PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Holder Gift Box Has Arrived

palehosepub
08-20-2009, 01:30 PM
My came in the mail today, the usual leftover giveaways but also a real nice "dual bobblehead" doll set celebrating Konerko and Dye hitting 300 HRs. Included was a beach towel, miller lite bobble, mag schedules, posters, Sox drawstring bag etc.

hi im skot
08-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Oh man, I need that bobblehead!

GoGoCrede
08-20-2009, 02:17 PM
I'd love to see what that bobblehead looks like! Post pics!

DumpJerry
08-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Looking forward to the "etc."

No hats this year? This is the second year in a row we have not gotten a halfway to St. Pats hat in The Box.:angry:

palehosepub
08-20-2009, 03:38 PM
No hats,

Etc is calendars, UL trading cards, Sox notebook binder. The bobbleheads are nice, I am glad I got the Buerhrle poster too, not much else that I didnt already list.

DumpJerry
08-20-2009, 03:49 PM
They left out the kids XL jersey this year? What will I tell my nephew?

In the past, they wait until the season was over to send out the box. In 2007, they sent two boxes, one at mid season, one after the season.

grenda12
08-20-2009, 04:30 PM
My came in the mail today, the usual leftover giveaways but also a real nice "dual bobblehead" doll set celebrating Konerko and Dye hitting 300 HRs.

Post some pictures please.

SOXfnNlansing
08-20-2009, 05:15 PM
is that for full ST plan only? Last year I got a bbq grill :scratch:

BainesHOF
08-20-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm looking for a Konerko-Dye bobblehead. Perhaps we can work out a trade of some sort. I can be reached at salukidave@comcast.net.

Thanks,

Dave

MarkZ35
08-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Is there any times that the White Sox sell the ST holders bobbleheads? Like at the garage sale or any other events like that? I know that they are perks for the ST holders but I wasn't sure if they sold any extras that they may have had.

chisoxfanatic
08-20-2009, 08:02 PM
is that for full ST plan only? Last year I got a bbq grill :scratch:
This is not the same thing. This thread is talking about the box of promotional giveaways that is sent to all full season ticketholders.

I wonder when we'll get our annual gift and what it will be. I've already used the grill bag a few times to take some stuff to Hawks tailgates. It fits just enough stuff.

ChicagoHoosier
08-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Although it's not worth the price of a season ticket, I sure miss the year-end goodie-box they would send me. I have a few hats I never would have worn if not for this. Enjoy STH!!!

It's Dankerific
08-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Although it's not worth the price of a season ticket, I sure miss the year-end goodie-box they would send me. I have a few hats I never would have worn if not for this. Enjoy STH!!!

Last year was light on the hats, and this year sounds like it is too.

DumpJerry
08-20-2009, 10:44 PM
They used to stick 5 or more hats in the box. I miss them.....

ChiSoxGirl
08-20-2009, 11:07 PM
They used to stick 5 or more hats in the box. I miss them.....

Why? Your $5000 hat isn't enough? :wink:

DumpJerry
08-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Why? Your $5000 hat isn't enough? :wink:
I have two now. We got one this year with the Media guide with the 2008 AL Central champs logo.

ewokpelts
08-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Give the boxes to ALL st holders and then we'll talk.

I'm suprised they even sent out a box, considering that there's only 8 promo dates this year.

It's Dankerific
08-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Give the boxes to ALL st holders and then we'll talk.

That seems like a strange thing to say.

mrfourni
08-21-2009, 11:40 AM
My biggest issue with the Season ticket holder packages is that they only send one box per account. My group started out in 2006 with 2 tickets. We've since added 2 additional tickets yet we only get 1 box. We've tried to have the ticket package split up into two accounts, but they wouldn't let us do that either.

It's Dankerific
08-21-2009, 12:14 PM
My biggest issue with the Season ticket holder packages is that they only send one box per account. My group started out in 2006 with 2 tickets. We've since added 2 additional tickets yet we only get 1 box. We've tried to have the ticket package split up into two accounts, but they wouldn't let us do that either.

