PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8-29 "Why isn't Contreras on waivers yet?" Postgame Thread

soxinem1
08-29-2009, 02:49 PM
He really needs to go, it is just getting worse and worse with Jose.

GoGoCrede
08-29-2009, 02:52 PM
What is left to say? I'm flabbergasted.

whitesoxfan
08-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Jose sucks and so does the offense.

They've quit and that's pretty disheartening.

Konerko05
0--1--3
10-14-0

Embarrassment to baseball.

johnnyg83
Cyrgio Mitre

kittle42
08-29-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm so looking forward to submitting my "postseason" payment on 9/2!

Rockabilly
season is over with. :-(

kittle42
0--1--3
10-14-0

Embarrassment to baseball.

I say, 3-0, success!

Konerko05
Is this going to get worse?

gogosox16
let's blow every game for now on for the rest of the year, so we get a better draft pick and hopefully get another gordan beckham who can be up sometime in mid 2011.

soxinem1
08-29-2009, 02:56 PM
11 shutouts. Wow.

Nice effort against Sty-Mitre, even though Contreras took us out of it very early on.

soltrain21
08-29-2009, 02:57 PM
This team both sucks and blows.

johnny bench
The White Sox did not show up for this game; it was a forfeit, not a loss.

SoxSpeed22
Bah.

gobears1987
I was upset that I wasn't going to see this game, but after looking at the box score, I'm glad I did. Doing manual labor for six hours beats this.

Brian26
Just came in from doing four hours of yardwork and trimming all the bushes and hedges. I see the Sox now have one more hit on the season than when I started this morning.

:clap:

SoxGirl4Life
08-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Can't we just rename this thread "We Suck" and be done with it?

SoxGirl4Life
08-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Just came in from doing four hours of yardwork and trimming all the bushes and hedges. I see the Sox now have one more hit on the season than when I started this morning.

Don't forget those 3 errors we collected. Really, that one play was a thing of beauty. I actually laughed out loud and waited for the keystone cops music.

Woofer
08-29-2009, 02:59 PM
If I'm Kenny, it's table flipping time.

Noneck
08-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Having interest through meteorological summer hasn't happened that many times in my lifetime. I am not happy but I am satisfied.

GoGoCrede
If I'm Kenny, it's table flipping time.

His feathers must be ruffled beyond belief.

soltrain21
And who cares if Jose is on waivers yet or not? Whether or not he gives up one run or eight runs doesn't mean anything when your offense has a worse approach at the plate than the kids in the Little League World Series.

Brian26
08-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Blow it up 2004-style.

Rockabilly
08-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Contreras thank you for the 05 season. I hope this was the last time I see you in a Sox uniform

October26
08-29-2009, 03:02 PM
We all knew this was going to be a tough stretch of games on the schedule but I never imagined that the Sox would play so poorly. This hurts.

GoGoCrede
08-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Blow it up 2004-style.

Your sig just depresses me. 1-5?! I predicted 8-3 as well.

WhiteSox1989
08-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Bad starting pitching, but also NO OFFENSE. I was at the gym, and when I came out to check my phone ESPN's front page was Mitre being perfect through four.

I'm just happy Thome got that hit.

ode to veeck
08-29-2009, 03:04 PM

You should have cleaned the gutters while you were at it

soltrain21
08-29-2009, 03:08 PM
I made this point to my brother. I like Kenny, and I think he makes a lot of VERY smart moves. But he should have gotten starting pitching before it was too late. I don't see HOW he thought Colon and Contreras would both last, let alone one.

****. I would have taken Paul Byrd.

GoGoCrede
08-29-2009, 03:09 PM
I made this point to my brother. I like Kenny, and I think he makes a lot of VERY smart moves. But he should have gotten starting pitching before it was too late. I don't see HOW he thought Colon and Contreras would both last, let alone one.

Edit: I disagree strongly with the rest of your post.

I think he was hoping he'd catch lightning in a bottle with those two. And Richard. It didn't happen. Oh, well. Lots of culprits in this season.

AzureJazzMan
08-29-2009, 03:10 PM
His feathers must be ruffled beyond belief.

He's gotta be molting by now.

mccoydp
08-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Too bad I missed this one. Geez. Are they even trying any more?

ChiSoxGirl
08-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Don't forget those 3 errors we collected. Really, that one play was a thing of beauty. I actually laughed out loud and waited for the keystone cops music.

