PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8-18 Can we play the Yankees and Angels again? Postgame Thread

kittle42
08-18-2009, 11:26 PM
???

JB98
08-18-2009, 11:27 PM
This is just bad baseball.

Not surprising, but frustrating nonetheless.

OmahaSoxFan
08-18-2009, 11:28 PM
And now we are 3 games back of Detoilet... how can a team with this much talent be so mediocre... sadly enough, I think Beckham is playing "down" to the level of the rest of the White Sox right now... he's pretty much done nothing lately. So many stupid plays\decisions this game by several members of our team...

Hitmen77
The Tigers beat King Felix while we lose to Gil Meche. Thatís bad. :mad:

Of course, that botched sac fly killed us, but this game also points out our glaring weakness right now at 4th and 5th starter. With the bullpen taxed tonight, Jose going tomorrow vs. Greinke, and the Tigers sending Verlander to the mound. We are looking at being 4 games back by tomorrow night.

KnightSox
We have to start winning games like this. Freddy was hanging some pitches but I am encouraged considering he has not started in almost a year.

PeteWard
08-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Quentin being sent on a shallow fly was the ballbreaker.

Blueprint1
When you play like this against, Cleveland, Kansas City, and Oakland you don't make the playoffs. We are now three games back of the Tigers.

Hitmen77
This is just bad baseball.

Not surprising, but frustrating nonetheless.

1st and 3rd, nobody out, 2-0 count on Alexei......and we run ourselves out of the inning on a shallow fly ball.

.....this team is lucky to be only 3 games back.

kittle42
This game should have been a foregone conclusion in favor of the Sox after 5. ****ing ****ty situational hitting after a decent showing in that category last night.

Again, barely better than a .500 team. Guess it's not a shocker.

OmahaSoxFan
08-18-2009, 11:30 PM
We have to start winning games like this. Freddy was hanging some pitches but I am encouraged considering he has not started in almost a year.

Yeah, but he didn't look good at all after the second inning, and giving up 5 runs in less than 5 innings is not good...

Our offense cannot be held to get more than 4 runs right now, and that's sad. Hopefully the guys can pick it up one of these days and get on a roll, but right now they seem to enjoy hovering around .500...

I have faith they will turn it around, but how far will we be out of first when they do. :(:

kittle42
When you play like this against, Cleveland, Kansas City, and Oakland you don't make the playoffs. We are now three games back of the Tigers.

The reason they won't make the playoffs is their record against their own division.

WhiteSoxOnly
We just ****ing stink.A couple games over .500 at this point
with this roster just blows.Mediocrity is us.:angry:

ChiSoxGirl
08-18-2009, 11:32 PM

This. I was listening to the game and when I heard Cox sent TCQ on that shallow fly, I wondered why you risk it with a guy who's playing on a bum foot....

BadBobbyJenks
08-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Game was lost on that first and third with nobody out. How you send Quentin there on a shallow fly ball is mind boggling. Out by a mile. Ridiculous.

That just isn't a game we could lose, but of course this team finds a way.

JB98
08-18-2009, 11:33 PM
1st and 3rd, nobody out, 2-0 count on Alexei......and we run ourselves out of the inning on a shallow fly ball.

.....this team is lucky to be only 3 games back.

Especially with a 7-7 record against the Kansas City Royals, the worst team in the AL. The team is criminally stupid. They lose a couple games a week in moronic fashion. The shallow fly ball was ridiculous, but don't forget about Ramirez's gaffe in the second inning. The Royals tried to give the Sox a huge break. Alexei refused to take it.

This is starting to remind me of the Jerry Manuel "paper champions" era from 2001-03.

PeteWard
08-18-2009, 11:33 PM

Of course, that botched sac fly killed us, but this game also points out our glaring weakness right now at 4th and 5th starter. With the bullpen taxed tonight, Jose going tomorrow vs. Greinke, and the Tigers sending Verlander to the mound. We are looking at being 4 games back by tomorrow night.

