PDA

View Full Version : BA sent back to Pawtucket...discuss

jabrch
08-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Never had a chance...

kittle42
08-21-2009, 03:30 PM
This will get Roadhoused.

I will say that I hate to see the career of such a promising player get ruined by the Red Sox organization. Clearly, they have no eye for talent, which explains their track record of poor results.

Seriously, though, it's a shame ID's Friday has been ruined.

CLR01
08-21-2009, 03:33 PM
At keast the haters are on top of things. So much for not caring anymore.

thomas35forever
08-21-2009, 03:34 PM
I didn't even know he was called up. Shows you how much I stopped caring about him after he was traded.

It's Dankerific
08-21-2009, 03:36 PM

Exactly. Since this is a negative BA thread, I'm sure a lot more people will be excited.

Its not like he didn't do what he was asked. 3 games, a couple good catches, a hit one day and and RBI the next, pinch ran a run last night.

I'm sure he'll be back up after Sept 1, when the time limit expires.

WhiteSox1989
08-21-2009, 03:37 PM
I do wish Brian could play for a team as an everyday player. But the being in the Red Sox organization is not the place to do that.

I wish him well though.

It's Dankerific

Thanks for thinking of me =)

Chez
Too bad for B.A. I'm sure he would have loved to have been in the Red Sox dug-out next week when we play at Fenway.

Domeshot17
08-21-2009, 03:39 PM
My GUESS is Boston called him up for the week to get him eligible for the playoff roster. He'll be back in 10 days or so.

kittle42
08-21-2009, 03:40 PM

It used to be maddening. Now it's just fun!

It's Dankerific
08-21-2009, 03:40 PM
My GUESS is Boston called him up for the week to get him eligible for the playoff roster. He'll be back in 10 days or so.

I was thinking the same thing =) Then, he can be around in September and be great insurance if one of their main guys goes down.

kittle42
08-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Too bad for B.A. I'm sure he would have loved to have been in the Red Sox dug-out next week when we play at Fenway.

I would have loved to see him there, too, and would have hoped he started every game.

WhiteSox1989
08-21-2009, 03:42 PM
LOL He would have LOVED it. I remember he was having so much fun when the Twins came to Chicago.

DumpJerry
08-21-2009, 03:43 PM
He was sent down because the White Sox are coming to town next week and they know his weak points.

gobears1987
08-21-2009, 03:44 PM
FOBAAA's are crying everywhere.

I don't hate him, but his fans just invite it. I actually respect what he said after he left the Sox. He knew he was given shots and that he didn't take advantage of them. Perhaps he can be an everyday outfielder for a AAA club like the Pittsburgh Pirates or Washington Nationals. His only spot on a contender would be as 4th or 5th OF. I have a feeling KW knew Rios would be available when he traded BA.

CLR01
08-21-2009, 03:44 PM

Doesn't he have to be on the roster or on the DL as of Aug 31st to be eligible for post season play?

It's Dankerific
08-21-2009, 03:45 PM
He was sent down because the White Sox are coming to town next week and they know his weak points.

Perhaps he's the one guy that Ozzie would be willing to throw at.

WhiteSox1989
08-21-2009, 03:46 PM

I don't hate him, but his fans just invite it. I actually respect what he said after he left the Sox. He knew he was given shots and that he didn't take advantage of them. Perhaps he can be an everyday outfielder for a AAA club like the Pittsburgh Pirates or Washington Nationals. His only spot on a contender would be as 4th or 5th OF. I have a feeling KW knew Rios would be available when he traded BA.
You just summed up how I feel about Anderson. I like him, and want him to succeed, but it won't happen unless he's on a crappy NL team.

gobears1987
08-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Perhaps he's the one guy that Ozzie would be willing to throw at.:rolleyes:

This is why FOBAs ****ing piss me off. His extremist supporters always use BA as a tool to attack Ozzie. Seriously, it is getting old and is just annoying. I'm sure Terry Francona sent BA down because BA is white. Afterall, that's the same crap spewed by (some) FOBAs when Ozzie started other people over BA. Ozzie isn't the reason BA never developed into an every day CF. BA is the reason, and he said as much in the press.

I said it a month ago in the thread when BA was sent down and I'll say it again: IN OZZIE AND KENNY I TRUST. They saw something we didn't over the years and that is what governed their decisions.

kittle42
08-21-2009, 03:49 PM
You just summed up how I feel about Anderson. I like him, and want him to succeed, but it won't happen unless he's on a crappy NL team.

[Thread hijack]

You know, I used to call bull**** all the time on people who acted like the NL was some kind of majorly inferior baseball to the AL, but look at Cliff Lee and C.C. Sabathia in the past two seasons - their numbers have been disgustingly good after the switch to the NL.

