PDA

View Full Version : call it what you want to


oldcomiskey
06-07-2002, 11:09 PM
I dont care what anybody calls me---if any of you people think that is team will finish above 500----then you are Chuck Tanner.... folks----I dont care---mark my words--this club will not make the playoffs in 2002---GOD I hope Im wrong......

jklm
06-07-2002, 11:16 PM
5 games back...

Yes, the sky is not falling BUT we see the same mistakes (base-running, situational hitting, bench coaching, bad trades/signing) again and again (even in 2000)... Is anyone accountable?

WinningUgly!
06-07-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I dont care what anybody calls me---if any of you people think that is team will finish above 500----then you are Chuck Tanner.... folks----I dont care---mark my words--this club will not make the playoffs in 2002---GOD I hope Im wrong......

I have to agree that this team is done. However, I do believe that if a few of the right moves are made, it could still happen.

jklm
06-07-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!


I have to agree that this team is done. However, I do believe that if a few of the right moves are made, it could still happen.

So we have to trust :KW to make the right decision... Do we have another choice?? (no pun intended!)

delben91
06-07-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!


I do believe that if a few of the right moves are made, it could still happen.

Moves to be made:

1) ditch carlos
2) see 1

duke of dorwood
06-07-2002, 11:25 PM
Every day the moves are not made, delays the adjustment period when the new players are added, and delays any improvement those moves will make.

WinningUgly!
06-07-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by jklm


So we have to trust :KW to make the right decision... Do we have another choice?? (no pun intended!)

Is it time for the "Bring back Schueler" campaign? :)

duke of dorwood
06-07-2002, 11:26 PM
Also, we are now as close to KC as we are to Minnesota

Jerry_Manuel
06-07-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by jklm
Is anyone accountable?

If someone were to speak out against the organization, yes. Since, Nardi and such don't say anything, no.


Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I have to agree that this team is done. However, I do believe that if a few of the right moves are made, it could still happen.

Said it in March, Minnesota does everything we don't. The right moves in my world is getting Crede and Harris up here. Perhaps Crede will happen, but that's a stretch.

Jerry_Manuel
06-07-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Is it time for the "Bring back Schueler" campaign? :)

Can we just bring back his box of smokes? :D:

WinningUgly!
06-07-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Can we just bring back his box of smokes? :D:

If that will help. :D:

Jerry_Manuel
06-07-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
If that will help. :D:

It will, like in "Major League 2", when Pedro has cigs in Joebu's mouth. :smile:

(Yes, I know I spelled the name wrong)