I agree that is bull****. =) It should be a box per pair. IMO.

It's Dankerific
08-21-2009, 12:14 PM

PS. Threaten to cancel if they don't split you. In this year/economy. You should be able to get what you want.

ewokpelts
08-21-2009, 04:57 PM
That seems like a strange thing to say.not really.

I spend as much if not more as a partial plan holder when you factor in groups and other products.

MarkZ35
08-21-2009, 05:20 PM
not really.

I spend as much if not more as a partial plan holder when you factor in groups and other products.
I agree with you. A smaller ticket plan of good seats can cost just as much as a full season of UD tickets.

It's Dankerific
08-21-2009, 07:13 PM
not really.

I agree with you. A smaller ticket plan of good seats can cost just as much as a full season of UD tickets.

Its just rewarding the people who are making sure a seat is filled almost every game, hopefully rooting for the team, regardless of cost of tickets. Similarly, they're more likely to be purchasing concessions/parking,etc.

parlaycard
08-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Its just rewarding the people who are making sure a seat is filled almost every game, hopefully rooting for the team, regardless of cost of tickets. Similarly, they're more likely to be purchasing concessions/parking,etc.

If this is the case, which is probably true, this is wrong.

Revenue is more important to the Sox, whether they want to admit it or not.

Theyd rather sell one ticket for $60 than 3 for $45 total.

Could someone please post a photo of the Dye Konerko bobblehead?

MarkZ35
08-21-2009, 10:21 PM
That's fair. I just think they should at least send the partial ST holders some of the giveaways that they can.

grenda12
08-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Could someone please post a photo of the Dye Konerko bobblehead?

Please!

jabrch
08-21-2009, 11:30 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet - when I do - I'll post photos.

DumpJerry
08-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Theyd rather sell one ticket for $60 than 3 for $45 total.
Opposite of true.

One person buys less concessions than three.

ewokpelts
08-22-2009, 01:50 AM
Its just rewarding the people who are making sure a seat is filled almost every game, hopefully rooting for the team, regardless of cost of tickets. Similarly, they're more likely to be purchasing concessions/parking,etc.I have a weekend plan in the bleachers. Almost every game is prime or premium. Thus, my 27 games end up being $900+ per seat. A full season UDR plan is what? 1300? not that much of a difference.

It's Dankerific
08-22-2009, 04:09 AM
That's fair. I just think they should at least send the partial ST holders some of the giveaways that they can.

No argument from me, a little extra seems fair.

I have a weekend plan in the bleachers. Almost every game is prime or premium. Thus, my 27 games end up being $900+ per seat. A full season UDR plan is what? 1300? not that much of a difference.

Again, I said rewarding having a seat filled for 81 games, not how much money it cost you to buy the tickets. Plus, you said yourself, the 81 game person is going to spend more at the park.

parlaycard
08-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Opposite of true.

One person buys less concessions than three.

i believe youre mistaken, you would hope 3 people would buy more, but that isnt always the case.

The White Sox are a business, they have your season ticket holder money in the bank, earning interest. this is guaranteed money.

Although they project how many hot dogs and beers they are going to sell, there are many variables that can influence the sale of concessions. These include weather and how well the team is playing. Many seats that are sold, go unused. Unfortunately people that dont use their tickets, cant buy beer at the game.

These variables dont come into play with the season ticket holders money. Because the Sox already have that money in the bank.

The Sox are most interested in banking as much guaranteed money as possible. Just like a football player wants as much guaranteed money as they can get come contract time. Because if he gets cut, he doesnt get paid his full contract in football.

The Sox can project 100% of season ticket holder money for anything, including player contracts. They can only project a portion of concession money.

Therefore the Sox care more about the guaranteed money, the 1 $60 ticket sold, than selling 3 $15 tickets. Plus the White Sox also understand that the person who buys the 1 $60 ticket will on average spend more on concessions than the person who spent $15.

