PDA

View Full Version : Jersey question

chet34lemon
08-20-2009, 02:08 AM
I just bought an authentic Buehrle black alternative jersey from mlbshop.com. The front number looks too high. It starts even with the o in Sox. Have they changed the jersey recently. I have a Hermanson jersey from 05' that I got at the garage sale. The number starts at the bottom of the S in Sox. From what I can tell in recent photos it hasn't changed. When you go to the mlbshop site it gives you a preview of the jersey. It is noticeably higher on the alternative jersey than the home pinstripe. You would hope that mlb's own sight would have the numbers in the correct place. Although I've read of people having problems with their jerseys. Any insight would be appreciated. I know there are people on this sight who know their jerseys. Thanks.

Nellie_Fox
08-20-2009, 02:12 AM
I just bought an authentic Buehrle black alternative jersey from mlbshop.com. The front number looks too high. It starts even with the o in Sox. Have they changed the jersey recently. I have a Hermanson jersey from 05' that I got at the garage sale. The number starts at the bottom of the S in Sox. From what I can tell in recent photos it hasn't changed. When you go to the mlbshop site it gives you a preview of the jersey. It is noticeably higher on the alternative jersey than the home pinstripe. You would hope that mlb's own sight would have the numbers in the correct place. Although I've read of people having problems with their jerseys. Any insight would be appreciated. I know there are people on this sight who know their jerseys. Thanks.My observation has always been that the bottom of the numbers lines up with the bottom of the "x." I've never paid attention to the top of the numbers in relation to the logo.

soxpride724
08-20-2009, 09:12 AM
My observation has always been that the bottom of the numbers lines up with the bottom of the "x." I've never paid attention to the top of the numbers in relation to the logo.

Correct. On all of the jersey's that I have purchased, the bottom of the numbers are lined up with the botom of the Sox logo.