Hawk said we're the only team in the major to have reached TRIPLE digits in errors... and there are still 31 games to go!!!! :o: :angry:

LITTLE NELL
08-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Watching these guys right now is worse than root canal.
It IS a road trip from hell.

Tragg
08-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Don't forget those 3 errors we collected. Really, that one play was a thing of beauty. I actually laughed out loud and waited for the keystone cops music.But this sure seems like the most error-prone Sox team in a decade.

chisoxfanatic
08-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Watching these guys right now is worse than root canal.
It IS a road trip from hell.
Root canals aren't that bad, though! I had one about 10 years ago.

Lip Man 1
08-29-2009, 03:22 PM
More errors than hits...and with Mitre pitching. WOW.

As far as Contreras remember what the wise man once said, "we have no other options..." LOL

It's over. All that remains is playing out the string.

Kenny was in New York for that, I wonder what he's thinking.

Lip

Craig Grebeck
08-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Jose is undoubtedly on waivers. He just won't be claimed.

ClawsDeep
08-29-2009, 03:26 PM
sergio mitre is the truth

goon
08-29-2009, 03:27 PM
1 hit.

Noneck
08-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Jose is undoubtedly on waivers. He just won't be claimed.

Hes probably been on the waiver wire for a couple years.

ohthosechisox
08-29-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm glad I didn't watch.

Dick Allen
08-29-2009, 03:31 PM
As I mentioned in the game thread, I'm not upset about how Jose pitched, since I think most of us expected that. But to get shutout on one hit by Sergio Mitre is unforgivable. I didn't think the offense could fall any lower, but they keep proving me wrong. Jose would have had to pitch a shutout just to assure us of an extra-inning loss.

roylestillman
08-29-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm 52 and I can not remember a worse loss. There have been blown leads, blow outs, and heartbreakers, but I never remember entering a game with a broken pitcher, giving up ten runs getting only one hit against a 15.00+ ERA pitcher and then, well what the heck, make 3 errors.

We just talked ourselves into blowing this road trip.

WhiteSox5187
08-29-2009, 03:45 PM
If the Sox have stopped caring why should I?

kitekrazy
08-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Maybe this team is not good enough. That is if you were set on winning a World Series.

This team never seems to run out of dumb ball players. I'm surprised Soriano wasn't a White Sox by now.

Jerome
08-29-2009, 03:49 PM
some guy on the post game called him Sergio Koufax lol

thechico
08-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Jose sucks and so does the offense.

The offense didn't commit 3 errors and give up 10 runs today. Did all of our D go out the door with Crede? Sigh.

Hitmen77
08-29-2009, 03:56 PM
The fact that the Sox had to even start Jose today after publicly announcing he was finished as a starter says volumes about how mediocre this team is.

This season is OVAH! Danks and Floyd can't carry the pitching all by themselves and the offense has given up.

Almost time to bring up some minor leaguers on Sept. 1 and audition them for possible roster spots in 2010.

:whiteflag:

GoGoCrede
08-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Some epic comments from Ozzie, per Gonzales' Twitter:

Guillen: "I'm embarassed (sic), and everyone in that room should be embarassed. If they're not embarassed, they got the wrong job. They're stealing money from baseball. I feel like I'm stealing the money from Jerry (Reinsdorf)."

Warriorjan
08-29-2009, 04:05 PM
So how much is Ozzie giving back to Jerry? How many post-season invoices are now in the shredder?

LITTLE NELL
08-29-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm 52 and I can not remember a worse loss. There have been blown leads, blow outs, and heartbreakers, but I never remember entering a game with a broken pitcher, giving up ten runs getting only one hit against a 15.00+ ERA pitcher and then, well what the heck, make 3 errors.

We just talked ourselves into blowing this road trip.
I still think the 4 game disaster against the BoSox at home back in 07 was the low point in this decade. I witnessed 68, 69, and 70 for the all time low point for me.

whitesoxfan
08-29-2009, 04:12 PM
I still think the 4 game disaster against the BoSox at home back in 07 was the low point in this decade. I witnessed 68, 69, and 70 for the all time low point for me.

The day-night doubleheader against the Twins in 07 was easily the low point for me.

