PDA

View Full Version : It Keeps Getting Worse... Contreras to Start Tomorrow

kevingrt
08-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Per Cowley's twitter... Jose to start tomorrow.

WhiteSox1989
08-28-2009, 09:45 PM
What a joke.

hawkjt
08-28-2009, 09:47 PM
No Thornton tomorrow after he threw 42 pitches tonite.
Pray for rainouts the next two nites...we will play these if we need them at the end of the season.
Figures, Mitre and Chamberlein(4 inning limit) are actually guys we could beat, but we will get a rainout or Jose will blow up.
We needed to have Jose go tonite, concede the loss and have MB tomorrow vs Mitre.

Frater Perdurabo
08-28-2009, 09:48 PM
As long as he's mailing it in anyway, I'd like to see Ozzie leave him out there for the whole game to give the bullpen a break. I don't care if he gives up 3, 30 or 300 runs.

WhiteSox5187
08-28-2009, 09:49 PM
:facepalm:

Brian26
08-28-2009, 09:51 PM
To further complicate matters, watch Jose go out and pitch eight innings of two-hit ball tomorrow, which will earn him Ozzie's trust for another three starts in which he will tank. The cycle continues.

thomas35forever
08-28-2009, 09:53 PM
:gah:
:tantrum:
http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/images2007/smiley-bangheadonwall.gif http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/images2007/smiley-bangheadonwall-yellow.gif

:whiteflag:

chisoxfanatic
08-28-2009, 09:54 PM
To further complicate matters, watch Jose go out and pitch eight innings of two-hit ball tomorrow, which will earn him Ozzie's trust for another three starts in which he will tank. The cycle continues.
And the Yankees will still win 1-0 as the Sox can't figure out Mitre.

**** **** **** **** **** **** ****!!!!!!! :angry:

A. Cavatica
08-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Great. A guy who is probably all done, and won't be back with the Sox in any event, gets to face the loathsome Yankees in a meaningless game. Absolutely no reason to follow the game tomorrow, none at all.

If it was Torres or Ely or Harrell I might have watched out of curiosity. (Though I am glad it's not Hudson; he doesn't need to make it to Chicago this year.)

I might also have tuned in if they'd started Jeff Marquez. (That 2.06 by his name is his WHIP, not his ERA.)

chisoxfanatic
08-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Yea, I've got 6 loads of laundry to do and have a pretty empty freezer, fridge, and cupboard, so I've gotta go to Jewel. I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

Thanks Ozzie for not holding anyone accountable! :angry:

DickAllen72
08-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Starting Jose is the best possible option. They'd have to cut or DL someone if they wanted to bring up a minor leaguer and Jose is better equipped to pitch against the Yankees in Yankee Stadium than anyone they would bring up at this point anyway.

Carrasco has been great in his current role so no sense messing with one of the few effective bullpen pieces they've had.

Jose can still pitch in this league.

Lip Man 1
08-28-2009, 10:15 PM
"We don't have any other option..." LOL

God help us.

Lip

chisoxfanatic
08-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Jose can still pitch in this league.
Are you SURE about that?

soxfanatlanta
08-28-2009, 10:21 PM
He's gonna get red hot any time now.

GoGoCrede
08-28-2009, 10:25 PM
I hope for his sake and ours, Jose pulls through. Stranger things have happened.

But just in case...I have beer cooling in the fridge.

KnightSox
08-28-2009, 10:30 PM
I hope they have the defibrillator ready for Ozzie.

Waysouthsider
08-28-2009, 10:52 PM
I thought it would be DJ for sure.....wow, how can that be...?

DumpJerry
08-28-2009, 11:18 PM
I might also have tuned in if they'd started Jeff Marquez. (That 2.06 by his name is his WHIP, not his ERA.)
He spent most of the season on the DL (but is not on it right now). I don't know if he is in good enough shape to go 7 innings.

tstrike2000
08-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah, this isn't exactly an exciting time for the Sox who currently sit in 3rd place with a pitcher going tomorrow who hasn't been good in 3 years.

JB98
08-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Maybe it will rain tomorrow. :dunno:

Noneck
08-28-2009, 11:27 PM

Some think it will sunny even though the dark clouds have been out for the past week.

