PDA

View Full Version : Two-Sport Athletes

gr8mexico
08-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Can this be a reason the White Sox love players that played football in College.
Clubs can distribute bonuses differently to those designated as two-sport athletes. Here are the details:
The commissioner's office defines which players are two-sport athletes.
Teams can spread bonuses for two-sport athletes over as many as five years.
This means the team commits less in terms of present value and gets some financial flexibility.

StillMissOzzie
08-18-2009, 10:49 PM
I believe that's the kind of bonus that Borchard got, but I really don't think that's reason enough to draft someone you wouldn't be drafting otherwise.

SMO
:gulp:

A. Cavatica
08-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Could the fact that Kenny Williams played football have something to do with it?

DumpJerry
08-18-2009, 11:47 PM
A lot college Baseball players also played Football. There are fewer Baseball scholarships available compared to Football scholarships. Recruiting two sport athletes allows schools to get baseball players without using up a baseball scholarship.

Also, if you're good enough to be considered by a professional team, you're probably talented enough to play more than one sport.

khan
08-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Could the fact that Kenny Williams played football have something to do with it?
We have a winner!!

doublem23
08-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Also, if you're good enough to be considered by a professional team, you're probably talented enough to play more than one sport.

http://www.kansas-bingo.com/topeka/topeka-bingo.jpg

MarkZ35
08-19-2009, 02:35 PM

The Cubs drafted Randle El out of high school and I've heard from a few people that he was brutal at baseball in high school but they drafted him because he was such a good athlete.