PDA

View Full Version : Crede to have MRI

kba
08-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Back problems, again. Gardenhire says it doesn't look good:

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4422567&campaign=rss&source=MLBHeadlines)

GoGoCrede
08-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Really unfortunate and probably painful. Get well soon, Joe.

southside rocks
08-25-2009, 07:57 PM
I don't know what makes me more sad: that Joe's back is troubling him again, or that this comes as no surprise. :(:

DumpJerry
08-25-2009, 09:12 PM
:borass:
He's fine. Really. If you agree now, I think I get you three years of Joe Crede. The last team that had him for multiple years won the World Series. Come on, what do you say? I might be able to throw in a Magglio for only fifty bucks, too!

thomas35forever
08-25-2009, 09:12 PM
We knew this was gonna happen. It was just a matter of when.

Soxgirl22
08-25-2009, 09:58 PM
He's had an awful season, injury-wise. For nostalgic reasons, I've had him on the bench of my fantasy team and almost every other day, I read a note about his newest injury. Ankle, shoulder, back, ankle, back. It's crazy.

Poor guy. I still like him.

Flamer
08-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Looks like not signing an extension with the Sox a while ago was not a good financial decision for him.

Nevertheless, I hope he can still have a few more good seasons.

MarkZ35
08-25-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm still shocked the Twins took a chance on him. They had to know he wouldn't play more than 50 healthy games. Now it looks like he won't even play 100 games for the whole season. I can't see anything bright in his future but the only way he has any kind of future would be as a DH.

palehozenychicty
08-25-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm still shocked the Twins took a chance on him. They had to know he wouldn't play more than 50 healthy games. Now it looks like he won't even play 100 games for the whole season. I can't see anything bright in his future but the only way he has any kind of future would be as a DH.

Crede? A DH? Ha.

Hitting was the weakest part of his game by far. Aside from late 2005-half of 2006.

I think he'll be out of the league sooner than later.

MarkZ35
08-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Crede? A DH? Ha.

Hitting was the weakest part of his game by far. Aside from late 2005-half of 2006.

I think he'll be out of the league sooner than later.
True but I think he is always hurt from having to play the field. It seems like he is having some kind of back injury every week. I doubt anyone would give him the opportunity to DH unless for a small contract.

Gremlin3
08-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Wish Joe all the best (never really thought I would say that about a Twin) but it is unfortunate

Brewski
08-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Looks like not signing an extension with the Sox a while ago was not a good financial decision for him.

Nevertheless, I hope he can still have a few more good seasons.

He had to know his own body. He believed the pot of gold at the end of the FA rainbow story his agent told him even though his body had to be telling him to sign the extension. That is one persuasive man, with a one size fits all approach to his job. Still, Joe is an intelligent adult and the responsibility for any decisions are his.

Good luck getting a long term deal, old pal.

FloridaTigers
08-25-2009, 11:53 PM
I won't miss him.

gobears1987
08-26-2009, 12:14 AM
We all knew this would happen. I've talked to people who had the same back surgery he has had. It is a problem that plagues you for life and the fact Crede made it this far into the season is amazing.

Steelrod
08-26-2009, 03:00 AM
Playing on astroturf probably didn't help.

spawn
08-26-2009, 07:00 AM
That sucks.

asindc
08-26-2009, 08:36 AM

Before the season, I was debating with someone about the AL Central. He said that the Twinkees will be much improved in part because Crede would be major upgrade at 3b. I said that I would be shocked if Crede played more than 100 games this season. I could never understand why he didn't sign the extension when he had a chance. Get well soon, Joe.

spawn
08-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Before the season, I was debating with someone about the AL Central. He said that the Twinkees will be much imported in part because Crede would be major upgrade at 3b. I said that I would be shocked if Crede played more than 100 games this season. I could never understand why he didn't sign the extension when he had a chance. Get well soon, Joe.
:borass:

Because they're all puppets...and I pull the strings!

doublem23
08-26-2009, 09:06 AM
To be honest, I'm surprised it took this long.

hawkjt
08-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Yet whenever I would see him play this season,he always seemed to make one of those patented diving down the line plays that he is so good at...go figure. I suppose those did not help the back.
I like Joe, always have. He still hurt us this year as a Twin at the plate.
He will always be clutch crede to me...and if he is opposing us, I will never be glad to see him up with men on base.
Good luck to Joe...go somewhere out of the division next year,Joe.

Nellie_Fox
08-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Playing on astroturf probably didn't help.It's not "astroturf." I don't even think that exists anymore. It's "field turf," and it's much softer and more resilient than older artificial turfs. I doubt it contributed much, if at all. Besides, the third baseman spends most of his time on the dirt portion.

FielderJones
08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
It's not "astroturf." I don't even think that exists anymore. It's "field turf," and it's much softer and more resilient than older artificial turfs. I doubt it contributed much, if at all. Besides, the third baseman spends most of his time on the dirt portion.

Is it dirt all the way down, or is there concrete and steel (http://www.msfc.com/about.cfm) beneath the surface? Regardless of the advances in artificial turf, it's still not going to affect the human body the same way as natural grass turf.

I'm surprised Joe has played in 88 games, frankly. I figured his back would start acting up by July.

WhiteSox1989
08-27-2009, 08:42 AM
It still stings a little bit to see Joe in a Twins uniform.

I wish him the best though.

salty99
08-27-2009, 09:45 AM
The only MRI results I've heard so far say the back looks "different" now than post-surgery and the Twins are going to talk to the doctor who performed the last procedure. It doesn't sound good.

TomBradley72
08-27-2009, 11:00 AM
It's not "astroturf." I don't even think that exists anymore. It's "field turf," and it's much softer and more resilient than older artificial turfs. I doubt it contributed much, if at all. Besides, the third baseman spends most of his time on the dirt portion.

Regardless of the name...I'd bet it would have a big impact...there's also running the bases, etc...any athlete that has every played on any artificial surface talks about how much better they feel when they play on natural grass. Rios specifically commented on it just a few weeks ago after coming over from Toronto.

soxinem1
08-27-2009, 12:42 PM
True but I think he is always hurt from having to play the field. It seems like he is having some kind of back injury every week. I doubt anyone would give him the opportunity to DH unless for a small contract.

He has gotten hurt just swinging the bat too...

hawkjt
08-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Regardless of the name...I'd bet it would have a big impact...there's also running the bases, etc...any athlete that has every played on any artificial surface talks about how much better they feel when they play on natural grass. Rios specifically commented on it just a few weeks ago after coming over from Toronto.

Yes, I have heard comments this season from players saying you hurt all over after a series on turf.

kaufsox
08-27-2009, 01:32 PM
that is a bummer. I hope he gets better soon.