It's Dankerific
08-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Is there a link for this "news"? Its not on the red sox site.

Also, there are different rules if they are replacing people on the DL. Apparently if he were to replace an OF who is hurt, he'd be alright. but he wouldn't have had to have been called up at all.

getonbckthr
08-21-2009, 03:51 PM
The Florida Marlins also sent Cristhian Martinez back to the minors. FOCM where you at now?
Seriously the Anderson obsession needs to stop on both ends. Its nauseating.

hi im skot
08-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Perhaps he's the one guy that Ozzie would be willing to throw at.

:rolleyes:

Right on the money, gobears. Perfectly good time to break this out:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/eyeroll.gif

Hitmen77
08-21-2009, 03:53 PM
I heard that BA had a run in with Terry Francona's son.

asindc
08-21-2009, 03:58 PM
I think this proves that Francona is biased against BA because he is white.

It's Dankerific
08-21-2009, 04:09 PM
STILL haven't found corroborating story. Looked at : Redsox.com, Mlb.com, Espn.com

DumpJerry
08-21-2009, 04:12 PM
STILL haven't found corroborating story. Looked at : Redsox.com, Mlb.com, Espn.com
Until a link or solid confirmation is posted, this will go to WTS.

kittle42
08-21-2009, 04:13 PM

Call Anderson - don't you have him on speed dial? :D:

spawn
08-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Good luck BA. I hope you do well.

Are we going to start threads now whenever BA gets called up, sent down, takes a ****, wipes his ass, etc? He's gone. He's not in the White Sox system anymore. Can we please just move on?

It's Dankerific
08-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Call Anderson - don't you have him on speed dial? :D:

Thats what I'm saying. he WOULD HAVE TOLD ME! :D:

Big D
08-21-2009, 04:18 PM

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2009/08/sox_recall_bowd.html

DumpJerry
08-21-2009, 04:20 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2009/08/sox_recall_bowd.html
Ok, back to talking baseball.......

But seriouly folks, are we going to discuss every AAA promotion and demotion a MLB player gets? BA is not White Sox property any more, why the attention?

illinifan1368
08-21-2009, 04:21 PM
:rolleyes:

This is why FOBAs ****ing piss me off. His extremist supporters always use BA as a tool to attack Ozzie. Seriously, it is getting old and is just annoying. I'm sure Terry Francona sent BA down because BA is white. Afterall, that's the same crap spewed by (some) FOBAs when Ozzie started other people over BA. Ozzie isn't the reason BA never developed into an every day CF. BA is the reason, and he said as much in the press.

I said it a month ago in the thread when BA was sent down and I'll say it again: IN OZZIE AND KENNY I TRUST. They saw something we didn't over the years and that is what governed their decisions.

If you see BA's name in the thread title, don't click on it and you won't get pissed off.

Hitmen77
08-21-2009, 04:21 PM
I think this proves that Francona is biased against BA because he is white.

There you go. Francona wants Baldelli over Anderson because he's Italian.

It's Dankerific
08-21-2009, 04:24 PM
This is again laughable. We all knew the OF logjam in Boston. Its not surprising that Baldelli gets the recall of the DL.

Being blocked by Ellsbury, Drew, Bay and Baldelli not exactly the same as being blocked by Wise, Owens, Erstad and Nix.

DumpJerry
08-21-2009, 04:29 PM
This is again laughable. We all knew the OF logjam in Boston. Its not surprising that Baldelli gets the recall of the DL.

Being blocked by Ellsbury, Drew, Bay and Baldelli not exactly the same as being blocked by Wise, Owens, Erstad and Nix.
Ummm....newsflash:

In 2009, there was no Erstad on the team. Owens was not, either. Nix is used primarily for the middle infield. That leaves Wise. Your hypothesis is taking on water......

oeo
08-21-2009, 04:30 PM

Calling him up for a week would do nothing to make him postseason eligible. He could still be substituted for an injured player, but you only have to be in the organization on August 31st.

It's Dankerific
08-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Ummm....newsflash:

In 2009, there was no Erstad on the team. Owens was not, either. Nix is used primarily for the middle infield. That leaves Wise. Your hypothesis is taking on water......

What are you talking about? He was blocked in ST by the great tandem of Wise and Owens. Nix was playing LF while Brian needed to "rehab". And that Erstad **** is still applicable.

why? because we are talking about who has blocked Brian in the White Sox system and who is blocking him in the Red Sox system. Take whatever time period you want. Just being blocked by Wise (who they needed to keep 6 OUTFIELDERS FOR) is a stark contrast to being blocked by the Red Sox OF players.

doublem23
08-21-2009, 04:33 PM

Yeah, throw the ball over the plate.

