PDA

View Full Version : Jon Rauch traded to MIN

soxinem1
08-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Looks like the Twins are trying to stock their pen, adding Mahay and Rauch.

Twins_Morneau
08-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Good moves, but I am more interested in rumor about getting Harden.

DrCrawdad
08-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Looks like the Twins are trying to stock their pen, adding Mahay and Rauch.

I haven't followed Mahay nor Rauch lately to know if these are valuable additions. IIRC we've added one arm to the BP, trading a highly rated prospect (even if it was over-rated), that is worthless.

The Sox BP was what was needed to be addressed. Nothing.

:angry:

Tragg
08-29-2009, 03:30 PM
I haven't followed Mahay nor Rauch lately to know if these are valuable additions. IIRC we've added one arm to the BP, trading a highly rated prospect (even if it was over-rated), that is worthless.

Did the Twins give up a top propsect for Rauch like Williams gave for Pena?

oeo
08-29-2009, 03:34 PM

At the time of the Pena trade, I remember the majority of people pissed off that we were addressing the bullpen because it was a strong point at the time. Pena will not be worthless when all is said and done. BTW, where, besides here at WSI, was Allen 'highly rated?'

Mahay has been bad, while Rauch has been merely okay.

DrCrawdad
08-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Did the Twins give up a top propsect for Rauch like Williams gave for Pena?

I don't know who they gave up but I doubt it was a prospect anywhere near the top or of equal value as what the Sox gave up for Pena.

DrCrawdad
08-29-2009, 04:03 PM
At the time of the Pena trade, I remember the majority of people pissed off that we were addressing the bullpen because it was a strong point at the time. Pena will not be worthless when all is said and done. BTW, where, besides here at WSI, was Allen 'highly rated?'

I would love to see and I hope it's the case that Pena gives the Sox some value. As of right now, count me as very unimpressed.

Didn't Baseball America rate Allen as top prospect (or near the top) in the Sox system?

oeo
08-29-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't know who they gave up but I doubt it was a prospect anywhere near the top or of equal value as what the Sox gave up for Pena.

It's not comparable...Pena is also younger and under contract longer. I believe he's under our control through 2012. Of course it's going to cost more.

I would love to see and I hope it's the case that Pena gives the Sox some value. As of right now, count me as very unimpressed.

Didn't Baseball America rate Allen as top prospect (or near the top) in the Sox system?

You said top rated, not top rated in the Sox system. There's a big difference. Allen is easily replaceable, and probably won't end up any more than mediocre.

DrCrawdad
08-29-2009, 04:13 PM
It's not comparable...Pena is also younger and under contract longer. Of course it's going to cost more.

You said top rated, not top rated in the Sox system. There's a big difference. Allen is easily replaceable, and probably won't end up any more than mediocre.

I don't really care how Allen does, I just wished we had got more in return, if that was feasible.

oeo
08-29-2009, 04:15 PM
I don't really care how Allen does, I just wished we had got more in return, if that was feasible.

This is always the complaint here. We overrate our players, that's the problem.

kitekrazy
08-29-2009, 04:56 PM

They will throw these guys against the Sox next week since the Sox have trouble with terrible pitching. They'll save the other guys for real games.

Bobby Jenks
08-29-2009, 09:50 PM
They will throw these guys against the Sox next week since the Sox have trouble with terrible pitching. They'll save the other guys for real games.

In Mahay's defense, he has been mis-used by the Royals. haven't seen Raucsh, so i can't comment.

TDog
08-30-2009, 04:09 PM

I'm sure there would have been complaints and angry faces from Whie Sox fans if the Sox would have added Rauch and Mahay.

Tragg
09-01-2009, 11:03 PM

Pretty much every site that rates prospects, Allen was one of our top prospects.
And it's not like Pena had some elite credentials - he was a mediocre middle reliever at Arizona, and he appears to be worse in Chicago.
I just wonder if the Twins paid the same inflated priced that Williams paid.

Lip Man 1
09-01-2009, 11:43 PM
As long as kenny Williams is GM Rauch will never be back in a Sox uniform. I think he made that pretty clear years ago when he got rid of him.

Lip

doublem23
09-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Pretty much every site that rates prospects, Allen was one of our top prospects.
And it's not like Pena had some elite credentials - he was a mediocre middle reliever at Arizona, and he appears to be worse in Chicago.
I just wonder if the Twins paid the same inflated priced that Williams paid.

Remember when Danks and Floyd were pretty terrible when the Sox first acquired them?

Give it some time.