it is safe to assume that the sox have the hardest remaining schedule out of the three teams.

The only team the twins play above 500 the rest of the season are the Tigers. The Tigers only play 4 more games against the rays for the only opponent with a 500 or better record.

On the other hand the sox have anahiem and the red sox, and 6 against the Tigers.

I think the better question is whether the sox will finish above 500 or not on the season, and I would say no.

veeter
08-31-2009, 09:13 AM
Freddy Garcia is going to be one of the September storylines to follow. He's posted back-to-back quality starts against two of the best lineups in baseball on this trip. He has five -- maybe six -- more starts to make before the season is over. Can Garcia pitch well enough to earn the fifth and final spot in the 2010 Sox rotation? That's something for Sox fans to watch down the stretch, regardless of what takes place in the standings.

New Yankee Stadium has the reputation as a launching pad. Yet the Sox managed just five runs in a three-game series and hit only one home run, that an inconsequential blast by Dye with two outs in the top of the ninth today. You are going to win any games with so little production.

The bullpen is a travesty right now. It doesn't matter who Guillen calls upon. They are all bad. The poor performance by the bullpen has approached 2007 levels on this trip.I agree. A rotation of Peavy, Buehrle, Floyd, Danks and Freddy is VERY good. Freddy fears nothing and is the type of guy this team needs.

veeter
08-31-2009, 09:19 AM
I wasn't expecting a celebration after Dye's HR, but when you hit one, even in a rout, you always get the quick fist bump or low key high five. The two of them didn't even look at each other.They may have been teammates in Oakland, so possible history? Otherwise, I think Jermaine, a usually great guy, since the Rios pick-up, has been an ass. He's pouted and nose dived. He hasn't liked the way his contract has been handled in the past, the trade to the Reds rumors, and now Rios. I think there's DEFINITELY a bad clubhouse going on right now. And for the Sox that seems rare. Good or bad, the team usually seems to be tight. Not right now.

veeter
08-31-2009, 09:23 AM
He can tell it like it is without being a passive aggressive douchebag.

His goal is to start ****, and as a beat writer, it makes little to no sense. It's amazing players still do interviews with him.I totally agree. I'm surprised he hasn't been roughed up a little bit. He writes for a tabloid and lives the part too. Complete loser.

tacosalbarojas
08-31-2009, 12:26 PM
They may have been teammates in Oakland, so possible history? Otherwise, I think Jermaine, a usually great guy, since the Rios pick-up, has been an ass. He's pouted and nose dived. He hasn't liked the way his contract has been handled in the past, the trade to the Reds rumors, and now Rios. I think there's DEFINITELY a bad clubhouse going on right now. And for the Sox that seems rare. Good or bad, the team usually seems to be tight. Not right now.
I thought about that as a possibility as well. Not sure if they were there at the same time though. I noticed earlier on that Kotsay was sharing a laugh with Jeter at the first sack, kind of odd when you juxtapose it that way as well.