Zing!

DumpJerry
08-21-2009, 04:34 PM
yeah, throw the ball over the plate.

Zing!
potw!

kittle42
08-21-2009, 04:34 PM

There are so many holes in this I don't know where to start.

illinifan1368
08-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Yeah, throw the ball over the plate.

Zing!
:scratch: I always thought it was throw it in the dirt.

kittle42
08-21-2009, 04:35 PM
What are you talking about? He was blocked in ST by the great tandem of Wise and Owens. Nix was playing LF while Brian needed to "rehab". And that Erstad **** is still applicable.

why? because we are talking about who has blocked Brian in the White Sox system and who is blocking him in the Red Sox system. Take whatever time period you want. Just being blocked by Wise (who they needed to keep 6 OUTFIELDERS FOR) is a stark contrast to being blocked by the Red Sox OF players.

You whine more than Anderson and Fields requesting trades.

HomeFish
08-21-2009, 04:36 PM
I find it deliciously ironic that BA, after complaining about not getting starting time in Chicago, got traded to a team with even less need for a mediocre outfielder in their lineup.

Props to KW if this is on purpose.

kittle42
08-21-2009, 04:36 PM
I got way too wrapped up in this stuff while Anderson was on the Sox or at least in the Sox system. It would occasionally send me into fits of rage how ridiculous the FOBA were. I just couldn't ignore it.

Now, this **** is hysterical.

It's Dankerific
08-21-2009, 04:37 PM
You whine more than Anderson and Fields requesting trades.

Maybe Brian should fake injuries too.

BadBobbyJenks
08-21-2009, 04:37 PM
This will get Roadhoused.

I will say that I hate to see the career of such a promising player get ruined by the Red Sox organization. Clearly, they have no eye for talent, which explains their track record of poor results.

Amazing that you were the first to post in this.

kittle42
08-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Amazing that you were the first to post in this.

I have no shame about it. My enjoyment with rattling the FOBAs may be worse than their obsession with Anderson!

doublem23
08-21-2009, 04:40 PM
:scratch: I always thought it was throw it in the dirt.

Why run the risk of walking a guy who can't hit?

illinifan1368
08-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Maybe Brian should fake injuries too.
We all know Wise sucks. But BA wouldn't be on this team now anyways with Rios now on the roster.

illinifan1368
08-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Why run the risk of walking a guy who can't hit?
He wasn't bad at pitches in the zone. It was the curves and sliders that killed him.

BadBobbyJenks
08-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I have no shame about it. My enjoyment with rattling the FOBAs may be worse than their obsession with Anderson!

LOL, as long as you can admit it. Funny that others will come in and say when will the FOBAs just let this die(they may have already) In reality if nobody came in to ruffle their feathers this would be at the bottom of the page in no time.

SoxSpeed22
08-21-2009, 04:44 PM
https://www.telltalegames.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=240&pictureid=1541
"Meh!"

kittle42
08-21-2009, 04:45 PM
LOL, as long as you can admit it. Funny that others will come in and say when will the FOBAs just let this die(they may have already) In reality if nobody came in to ruffle their feathers this would be at the bottom of the page in no time.

That's very likely true. Guess I should have waited for ID to post so they could have continued that argument.

c est la vie!

illinifan1368
08-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Exactly. Everyone, especially voodoo, complain about the BA "crap" on these boards, but if they didn't stir the pot, none of it would exist.

doublem23
08-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Exactly. Everyone, especially voodoo, complain about the BA "crap" on these boards, but if they didn't stir the pot, none of it would exist.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

illinifan1368
08-21-2009, 04:54 PM
I dare you to try it.

BadBobbyJenks
08-21-2009, 05:07 PM
I dare you to try it.

There in lies the problem, we will never be able to execute the experiment, because the antagonists cant help themselves.

JB98
08-21-2009, 05:11 PM
:whocares

doublem23
08-21-2009, 05:12 PM
There in lies the problem, we will never be able to execute the experiment, because the antagonists cant help themselves.

Yeah, it's definitely a 1-sided argument.

:nuts:

Tragg
08-21-2009, 05:13 PM

A little hyperbole in what he says, but not that much. A few of the mods do a lot of the pot-stirring and then scold for having to road-house, and then scold again for having to close a thread that they road-housed.

BadBobbyJenks
08-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah, it's definitely a 1-sided argument.

:nuts:

Come on Doub, it is the same argument over and over. If no one jumped in to stir the pot with the "FOBAs" where could the thread possibly go?

voodoochile
08-21-2009, 05:20 PM

I haven't even posted in this thread and wasn't planning to until people started calling me out for antagonizing others.