LITTLE NELL
08-29-2009, 04:16 PM

The day-night doubleheader against the Twins in 07 was easily the low point for me.
I was going to mention that also but I'll stay with the BoSox massacre.

infohawk
08-29-2009, 04:16 PM
The Sox keep sending Jose to the bump and keep acting upset when he gives up a ton of runs.

In all seriousness, I really like how KW has been turning over the roster and bringing in younger, more athletic players. With the benefit of hindsight, 2009 will have been a valuable year for the future of this team.

I love the Peavy trade, which will bear some fruit over the next few years. The Sox have a solid, above-average foursome in their rotation that will probably be the class of the division in the coming years, and quite possible one of the top collections of arms in MLB.

I think that 2009 will be seen as having solved the problems at third base and centerfield for years to come. Beckham's going to be special, and I'm still high on Rios. I'll throw in that I think Getz will be a fairly solid contributer at second.

I'd like to see KW address two issues during the offseason. First, finish turning the club over by breaking up the middle of the order and replace one or two of Thome-Konerko-Dye with younger, faster players. Second, recognize that the bullpen is still flawed and, insofar as possible, fix it.

Brian26
08-29-2009, 04:21 PM

Yeah, that's the all-time worst that comes to mind immediately.

Soxfanspcu11
08-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh come on guys! It's just a little bump in the road! We are the best team in the league still! Seriously, if we can just win the next 30 straight games, we will probably get in!!! I, for one am very optimistic that we will do this!

.................................................. .......

But in all seriousness, this sucks something awful. I missed the game today cause I had other stuff going on and I'm glad that I did. What a joke. I know that they had already given up on this season based on the way that they have played on this road trip. Actually, I knew that they had given up on the season when they lost 2 of 3 to Baltimore back here.
So whatever, I really dont know what else to say at this point.

But on a SERIOUS positive note, we do still have 6 left with Detoilet before the season ends so anything could happen. I know its a long shot, but if we can stay within 3-4 games of 1st before we play Detoilet, we at least have a shot. Maybe not much of a shot, but a shot.

And as far as the thought process of,"who cares if we sneak into the playoffs, we're gunna get a beatdown there anyway", that may be the truth but we all know that anything can happen in the playoffs, if you just get yourself in there. I mean, look at STL in 2006 so who knows.

Maybe the Sox will get really hot when they get back from this road trip and they will go on a tear and sweep all 6 from Detoilet and make it in the playoffs and heat up even more and do some damage. Yes I know that the chances are very very slim but stranger things have happened. At least we still have a somewhat realistic chance and we're not in the position of say a Cleveland or KC. Try and stay as positive as possible. I know it's hard but lets just see what happens.

Dibbs
08-29-2009, 04:30 PM
The argument used to be the question of whether this is a good team or an average team. The new argument is whether they are an average team or a bad team.

WSox597
08-29-2009, 04:32 PM
The Sox keep sending Jose to the bump and keep acting upset when he gives up a ton of runs.

In all seriousness, I really like how KW has been turning over the roster and bringing in younger, more athletic players. With the benefit of hindsight, 2009 will have been a valuable year for the future of this team.

I love the Peavy trade, which will bear some fruit over the next few years. The Sox have a solid, above-average foursome in their rotation that will probably be the class of the division in the coming years, and quite possible one of the top collections of arms in MLB.

I think that 2009 will be seen as having solved the problems at third base and centerfield for years to come. Beckham's going to be special, and I'm still high on Rios. I'll throw in that I think Getz will be a fairly solid contributer at second.

I'd like to see KW address two issues during the offseason. First, finish turning the club over by breaking up the middle of the order and replace one or two of Thome-Konerko-Dye with younger, faster players. Second, recognize that the bullpen is still flawed and, insofar as possible, fix it.

Ah, a voice of reason. Thanks for a level-headed post.

This year is probably toast, but next year is promising.

To bring out the crystal ball, Contreras has to be gone, and I don't mean to the bullpen.

Thome gone unless he signs a smaller contract. Maybe even Dye is gone since he's more tradeable than Konerko. Or at least he was until the ASG.

Konerko still has that no trade clause, so unless Arizona comes up with an offer that can't be refused, he's staying. He still plays 1B pretty well.

Can they get rid of Linkbrink, or is his contract an issue? He seems to have lost it, although his last appearance wasn't too bad.

