PDA

View Full Version : Sox piss off Denis Leary and Lenny Clarke! YES!

samurai_sox
08-28-2009, 03:50 AM
While the Sox were scoring in the 2nd inning, the NESN guys had Denis Leary and Lenny Clarke in the booth with them. I can't stand those two AT ALL, they're the reason why I can't ever bring myself to watch Rescue Me. Denis Leary has got to be one of the most useless actors of all time, he's not funny or entertaining, he's famous for acting like a sarcastic douchebag and a Red Sox fan. Lenny Clarke should be banned from acting in ANYTHING especially with that raspy Boston accent. Here's the link:

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=6332071

At 6:21 Lenny Clarke says he hates the White Sox, **** you Lenny! You no talent hack!

Shoeless_Jeff
08-28-2009, 04:09 AM
Ugh. That Lenny Clarke is beyond obnoxious.

Boondock Saint
08-28-2009, 04:12 AM
:whocares

We kicked their ass and it ruined his day. That's enough for me.

TommyGavinFloyd
08-28-2009, 04:33 AM
Rescue Me is awesome, hence my user name. And Denis Leary is awesome.

DrGiggles
08-28-2009, 04:59 AM
I love Denis Leary :D:

doublem23
08-28-2009, 07:00 AM
I love Denis Leary :D:

Me, too, but if the Red Sox fan in him doesn't like us, I guess I'll live with that. :cool:

I'm good as long as Jim Belushi stays the hell on the North Side.

soxfanreggie
08-28-2009, 09:12 AM

Can we put a shock collar on him to prevent him from leaving the North Side?

jdm2662
08-28-2009, 09:22 AM
They hate the White Sox? Lots of people do. So what? I never even heard of Lenny Clarke until now...

jdm2662
08-28-2009, 09:23 AM

Sadly, I see his fat ass at every other venue, including the Fire. They even introduced his ass on the PA/jumbotron one game. Needless to say, I booed his ass.

Marqhead
08-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Sadly, I see his fat ass at every other venue, including the Fire. They even introduced his ass on the PA/jumbotron one game. Needless to say, I booed his ass.

His ass seems to be pretty popular.

Dibbs
08-28-2009, 09:37 AM
I thought they were kind of funny.

jdm2662
08-28-2009, 09:39 AM

If it weren't for his talented/funny brother, we wouldn't see the talentless hack on TV...

Bobby Thigpen
08-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Really? This is all you have to do with your life?

Who cares if they don't like the White Sox? They're Red Sox fans. I suppose if you were on TV while the Twins were scoring against the White Sox you'd be happy...

Oblong
08-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I thought Denis Leary was hilarious until I discovered Bill Hicks. Then I realized Leary was just doing his schtick and I soured on him very quickly. It's almost as if Leary said "Hey, this guy's dying, I'll just do his stuff now."

thedudeabides
08-28-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm a big fan of these guys and Rescue Me. I went to the Rescue Me comedy tour at the Chicago Theatre in April. The funny thing is Dennis Leary said he likes the White Sox, except when they knocked the Red Sox out of the playoffs in 2005, and that Ozzie is his favorite coach in all of sports. He also took a few shots at the Cubs. It was pretty funny.

These two are regulars in the Red Sox booth and are usually pretty funny. Last year they went off on Mel Gibson in the booth, about how he would hate their Jewish players.

JohnnyInnsbrook
08-28-2009, 10:57 AM
I've never heard of Lenny Clark; though he does look like some one awfully familiar....

http://images.abunawaf.com/2006/04/image0169.jpg

SoxandtheCityTee
08-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Denis Leary's shtick got old for me some time ago, I think when he was in those commericals in his black leather jacket barking at us to use some kind of automotive product. I tried watching a few episodes of Rescue Me, but the self-indulgence of his lead character was just too over the top. With his blond highlights on his middle-aged head he is adored by all women (even those who wryly know they are better of without him cannot resist :rolleyes:) and grudgingly respected/feared/envied/loved by all men, regardless of how bad he screws up. Because why . . . . well, because the writers write it all that way at his direction. Yuck.

If I want to watch extreme male wish fulfillment fantasies, I'll watch Entourage, which is at least sunny and funny.

Nellie_Fox
08-28-2009, 11:22 AM
I've never liked Leary and his "hey, I'm a Boston tough guy who chain smokes to prove how tough he is" bit.

PatK
08-28-2009, 11:25 AM
I thought Denis Leary was hilarious until I discovered Bill Hicks. Then I realized Leary was just doing his schtick and I soured on him very quickly. It's almost as if Leary said "Hey, this guy's dying, I'll just do his stuff now."

Exactly. Dennis has made his success doing a louder, more in your face version of Bill Hicks' act.

He also stole from Louis CK. His "I'm an *******" song is basically a rip-off of on of Louis' bits.

Ron Karkovice
08-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Exactly. Dennis has made his success doing a louder, more in your face version of Bill Hicks' act.

He also stole from Louis CK. His "I'm an *******" song is basically a rip-off of on of Louis' bits.

Louis CK is the best by far. High five.

slavko
08-28-2009, 11:56 AM

:cool:Could you be more specific?

pmck003
08-28-2009, 01:25 PM
I woulda switched to the Sox broadcast if they let that Clarke dude stay in the booth another half inning. Even if I was a Boston fan I dunno how I could enjoy listening to that guy. It was like "the View" invaded my baseball game.

tstrike2000
08-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Like them or not, who cares what those two chumps think of the Sox. We don't like the Red Sox, so it's even.

