He's so awesome!

:bluerock

Gavin
08-25-2009, 09:26 PM
who cares

sox are tied 3-3 to the red sox

Brewski
08-25-2009, 09:45 PM
I did see the GS while changing channels. Followed by shots of sad faced children in the stands.

LoveYourSuit
08-25-2009, 10:45 PM
who cares

sox are tied 3-3 to the red sox

Yeah.

Seriously. And this coming from a MOD. :rolleyes:
It's like a police officer with a DUI.

Sox fans have no room to gloat over crappy Cubs baseball when IMO we suck as bad.

WhiteSox1989
08-25-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm more concerned about the Sox.

1908<2005
08-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Sox fans have no room to gloat over crappy Cubs baseball when IMO we suck as bad.

Wrong.

LoveYourSuit
08-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Wrong.

:thumbsup:

MarkZ35
08-25-2009, 11:30 PM

I kind of agree but the Sox also weren't picked to be in the world series.

Cuck the Fubs
08-25-2009, 11:35 PM
I kind of agree but the Sox also weren't picked to be in the world series.

winner winner chicker dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were picked for 72-90

Cubs were to breeze to 97 wins and the Series...

So, yeah we're entitled to enjoy it...it's in the right forum.

1908<2005
08-25-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't even hate the Cubs but I even can say the White Sox are a much better team than the Cubs. The White Sox were projected to finish with like 75 wins by Baseball Prospectus (I think) and the Cubs were projected to win around 95. Have you seen the Cubs lineup? It's absolutely brutal. Milton Bradley is hitting around .260, Soriano is hitting .240, Soto is hitting .220, Fukudome is hitting .270. The only good hitters in that lineup are Ryan Theriot (Who shuts down late in games), Derrek Lee (Been their best player), and Aramis (Who's been solid when healthy).

Big D
08-25-2009, 11:45 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-26-cubs-nationals-chicago-aug26,0,1754762.story

Apparently there were a bunch of empty seats scattered throughout Wrigley tonight. And I thought Cub fans were the most loyal in baseball.

MarkZ35
08-25-2009, 11:53 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-26-cubs-nationals-chicago-aug26,0,1754762.story

Apparently there were a bunch of empty seats scattered throughout Wrigley tonight. And I thought Cub fans were the most loyal in baseball.
I love to read about the Cubs losing and scalpers suffering.

The Immigrant
08-26-2009, 01:31 AM
I was at this game (don't ask, client development) and had pretty good seats. The crowd was dead the entire game and never turned ugly, as Sullivan's piece notes. Even the hardcore Cub fans are resigned to the fact that their team has no chance of getting to the playoffs.

DumpJerry
08-26-2009, 07:55 AM

Big D, those were not empty seats. They were in line for the bathroom and beer. In the same place.....:tongue:

doublem23
08-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Seriously. And this coming from a MOD. :rolleyes:
It's like a police officer with a DUI.

Don't tell me how to run this place. The thread was posted in the appropriate forum, so unless you can show me the rule that says "NO CUBS THREADS," (I'll save you some time, it doesn't exist) you're little analogy is full of ****.

g0g0
08-26-2009, 10:48 AM
I have Zambrano for my fantasy league. BIG disappointment this year. Sigh...

Hitmen77
08-26-2009, 10:52 AM

...and it was a beautiful evening too. It's simply not true! There are never any empty seats for the World's Greatest faNs at Wrigley Shrine!

Wow. It's only be a few days since the Trib sold the Cubs and already Sully is letting slip things about empty seats. Has the supply of blue koolaid to the Tribune Tower been cut off? I guess he probably doesn't have to worry about getting called to the principal's office anymore.

SOXPHILE
08-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Meh. I was really pissed watching the Sox game, and turned it off after they didn't score in the 8th (1st & 3rd, nobody out), and flipped over to see what was going on in the Cubs game, and was surprised to see they were getting blown out. So, even though I was in a foul mood, that sort of lightened it up a little and gave me a little snicker.

kellykid
08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
:D:Meh. I was really pissed watching the Sox game, and turned it off after they didn't score in the 8th (1st & 3rd, nobody out), and flipped over to see what was going on in the Cubs game, and was surprised to see they were getting blown out. So, even though I was in a foul mood, that sort of lightened it up a little and gave me a little snicker.