Theres a reason that the items in the luxury suites are priced the way they are. (i know this is a bit outside the discussion) But im bringing it up to show that the person who spends more for a ticket will spend more on concessions. Have you seen the dessert cart there in the luxury suites? Do you know what they get for a carmel/pecan turtle? or a chocolate chip cookie? Domestic beer is $116 a case. A bottle ok Skyy vodka is $80 i believe. I think a dozen hot dogs are $60, you cant just order 3. If your box eats one, you paid $60 for that hot dog.

dickallen15
08-22-2009, 06:59 AM
i believe youre mistaken, you would hope 3 people would buy more, but that isnt always the case.

The White Sox are a business, they have your season ticket holder money in the bank, earning interest. this is guaranteed money.

Although they project how many hot dogs and beers they are going to sell, there are many variables that can influence the sale of concessions. These include weather and how well the team is playing. Many seats that are sold, go unused. Unfortunately people that dont use their tickets, cant buy beer at the game.

These variables dont come into play with the season ticket holders money. Because the Sox already have that money in the bank.

The Sox are most interested in banking as much guaranteed money as possible. Just like a football player wants as much guaranteed money as they can get come contract time. Because if he gets cut, he doesnt get paid his full contract in football.

The Sox can project 100% of season ticket holder money for anything, including player contracts. They can only project a portion of concession money.

Therefore the Sox care more about the guaranteed money, the 1 $60 ticket sold, than selling 3 $15 tickets. Plus the White Sox also understand that the person who buys the 1 $60 ticket will on average spend more on concessions than the person who spent $15.

Theres a reason that the items in the luxury suites are priced the way they are. (i know this is a bit outside the discussion) But im bringing it up to show that the person who spends more for a ticket will spend more on concessions. Have you seen the dessert cart there in the luxury suites? Do you know what they get for a carmel/pecan turtle? or a chocolate chip cookie? Domestic beer is $116 a case. A bottle ok Skyy vodka is $80 i believe. I think a dozen hot dogs are $60, you cant just order 3. If your box eats one, you paid $60 for that hot dog.

The average fan spends more on concessions and souveniers than the price of their ticket. Also, while under normal circumstances, teams do pick up some interest when sitting on season ticketholder money for several months, interest rates are near zero right now, and if you go to a game in July and pay $30 for a seat, by the time the Sox spend it, it really hasn't gained much interest. A $1,000,000 180 day t-bill, makes about $50 a week these days. So if the Sox had $50 million and they put it into a 6 month bill, they would make $2500 a week. About $62,500 total.

roylestillman
08-22-2009, 10:17 AM
When I signed up for the 27 game plan they told me the perks I would get. They delivered, I'm happy.

fox23
08-22-2009, 10:24 AM
When I signed up for the 27 game plan they told me the perks I would get. They delivered, I'm happy.

I'm with you. I've received everything I've been promised with my plan, and then some (first crack at extra postseason tickets last year). If we are only going by how much money people spend at the games in determining who gets a box of extra free crap, then my buddies and I should get a gold statue from the Sox for our food and beer consumption at the games!!

ewokpelts
08-22-2009, 10:32 AM
No argument from me, a little extra seems fair.

Again, I said rewarding having a seat filled for 81 games, not how much money it cost you to buy the tickets. Plus, you said yourself, the 81 game person is going to spend more at the park.Any st package is a major commitment

btw, the BULLS(a team jerry also owns and runs) send out goody boxes of all promo items to 11 game plans. a certain mr boyer was an employee of the bulls when that program was in effect(it still is, according to people i know that are bulls sths) and the bulls have MUCH more than 8 promo dates a year.

ewokpelts
08-22-2009, 10:33 AM
furthermore, a 27 game holder is typically a single fan(or family) buying the tix. most 81 packages are either corporations or ticket partnerships, where the per-person cost of "membership" is less.

fox23
08-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Any st package is a major commitment

btw, the BULLS(a team jerry also owns and runs) send out goody boxes of all promo items to 11 game plans. a certain mr boyer was an employee of the bulls when that program was in effect(it still is, according to people i know that are bulls sths) and the bulls have MUCH more than 8 promo dates a year.

