PDA

View Full Version : Worst rendition of "God Bless America" at Dodgers game

JermaineDye05
08-20-2009, 04:20 PM
I heard this earlier on Boers and Bernstein. I decided to see if it was up on youtube and luckily it was. The reaction of the players is great.

This is from the Cardinals-Dodgers game earlier this week.

97rfjgGHr8A

kittle42
08-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Aw, I thought it would be much worse than that. It was only one verse completely flubbed - of course, that's like 33% of the song!

JermaineDye05
08-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Mods, I just realized there is some bad language on the video. I don't know if the language filter applies to videos or not. If they do, I apologize and will take the video down if need be.

FloridaTigers
08-20-2009, 04:45 PM
It wasn't a BAD version of it. I'm just tired of hearing it baseball games. It is the saddest sounding "patriotic" song in the world. Its like every 7th inning stretch is 9/11 all over again.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Aw, I thought it would be much worse than that. It was only one verse completely flubbed - of course, that's like 33% of the song!

It wasn't just the flubbed verse. Her singing was off. Hitting the high notes did not work for her.

She needs a microphone with built in auto-tune.

TheVulture
08-20-2009, 06:17 PM

It was completely off key!

TornLabrum
08-20-2009, 06:53 PM
I heard a gal at a Jackhammers game last week sing the National Anthem in at least three different keys. A few years back my son and I were at a 'Hammers game where another gal sang it in at least five different keys, at one point modulating down to a lower key even as she sang a capella.

You have to go to Jackhammers games to really find bad singing.

Which reminds me, why do all of these people from Joliet sing with southern accents?

Which reminds me of something else: The word is not peroless. It's perilous.

BadBobbyJenks
08-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Different tune, but this is the worst rendition of any of the songs about America.

a7c2lC9JlJo

The Immigrant
08-20-2009, 07:06 PM
How soon we forget the immortal Carl Lewis:

HJLvCM4j2mg

soxfanreggie
08-20-2009, 07:26 PM
At one point I thought she was just screaming into the microphone. I don't know who that is, but I did not like the job she did.

BBJ, at my Inauguration, I just plan on having Nancy Faust :D:

Madvora
08-20-2009, 07:28 PM
How soon we forget the immortal Carl Lewis:

HJLvCM4j2mg
Oh my God! I've never heard of that before.

EDIT - I didn't realize that was spliced together. I thought he was just jumping around like that.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Which reminds me, why do all of these people from Joliet sing with southern accents?

:rolling: I used to work for US*99 here in Chicago and would wonder the same thing when I'd hear people speak in Joliet and in Northwest Indiana.

chisoxfanatic
08-20-2009, 08:40 PM
:rolling: I used to work for US*99 here in Chicago and would wonder the same thing when I'd hear people speak in Joliet and in Northwest Indiana.
I student taught in Wilmington and noticed a ton of people speaking like that as well.

MarkZ35
08-20-2009, 09:46 PM
The girl singing at the Dodgers game is probably the daugther of some millionaire. She probably didn't have to do an audition for the Dodgers because daddy has some kind of sponsorship with the team. I bet it is something along those lines.

skobabe8
08-20-2009, 09:50 PM
The girl singing at the Dodgers game is probably the daugther of some millionaire. She probably didn't have to do an audition for the Dodgers because daddy has some kind of sponsorship with the team. I bet it is something along those lines.

Or some singer wannabee who thought the best career move would be to move to LA. so she could be 'discovered.'

That being said, I thought it was going to be alot worse.

TornLabrum
08-20-2009, 10:48 PM
I student taught in Wilmington and noticed a ton of people speaking like that as well.

Well, there are stories around the area that give a reason for that.

LoveYourSuit
08-20-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't see that rendition being all that bad.

Tuesday night at the Sox game, some gospel band did the national anthem. It was one of the worst I have heard in person.

white sox bill
08-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Well it wasn't a total trainwreck. At least she was somewhat attractive.

sas1974
08-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Or some singer wannabee who thought the best career move would be to move to LA. so she could be 'discovered.'

That being said, I thought it was going to be alot worse.

Whatever the case may be, she can go back to waiting tables now.

kittle42
08-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Well it wasn't a total trainwreck. At least she was somewhat attractive.

Oh, for ****'s sake - not every ****ing thing involving a woman has to end up in someone commenting on how hot she is, does it?

white sox bill
08-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Oh, for ****'s sake - not every ****ing thing involving a woman has to end up in someone commenting on how hot she is, does it?
No I said attractive, not hot. Point being is that it buffers her less than perfect voice. Actually I've heard worse than her. Like myself singing :)

october23sp
08-21-2009, 02:29 PM
That's just awful. I prefer me some good old Take Me Out To The Ballgame.

chisox123
08-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Mods, I just realized there is some bad language on the video. I don't know if the language filter applies to videos or not. If they do, I apologize and will take the video down if need be.

Suck up