PDA

View Full Version : Worst. At bat. Ever.

doublem23
06-07-2002, 10:02 PM
Carlos Lee, you suck!

First you swing at the first pitch (over your head) and Jose would have stolen 2nd.

THEN, you lay down the WORST BUNT IN THE HISTORY OF THE FREE WORLD...

Good God... Who's having Carlos bunt?

And then you get picked off third. Holy ****ing ****....

duke of dorwood
06-07-2002, 10:08 PM
i think the first swing was a hit & run, the rest is on
lee

MattSharp
06-07-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

THEN, you lay down the WORST BUNT IN THE HISTORY OF THE FREE WORLD...

Good God... Who's having Carlos bunt?

Good call on both. CLee is not a bunter. I mean I supose they wouldn't be expecting it and it should take away teh doulbe play, but that was terrible....

KruseControl04
06-07-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

And then you get picked off third. Holy ****ing ****....

I cannot believe that he got picked off third base. I think that the safety squeeze may have been on there. But the reason it is called a safety squeeze is because it's supposed to be safe! You're not supposed to get picked off third base on a safety squeeze! Last season on our sophomore baseball team, we must have ran the safety squeeze at least once a game (our coach was a big fan of "small ball" and he liked the safety squeeze a lot) Well we must have run it on at least 15 or 16 different occasions, and not once did we have the man picked off at third. And a few times we got the play to work. And let me tell you that its a beautiful thing when it works. The one positive thing about Carlos that I can say is that he made a good decision going from 1st to 3rd on that high chopper that Tony G. hit. That was heads up on his part. And also a good job to Tony G. for digging that out. I'm sure Shameme would have just jogged down to first and got thrown out.

doublem23
06-07-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by KruseControl04

I cannot believe that he got picked off third base. I think that the safety squeeze may have been on there. But the reason it is called a safety squeeze is because it's supposed to be safe! You're not supposed to get picked off third base on a safety squeeze!

No, JM said there was nothing called for that, IIRC.

Tragg
06-08-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp

Good call on both. CLee is not a bunter. I mean I supose they wouldn't be expecting it and it should take away teh doulbe play, but that was terrible....

Lee tried to bunt in a 1 run loss a couple of days ago. He failed.

This is the kind of stuff you straighten out in spring training. Either he can bunt or he can't.

gosox3072
06-08-2002, 02:14 PM
Give Clee a little break the reason he swung at the first pitch is he was expecting it to be meat right down the middle. THe pitcher that was in for the expos pitched to 6 batters before they got to Carlos what happened each time?????? they looked and it was a fastball right down the heart. I would have been swinging too.

Second his crappy bunt, first of all he needs some work lol but give him a little credit for running it out. He could have easily given up and had a DP at least he kept us in the game.

Third he made a great play to get to 3rd, he went from 1st to 3rd on an infield hit!!!!!!! thats good baserunning.

I think when he got picked off he thought that TG was tryig the squezze, Y the hell would he bunt if not suezzing???? You blame carlos but i think the blame should be on TG

ANyway lets keep up and try to win some games

GO SOX

CerberusWG
06-08-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072
Give Clee a little break the reason he swung at the first pitch is he was expecting it to be meat right down the middle. THe pitcher that was in for the expos pitched to 6 batters before they got to Carlos what happened each time?????? they looked and it was a fastball right down the heart. I would have been swinging too.

Second his crappy bunt, first of all he needs some work lol but give him a little credit for running it out. He could have easily given up and had a DP at least he kept us in the game.

Third he made a great play to get to 3rd, he went from 1st to 3rd on an infield hit!!!!!!! thats good baserunning.

I think when he got picked off he thought that TG was tryig the squezze, Y the hell would he bunt if not suezzing???? You blame carlos but i think the blame should be on TG

ANyway lets keep up and try to win some games

GO SOX

No. JM said there was no play on. C Lee blew the game for us. Plain and ****ing simple.

pudge
06-08-2002, 04:35 PM
If there's no play on, why was MJ even showing bunt? This is no time to be *****-footin around, just swing the damn bat and tie the game... Also, after Sandy got thrown out at third the night before, which likely cost a run and the game, don't you think Manuel might say to the team, "Okay guys, let's not run ourselves out of these close games, every run is crucial."

This is pathetic, what a joke of a season this has turned out to be, it's more painful than last year - at least last year we had some valid excuses.