The Tigers did not beat him:Seattle's bullpen gave away a Hernandez win. But I know what you mean--Sox needed to at least stay even tonight.

ChiSox81
08-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Were not playing the same Greinke from earlier this year, he has been rather mediocre recently. I wouldn't concede tomorrows game just yet.

Hitmen77

Unbelievable. He was out by a mile. They were just gambling on a bad throw. Terrible play.

Until Peavy returns, we're too weak at 4th and 5th starter. Having to trot washed up pitchers like Jose and Garcia 2 out of every 5 starts makes it tough to win....even against the Royals.

This game was a case of poor execution (again) and the glaring holes in our rotation being exposed.

Tigers down 3-1 against the M's in the 8th? Come back and win 5-3.

Twins down 5-1 against the Rangers in the 5th? Winning 9-6 in the 9th.

Sox up 4-1 against the Royals top of 4th? Blow lead and go down 5-4 in bottom of the 5th.

But why can't the Sox comeback with 5 innings to go against a juggernaut KC bullpen? I mean their lineup is only 3X better than KC's

08-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Ok, I'm coming out of loser denial...

WhiteSoxOnly
08-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Especially with a 7-7 record against the Kansas City Royals, the worst team in the AL. The team is criminally stupid. They lose a couple games a week in moronic fashion. The shallow fly ball was ridiculous, but don't forget about Ramirez's gaffe in the second inning. The Royals tried to give the Sox a huge break. Alexei refused to take it.

This is starting to remind me of the Jerry Manuel "paper champions" era from 2001-03.

"Criminally Stupid"...this should be on the team tombstone if they continue to **** things up.We've seen better thinking by our kids t-ball teams.

PeteWard
08-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Ok, I'm coming out of loser denial...

Lots of ball still to be played and Detroit is no better. But Sox need to string together some goddamn wins starting this week. :angry:

illinifan1368
08-18-2009, 11:39 PM

Or you can be optimistic and say with a good outing by Jose tomorrow, the Sox can get right back to 2 GB. I know its a new concept around but its actually a nice way to live. :thumbsup:

Hitmen77
08-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Tigers down 3-1 against the M's in the 8th? Come back and win 5-3.

Twins down 5-1 against the Rangers in the 5th? Winning 9-6 in the 9th.

Sox up 4-1 against the Royals top of 4th? Blow lead and go down 5-4 in bottom of the 5th.

But why can't the Sox comeback with 5 innings to go against a juggernaut KC bullpen? I mean their lineup is only 3X better than KC's

That was the worst part. I was looking like the Sox only being 1 game back and now they're 3 games back. At least I wouldn't call it "heartbreaking" because this team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs the way they are playing.

PeteWard
08-18-2009, 11:40 PM
And what does Cox bring to this team?

Domeshot17
08-18-2009, 11:40 PM
anytime you are in a race for a playoff spot and your starter throws slower then most high school seniors, you are in trouble.

Freddy just doesn't have it anymore. he might have enough Junk to be a reliever,

Peavy can't get healthy soon enough.

GoGoCrede
08-18-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm glad I couldn't find anyone to go to this game with me at the last minute. Pretty frustrating to watch.

I forgot how much Freddy slows the game down.

BadBobbyJenks
08-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Or you can be optimistic and say with a good outing by Jose tomorrow, the Sox can get right back to 2 GB. I know its a new concept around but its actually a nice way to live. :thumbsup:

I was very optimistic about this series thinking we would take the first two.

There is absolutely no reason to be optimistic about tomorrow's matchup though.

WhiteSoxOnly
08-18-2009, 11:44 PM
And what does Cox bring to this team?

A dinner date for Colon.

BadBobbyJenks
08-18-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm glad I couldn't find anyone to go to this game with me at the last minute. Pretty frustrating to watch.

I forgot how much Freddy slows the game down.

Me too, I was hell bent on going, but after someone bailed I did too.

Lip Man 1
08-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Pretty much everyone has said the points I was going to make...21 losses now this year to the worst teams in the league.