I'm worried about MB, though. He seems to have lost his way. He'll probably snap out of it, but right now it's not looking good.

No need to rush, Jake Peavy. Save it for April.

I have no answer for the bullpen, or the offense issues. I'm speechless. You don't know whether to blame Greg Walker or what.

This has been really ugly, no doubt about it.

WhiteSox1989
08-29-2009, 04:32 PM
I think Cowley said the only thing I have ever agreed with ever.."It's actually sad watching Contreras' career with the Sox end like this."

Why do I have twitter? More importantly, why am I following Nick Swisher?

Get the Yanks tomorrow, and avoid the sweep. Then win the rest of your games. Thanks, boys!

Patrick134
08-29-2009, 04:46 PM
I think Cowley said the only thing I have ever agreed with ever.."It's actually sad watching Contreras' career with the Sox end like this."

Why do I have twitter? More importantly, why am I following Nick Swisher?

Get the Yanks tomorrow, and avoid the sweep. Then win the rest of your games. Thanks, boys!

Yeah , Jose was so instrumental in '05, it's sad to see now .

twinsuck
08-29-2009, 04:53 PM
And this season is OVA!!

soxyess
08-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Ah, a voice of reason. Thanks for a level-headed post.

This year is probably toast, but next year is promising.

To bring out the crystal ball, Contreras has to be gone, and I don't mean to the bullpen.

Thome gone unless he signs a smaller contract. Maybe even Dye is gone since he's more tradeable than Konerko. Or at least he was until the ASG.

Konerko still has that no trade clause, so unless Arizona comes up with an offer that can't be refused, he's staying. He still plays 1B pretty well.

Can they get rid of Linkbrink, or is his contract an issue? He seems to have lost it, although his last appearance wasn't too bad.

I'm worried about MB, though. He seems to have lost his way. He'll probably snap out of it, but right now it's not looking good.

No need to rush, Jake Peavy. Save it for April.

I have no answer for the bullpen, or the offense issues. I'm speechless. You don't know whether to blame Greg Walker or what.

This has been really ugly, no doubt about it.

I agree with most of your post, but why do we want Thome Dye and Konerko at any price? They are a huge part of the reason that our offense is so brutal. I know you have some loyalty, but let them go. I thank them for what they have given us, but their time has come. Let them go!

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-29-2009, 05:16 PM

Great post. I don't think anyone could have put it better. I just hope Peavy isn't regretting coming here.

slavko
08-29-2009, 05:31 PM
some guy on the post game called him Sergio Koufax lol

Wrong hand. He did throw some nice Mod Edit (just say the word and let the language filter take care of it) today, just from looking at ESPN.

Ozzie won't get fired. JR has a long memory. Quitting is a possibility. We need to turn over the middle of the lineup, but at least we didn't have to look at more station-to-station baseball today. See the good side of almost no men on base?

Don't fixate on great starting pitching next year. The bullpen is shaky from A to Z and needs fixing. Throwing more big money at mediocre relievers gets you nothing but mediocre relievers. Can we ever develop some arms?

chisoxfanatic
08-29-2009, 05:52 PM
We're lucky Detroit's losing.

JB98
08-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Yeah , Jose was so instrumental in '05, it's sad to see now .

"Sad" is also the word I would use. That World Series celebration we had in 2005 doesn't happen without Jose Contreras. Now, he's done. He just can't pitch in the big leagues anymore. I don't enjoy saying that, but it is a reality.

chisoxfanatic
08-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Detroit lost, so we're still 5 games back instead of 6.

SCCWS
08-29-2009, 06:14 PM

I think there are several big questions next year you don't address:

1. Jenks- Lost in this crash is the fact that Jenks was also struggling before the total collapse. It will be importatnt for Jenks to demonstrate he is effective the last month regardless of the standings.
2. Buehrle-- Since the World Series he has basically been a .500 pitcher w an era in the .370 range. It looked like he rebounded the 1st half of this season but he is struggling again. Adding Peavy does not make this "a top collection of arms in MLB if MB continues to struggle.
3. Rios-- Toronto wanted badly to dump him. He has shown nothing since he arrived. He is still young and certainly better than what we had but is also a questionable talent.
4. SS- A critical position that many posters last year felt Alexi would take over. Now what?
5. Defense-worse in the league. I don't get to see that mnay games living in New England. Buy I saw all 4 in Boston this week and they are terrible. TQ-Rios-Pods-Dye had no clue on playing balls not hit at them. Alexi is very shaky and AJ is plain awful. Beckham will improve and PK is still pretty solid but when you watch them it is obvious why they rank last.