You two need to look in the mirror...

BadBobbyJenks
08-21-2009, 05:20 PM
I haven't even posted in this thread and wasn't planning to until people started calling me out for antagonizing others.

You two need to look in the mirror...

Where did I call you out bud?

voodoochile
08-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Where did I call you out bud?

You agreed with the poster who called me out. In short you were attempting to justify your stance by antagonizing the "antagonists". This ball swings both ways. If people would ignore the "antagonists" this thread would die too.

You feed the trolls, you can't complain when the thread deteriorates.

Edit: Basically, you seem to have an overdeveloped sense of rushing to the rescue every time anyone says anything that you perceive to be an injustice. I notice you haven't done anything in this thread but hammer other posters for their negative position on BA.

BadBobbyJenks
08-21-2009, 05:26 PM
You agreed with the poster who called me out. In short you were attempting to justify your stance by antagonizing the "antagonists". This ball swings both ways. If people would ignore the "antagonists" this thread would die too.

I was talking about anyone who enters these threads just to get a rise out of people. So sorry if you thought I was singling you out. It really was not my intent.

You feed the trolls, you can't complain when the thread deteriorates.

Haha, OK.

voodoochile
08-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Allow me to summarize...

WSIPoster#1: BA sucks
WSIPoster#2: Does not
WSIPoster#1: Does too. I'm glad he's in AAA.
WSIPoster#2: Well I still like him and I think you're just a hater.
WSIPoster#1: Not a hater but you're a FOBA
WSIPoster#3: I agree with #1. He's dead on and cracks me up.
WSIPoster#4: Why do people feel the need to antagonize the BA fans?
WSIPoster#3: Because he sucks... HAHAHAHA!
WSIPoster#5: It's the mods who do most of the antagonizing. Then they Roadhouse the thread afterwards.
WSIMod: This is pretty pointless and it sucks that I'm not allowed to have opinions on this topic.
WSIPoster#1: You tell 'em, WSIMod.
WSIPoster#2: All you hater suck.
WSIMod: Okay, that does it, off to the roadhouse.
WSIPoster#5: See?

BadBobbyJenks
08-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Allow me to summarize...

WSIPoster#1: BA sucks
WSIPoster#2: Does not
WSIPoster#1: Does too. I'm glad he's in AAA.
WSIPoster#2: Well I still like him and I think you're just a hater.
WSIPoster#1: Not a hater but you're a FOBA
WSIPoster#3: I agree with #1. He's dead on and cracks me up.
WSIPoster#4: Why do people feel the need to antagonize the BA fans?
WSIPoster#3: Because he sucks... HAHAHAHA!
WSIPoster#5: It's the mods who do most of the antagonizing. Then they Roadhouse the thread afterwards.
WSIMod: This is pretty pointless and it sucks that I'm not allowed to have opinions on this topic.
WSIPoster#1: You tell 'em, WSIMod.
WSIPoster#2: All you hater suck.
WSIMod: Okay, that does it, off to the roadhouse.
WSIPoster#5: See?

That is pretty funny, but not what happened here.

Domeshot17
08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
If the FOBA posts are pointless, so is every tealed post mocking the racist stuff. I also would tend to agree,although not by Voodoo, but there is an incredibly high amount of pot stirring then finger pointing done.

slavko
08-21-2009, 06:41 PM
I think of WSI as time well wasted. Now I'm not so sure.

jabrch
08-21-2009, 07:05 PM

Hitting?

Frater Perdurabo
08-21-2009, 07:36 PM

:dtroll:

Frater Perdurabo
08-21-2009, 07:50 PM
This thread is a complete joke. Will the incessant anti-FOBA trolling ever stop? :waiting:

Johnny Mostil
08-21-2009, 09:17 PM
I got way too wrapped up in this stuff while Anderson was on the Sox or at least in the Sox system. It would occasionally send me into fits of rage how ridiculous the FOBA were. I just couldn't ignore it.

Now, this **** is hysterical.

Evidently you still can't . . .

CLR01
08-21-2009, 09:48 PM
This thread is a complete joke. Will the incessant anti-FOBA trolling ever stop? :waiting:

No, some people just have a massive jones for BA. I get it.

The FOBA sure are ruining this site I tell ya. This thread proves it again!

doublem23
08-21-2009, 10:45 PM
The FOBA sure are ruining this site I eill ya. This thread proves it again!

If you guys would just take your lumps without putting up a fight, none of this would be necessary.

:neener:

CLR01
08-21-2009, 10:51 PM
If you guys would just take your lumps without putting up a fight, none of this would be necessary.

:neener:

**** I edited that twice and still managed to screw it up.