PDA

View Full Version : Alexei for Kotsay?

thechico
08-23-2009, 06:58 PM
When I saw we could tie it today (8/23), and I knew Alexei was due next, I felt good. My theory is that when there's added pressure, Alexei focuses and he performs. I don't have the stats, but I believe he hits better with 2 or more on base.
So, OG puts in Kotsay. I heard Hawk, say something about MK being a great pinch hitter, but couldn't make it out because my volume was low.
We all know what happened. My question is: should Alexei be used more in a PH role? :scratch:

DirtySox
08-23-2009, 07:01 PM
How will our starting shortstop be pinch hitting exactly?

Frontman
08-23-2009, 07:02 PM
In a word: no.

Alexei might have had a poor season at SS; but I wouldn't consider him in the company of Alex Cintron.....

TommyGavinFloyd
08-23-2009, 07:02 PM
When I saw we could tie it today (8/23), and I knew Alexei was due next, I felt good. My theory is that when there's added pressure, Alexei focuses and he performs. I don't have the stats, but I believe he hits better with 2 or more on base.
So, OG puts in Kotsay. I heard Hawk, say something about MK being a great pinch hitter, but couldn't make it out because my volume was low.
We all know what happened. My question is: should Alexei be used more in a PH role? :scratch:

:scratch: indeed. Alexei got a single with Paulie on base. Then Kotsay came up. I don't really get what you are asking. Kotsay hit for Lillibridge.

Konerko05
08-23-2009, 07:05 PM

Alexei was on second base.

kevingrt
08-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Most confusing post ever.

illinifan1368
08-23-2009, 08:27 PM
So you want to bench Alexei and use him strictly as a pinch hitter?

Britt Burns
08-23-2009, 08:43 PM
How about for away games we lead of with Lillibridge at short, and then after he is announced pinch hit Alexei for him. That way Lillibridge never plays, which is an overall plus for the Sox.

Rohan
08-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Most confusing post ever.

Just a simple confusion. He thought Alexei was next up instead of Brent. No biggie.

hawkjt
08-23-2009, 09:59 PM
It was a no-brainer move by Ozzie to hit Kotsay for Lillibridge.
Kotsay has been making good contact since he arrived,just made a bad swing to strike out on a ball in the dirt. Sox do not comeback like that this year...just not in our DNA so far anyway.

voodoochile
08-23-2009, 11:55 PM
:rolling:

I have no idea what this thread is about, but it cracks me up...

kevingrt
08-24-2009, 12:00 AM
How about for away games we lead of with Lillibridge at short, and then after he is announced pinch hit Alexei for him. That way Lillibridge never plays, which is an overall plus for the Sox.

And we still get to see the pants up look.

cards press box
08-24-2009, 12:00 AM

I don't either but let me add this observation: if the Sox can play over .500 on this roadtrip, keep their heads above water and stay within striking distance of Detroit by the time they come home on Sept. 4, I suspect that suggestions such as turning Alexei into the new Smokey Burgess, Jerry Lynch or Manny Mota will be kept to a minimum.

soxnut1018
08-24-2009, 12:17 AM
We should have had Gordon Beckham pinch hit, or better yet have Albert Pujols! I like the way you think thechico.

Nellie_Fox
08-24-2009, 12:35 AM
They should have called "invisible runner" and brought Alexei in to hit.

doublem23
08-24-2009, 01:04 AM

It's great comic relief after another ho-hum Sox loss and the general insanity that follows.

HomeFish
08-24-2009, 01:32 AM
A "cell Jerry cell" for the younger generation.

LITTLE NELL
08-24-2009, 06:04 AM
Watching the Sox this year can make anyone a bit confused.

DumpJerry
08-24-2009, 07:46 AM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was a trade proposal.:?:

35th&Shields
08-24-2009, 09:42 AM
It was a no-brainer move by Ozzie to hit Kotsay for Lillibridge.
Kotsay has been making good contact since he arrived,just made a bad swing to strike out on a ball in the dirt. Sox do not comeback like that this year...just not in our DNA so far anyway.

I hate to say this about any player that gets even a sniff of the Major Leagues, because I never came close, but Lillibridge is not a Major League-caliber player. Those two missed balls at 2nd should have both been Es. And he's not a strong hitter either. Long story short, he probably got his last chance in a CWS uniform yesterday. I doubt we'll have to worry about Lillibridge much more.

tstrike2000
08-24-2009, 09:44 AM
I guess the only way this proposition were to work is if both Kotsay AND Alexei both didn't start the game and Ozzie decided on Alexei to bat in a crucial pinch hitting situation instead of Kotsay. But since the Cuban Missile is usually already out there, I guess the original poster should just hope he's hitting in that clutch situation instead of Kotsay.

thechico
08-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Sorry for the confusion. Was close to bedtime when I first posted. Let me just clarify by asking the simpler question: Given his so-so defense and his ability to focus when the pressure is on, should Alexei be out of the starting lineup and used more as a PH?

thechico
08-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Just a simple confusion. He thought Alexei was next up instead of Brent. No biggie.

Thank you for reading my mind. :)

DumpJerry
08-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Sorry for the confusion. Was close to bedtime when I first posted. Let me just clarify by asking the simpler question: Given his so-so defense and his ability to focus when the pressure is on, should Alexei be out of the starting lineup and used more as a PH?
No.

kittle42
08-24-2009, 11:32 PM

This is what people thought you were asking, and then thought the question was ludicrous.