PDA

View Full Version : What about this idea?

OfficerKarkovice
06-07-2002, 05:35 PM
I was thinking the other day after seeing Rocky come out of the bullpen and finish off the last two innings, what about giving him a shot at the closers job? He has the closer mentality, has great stuff, and for sure looks the part. I think that he could be fantastic as a closer, although perhaps this is a waste of his talent as I think he could also be a very good starter for us when his arm returns fully. What do you guys think?

Daver
06-07-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
I was thinking the other day after seeing Rocky come out of the bullpen and finish off the last two innings, what about giving him a shot at the closers job? He has the closer mentality, has great stuff, and for sure looks the part. I think that he could be fantastic as a closer, although perhaps this is a waste of his talent as I think he could also be a very good starter for us when his arm returns fully. What do you guys think?

Keep him working back into the rotation IMO.

KingXerxes
06-07-2002, 05:50 PM
I say,

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts then oh what a Christmas there would be."

If we had a machine like the scientist invented in the movie The Fly (the one that combined the human form with the fly by mistake) and we loaded Biddle, Wunsch, Howry, Martes and Osuna into it, flipped the switch and watched what happened - I think we'd all be surprised to see that the new "melded super reliever" was little more than a journeyman.

Signed,
King Xerxes

:farmer

"Hey King - Pardon me for butting in but is there such a machine?????? Maybe we should tell Mr. Reinsdorf because there would be a tremendous time savings in the pre-game meetings where the players - or in this case the one remaining player - goes through all the vast amounts of data now stored up on each member of the opposition - or in this case the other player if they too have such a machine - but if they also have this machine then that means that they must have stolen it from us which means that they're probably stealing signs as well which means that our one remaining player should go out and hit their one player on the first pitch of the game - I know I would - and then start the game off with a runner, well I guess it would be the runner, on first and nobody out. No big deal you say? Well if their one player is on first, then there is nobody left to bat, so our one player would stand on the mound rubbing the baseball with nobody to pitch to - or pitch at for that matter because you wouldn't have, or need I guess a catcher. Would you need a catcher? Okay so maybe you need a catcher although we're not sure....."

TheBigHurt
06-07-2002, 06:15 PM

Someone has to get us that lead so.. i rather him starting

baggio202
06-07-2002, 08:11 PM

well i posted about foulke becoming a starter so i would consider it....biddle looks like he has the right make up for a closer...bulldog mentality..since he has had two operations being a starting pitcher might not be in his best interest...as a closer he is looking at 1/2 to 1/3 the innings pitched....depends on how fast he can warm up and more importantly..how well he can pitch going back to back to back...if he can handle that i think he would excel in the closer role...