White City
08-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Leary's mad at the Sox? Wait 'til he finds out they gave the Yankees Bucky "****ing" Dent!

samurai_sox
08-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Really? This is all you have to do with your life?

Who cares if they don't like the White Sox? They're Red Sox fans. I suppose if you were on TV while the Twins were scoring against the White Sox you'd be happy...

Relax, its all in good fun, don't get so jumpy.

#1swisher
08-28-2009, 05:04 PM
While the Sox were scoring in the 2nd inning, the NESN guys had Denis Leary and Lenny Clarke in the booth with them. I can't stand those two AT ALL, they're the reason why I can't ever bring myself to watch Rescue Me. Denis Leary has got to be one of the most useless actors of all time, he's not funny or entertaining, he's famous for acting like a sarcastic douchebag and a Red Sox fan. Lenny Clarke should be banned from acting in ANYTHING especially with that raspy Boston accent. Here's the link:

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=6332071

At 6:21 Lenny Clarke says he hates the White Sox, **** you Lenny! You no talent hack!

Thanks! I like that kind of stuff...fyi FORM(fanofrescueme):redneck

MarkZ35
08-28-2009, 05:37 PM
If it weren't for his talented/funny brother, we wouldn't see the talentless hack on TV...
Exactly

KnightSox
08-28-2009, 07:37 PM
I woulda switched to the Sox broadcast if they let that Clarke dude stay in the booth another half inning. Even if I was a Boston fan I dunno how I could enjoy listening to that guy.I wonder the same thing when it comes to Cub fans and Jim Belushi.

Coolpapa
08-29-2009, 06:20 AM
Me, too, but if the Red Sox fan in him doesn't like us, I guess I'll live with that. :cool:

I'm good as long as Jim Belushi stays the hell on the North Side.The Belush is the perfect cub fan.

gaelhound
08-29-2009, 11:29 AM
I do not know the particulars but I understand that Leary has been very generous in supporting Firefighters nationwide. Lots of $'s filling in budget gaps for training and equipment that keeps these guys and the public safer. Not many headlines. As an artist, you wont find me standing in line for him, as a patriotic citizen, I am supportive of his behind the scenes contributions

samurai_sox
08-29-2009, 01:05 PM
I wonder the same thing when it comes to Cub fans and Jim Belushi.

Well I'm also a Bears fan, and everytime the Bears play on Monday Night Football they always bring Jim Belushi into the booth. :angry:

hi im skot
08-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Well I'm also a Bears fan, and everytime the Bears play on Monday Night Football they always bring Jim Belushi into the booth. :angry:

I think it had a lot to do with his show airing on ABC.

C-Dawg
08-29-2009, 01:36 PM
I wonder the same thing when it comes to Cub fans and Jim Belushi.

Ah, yes.... The funniest living Belushi.

SoxandtheCityTee
08-29-2009, 02:03 PM
I do not know the particulars but I understand that Leary has been very generous in supporting Firefighters nationwide. Lots of $'s filling in budget gaps for training and equipment that keeps these guys and the public safer. Not many headlines. As an artist, you wont find me standing in line for him, as a patriotic citizen, I am supportive of his behind the scenes contributions

True. There was a bad fire in Boston a few years back and one of the firefighters killed was a cousin of Leary's, IIRC. Props to him for what he's done on that front.

kittle42
08-29-2009, 02:24 PM
True. There was a bad fire in Boston a few years back and one of the firefighters killed was a cousin of Leary's, IIRC. Props to him for what he's done on that front.

But he doesn't like the White Sox. He must be horrible.

I ****ing hate these threads.

Ron Karkovice
08-31-2009, 12:20 AM
Leary and Clarke are both hilarious comedians and actors in rescue me...

Bobby Thigpen
09-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Relax, its all in good fun, don't get so jumpy.
Oh yeah, this thread is filled with light hearted hilarity.

kitekrazy
09-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Leary and Clarke are both hilarious comedians and actors in rescue me...

Leary was great in Who's the Man, Judgement Night, the Ref. I like him as an actor more than a comedian.

twentywontowin
09-10-2009, 12:05 PM
These two are regulars in the Red Sox booth and are usually pretty funny. Last year they went off on Mel Gibson in the booth, about how he would hate their Jewish players.

That was one of the funniest things I've heard anywhere. What made it great was Kevin Youkilis (who is Jewish) had an awesome play at 1st and a pickoff during the exchange.

"Yeah where's Mel Gibson now!? He's in rehab, and Youkilis is at first base!"

"Who else is Jewish?"
"Gabe Kapler."
"Yeah we got two Jews on this team Mel!"

I need to find that video.

Zisk77
09-10-2009, 01:41 PM
That was one of the funniest things I've heard anywhere. What made it great was Kevin Youkilis (who is Jewish) had an awesome play at 1st and a pickoff during the exchange.

"Who else is Jewish?"
"Gabe Kapler."

then he said maneschevitz (or however u spell it) for everyone.

rdivaldi
09-11-2009, 12:12 AM

"Who else is Jewish?"
"Gabe Kapler."

I almost passed out from laughing the first time I heard this.

linky (http://www.glumbert.com/media/learygibson)

soxfan22
09-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Everything Leary does is just him acting. He plays it up all the time. I don't hate him or dislike him and if he says he hates the White Sox, who cares? We hate / dislike the Cubs, do we care?

Nah, didn't think so :D:

veeter
09-19-2009, 10:22 PM
I really loved his short-lived cop show on ABC.