PDA

View Full Version : Interleauge Play-Good or Bad

DrWatson27
06-07-2002, 03:45 PM
With interleague play starting today I'm wondering what you all think about it. Good, bad or indifferent and why do you feel this way?

delben91
06-07-2002, 03:49 PM
I enjoy the prospect of playing the cubs, and if in the deal we have to play other NL teams too, that's fine. The problem I have with this year is that all the AL central teams don't play the same NL teams, and that unbalances the schedule, perhaps only slightly, but nonetheless. Granted, if we're playing like we have the past 3 series, it doesn't matter who we're playing.....

DrWatson27
06-07-2002, 03:55 PM
My opinion-get rid of it. It was a gimmick to get people in the ballpark, and for the exception of a few matchups it doesn't make a difference. The biggest problem that I have is the unfairness involved. I feel it is unfair because, for example, The Yankees could get to play the Phillies and the Expos while the Red Sox could have to play the Braves and Mets. I know this is an exaggeration but you can see the unfairness that interleague play can cause. On top of that I feel it takes away from the World Series a little bit.

KingXerxes
06-07-2002, 04:03 PM
I wish they would put interleague play in a lead box, and put the designated hitter rule in there to keep it company and send them both down to a watery grave in an unmarked location in the Pacific Ocean.

foulkesfan11
06-07-2002, 04:10 PM
It's kind of nice to see teams that we don't play all of the time, but I hate the whole contoversy over the DH sitting out when we're in their ballparks. I say scrap it.

StanBahnsen
06-07-2002, 04:58 PM
Outside of a few matchups, mostly intra-city games, this concept has run its course and should be retired.

kevingrt
06-07-2002, 05:34 PM
I comes down to who would you like to see at the ballpark more? The Yankees, Bo Sox, A's, M's, and many others. Or would you like to see the Mets, Phillies, and teams like the Expos.

That is why I say TRASH IT!

Cubs are okay but who needs them?

Jerry_Manuel
06-07-2002, 06:27 PM
I love it.

I'm already tired of seeing Cleveland and Kansas City.