Yes, but as a fellow Bulls season ticket holder, they also let us:

- get tickets before they go onsale to the public without any TM fees
- allow us first shot at some concerts at the UC
- allow us to decline purchasing playoff tickets without penalizing our season ticket status
- refund our playoff money if we choose without penalizing our season ticket status
- email our tickets to anyone free of charge

So it looks like there's no real carryover between the teams in their policies.

ewokpelts
08-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Yes, but as a fellow Bulls season ticket holder, they also let us:

- get tickets before they go onsale to the public without any TM fees
- allow us first shot at some concerts at the UC
- allow us to decline purchasing playoff tickets without penalizing our season ticket status
- refund our playoff money if we choose without penalizing our season ticket status
- email our tickets to anyone free of charge

So it looks like there's no real carryover between the teams in their policies.thanks for your support

fox23
08-22-2009, 10:50 AM
thanks for your support

Huh?

chisoxfanatic
08-22-2009, 03:08 PM
I actually had a discussion with my ticket rep about this on the phone yesterday, and he said that you actually can decline purchasing playoff tickets and still have time to decide if you want to renew for next season. You have until the first invoice is due to make your decision. He said that you have to make your decision by the time the postseason invoice is due only if you're choosing to purchase postseason tickets. That sounds a lot better than I was thinking all this time, and it seems much more reasonable.

DumpJerry
08-22-2009, 03:31 PM

There is a major flaw in your argument which undermines your entire premise:

The only $15.00 tickets are UD tickets on half priced-Monday. This season, there were six half-priced Mondays. You set up a complete strawman argument by creating non-existing price comparisons. I have a full season plan in the lower boxes. My most expensive regular season ticket is $46.00 (Premier games). That is a $6.00 discount from the Box Office price. All of my games are a $6.00 discount, except for half priced Mondays which are $32.00 (box office is $19.00).

I am not aware of any "$60.00" season tickets which are sold for $15.00 through the Box Office, so how does your argument hold water? It doesn't. The Sox do not have the opportunity to sell three $15.00 for an unsold $60 ticket. Also, your argument assumes three people in a seat instead of one.

The Sox calculate how much a person spends on average per game. Three people spend more than one, on average. It's really that simple. There are nothing but season seats around me. I rarely see vacant seats and I have not had to eat any games since 2007 (when I had to eat exactly two games), so the argument of unused season tickets is mostly myth and assumption.

What season tickets provide the Sox is a base amount of tickets sold per game and also lock in people who are extremely loyal customers. There are extremely loyal customers who are not season ticket holders for various reasons, but ST holders provide the Sox with a base to build their foundation.

Three tickets=more concession sales than one ticket.

parlaycard
08-22-2009, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=DumpJerry;2333218]There is a major flaw in your argument which undermines your entire premise:

The only $15.00 tickets are UD tickets on half priced-Monday. This season, there were six half-priced Mondays. You set up a complete strawman argument by creating non-existing price comparisons. I have a full season plan in the lower boxes. My most expensive regular season ticket is $46.00 (Premier games). That is a $6.00 discount from the Box Office price. All of my games are a $6.00 discount, except for half priced Mondays which are $32.00 (box office is $19.00).

The numbers i used and the dollar figures, were estimated. It is irrellevant whether to the discussion whether the exact figure of the cheapest ticket is $15, $25, or $8.

<<The Sox calculate how much a person spends on average per game. Three people spend more than one, on average. It's really that simple. There are nothing but season seats around me. I rarely see vacant seats and I have not had to eat any games since 2007 (when I had to eat exactly two games), so the argument of unused season tickets is mostly myth and assumption.>>

this is absolutely 100% not true. You can break it down by the number of hot dogs, beers and tshirts sold per game divided by the number of tickets sold to get your average, and thats fine. but especially in this economy, the people who are spending more for their tickets have more disposable income, on the average. their demographic spends quite a bit more than the fan who has the spent the least for their tickets.

