PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Commercial

Quentin08
08-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Two weeks ago, I was out of town and happened to catch a White Sox game on WGN. It was when the Sox were on the west coast, so the games were really late. I stayed up and watched the game alone, and I happened to catch a new commercial that I had never seen. It showed a couple officers directing traffic, and using their hand signals, and subtitles appeared on the bottom of the screen, as if that's what the officers were saying. One of the subtitles said "Nix played balls out last night", or something along those lines.

I thought it was kind of weird, then all the sudden, the tv screen got darker. I thought to myself 'what the hell's going on?' and then the tv turned off. I reached for the remote to turn the tv back on, it wouldn't work for a few seconds, and then it came back on and it was back to play on the field. I wasn't drinking or anything, I wasn't half asleep, and I swear this happened. Can someone please let me know if they've seen this commercial?

voodoochile
08-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Two weeks ago, I was out of town and happened to catch a White Sox game on WGN. It was when the Sox were on the west coast, so the games were really late. I stayed up and watched the game alone, and I happened to catch a new commercial that I had never seen. It showed a couple officers directing traffic, and using their hand signals, and subtitles appeared on the bottom of the screen, as if that's what the officers were saying. One of the subtitles said "Nix played balls out last night", or something along those lines.

I thought it was kind of weird, then all the sudden, the tv screen got darker. I thought to myself 'what the hell's going on?' and then the tv turned off. I reached for the remote to turn the tv back on, it wouldn't work for a few seconds, and then it came back on and it was back to play on the field. I wasn't drinking or anything, I wasn't half asleep, and I swear this happened. Can someone please let me know if they've seen this commercial?

It's a KGB (Knowledge Generation Bureau) ad. Yes I've seen it. The joke is that the woman tells the man he has an interesting way with words considering his fly is open (balls out... get it? :rolleyes: )

Quentin08
08-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks.. I didn't get that part. That was a strange commercial. :o:

voodoochile
08-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks.. I didn't get that part. That was a strange commercial. :o:

I completely agree...

Zisk77
08-26-2009, 01:00 PM
And it was Getz not Nix....the question I believe was who was the last sox to steal home.

oeo
08-26-2009, 04:02 PM
And it was Getz not Nix....the question I believe was who was the last sox to steal home.

That would be Nix, who stole home last month against the Yankees.

voodoochile
08-26-2009, 04:05 PM
That would be Nix, who stole home last month against the Yankees.

Yeah, but they must have filmed it before then. I thought we had another one, but they list some game in June and say it was Getz.

oeo
08-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah, but they must have filmed it before then. I thought we had another one, but they list some game in June and say it was Getz.

Oh, but yeah, Getz also stole home against the Cubs. Zambrano threw a wild pitch on a suicide squeeze.

Nellie_Fox
08-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Personally, I think this commercial is well on the wrong side of the line of good taste.