I did the same thing :D:

LoveYourSuit
08-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Don't tell me how to run this place. The thread was posted in the appropriate forum, so unless you can show me the rule that says "NO CUBS THREADS," (I'll save you some time, it doesn't exist) you're little analogy is full of ****.

Sorry dude.

I just didn't think bashing the Cubs was appropriate on a night where we are heading in the same direction they are heading .... the toilet.

You did put it in the right forum.

I was just under the impression that Mods were not suppose to be Cubsessed at all.

eriqjaffe
08-26-2009, 11:19 AM
I just didn't think bashing the Cubs was appropriate on a night where we are heading in the same direction they are heading .... the toilet.At least the Cell has better men's rooms!

Oh, wait, no, that shouldn't be in teal.

kittle42
08-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Bash me if you want, but I will say this...

Every season that the Sox suck (and I am just assuming now that they will likely not make the playoffs this year, not that it's out of reach, but just based on how they look), I can at least take a sigh of relief knowing that "It's [Not] Gonna Happen" happened again.

If the Sox aren't going to make it, I take some solace in the Cubs not making it, either, is all I'm saying.

SOXPHILE
08-26-2009, 12:01 PM

Every season that the Sox suck (and I am just assuming now that they will likely not make the playoffs this year, not that it's out of reach, but just based on how they look), I can at least take a sigh of relief knowing that "It's [Not] Gonna Happen" happened again.

If the Sox aren't going to make it, I take some solace in the Cubs not making it, either, is all I'm saying.

I'm the same way. It sucks when the Sox are no good and/or don't make the postseason, but it is 100 x worse if during the same year, the Cubs are good and do make the playoffs (1998, 2003, 2007). If I'm not going to be able to chew my fingernails all the way down hoping and watching the Sox make a post-season run, I can just relax and actually watch and enjoy other teams in playoff baseball and the start of the NFL season, instead of having this icy ball in the pit of my stomach and hoping & praying the Cubs finally get knocked out of the playoffs so I can stop hearing about them from the media and all the Cubs Game Fans.

spawn
08-26-2009, 12:08 PM

I won't be bashing you at all. It sucks the Sox are starting to fade, but it gives me comfort knowing some of the more beligerent Cubs friends I have won't be pounding their chests and throwing it in my face. They have to wallow around in self pity just as us Sox fans...perhaps even moreso as they were picked to run away with the Central, just as we were predicted to finish no higher than 4th.

LoveYourSuit
08-26-2009, 12:14 PM
I won't be bashing you at all. It sucks the Sox are starting to fade, but it gives me comfort knowing some of the more beligerent Cubs friends I have won't be pounding their chests and throwing it in my face. They have to wallow around in self pity just as us Sox fans...perhaps even moreso as they were picked to run away with the Central, just as we were predicted to finish no higher than 4th.

See, I thought we were beyond that after 2005.

I used to take great pride and joy in Cub loses before 2005, but I guess I kind of grew up and out of it once we raised our banner.

spawn
08-26-2009, 12:39 PM

I used to take great pride and joy in Cub loses before 2005, but I guess I kind of grew up and out of it once we raised our banner.
Bully for you. You're quite the grownup. :rolleyes: I don't go out of my way to harrass Cubs fans. By the same token, they have gone out of their way to harrass me. I'm not walking around berating them, nor do I get immense pleasure when they lose. The only pleasure I derive from their situation is not having to hear them trumpet how great they are. But keep getting on your moral high horse. :shrug:

kittle42
08-26-2009, 12:45 PM

I did, too, to an extent...now my hatred is more focused on just not wanting them to achieve what the Sox have.

GlassSox
08-26-2009, 12:48 PM

I agree. I work with several people who usually don't shut up about the Cubs. Recently several of them have emailed me saying that they are done with the Cubs for this year and are now into the Bears.

Cuck the Fubs
08-26-2009, 02:16 PM

Guess you don't have enough asshat Cub fans for friends then...I used to think like you....but the Cubbie Hype machine ruined that line of thinking.