Garcia didn't have it, bullpen taxed, Contreras pitching tomorrow....not good.

Lip

JB98
08-18-2009, 11:45 PM
anytime you are in a race for a playoff spot and your starter throws slower then most high school seniors, you are in trouble.

Freddy just doesn't have it anymore. he might have enough Junk to be a reliever,

Peavy can't get healthy soon enough.

Garcia throws harder than Buehrle. I think Freddy has enough velocity. His command is not very good, and he hung a splitter to Buck. That was the worst pitch of the night, and it had nothing to do with velocity.

BadBobbyJenks
08-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Garcia throws harder than Buehrle. I think Freddy has enough velocity. His command is not very good, and he hung a splitter to Buck. That was the worst pitch of the night, and it had nothing to do with velocity.

And the three hangers he threw to Butler. Well three that were put in play, plenty more were on a tee.

StillMissOzzie
08-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Ugh. The Sox are under .500 for the year against the KC Royals, and I don't like our chances too much tomorrow either. Underachieving mediocrity at it's finest.

SMO
:angry::mad:

Frankfan4life
08-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Sad and getting sadder. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad006.gif Even our fans don't seem to be into the game. The fans in Seattle and Oakland were really loud and cheering every pitch. Sox fans pretty much come alive only when they get the electronic prompting. I believe it really helps the players when the fans are loud. Maybe tomorrow the fans should also bring their "A" game .

It's Time
08-18-2009, 11:48 PM
You are what you are. We are 120 games into the season here and playing basically .500 ball. This team clearly plays down to the level of the competition it's playing and that's going to be the reason they won't make the playoffs.

JB98
08-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Sad and getting sadder. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad006.gif Even our fans don't seem to be into the game. The fans in Seattle and Oakland were really loud and cheering every pitch. Sox fans pretty much come alive only when they get the electronic prompting. I believe it really helps the players when the fans are loud. Maybe tomorrow the fans should also bring their "A" game .

Everytime I've gone to the park this year, the Sox have basically put me to sleep. Frankly, I have trouble getting motivated to go to USCF this season. This is the first year in my life I've ever felt that way.

Hitmen77
08-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Game was lost on that first and third with nobody out. How you send Quentin there on a shallow fly ball is mind boggling. Out by a mile. Ridiculous.

That just isn't a game we could lose, but of course this team finds a way.

Yep. That was totally ridiculous. The only explanation is that the coaching staff has no confidence in us being able to score a runner from 3rd w/ one out, so they figure our best bet is to just send the runner and hope for a bad throw.

The thing is, with all this talk about "let's sweep the Royals", I thought coming into this series that we'd have a tough time winning the series with Garcia and Contreras pitching. Today and tomorrow's games really exposes how bad we are after you get past MB, Danks, and Floyd.

Maybe Jose will surprise us tomorrow, but that bullpen is had been worn out the first two games of this series and Contreras is not exactly going deep into games anymore.

We'll definitely get a boost when Peavy comes back. For next year, I hope the Sox can at least come up with a serviceable 5th starter. Like Lip has said, let's not rely on retreads like Colon and Garcia anymore if we're serious about contending for the playoffs.....maybe that Hudson kid in the minors will delight us next year, who knows.

PeteWard
08-18-2009, 11:52 PM

Damn loud last night,no?

fram40
08-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Maybe Jose pulls a horseshoe out of his ass tomorrow

If he does not, I wonder who the long man will be. Carrasco, Pena, and Williams all pitched tonight

PeteWard
08-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Yep. That was totally ridiculous. The only explanation is that the coaching staff has no confidence in us being able to score a runner from 3rd w/ one out, so they figure our best bet is to just send the runner and hope for a bad throw.

Nah,that was pure impromptu suckage on the part of Cox. :cool:

JB98
08-18-2009, 11:55 PM

The thing is, with all this talk about "let's sweep the Royals", I thought coming into this series that we'd have a tough time winning the series with Garcia and Contreras pitching. Today and tomorrow's games really exposes how bad we are after you get past MB, Danks, and Floyd.