Hartman
08-29-2009, 06:15 PM

I appreciate your optimism, but I would be skeptical even if we were 1 or 2 games back. This team needed to be in post season form to win this division given the remaining schedule. Instead they look like they're in little league form.

samurai_sox
08-29-2009, 06:16 PM

I remember a co-worker of mine got free tickets for that series a few days before and I joked with him "whats the point of going? The Sox are gonna get destroyed!". Damn, I hated being right at the time.

DickAllen72
08-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Don't fixate on great starting pitching next year. The bullpen is shaky from A to Z and needs fixing. Throwing more big money at mediocre relievers gets you nothing but mediocre relievers. Can we ever develop some arms?
I'm thinking they let Hudson and Garcia compete for the fifth slot next spring with hopefully Freddy showing he has a lot more left in the tank. Then Hudson goes to the pen. Carlos Torres also looks like he could be a serviceable bullpen arm.

If they keep Jenks, they have a pen of Jenks, Thornton, Pena, Hudson, Torres, Carrasco, and a Loogy (maybe Williams, maybe not). This is with the hope that they can find someone to take Linebrink off their hands.

TheOldRoman
08-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Too bad I missed this one. Geez. Are they even trying any more?Other than trying to hit 5 run homers on every pitch, no.

SoxFan1979
08-29-2009, 06:22 PM
This STINKS BAD! Bring on 2010!

tstrike2000
08-29-2009, 06:25 PM
True we only had one friggin hit, but starting pitching around the league must really be at a all time premium when we're throwing a guy out there that hasn't been good in 3 years and really good in 4.

Hitmen77
08-29-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm glad the Sox didn't rush Peavy back or rush Hudson up to the majors for this 1-hit stinker. That's probably the only good thing I have to say about today's game.

We're lucky Detroit's losing.

It's ovah. You can stop drinking the koolaid. It's pointless to scoreboard watch when this team has imploded.

DickAllen72
08-29-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm glad the Sox didn't rush Peavy back or rush Hudson up to the majors for this 1-hit stinker. That's probably the only good thing I have to say about today's game.
I agree 100%.

It's ovah. You can stop drinking the koolaid. It's pointless to scoreboard watch when this team has imploded.
It certainly looks bad, but I'm not ready to declare it "ovah" until I see where they stand after the Twins series. If they manage to salvage a game against the Yankees tomorrow and somehow manage to overcome their mental block about the dome and win or sweep the series against the Twins, they're still in it.

It probably won't happen, but until those games are played I'm going to wait and see.

JB98
08-29-2009, 06:48 PM
I agree 100%.

It certainly looks bad, but I'm not ready to declare it "ovah" until I see where they stand after the Twins series. If they manage to salvage a game against the Yankees tomorrow and somehow manage to overcome their mental block about the dome and win or sweep the series against the Twins, they're still in it.

It probably won't happen, but until those games are played I'm going to wait and see.

I'd agree. Five games out with 32 to play is hardly insurmountable. The Sox are bleeding to death right now, but there's still time to slap the tourniquet on.

Again, we've put up with this team's crap for this long. What's another month? It really blows right now, but it's not over.

veeter
08-29-2009, 06:53 PM
I'd agree. Five games out with 32 to play is hardly insurmountable. The Sox are bleeding to death right now, but there's still time to slap the tourniquet on.

Again, we've put up with this team's crap for this long. What's another month? It really blows right now, but it's not over.I love it. I'm not giving up either.

sullythered
08-29-2009, 07:12 PM
I love it. I'm not giving up either.
I was pretty close to declaring this the "Go Bears" game of the White Sox season, but then I think about how I declared us absolutely dead and gutless when we got swept by the Twinkies near the end of last season...

Paulwny
08-29-2009, 07:18 PM
I was pretty close to declaring this the "Go Bears" game of the White Sox season, but then I think about how I declared us absolutely dead and gutless when we got swept by the Twinkies near the end of last season...

