PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday's Winning PTC

voodoochile
08-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Did his job...

:contreras:
"The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated..."

Mod Edit: I changed my mind. So sue me...

ode to veeck
08-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Prior to this afternoon, Royals stud starter had only given up 7 HRs all season, honorable mention to the southside lumber co. for tacking on 3 more in one game: Quentin, Beckham, and Rios

october23sp
08-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Did his job...

:contreras:
"The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated..."

Mod Edit: I changed my mind. So sue me...

How much can I get if I do file a lawsuit?

ode to veeck
08-19-2009, 07:51 PM

the best you can do is be in a fight with elephant guns, got your "bary"?

MarySwiss
08-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Prior to this afternoon, Royals stud starter had only given up 7 HRs all season, honorable mention to the southside lumber co. for tacking on 3 more in one game: Quentin, Beckham, and Rios

Good point, Ode! How cool is that, especially against Greinke? :bandance:

soxfanreggie
08-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Much credit to JC for giving us one heck of an outing. I know I surely didn't expect that out of him today. Our #4/5 beating their #1 is picking up a huge win!

ode to veeck
08-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Much credit to JC for giving us one heck of an outing. I know I surely didn't expect that out of him today. Our #4/5 beating their #1 is picking up a huge win!

Voodoo is right, having the 'ole Contreras on the mound is huge for us right now

JB98
08-19-2009, 11:38 PM
I've got the TBGR written. I'll upload when I get home, probably around 11:30.

voodoochile
08-19-2009, 11:53 PM

You'll get nothing and be grateful. When we were kids we were just happy to have a pick to click winner. No fancy shmancy message boards. No annual pennant races. No bronze titans or multi-year multi-million dollar deals. We barely had churros. In fact we ate day old churros in a 70 year old stadium with scorch marks on the field from vinyl bonfires. We drank bad beer in dark rusty corners hoping an ancient I-beam wouldn't fall on our head and we walked up ramp both to get in and out of the park, often in snow drifts up to our asses. The announcer was a drunk who sang offkey. We were just happy when our team stayed in Chicago let alone get a chance to win a fancy prize on a la-de-da innernet. We had nothing and we liked it.

You young punks don't know how good you've got it...:?:

:gulp:

JB98
08-20-2009, 12:33 AM
All right. Here ya go: TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3866).

manders_01
08-20-2009, 12:36 AM
You'll get nothing and be grateful. When we were kids we were just happy to have a pick to click winner. No fancy shmancy message boards. No annual pennant races. No bronze titans or multi-year multi-million dollar deals. We barely had churros. In fact we ate day old churros in a 70 year old stadium with scorch marks on the field from vinyl bonfires. We drank bad beer in dark rusty corners hoping an ancient I-beam wouldn't fall on our head and we walked up ramp both to get in and out of the park, often in snow drifts up to our asses. The announcer was a drunk who sang offkey. We were just happy when our team stayed in Chicago let alone get a chance to win a fancy prize on a la-de-da innernet. We had nothing and we liked it.

You young punks don't know how good you've got it...:?:

:gulp:

:rolling: This must be nominated for POTW cause it'is flippin hilarious!!!

Waysouthsider
08-20-2009, 01:02 AM
Its just darned hard not to like old abuelo Jose.....you hear Ozzie talking about it too....its great when we get him looking like himself....

Then clowns on CTL tonight were downplaying it with "well, its only the Royals"...but those are the same Royals that I've seen clip this team too many times this season....

I hope the old man keeps on going......and hey, maybe El Duque will call him everyday and we'll be all set? Maybe he can call Linebrink too, can he pitch like a Cuban?