PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie: Give Beckham Today Off

SCCWS
08-23-2009, 09:09 AM
It looks like Beckham needs a day off offensively. Hopefully he gets his stroke back for Fenway where he could plaster the wall if he gets straightened out.

balke
08-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Maybe next week when they can call-up Fields.

hawkjt
08-23-2009, 10:02 AM
I would agree but at last nite's game he squared up several shots..the one that missed being a homer down the left field line was a rocket and the one to right was right at the wall...so I think he is back to seeing it well.
No choice, his defense is starting to be a plus, last nite especially. As Ozzie said, those were not only tough chances,but key plays at that time.
He just had a day off on Thursday, he is young, he is mentally tough...play him . I think the older players do get a boost from sitting a day but Gordo is still learning the trade...ok, maybe a day off would also be good for him sometime in this 20 game stretch.

Today, JD is sitting, and I approve...we need him to come alive next week on the road and that gets Alex,Pods and Carlos(who needs to play as much as he can bear til he cools) in the lineup. PK is back in, time to go Paulie...Castro gives AJ the day off after a night game...please win today...I know, it is sunday ,but winning is not outlawed on the Sabbath, Sox.

hi im skot
08-23-2009, 10:04 AM
I would agree but at last nite's game he squared up several shots..the one that missed being a homer down the left field line was a rocket and the one to right was right at the wall...so I think he is back to seeing it well.
No choice, his defense is starting to be a plus, last nite especially. As Ozzie said, those were not only tough chances,but key plays at that time.
He just had a day off on Thursday, he is young, he is mentally tough...play him .

Word.

Ron Karkovice
08-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Cal Ripken Jr. would never concur.