If we end this road trip less than 5 out we can still get lucky and win this div even with Oz as the manager.

hawkjt
08-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Win tomorrow, take 2 of 3 from the Twins and beat the Cubs...5-6 road trip leaving us 3 back? It could happen, but only if they snap the heck outta it!!!
Today Mitre did look like he had good command, but one hit is not defensible.
I guess the tipoff was the boston ss that took care of us in two innings this week...we cannot hit a high school pitcher right now.

BoysMom3
08-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Until it's statistically impossible, I'm not believing it's over. Remember how bad things looked last year. That doesn't mean I'm not super discouraged and disgusted though.

Quentin08
08-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Remember how bad things looked on June 26 of this year. :o:
The Sox were 3 games under .500, in 3rd place, 6 games back, and just lost game 1 vs the Cubs at the Cell. Well, the Sox won game 2 and went on a 7-game winning streak, and before we knew it, they had tied Detroit for 1st place. Anything's possible in this game.

Nelfox02
08-30-2009, 12:40 AM
I know the guy is paid very well to pitch, but I am no longer angry with the Jose situation, I feel bad for the guy he just cannot pitch at the major league level, and yet he keeps taking the ball and going out there to get creamed

Also, this is no excuse for the offense today, but the players have look at the match up with Jose, the yankees, and think no chance-----has to affect performance somewhat

when is enough going to be enough? you look at last year, a flawed team, great finish, flamed out as they should have in the playoffs to a superior team, but some good young pieces, some decent vets.....something to build on going into a 2009 season where you had to figure the division would remain pretty winnable w/o having to spend like the yankees

I understand KW was given the slash pay roll edict, but Wise is your starter in CF and leading off? Fields? The belief that Contreras and Colon can give you enough to be a contender at the back of that rotation? right

2009 not over, but lets be honest, its not happening Fine, but what scares me the most is 2010 I know there is a lot of optimism here, but now we have Rios and Peavy, cost us quite a bit will that be it for the off season? can this team be a contender with a lot of holes that wont be filled? I guess my point is there is still work to be done, but will KW have the budget to do it?

long post, sorry

ChiSoxGirl
08-30-2009, 12:58 AM

Again, we've put up with this team's crap for this long. What's another month? It really blows right now, but it's not over.

I love it. I'm not giving up either.

This is just me, but I don't give up unless it's mathematically impossible for them to overcome the deficit, regardless of what year it is.

russ99
08-30-2009, 01:04 AM
That was absoultely hideous, but I can't say we've hit rock bottom until after the Twins series is completed with any level of success...

GoGoCrede
08-30-2009, 01:12 AM
I know the guy is paid very well to pitch, but I am no longer angry with the Jose situation, I feel bad for the guy he just cannot pitch at the major league level, and yet he keeps taking the ball and going out there to get creamed

Same. I'd expect nothing less from Jose. It takes real guts. I agree with another poster who said they were sorry his career with us had to end like thiis.

oeo
08-30-2009, 03:56 AM
Still not quitting. Go get 'em tomorrow.

Win tomorrow, take 2 of 3 from the Twins and beat the Cubs...5-6 road trip leaving us 3 back? It could happen, but only if they snap the heck outta it!!!

This is what I keep thinking, and hoping. Come back home having lost only a half game? I will take it. That should be the short term goal, if you ask me. We have 5 games to get those two games back.

Jurr
08-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Giving up would make September go down easier, because this team is cooked.

southside rocks
08-30-2009, 09:02 AM

But, as Farmio would say, "there's still plenty of baseball to be played, folks!"

I watch baseball games until there are no more, and I will keep watching the Sox until the last out of the season is recorded. However, I have, in light of their recent play, adjusted my expectations downward.

But I can adjust those expectations upward again if they go on a winning streak, no matter how brief ... :D:

SOXSINCE'70
08-30-2009, 09:17 AM
I was upset that I wasn't going to see this game, but after looking at the box score, I'm glad I did. Doing manual labor for six hours beats this.

I also didn't bother with the game.
Had errands to run.Much more productive.
By the time I tunes iun for an update, it was 9-0, Yankmees.
I'm glad I missed this mass homicide.:angry:

palehozenychicty
08-30-2009, 11:25 AM
They still have time, but dang. :(:

oeo
08-30-2009, 11:34 AM

Not quitting during the down parts make the up parts that much sweeter.

Besides, if I remember correctly, you quit quite early on last season, as well, and we never fell more than a 0.5 game behind the Twins.