ChiSoxGirl
08-28-2009, 11:28 PM

Farmer said it's supposed to rain like hell tomorrow (not a direct quote, of course) and that we "should pack a lunch and stick with them all afternoon."

DSpivack
08-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Farmer said it's supposed to rain like hell tomorrow (not a direct quote, of course) and that we "should pack a lunch and stick with them all afternoon."

Yeah, the forecasts for tomorrow aren't good, if you want the game to actually be played, that is.

chisoxfanatic
08-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Yeah, the forecasts for tomorrow aren't good, if you want the game to actually be played, that is.
Accuweather has a dry period from 11-4, it will be played.

Cuck the Fubs
08-28-2009, 11:43 PM
The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow they'll be sun :cool:

voodoochile
08-28-2009, 11:49 PM
I thought it would be DJ for sure.....wow, how can that be...?

I think it's more about taking a chance at this point in time. Maybe Good Contreras shows up and lasts 6-7 innings. DJ won't make it past 5 for sure and will likely give up 4-5 runs minimum while doing so.

I imagine Ozzie will keep Jose on a real short leash and if he gives up a couple of runs early wouldn't be surprised to see DJ come in for the 3rd or 4th inning, but heck, the whole pitching staff is completely burned out at present, so something has to give...

Konerko05
08-28-2009, 11:55 PM
I'd rather start Contreras than Carrasco.

At least Contreras has shown it's possible for him to have a good outing and go deep into the game. There is also a small chance he could dominate.

Even if Carrasco pitches well, he will most likely only pitch four innings. That leaves five innings to be covered by a bullpen without their long reliever and their best reliever.

I'd rather take the small chance that Contreras might pitch well rather than starting our long reliever for three or four innings max.

Carrasco is just as likely to get rocked. There really isn't a decent option in the minors either. Let's just hope for the best.

thomas35forever
08-29-2009, 12:11 AM
The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow they'll be sun :cool:
69gtkOqAY4k

I'll be on the radio during the game, so I won't be able to get too upset (I think).

Whappeh
08-29-2009, 06:18 AM
At least Glendale is nice in the spring.

TheBigHurtST
08-29-2009, 06:32 AM
As hostile as it sounds, I almost don't want Jose to get better. Let's face it: he's getting really old and he just doesn't have anything left. As someone else said, it's a nasty cycle where someone does good, then Ozzie puts confidence in them and then they suck for a long time. And that's true, otherwise there would be no reason we would have ever had to see Dewayne Wise on the major league roster.

NoNeckEra
08-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Dad gummit! Weather in NY is clearing and it's game on.

Hitmen77
08-29-2009, 02:05 PM
What a joke.

My reaction exactly.

:gah:
:tantrum:
http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/images2007/smiley-bangheadonwall.gif http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/images2007/smiley-bangheadonwall-yellow.gif

:whiteflag:

You forgot this one:
:anon:

Any team that has no other option than to start Jose Contreras (after publicly declaring they would NOT start him), is NOT a playoff contending team.

Anyone who thinks we still have a shot at this should just lay off the koolaid. This season has become a joke. The only question now is whether we finish 2nd or 3rd and whether we can manage to finish above .500.

GoGoCrede
08-29-2009, 03:56 PM
As hostile as it sounds, I almost don't want Jose to get better. Let's face it: he's getting really old and he just doesn't have anything left. As someone else said, it's a nasty cycle where someone does good, then Ozzie puts confidence in them and then they suck for a long time. And that's true, otherwise there would be no reason we would have ever had to see Dewayne Wise on the major league roster.

So you're saying you don't want Jose to improve, just to teach Ozzie a lesson? :scratch: What hurts Ozzie, hurts the team.

kitekrazy
08-29-2009, 03:58 PM
I got a big scare when I seen this thread on top. I thought cause he only lasted 3 innings they were going to put him out there Sunday as well.

GoGoCrede
08-29-2009, 03:59 PM
I got a big scare when I seen this thread on top. I thought cause he only lasted 3 innings they were going to put him out there Sunday as well.

Okay, this made me laugh. Well done. :D: We've certainly hit rock bottom. I'm hoping it can only get better.