PDA

View Full Version : Joe Crede retiring?

NLaloosh
08-29-2009, 02:28 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Rockabilly
08-29-2009, 02:33 PM
its a shame that Crede career was filled with back injuries.

LITTLE NELL
08-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Feel for him, in a perfect world he would still be our third baseman and Beckham would be at SS.
I have back issues with playing so much golf and its not fun but I don't have the pain that Joe has.
Good Luck Joe and thanks for the great moments on the southside.

SoxGirl4Life
08-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Poor Joe. Can't say I'm surprised. But really, he has alot to show for his short career. Alot of guys have much longer careers and don't enjoy being an important part of a World Series team.

:tiphat: to you Joe. You have always been one of my favorites.

SoxandtheCityTee
08-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Joe! Crede!

I will never forget him and his time here. Some of my happiest moments in my many years as a Sox fan are down to him. I have to admit I'll be glad not to have to see him in a Twinkies uniform, but I'd never wish this kind of an end to his career. I hope for the best for you, Joe, in whatever the future holds.

soxfanreggie
08-29-2009, 04:23 PM
I could see him taking a season off and seeing how his back felt, then maybe going to Spring Training in 2011. Then, there's also the option of resting up and being a mid-season acquisition.

I hope his playing career isn't over, but at least he doesn't have to worry about working again in his life. Who knows, maybe he'll get into coaching.

Twins_Morneau
08-29-2009, 06:16 PM
He's finished. He's been putrid for us in the second half, injured atleast once everyother game, and each time its a different body part. I will remember him for his 3run Walk off HR in the 14th inning earlier this year. Too bad you couldn't make more good memories with us Joe.:gulp:

GlassSox
08-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the memories Joe and good luck for the future.

veeter
08-29-2009, 06:28 PM
He made a huge mistake playing on turf. But it was probably inevitable. I'll always love Joe. World Series hero and Sox legend. Good luck Joe.

thomas35forever
08-29-2009, 07:31 PM
He might as well. It's obvious those back problems are not going to go away. They were bad in '05. Why should they be better now? You really feel for a guy like him because if he stayed healthy, he could have been one of the dangerous clutch hitters the game has ever seen. However, he has to think about the rest of his life. I don't think he wants to make it worse than it already is. I'll support whatever he decides to do.

Red Barchetta
08-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Sad to hear, however inevitable. It must be extremely frustrating to have the talent to make it to the major leagues and then have your career cut short by a nagging physical ailment.

If anyone has ever experienced back problems, you know how difficult it is to do anything, let alone play professional baseball. :(:

Good luck Joe. IMO, you were the 2005 World Series MVP.

BoysMom3
08-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Really, such a shame. Wish him all the best though.

JB98
08-29-2009, 11:54 PM
It's too bad that Joe's career is likely over. You figured this would happen, though. All the warning signs were there. I'm glad the Sox didn't get all sentimental and give him a long-term deal.

white sox bill
08-30-2009, 10:40 AM
All the Millions of $$ he's made, I wonder how much of all that would be give back to be 100% healthy again?

GoGoCrede
08-30-2009, 11:31 AM
All the Millions of $$ he's made, I wonder how much of all that would be give back to be 100% healthy again?

:(:

All the best, Joe. You were always my favorite.

esbrechtel
08-30-2009, 01:30 PM
That is really too bad....

It was great watching Joe develop into the player that he was, I am so glad that he was able to help bring a World Series Championship here for that he will always be remembered....at least he has that legacy in his tragically short Major League Baseball career

FloridaTigers
08-30-2009, 02:43 PM
That guy was a Tiger Killer. I know your attachments to the guy, but I won't miss him.

MarkZ35
08-30-2009, 02:51 PM
I feel bad but he only made his back worse by being greedy and accepting more money from the Twins and having to play on the astro turf. Probably one of his dumbest mistakes. I still appreciate all of the good memories.

TDog
08-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Feel for him, in a perfect world he would still be our third baseman and Beckham would be at SS.
I have back issues with playing so much golf and its not fun but I don't have the pain that Joe has.
Good Luck Joe and thanks for the great moments on the southside.

Crede would be at third. Beckham would be in the minors or at second replacing the injured Getz. Chances are good that neither would be hitting now anyway.

I understand why Crede signed with Minnesota, assuming that San Francisco offered similar money. Crede knows the league, in particular the pitchers in the AL Central. He certainly wasn't going to get any money from the Sox, considering what the Sox knew about his back.

eriqjaffe
08-31-2009, 05:02 PM
FWIW, Crede says that the retirement rumors are false.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/08/crede-retirement-rumors-are-false.html

Lip Man 1
09-20-2009, 04:33 PM
The retirement rumors may be false but what isn't is that according to a story at the Tribune from Sunday 9-20, he is undergoing a 3rd surgery on his back this week in Dallas to remove fluid from a herniated disc that is pressing on a nerve.

Recovery time is two months.

Crede is quoted in the story as saying he'd like to return to the Twins next season. I'm sure Scott Boras would love that too.

Lip

soxfanreggie
09-20-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm sure Scott Boras would love that too.

He has to be able to feed his family! :tongue: