PDA

View Full Version : Milton Bradley no longer dumbest player of 2009

DumpJerry
08-21-2009, 02:46 PM
This (http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?affiliateId=CommentWidget&affiliateId=facebook_share&content_id=6207669) tops Bradley's two out toss into the stands.

DumpJerry
08-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Blue-Jays-pitcher-Brett-Cecil-makes-all-time-bon?urn=mlb,184296) has a story on it. This could become his lasting legacy....

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Wow.....when I first read it I truly thought it was a joke.

MarkZ35
08-21-2009, 04:21 PM
I think the pitcher thought it was a timeout because the ump had lifted up his mask. Still very stupid

Big D
08-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't know, Bradley has a career's worth of stupidity, both on and off the field. Cecil has a long way to go to compete with him.

DumpJerry
08-21-2009, 04:23 PM
I don't know, Bradley has a career's worth of stupidity, both on and off the field. Cecil has a long way to go to compete with him.
Cecil is a rookie....give him time.:tongue:

illinifan1368
08-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Cecil is a rookie....give him time.:tongue:
Which makes this somewhat understandable...Bradley has him beat.

DumpJerry
08-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Well, as the title of this thread indicates, this is for 2009, not career.

Bradley is among the Top Five for the career title.

TDog
08-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Well, as the title of this thread indicates, this is for 2009, not career.

Bradley is among the Top Five for the career title.

But neither was mistake was so egregious as to be career-ending.

Todd Fischer, a rookie pitcher for the California Angels in 1986, cam up from AAA Edmonton at the end of May. In his ninth major league game on July 10, he took the mound with runners on second and third and two outs. The Angels had taken a three-run lead in the top of the inning, but the Red Sox had tied it after two of the first three hitters were retired.

Fischer finished his warmup tosses and as he set himself to throw his first pitch, he balked in the winning run. He never pitched in another major league game. The Angels sent him back to Edmonton, where he had been successful in the spring, but he lost his control. Things got worse in Edmonton in 1987 before he quit the game.

DumpJerry
08-22-2009, 12:08 AM
But neither was mistake was so egregious as to be career-ending.

Todd Fischer, a rookie pitcher for the California Angels in 1986, cam up from AAA Edmonton at the end of May. In his ninth major league game on July 10, he took the mound with runners on second and third and two outs. The Angels had taken a three-run lead in the top of the inning, but the Red Sox had tied it after two of the first three hitters were retired.

Fischer finished his warmup tosses and as he set himself to throw his first pitch, he balked in the winning run. He never pitched in another major league game. The Angels sent him back to Edmonton, where he had been successful in the spring, but he lost his control. Things got worse in Edmonton in 1987 before he quit the game.
There are days I think this post should be pinned to the bulletin board in the Sox' clubhouse.