If you are unaware of many unused seats, and you think this is a myth, you are uninformed. whether or not you personally use every game and always do, does not mean this is the case of all STH. Granted no one wants to pay for tickets they dont use, and no one wants to eat them, but the fact of the matter is there are plenty of unused tickets for every game, except in the case of those sitting in your specific vicinity at games i guess. Probably because you have continued to have season tickets for such a long time, which would mean you are seated with other season ticket holders who have had their tickets almost as long as you have. in otherwords very loyal consumers, who enjoy going to see every game. it is part of their family's routine. Check out ebay, stubhub and craigslist to see how many tickets get eaten on a nightly basis, not just for the sox but for every team in the league. good seats, season ticket holders seats unused on a daily basis. not $1 spent on concessions from those.

soxfanreggie
08-22-2009, 06:49 PM
but especially in this economy, the people who are spending more for their tickets have more disposable income, on the average. their demographic spends quite a bit more than the fan who has the spent the least for their tickets

Can you show me the study that proves this, that one person that spends more for their ticket spends more than three fans who buy discounted tickets? As someone who has assisted in sports management/sports marketing studies, this would be very, very hard to look at and draw concrete conclusions from. If I had to venture a guess, the three people would spend more than the one.

Brian26
08-22-2009, 08:01 PM
I actually had a discussion with my ticket rep about this on the phone yesterday, and he said that you actually can decline purchasing playoff tickets and still have time to decide if you want to renew for next season. You have until the first invoice is due to make your decision. He said that you have to make your decision by the time the postseason invoice is due only if you're choosing to purchase postseason tickets. That sounds a lot better than I was thinking all this time, and it seems much more reasonable.

Why would you decline playoff tickets and still keep your season tickets? The biggest perk of having season tickets is the chance to purchase postseason games without going to Stubhub for 10x the price.

soxfanreggie
08-22-2009, 08:26 PM
She might not have the money right now to buy them? It is a tough economy and it could just be the wrong time of the year to outlay the $$$. If I weren't away on assignment, I would probably give her the money to buy the post-season tickets and just have her pay me back when she goes to buy her season tickets for next year.

chisoxfanatic
08-22-2009, 10:17 PM
She might not have the money right now to buy them? It is a tough economy and it could just be the wrong time of the year to outlay the $$$. If I weren't away on assignment, I would probably give her the money to buy the post-season tickets and just have her pay me back when she goes to buy her season tickets for next year.

You hit the nail on the head. Unless I win the lottery, there is no way I will be able to meet the September 2nd deadline in a financially responsible manner. I like the fact that I have another few months to think about if I am able to renew. I still might not be able to renew.

And, I appreciate the thought as well! :smile:

MarkZ35
08-22-2009, 10:40 PM
If you are unaware of many unused seats, and you think this is a myth, you are uninformed. whether or not you personally use every game and always do, does not mean this is the case of all STH. Granted no one wants to pay for tickets they dont use, and no one wants to eat them, but the fact of the matter is there are plenty of unused tickets for every game, except in the case of those sitting in your specific vicinity at games i guess. Probably because you have continued to have season tickets for such a long time, which would mean you are seated with other season ticket holders who have had their tickets almost as long as you have. in otherwords very loyal consumers, who enjoy going to see every game. it is part of their family's routine. Check out ebay, stubhub and craigslist to see how many tickets get eaten on a nightly basis, not just for the sox but for every team in the league. good seats, season ticket holders seats unused on a daily basis. not $1 spent on concessions from those.
I imagine most fans with ST probably use almost all of their tickets but that is not the case for many company season tickets. Many times I have been able to go with buddies that they got from work very last minute because nobody was going to use them. One of my friends fathers company in particular has around 14 ST and many times he says that maybe only four of them are used for some games.

jabrch
08-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Why would you decline playoff tickets and still keep your season tickets? The biggest perk of having season tickets is the chance to purchase postseason games without going to Stubhub for 10x the price.

It is still a large cash outlay at this point in time. What I spent on my season tickets is a sunk cost. I need to come up with another big chunk of money for my post season tickets...if such thing even exists.

parlaycard
08-22-2009, 11:22 PM
here is a photo of the season ticket holder gift, it wanst a bobblehead.