Maybe Jose will surprise us tomorrow, but that bullpen is had been worn out the first two games of this series and Contreras is not exactly going deep into games anymore.

We'll definitely get a boost when Peavy comes back. For next year, I hope the Sox can at least come up with a serviceable 5th starter. Like Lip has said, let's not rely on retreads like Colon and Garcia if we're serious about contending for the playoffs.....maybe that Hudson kid in the minors will delight us next year.

Obviously, Garcia didn't throw the ball well. So, you're not wrong by saying that we shouldn't be counting on him. But he's really not the reason we lost tonight.

****ing offense. Didn't score a single ****ing run the last six innings against mediocre (at best) Kansas City pitching. Criminally stupid baserunning on two occasions tonight.

The Sox bullpen was lights out tonight. Gave the team a chance to come back. Offense screwed the pooch.

fram40
08-19-2009, 12:01 AM

After Q thrown out by 15 feet, Rios made it to third and died there. We stranded a runner at third in 4 of the first five innings.

I was worried about this game when we loaded the bases in the second after Ramirez' gaffe and could not score any runs. arghhh very frustrating

"what new"

illinifan1368
08-19-2009, 12:02 AM
You evidently didn't see the game last night. The place was rocking.

As for tonight, what was there to cheer for? The Sox were down one so they proceeded to swing for the fences and therefore got owned by a pitcher with no control and a 5 ERA.

Sox win tomorrow, everything will be alright :wink:

Frankfan4life
08-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Everytime I've gone to the park this year, the Sox have basically put me to sleep. Frankly, I have trouble getting motivated to go to USCF this season. This is the first year in my life I've ever felt that way.No matter how bad the team plays, I'm always up when I go to a game. The only reason I go is to get loud and into the game. The fans in Oakland and Seattle have even less to cheer about because neither team is going to make the playoffs. We still have a chance even though it's dwindling with every loss. But that's reason enough for Sox fans to come out and put their hearts and souls into every game.

Damn loud last night,no?We won yesterday. Need I say more?

ramblinsoxfan11
08-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Ugly game, I got excited after our 4-1 lead and turned it off, clicked it on in the bottom of the 8th and yelled obscenities loud enough for the neighbors to hear. Hopefully we can win tomorrow and take the series from KC... otherwise we got BIG trouble

JB98
08-19-2009, 12:08 AM
No matter how bad the team plays, I'm always up when I go to a game. The only reason I go is to get loud and into the game. The fans in Oakland and Seattle have even less to cheer about because neither team is going to make the playoffs. We still have a chance even though it's dwindling with every loss. But that's reason enough for Sox fans to come out and put their hearts and souls into every game.

We won yesterday. Need I say more?

I envy you. My heart is filled with dread every time I go to USCF this year. I'm always bracing for the worst. It has not been an enjoyable season.

Whitesoxfan23
08-19-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm tired of trying to catch lightning in a bottle, by signing the likes of Colon, and Garcia. Garcia doesn't have much velocity at all. I hope the Garcia era is over soon.

JB98
08-19-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm tired of trying to catch lightning in a bottle, by signing the likes of Colon, and Garcia. Garcia doesn't have much velocity at all. I hope the Garcia era is over soon.

If they start developing some of their own, they won't have to roll the dice on reclamation projects like this anymore.

Keep your fingers crossed on Hudson.

chisoxfanatic
08-19-2009, 12:15 AM
I envy you. My heart is filled with dread every time I go to USCF this year. I'm always bracing for the worst. It has not been an enjoyable season.
You liked 2007 better than this?!

One word sums up this team: Enigma.

Frankfan4life
08-19-2009, 12:15 AM
You evidently didn't see the game last night. The place was rocking.

As for tonight, what was there to cheer for? The Sox were down one so they proceeded to swing for the fences and therefore got owned by a pitcher with no control and a 5 ERA.

Sox win tomorrow, everything will be alright :wink:I watched the whole game yesterday and it just proves my my point. The Sox won. But it should be like that every night because, believe it or not, we're in a pennant race.

