PDA

View Full Version : Kazmir traded to Angels

Sockinchisox
08-28-2009, 04:06 PM
For a pair of prospects, set to be announced later today.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090828&content_id=6663260&vkey=news_ana&fext=.jsp&c_id=ana&partnerId=rss_ana

LoveYourSuit
08-28-2009, 04:08 PM
White Flag for TB?

Kazmir has been pitching well lately. Should help the Angels.

Angels pretty damn good team. I think they will win it this year.

tstrike2000
08-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm all for it if it means pitching help to help overcome NY and/or Bos in the playoffs.

LoveYourSuit
08-28-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm all for it if it means pitching help to help overcome NY and/or Bos in the playoffs.

Or us ........ Not!

Chez
08-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Crap. Angels get Kazmir AFTER they play Detroit and before we play them. Tampa still has 7 games left with Detroit. I was counting on Tampa winning 5 of those games!

tstrike2000
08-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Crap. Angels get Kazmir AFTER they play Detroit and before we play them. Tampa still has 7 games left with Detroit. I was counting on Tampa winning 5 of those games!

They still could since Kazmir hasn't pitched well even though he has of late.

Hitmen77
08-28-2009, 04:30 PM
They still could since Kazmir hasn't pitched well even though he has of late.

He's had a terrible season. Like you said, he's been better of late but not quite "lights out" good. But still a nice addition for the Angels and he could another great arm on their staff if he rebounds next year.

I guess the Angels have enough talent in their farm system to make this trade.

Is it me, or does it seem like many more players are clearing waivers this year.

Sockinchisox
08-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Wow, Will Carroll is reporting that the Angels plan to use Kazmir out of the pen.

http://twitter.com/injuryexpert/status/3610697559

munchman33
08-28-2009, 04:43 PM
I didn't realize so many teams were in such a tight financial situation. Even with the year he's having, it's hard to imagine any team passing on the waiver claim, let along the bulk of the American League.

hawkjt
08-28-2009, 05:24 PM

Another reason you do not want to be playing the Red Sox,Yankees and Angels late in the year. Any real talent on the market often ends up with them late and they are different than early. We got the short straw this year playing all these teams late in the year.
Now,we face Kazmir,Wagner,Rauch and Mahan out of the bullpen in the last 6 weeks...yuck.

PaleHoser
08-28-2009, 05:32 PM
MLB.com reports this deal is dead (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090828&content_id=6663260&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb).

DSpivack
08-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Another reason you do not want to be playing the Red Sox,Yankees and Angels late in the year. Any real talent on the market often ends up with them late and they are different than early. We got the short straw this year playing all these teams late in the year.
Now,we face Kazmir,Wagner,Rauch and Mahan out of the bullpen in the last 6 weeks...yuck.

Rauch and Mahay aren't really any good, Wagner is a question mark, and Kazmir is having a terrible season. Meh.

oeo
08-28-2009, 05:38 PM

Who we face out of the bullpen should be the least of our worries. What is with you and who we're going to face out of the bullpen? We may not see any of those guys at all.

I'm more concerned with getting some consistency from the lineup, the back end of the rotation, and the bullpen. Who the opposing team has in their bullpen is way down the list.

Domeshot17
08-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Who we face out of the bullpen should be the least of our worries. What is with you and who we're going to face out of the bullpen? We may not see any of those guys at all.

I'm more concerned with getting some consistency from the lineup, the back end of the rotation, and the bullpen. Who the opposing team has in their bullpen is way down the list.

Back end has been about as consistent as the front end lately. Buehle has to stop sucking.

This isn't good, it basically makes a non contender (TB) Weaker and a Contender (LA) Stronger. If we make the playoffs there is a big chance we play the Angels in the opening round.

oeo
08-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Back end has been about as consistent as the front end lately. Buehle has to stop sucking.

This isn't good, it basically makes a non contender (TB) Weaker and a Contender (LA) Stronger. If we make the playoffs there is a big chance we play the Angels in the opening round.

It didn't happen.

mccoydp
08-28-2009, 06:17 PM
MLB Network saying it still might happen, so stay tuned.

soxinem1
08-28-2009, 06:21 PM
It didn't happen.

MLB website says the deal is dead, but MLB Trade Rumors says it will be annopunced shortly.

We'll see who is right.

Rocky Soprano
08-28-2009, 06:24 PM
What does Kazmir's contract look like?

Hitmen77
08-28-2009, 06:31 PM
What does Kazmir's contract look like?

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2005/01/tampa-bay-devil-rays_112131227267025321.html

09:$6M, 10:$8M, 11:$12M, 12:$13.5M club option ($2.5M buyout)
plus: $800k bonus if traded

He's the 3rd player listed on this page. (by the way, the linked website is a great source for MLB contract info)

Foulke You
08-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Angels pretty damn good team. I think they will win it this year.
They have a good shot as always but Boston has given them fits in the playoffs the last couple years. If they don't get matched up with the Red Sox, they could go far.

DSpivack
08-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Done deal, per BBTN.

soxfanreggie
08-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Just got the notice from ESPN. He's got a lot left on that deal, but it will be interesting to see how he performs for them next year. This could be a huge steal, or they could have just bought themselves a now-marginal player for big $$$

palehozenychicty
08-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Honestly, I think he's overrated and has been for a couple of years now. It could be a steal, but he's always had problems with durability.

DSpivack
08-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Honestly, I think he's overrated and has been for a couple of years now. It could be a steal, but he's always had problems with durability.

Well, the last 4 seasons before this one he was fantastic, ERA's well below 4 each year. Don't know what's happened to him this year.

White City
08-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Mark Buehrle struggled in '06 after pitching deep into October in '05. Would you give up on him? It's too bad we don't have Yankee money, as picking him up somehow as our fifth starter next year (not necessarily our No. 5) would have been fantastic.