DumpJerry
08-23-2009, 12:37 AM
[QUOTE=DumpJerry;2333218]There is a major flaw in your argument which undermines your entire premise:

The numbers i used and the dollar figures, were estimated. It is irrellevant whether to the discussion whether the exact figure of the cheapest ticket is $15, $25, or $8.

<<The Sox calculate how much a person spends on average per game. Three people spend more than one, on average. It's really that simple. There are nothing but season seats around me. I rarely see vacant seats and I have not had to eat any games since 2007 (when I had to eat exactly two games), so the argument of unused season tickets is mostly myth and assumption.>>

this is absolutely 100% not true. You can break it down by the number of hot dogs, beers and tshirts sold per game divided by the number of tickets sold to get your average, and thats fine. but especially in this economy, the people who are spending more for their tickets have more disposable income, on the average. their demographic spends quite a bit more than the fan who has the spent the least for their tickets.

Please learn how to use the quote function. This was a very hard post to read.

Having said that, you are not backing up your assertions with solid facts, just assumptions. I presented the actual prices of tickets to show how your assumptions are not based on reality. Show me the number that back up your assumptions. As easily as you make your assertions about who is spending what, I could just as easily say that the average attendee spends $85.00 on hot dogs alone per game and be just as grounded in reality as you.

grenda12
08-23-2009, 12:48 AM

Geez, I was really looking forward to it being a bobblehead not a couple of figures.

chisoxfanatic
08-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Is that the gift us 27-gamers will be getting, or was that in your big box?

DumpJerry
08-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Is that the gift us 27-gamers will be getting, or was that in your big box?
It appears (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2331678&postcount=1) to be in the box. The ST gift has not been received yet.

It's Dankerific
08-23-2009, 01:51 AM
I got a watch from the Sox about 2 weeks ago.

parlaycard
08-23-2009, 06:58 AM
[QUOTE=parlaycard;2333335]
Please learn how to use the quote function. This was a very hard post to read.

Having said that, you are not backing up your assertions with solid facts, just assumptions. I presented the actual prices of tickets to show how your assumptions are not based on reality. Show me the number that back up your assumptions. As easily as you make your assertions about who is spending what, I could just as easily say that the average attendee spends $85.00 on hot dogs alone per game and be just as grounded in reality as you.

The actual ticket prices, like i said, are irrelevant to the argument, whether the cheapest ticket is $1 or $20 is meaningless.

Just because you know EXACTLY what they are doesnt make you right and me wrong. These arent the facts which we are discussing.

But to respond to your point, i dont have the facts, but then neither do you. We are both stating our opinions. I just believe the it is not necessarily true that 3 cheaper tickets sold, buy more concessions than 1 expensive ticket that costs more than the 3 times the price of the 3 cheaper tickets combined.

If your average season ticket holder with the most expensive season ticket package wanted to buy a jersey at the game, what would you guess he would buy? Would he buy a White Sox t shirt jersey ($22), a replica jersey ($100), or an authentic jersey ($200+). Not what would you buy, what would the average STH with the most expensive STH package buy?

Cuck the Fubs
08-23-2009, 07:55 AM

Heather,

Was this verbal, or did you get it in writing? I'm in the same boat as you are...we're holding off till the 2nd to take the plunge, but we don't want to lose our seats. I think perhaps a phone call to my rep is in order Monday, but I'd like to have a little more info from you first so I can go in armed :cool:

dickallen15
08-23-2009, 08:13 AM

If, on Sept. 2 they are 8 games out, there would really be no reason to give them a free loan. I don't know anyone's situation, but it especially rings true if money is tight.

I'd rather not shell out the cash until I had to, but another way I look at it is if they don't make the playoffs, I'm nearly paid up for next year and I'm going to re-new anyway. I just don't like non-refundable part. What if something tragic happens to someone's finances? A loss of a job, a transfer, etc. It also gives them free reign to gouge the season ticketholder. The argument is its only $1-2 a game. Well, that starts adding up after a while. There's a good percentage of individuals and companies that don't have as much money to spend now that they had even a couple years ago. The White Sox should that in mind.

jabrch
08-23-2009, 08:46 AM
I haven't gotten my box yet. Am I the only one?