JB98
08-19-2009, 12:18 AM

I was resigned to the fate by midseason in 2007. The games weren't so teeth-gnashing as these games are. And I witnessed Burls' no-hitter and Thome's 500th in person that year, so I'll always have some fond memories of that season.

This year, I spend most of my time swearing and shaking my head in disgust. They still have a chance, so I hope they wake up.

Whitesoxfan23
08-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Freddy can now retire in a White Sox uniform. Thanks for keeping us in the game, but time to hang it up. Please.

Whitesoxfan23
08-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Freddy was better than Jose though. I know.. Not saying much.

KnightSox
08-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Freddy can now retire in a White Sox uniform. Thanks for keeping us in the game, but time to hang it up. Please.I'll take Sweaty over Contreras any day.

Whitesoxfan23
08-19-2009, 12:30 AM
I'll take Sweaty over Contreras any day.

I would too. I would prefer neither one, but eh.

WhiteSox5187
08-19-2009, 12:36 AM

This team is consistently inconsistent. Really at the end of the day they aren't THAT good. When you're trotting the likes of Freddy Garcia out there or at least intend to every fifth day, you're in trouble.

slavko
08-19-2009, 12:37 AM
I hope we are not setting ourselves up for big disappointment if we are putting all our hopes and dreams on the return of a guy who hasn't thrown a MLB pitch in 3 months. Unless we start acting like a playoff team here and now, 5? starts by Peavy are not going to save our season.

AnkleSox
08-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Well I sure am glad I went to see District 9 instead of going to this game.

Whitesoxfan23
08-19-2009, 12:39 AM
this team is consistently inconsistent. Really at the end of the day they aren't that good. When you're trotting the likes of freddy garcia out there or at least intend to every fifth day, you're in trouble.

qft.

Nellie_Fox
08-19-2009, 12:40 AM
I got excited after our 4-1 lead and turned it off.That's how you respond to a lead? You stop watching?

Lip Man 1
08-19-2009, 12:41 AM
The back end of the rotation is now 11-21 with the best ERA among the four (Contreras, Colon, Richard and Garcia) being 4.19.

Hard to win anything with that type of production.

I guess it could be worse...originally remember it was supposed to be Richard and Jeff Marquez.

Lip

pudge
08-19-2009, 12:45 AM
The back end of the rotation is now 11-21 with the best ERA among the four (Contreras, Colon, Richard and Garcia) being 4.19.

I guess it could be worse...originally remember it was supposed to be Richard and Jeff Marquez.

Lip

I remember when these kinds of seasons made me so depressed - thank goodness for '05, it's changed me for a life time! Now I'm just ready for football...

hawkjt
08-19-2009, 12:55 AM
The margin for error with this team is so thin, the Alexei baserunning gaffe is a huge deal...that could have been a huge inning if he just runs hard to second or loafs to first and does not mail it in. The guy drives me nuts with his lack of focus.

I was surprised Cox sent Carlos when it was obvious the right fielder had it all lined up with perfect momentum.

Once Meche went out, the next guy was legitimately nails. And Soria is also. Better than any of our relievers.

Tough loss...get'em tomorrow.

kevingrt
08-19-2009, 01:06 AM
So frustrating.... 'nough said!

soltrain21
08-19-2009, 01:12 AM
The margin for error with this team is so thin, the Alexei baserunning gaffe is a huge deal...that could have been a huge inning if he just runs hard to second or loafs to first and does not mail it in. The guy drives me nuts with his lack of focus.

I said in the game thread that Alexei might be the dumbest player I've ever watched. I don't remember him doing anything like this last year. It seems like once a week (or more) he is doing something completely stupid this year.

gobears1987
08-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Freddy Garcia just doesn't have it anymore. What else is there to say? I wore my Freddy Garcia jersey proudly to Bdubs to watch this game. I was embarrassed to be wearing it during that 5th inning.

