PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawks Night: September 4th vs. Boston

chisoxfanatic
08-19-2009, 04:55 PM
For those of you who didn't know, I learned while at the game that Friday, September 4th will be Blackhawks Night at Comiskey Park! I don't think the game is sold out yet, but I thought you'd all like to know in case you were interested! It was advertised on the little video panels above the club level.

Last year's was on my ticket plan, as is this year's...Kickass! Last year's was pretty cool!

DumpJerry
08-19-2009, 05:20 PM
So, does this mean the Sox will wear ice skates that night?:tongue:

They had a Hawks player and a Dallas Stars player throw out the first pitch last night. Actually, the Hawks' guy stood there and let the Dallas guy throw it to Buehrle.

dllrbll7
08-19-2009, 05:21 PM
The guys there last night were representing team USA.

All the Hawks STH got info on the night and opportunity for parade passes/tshirts etc. last year was awesome, hope this year is just as good!

chisoxfanatic
08-19-2009, 05:28 PM
So, does this mean the Sox will wear ice skates that night?:tongue:

They had a Hawks player and a Dallas Stars player throw out the first pitch last night. Actually, the Hawks' guy stood there and let the Dallas guy throw it to Buehrle.
That would be Dustin Byfuglien and most-likely-to-be-named Team USA Captain Mike Modano, who is arguably the best American hockey player ever.

Hopefully they have Jonathan Toews tee off and fire one into the Red Sox' dugout several times! And then Adam Burish and Ben Eager could go into the dugout and temporarily disable the starting pitcher and the hottest hitter on the team at the time. And then Kris Versteeg can report to the Red Sox clubhouse and dress as Dustin Pedroia (I think the two look alike) and commit several errors on easy plays and strike out every time! :redneck

bridgeportcopper
08-19-2009, 05:54 PM
That would be Dustin Byfuglien and most-likely-to-be-named Team USA Captain Mike Modano, who is arguably the best American hockey player ever.

Hopefully they have Jonathan Toews tee off and fire one into the Red Sox' dugout several times! And then Adam Burish and Ben Eager could go into the dugout and temporarily disable the starting pitcher and the hottest hitter on the team at the time. And then Kris Versteeg can report to the Red Sox clubhouse and dress as Dustin Pedroia (I think the two look alike) and commit several errors on easy plays and strike out every time! :redneck

And then Patrick Kane can beat up a vendor over small change! Take this Hawks love somewhere else (parking lot), they signed on to a marketing agreement with the Sox last year, then took their much hyped Winter "Classic" to Wrigley. They are still dead to me!

nug0hs
08-19-2009, 05:55 PM

Ugh, yes, the girl on Comcast Sports Net interviewed them in the 10 minutes before the broadcast started and the first pitch.

She called them "Mike Maddonna and Justin Byfuglien"

***? How are you a sports reporter IN CHICAGO and not know who either of these two guys are?!?!?!

soxfanreggie
08-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Calm down Heather, you're getting way too excited :tongue:

ewokpelts
08-20-2009, 09:40 AM
I'll be at the pre-game meet and greet with hawks players and execs. I plan to get a photo of me with McCub and my L flag.

kittle42
08-20-2009, 09:43 AM
I'll be at the pre-game meet and greet with hawks players and execs. I plan to get a photo of me with McCub and my L flag.

Now *that's* a good photo op! :bandance:

eriqjaffe
08-20-2009, 09:46 AM
So, does this mean the Sox will wear ice skates that night?They'll all wear blockers instead of gloves. Oh, wait, they do that every night.

chisoxfanatic
08-20-2009, 11:05 AM
They'll all wear blockers instead of gloves. Oh, wait, they do that every night.
We might want to get them for Alexei Ramirez. :D:

Waysouthsider
08-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Think it would help? I'm buying....

OldRomanPizza
08-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Here come the Sox, the mighty White Sox....

ewokpelts
08-21-2009, 10:57 AM
for those that wanna come.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/ext/09SoxSTHNight.pdf

chisox12
08-21-2009, 03:10 PM
A friend of mine is a Hawks STH. Looks like I'll be walking on the field during this pregame "parade". Something I've always dreamed of doing...