DumpJerry
08-26-2009, 02:31 PM

All I keep thinking about is how during Spring Training this year (and leading up to it after the Dodgers destroyed them last October), was the talk on The Score and ESPN1000 was "the question is not if, but by how much the Cubs will win the division in 2009." Everyone who was drinking the blue Kool Aid was soooo certain that by August 15th, the Cubs would have a 25 game lead because there "is nobody in the NL Central who is any good."

To that, I say bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Meet Mr. LaRussa.

LoveYourSuit
08-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Guess you don't have enough asshat Cub fans for friends then...I used to think like you....but the Cubbie Hype machine ruined that line of thinking.

Oh, believe me. They are everywhere. There is no bar I go to where I have to beg to get the Sox game put on some corner old TV set because all the 20 of the plasmas have the Cub game on. It's annoying, no doubt.

As far as "true" fiends are concerned, most of my buddy cub fans are very knowledgeable and realistic about their team and the suckage that comes with it. I enjoy talking baseball with those guys because they know it when their **** stinks. I handful of clowns (Friends) just play the role of a trolling cub fan, those I ignore and refuse to talk baseball with. There is no reason to waste time.

LoveYourSuit
08-26-2009, 02:35 PM
All I keep thinking about is how during Spring Training this year (and leading up to it after the Dodgers destroyed them last October), was the talk on The Score and ESPN1000 was "the question is not if, but by how much the Cubs will win the division in 2009." Everyone who was drinking the blue Kool Aid was soooo certain that by August 15th, the Cubs would have a 25 game lead because there "is nobody in the NL Central who is any good."

To that, I say bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Meet Mr. LaRussa.

I can't cheer for the Cardinals and La Russa. I wish the Brewers would have taken that thing.

DumpJerry
08-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Oh, believe me. They are everywhere. There is no bar I go to where I have to beg to get the Sox game put on some corner old TV set because all the 20 of the plasmas have the Cub game on. It's annoying, no doubt.
Do you go to bars inside The Urinal? Every bar I've gone to in Wrigleyville has put the Sox game on just as many televisions as the Cubs' game. Throughout the bar. They do it without even being asked. I've never had any trouble watching a Sox game in a bar this year, even across the street from The Urinal on Clark.

Of course, there have been times I was tempted to ask them to turn off the game because I don't want to have to pay for a replacement television.......

chisoxfanatic
08-26-2009, 02:40 PM
I think the reasoning behind all of the lofty Cubs predictions was that Cubs fans were banking on the Cardinals being super-injured this season. Well, it hasn't happened so far.

ChiSoxGirl
08-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Do you go to bars inside The Urinal? Every bar I've gone to in Wrigleyville has put the Sox game on just as many televisions as the Cubs' game. Throughout the bar. They do it without even being asked. I've never had any trouble watching a Sox game in a bar this year, even across the street from The Urinal on Clark.

Of course, there have been times I was tempted to ask them to turn off the game because I don't want to have to pay for a replacement television.......

Back on July 18, I was at the Shrine for the Rascal Flatts concert and my friends and I got there early to get something to eat and hang out beforehand. The Sox were playing on FOX that afternoon and when I walked into John Barleycorn, the game was already on the projection screen, along with a couple additional TVs in the place.

Soxfanspcu11
08-26-2009, 05:15 PM
And I thought Cub fans were the most loyal in baseball.

Obviously you have this in teal so I dont want to beat a dead horse here but I don't think that anyone outside of the cubs fandom really believes that they are the most loyal or best fans in baseball or whatever. Living in Chicagoland, of course we are subjected to that but those outside of the area that can look at it objectively realize that that is simply not true and cubs fans are viewed as how they really are, some of the worst fans in all of sports.

SOXPHILE
08-26-2009, 05:28 PM
http://imgsrv.670thescore.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/200901/3542887.jpg?1251266921
"OCTOBER DOESN'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE REGULAR SEASON ! DON'T WORRY ABOUT THESE MAY AND JUNE GAMES !!! ALL CUB FANS SHOULD BE CONCERNED WITH IS WHAT HAPPENS IN OCTOBER !!"