It's Dankerific
08-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Heather,

Was this verbal, or did you get it in writing? I'm in the same boat as you are...we're holding off till the 2nd to take the plunge, but we don't want to lose our seats. I think perhaps a phone call to my rep is in order Monday, but I'd like to have a little more info from you first so I can go in armed :cool:

This for sure. If you don't pay for the playoff tickets, you're on the normal schedule and can decide at the normal time in November when they invoice you. (Also have it in writing from my rep.)

If, on Sept. 2 they are 8 games out, there would really be no reason to give them a free loan. I don't know anyone's situation, but it especially rings true if money is tight.

I'd rather not shell out the cash until I had to, but another way I look at it is if they don't make the playoffs, I'm nearly paid up for next year and I'm going to re-new anyway. I just don't like non-refundable part. What if something tragic happens to someone's finances? A loss of a job, a transfer, etc. It also gives them free reign to gouge the season ticketholder. The argument is its only $1-2 a game. Well, that starts adding up after a while. There's a good percentage of individuals and companies that don't have as much money to spend now that they had even a couple years ago. The White Sox should that in mind.

That was my point to my rep that was ignored. His point is that if they refund the money, you'll just be invoiced for it a few weeks later. My point is that the difference between Sept and Nov can be huge, as we saw in the economy in 2008. Since playoff rights are my rights for THIS season, it shouldn't have anything to do with NEXT season.

No, I havent got a box, but I'm usually the last one since I'm further out.

kittle42
08-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Geez, I was really looking forward to it being a bobblehead not a couple of figures.

I was also disappointed that neither look anything like the players. Starting Lineup figures had more realism.

DumpJerry
08-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Nope. But the Scout Seat holder in my office has not gotten his yet, either. I think they schedule delivery by Zip Code.

chisoxfanatic
08-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Heather,

It was all verbal. I have nothing in writing.

It's Dankerific
08-23-2009, 01:39 PM
It was all verbal. I have nothing in writing.

If anyone has a problem with declining the playoff seats and then waiting till november, I will be happy to privately forward the email i have from my rep that is in writing.

The only time your tix are at risk is if you BOTH purchase the playoff tix AND request a refund.

Cuck the Fubs
08-23-2009, 01:41 PM
If anyone has a problem with declining the playoff seats and then waiting till november, I will be happy to privately forward the email i have from my rep that is in writing.

The only time your tix are at risk is if you BOTH purchase the playoff tix AND request a refund.

If you would be kind enough to forward that e mail along that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

ewokpelts
08-23-2009, 01:51 PM
You hit the nail on the head. Unless I win the lottery, there is no way I will be able to meet the September 2nd deadline in a financially responsible manner. I like the fact that I have another few months to think about if I am able to renew. I still might not be able to renew.

And, I appreciate the thought as well! :smile:I sell the indemand games, like the cubs series, at a amrkup. it essentially financed my postseason tickets(I paid $81 out of pocket).

ewokpelts
08-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Anyone who's thinking about declining postseason tix, PM me. I'll take them off your hands.

Steelrod
08-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Just got my box. Some cool stuff. It amazes me how people can complain about the quality or quantity of stuff they get for free!!
Find a neighborhood kid and give it to them. I promise you, they will appreciate it and you!

jabrch
08-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Just got my box. Some cool stuff. It amazes me how people can complain about the quality or quantity of stuff they get for free!!

It NEVER amazes me how much people can complain about anything.

It's Dankerific
08-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Find a neighborhood kid and give it to them. I promise you, they will appreciate it and you!

is the tree freshener "free" with the car wash, too?

ewokpelts
08-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Find a neighborhood kid and give it to them. I promise you, they will appreciate it and you!if they gave it to me, I'd have NO proplem with what's in it.