PDA

View Full Version : The Release/Trade Carlos Lee Campaign


CerberusWG
06-07-2002, 11:09 PM
State your loyalty right here!

Don't tell me to shutup, I wouldn't have been picked off at third, hell a Blind guy would have had enough common sense to stay near the bag. Carlos sucks on the field, at the plate, and on the bases.

Get rid of him now, he's a waste of a god damn roster spot.

MattSharp
06-07-2002, 11:09 PM
I totally agree. Although my choice is just to send him down for a while.....

WinningUgly!
06-07-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
State your loyalty right here!

Don't tell me to shutup, I wouldn't have been picked off at third, hell a Blind guy would have had enough common sense to stay near the bag. Carlos sucks on the field, at the plate, and on the bases.

Get rid of him now, he's a waste of a god damn roster spot.

I can't see how anyone could possibly disagree with this post.

Mathew
06-07-2002, 11:12 PM
I've been defending him for a while based on how Leifer and Rowand would not make us a better team. But luckily I didn't see the game tonight.

duke of dorwood
06-07-2002, 11:15 PM
He Stinks

WinningUgly!
06-07-2002, 11:16 PM
Carlos Lee = Russell Branyon

Came up tagged as a great hitting, 3rd base prospect...couldn't cut it at 3rd...moved to OF...became a butcher OFer...& now so much for that hitting ability. At least the Tribe had sense enought to unload Russ Branyon.

danman31
06-07-2002, 11:16 PM
I stated in the offseason that we should trade Carlos. It looks like we are stuck with him because nobody would want him. It's a damn shame we didn't actually trade him.

RedPinStripes
06-07-2002, 11:17 PM
I'm with ya. I haven't been calling him dumbass caballo for a year for nothing. notice how he was taking a lead in foul territiry like should have been but slides into the base trying to get back in fair territory? Real F-in smart. he could have just ran into the glove and made it easier. That would be too much to ask of dumbass caballo. Sliding away from the tag in a situation he never should have been in might have saved him there.

He can't bunt, run bases, hit, or play D. Where are all the Lee backers? Wwhat tallant does he have? Rowand can better then Lee.

delben91
06-07-2002, 11:18 PM
Bye bye carlos. I'm trying to think of someone else on the roster than I can picture getting picked off there like carlos. All I can come up with is Royce, but that's just because it would give me more material to pull for crede's arrival :smile: So yeah, see ya caballo

FanOf14
06-07-2002, 11:26 PM
I thought Clayton was a waste of space and skin, but CLee has beaten him out for that honor. I freaking sick to death of this whole team, their lack of heart, their idiotic baserunning (or in the case of the first inning, the lack there of), screw them.

oldcomiskey
06-07-2002, 11:31 PM
to blame C Lee alone is wrong---there are alot of culprits to look at----the whole offense during he week long losing streak for example.... the two I want out of town more than Lee are Clayton(theres no surprise there) and Howry---at least Lee would bring something good in a trade--I wnder what the Expos would want for Guerrero----or maybe trade for a good starter and use Lee---Rowand is ready now----so is Leifer-----Ramon Ortiz could have been here..... maybe we ought to trade Durham if we aint gonna re-sign him... I would hate to lose Ray---but.......Id rather do that than get nothing in return......it is obvious to Me that the team would rather hit HRs than win... Frank in the 4th inning is a good example....a base hit there scores a run-----of course if Lee dont get picked off 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!......or if we had figured out Armas earlier than Lees baserunning dont matter

PaleHoseGeorge
06-07-2002, 11:31 PM
He's playing scared. There is no hope for him right now.

He's playing like he knows he is in trouble. He's right.

CerberusWG
06-07-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
He's playing scared. There is no hope for him right now.

He's playing like he knows he is in trouble. He's right.

Need to change the sig PHG.


2002 Sox. Find a way to lose, baby.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-07-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG


Need to change the sig PHG.


2002 Sox. Find a way to lose, baby.

LMAO!!! I might have to do that!

:caballo
"Don't go to the trouble on my account, PHG."

MarkEdward
06-08-2002, 12:18 AM
Send him down to Charlotte. He's only 26, so his career could be saved. He's just not a major league caliber player now. He has to learn how to take a walk, and keep his head in the game. Call up Crede, platoon Leifer and Rowand in left field.

Viva Magglio
06-08-2002, 12:54 AM
Julie Swieca said after the game that Lee actually giggled in the dugout after he got picked off. For those of you who watched on TV, is this true?

PaleHoseGeorge
06-08-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Julie Swieca said after the game that Lee actually giggled in the dugout after he got picked off. For those of you who watched on TV, is this true?

I saw nothing of the kind. I was only surprised Lee didn't immediately retreat to the clubhouse. Instead he took a seat in the dugout. Antonio Osuna was sitting next to him.

Lee either has big balls or no brains.

WinningUgly!
06-08-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


I saw nothing of the kind. I was only surprised Lee didn't immediately retreat to the clubhouse. Instead he took a seat in the dugout. Antonio Osuna was sitting next to him.

Lee either has big balls or no brains.

I don't know about the balls, but he left whatever brains he has at home tonight.

Iguana775
06-08-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Julie Swieca said after the game that Lee actually giggled in the dugout after he got picked off. For those of you who watched on TV, is this true?

if this is true, he has no business being on this team. NO HEART WHAT SO EVER!!!!

bc2k
06-08-2002, 03:24 AM
On ESPN the anchor said something like, "You have to at least make contact when the squeeze is on." Maybe it wasn't Carlos' fault after all.

We hear all this slamming of Manuel but what a fine run and hit call in the ninth. That put the tying run on third with one out. Although I guess he didn't necessarily call for it.

RedPinStripes
06-08-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
On ESPN the anchor said something like, "You have to at least make contact when the squeeze is on." Maybe it wasn't Carlos' fault after all.

We hear all this slamming of Manuel but what a fine run and hit call in the ninth. That put the tying run on third with one out. Although I guess he didn't necessarily call for it.

You're not trying to defend him are you?

oldcomiskey
06-08-2002, 08:01 AM
I dont think he was giggling---I though he was shocked that barrett even threw the ball down there

alohafri
06-08-2002, 08:26 AM
I don't think the Butcher was giggling, but I could have sworn that Manuel was asleep in the dugout. I haven't seen that since the days of "Sleepy" Gene Lamont!

:jerry I want to star in the Gene Lamont Story.

alohafri
06-08-2002, 08:28 AM
Oh, and by the way, Lee is a butcher who has worn out his welcome. Get rid of this stiff now! Trade him to the Expos for a bag of balls. Maybe when the Expos get contracted, he will go with them...and we will still have the bag!

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-08-2002, 10:44 AM
I want CLee traded months ago, but i also think that JM was a dumbass for leaving Lee on the bases. Bottom of 9th, tying run on third, you dont keep a slow guy there. JM should of put in Clatyon (GASP!) or Rowand to run for him. they would have made it back.

Viva Magglio
06-08-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


I saw nothing of the kind. I was only surprised Lee didn't immediately retreat to the clubhouse. Instead he took a seat in the dugout. Antonio Osuna was sitting next to him.

Lee either has big balls or no brains.

Maybe I was listening to my imaginary radio, then? I'll check with Julie when she does her show tomorrow morning.