PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Give Fans Special Offer During Labor Day Weekend

SoxComms
08-22-2009, 02:11 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WHITE SOX GIVE FANS SPECIAL OFFER DURING LABOR DAY WEEKEND
Holiday Weekend Series to Feature Specially Discounted Concessions

CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox will offer all fans attending the Labor Day weekend series vs. Boston (September 4 – September 7) specially discounted concession items.

“Our special offer is simply a ‘thank you’ from the organization to loyal White Sox fans,” said Brooks Boyer, White Sox chief marketing officer/vice president. “This series also is a great way for fans and families to close out their summer with a mini-vacation, or ‘stay-cation,’ at the ballpark.”

The four-game series serves as an affordable entertainment option for those choosing to stay in the Chicagoland-area through the holiday weekend. The specially priced concession menu includes:

· $1 Ball Park Franks
· $3 Vienna Beef Premium Hot Dogs
· $1 Pretzels
· $1 Small Fountain Pepsi Products
· $1 Potato Chips

Tickets for all four of the White Sox games vs. Boston are available at whitesox.com, by calling 866-SOX-GAME and at the U.S. Cellular Field ticket office.

-30-
© 2009 Chicago White Sox

chisox12
08-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Too bad there's no special on beer.

ChiSoxGirl
08-22-2009, 03:17 PM
I heard a commercial for this "White Sox Staycation" the other day on the Score. I say props to the organization for recognizing the tough state of the economy, and rewarding the fans who'll go through the turnstiles for the series against Boston in this way. For a family of four, those discounts could really add up!

illinifan1368
08-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Don't people have to be at the game to buy concessions??? Ticket prices are still a joke.

chisoxfanatic
08-22-2009, 03:23 PM
I save money at every game, because I bring my own food to most games. Yesterday, I brought strawberries, broccoli, carrots, a granola bar, and a turkey sandwich I made. I did buy 1 beer, but that's it.

MarySwiss
08-22-2009, 03:25 PM
I heard a commercial for this "White Sox Staycation" the other day on the Score. I say props to the organization for recognizing the tough state of the economy, and rewarding the fans who'll go through the turnstiles for the series against Boston in this way. For a family of four, those discounts could really add up!
I agree wholeheartedly, Jen. This is especially cool when you consider that it's a holiday weekend series against Boston, not some midweek series against a team that's out of the running. Good for them! :D:

balke
08-22-2009, 03:26 PM
I would raise prices seeing how 80 percent of the people there will be Red Sox fans. Not a knock on the White Sox fans, just me hating how the Red Sox fans travel in swarms.

ChicagoG19
08-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Don't people have to be at the game to buy concessions??? Ticket prices are still a joke.

Agreed. They should consider discounting tickets for the rest of the season and do away with premium prices on the weekends. $33 bucks for upper tank seat against Baltimore is crazy.

Lundind1
08-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Agreed. They should consider discounting tickets for the rest of the season and do away with premium prices on the weekends. $33 bucks for upper tank seat against Baltimore is crazy.

Where does that leave me, the season ticket holder. If I can't make it to a game, I can't sell em. It PO'ed a ton of STH for the Hawks a few years ago when they gave tickets away to the games on ticketmaster. I have value that I want to protect in my tickets if I don't utilize them. Plus the team is still in contention.

If they really discounted them for all games, I'd tell them to shove the big bill I get every year and get bears tickets or something with value every time.

chisoxfanatic
08-22-2009, 04:03 PM
I would raise prices seeing how 80 percent of the people there will be Red Sox fans. Not a knock on the White Sox fans, just me hating how the Red Sox fans travel in swarms.
They should just double the prices for those dressed in Red Sox gear.

illinifan1368
08-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Where does that leave me, the season ticket holder. If I can't make it to a game, I can't sell em. It PO'ed a ton of STH for the Hawks a few years ago when they gave tickets away to the games on ticketmaster. I have value that I want to protect in my tickets if I don't utilize them. Plus the team is still in contention.

If they really discounted them for all games, I'd tell them to shove the big bill I get every year and get bears tickets or something with value every time.
You can honestly sell them anyways? There is tons of unsold tickets at the box office and on stubhub. But this goes back to the off season when the marketing department had their heads up their collective ass. Elvis Night wasn't even sold out! That's when you know prices are BS. Thumbs way down to Brooks and company.

And I'm not going to pay $48 plus 4.75 "convenience fees" per ticket to get the opportunity at a $1 tube of ground chicken, pork, and turkey on a bun.

Lundind1
08-22-2009, 04:40 PM
You can honestly sell them anyways? There is tons of unsold tickets at the box office and on stubhub. But this goes back to the off season when the marketing department had their heads up their collective ass. Elvis Night wasn't even sold out! That's when you know prices are BS. Thumbs way down to Brooks and company.

And I'm not going to pay $48 plus 4.75 "convenience fees" per ticket to get the opportunity at a $1 tube of ground chicken, pork, and turkey on a bun.

I have been able to sell them just fine. I am in the upper deck right behind homeplate. Those are some of the best seats in the house. I normally sell them for face. It would be nice to protect the real season ticket holders, not the "investors".

SOXfnNlansing
08-22-2009, 04:41 PM

I agree. Besides that, I bring my own food to the park because of the large overhead of paying for 3 people's tickets and parking. Why would anyone think $1 chips are a bargain when you can bring your own bags in?

I guess it is a small gesture on their part to try and fill up the park over Labor Day weekend. 1/2 price parking and $3 beer would fill up the park.

Lundind1
08-22-2009, 04:42 PM
I agree. Besides that, I bring my own food to the park because of the large overhead of paying for 3 people's tickets and parking. Why would anyone think $1 chips are a bargain when you can bring your own bags in?

I guess it is a small gesture on their part to try and fill up the park over Labor Day weekend. 1/2 price parking and $3 beer would fill up the park.

I am all for the $3 beer. That is a steal compared to what it is now.

dickallen15
08-22-2009, 04:47 PM

While I would be for $3 beer. I understand why its not done.

SOXfnNlansing
08-22-2009, 04:48 PM
We are leaving for tonight's game in 15 minutes. My wife made 3 hamburgers, 5 hot dogs, 2 bags of popcorn, and packed 3 water bottles. When we get to the park, we sign up for designated driver program and get 2 free pops.

I think the 'lower' priced food and drink items they are offering is to attract the casual fan who goes to 1 or 2 games a year. It's a good idea they have. I just wish they'd throw a bone to someone who pays for 30-35 games a year instead of wanting $1200 up front by September 2nd for what looks probably like a second place finish.