It does baffle me how we dominate the Angels and play .500 ball against the Royals. At least our pen was good tonight.

As for tomorrow, I have a feeling Jose will dominate against Greinke and give us a surprise win.

TornLabrum
08-19-2009, 01:36 AM
I got back from the game and have been doing other stuff before checking in here.

Freddy was up to 80 pitches by the fourth inning, iirc. You could tell he was through in the fifth.

Alexei getting caught halfway between first and second on the dropped pop up was inexcusable. You have to assume that something like that just might happen because it actually does sometimes.

As for Jeff Cox, at least he errs on the side of aggressiveness. But it really was stupid on his part.

This game simply confirms what I've been saying. The 2009 Sox are a mediocre team.

thomas35forever
08-19-2009, 01:47 AM
This thread pretty much sums up my feelings for the game for the most part. However, I will disagree with the posters who say Freddy is done. He wasn't that bad tonight. In fact, while I wasn't expecting him to go deep, I hoped he would pitch well enough to keep us in the game. He did exactly that.

We lost tonight because Tejeda went above and beyond to hold our pathetic offense (don't jump on me; I give credit when credit's due) and of course, those two baserunning blunders. In fact, I was afraid we'd load the bases after Alexei's gaffe and sure enough, we did just that and nothing came of it.

Like other posters, I am pessimistic about tomorrow's game given the pitching match-up. It's too bad we have to keep hoping Jose pulls a rabbit out of his ass only to come away with disappointment and a taxed bullpen. With this team, qui sera sera.

Whitesoxfan23
08-19-2009, 04:36 AM
This thread pretty much sums up my feelings for the game for the most part. However, I will disagree with the posters who say Freddy is done. He wasn't that bad tonight. In fact, while I wasn't expecting him to go deep, I hoped he would pitch well enough to keep us in the game. He did exactly that.

We lost tonight because Tejeda went above and beyond to hold our pathetic offense (don't jump on me; I give credit when credit's due) and of course, those two baserunning blunders. In fact, I was afraid we'd load the bases after Alexei's gaffe and sure enough, we did just that and nothing came of it.

Like other posters, I am pessimistic about tomorrow's game given the pitching match-up. It's too bad we have to keep hoping Jose pulls a rabbit out of his ass only to come away with disappointment and a taxed bullpen. With this team, qui sera sera.

5 runs in less than 5 innings isn't good. At all. Freddy isn't a MLB pitcher anymore, but neither is Jose, and he looked better than Jose.

Whitesoxfan23
08-19-2009, 04:41 AM
P.S. I am sick and ****ing tired of this god damn team losing to the likes of the god damn Kansas City mother ****ing Royals. How sad is it that I rather them play the Yankees and Angels, than the stupid ass Royals, which other teams feast upon. And yes I am mad, frustrated, and upset. I don't think the season is over, and this team has a chance to make the playoffs, I am just ****ing pissed, and the more I think about this stupid ass loss at home to the Royals the more pissed off that I get. There. I feel better now :smile:

chaotic8512
08-19-2009, 07:44 AM

That frustrates the living hell of me to hear that. :mad:

I have only had the privilege of attending one game at USCF, and that was in the disappointing 2007 campaign (ironically, against the Royals). Nonetheless, I made my presence known in what would be a come-from-behind, 10-inning win... and IIRC, the crowd was really into that one from the get-go. I'd go on about how I'd do this at every game if I were lucky enough to have the same opportunity as all of you Chicagoans, but I know I'm preaching to the WSI choir.

Tough loss... offense HAS to show up today. Can't afford to lose this series...

WhiteSox1989
08-19-2009, 07:51 AM
It IS possible to beat Greinke. I think the Sox are capable of hitting well off of him, as they have done before.

But it also depends on the way Contreras pitches.

Hey, Go Sox! I won't be able to watch cause I'll be at work, but my dad will be there, so here's hoping he brings home a Sox winner. :bandance:

WhiteSox1989
08-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Oh, and I'd give Freddy one more shot at a start. I don't think he was awful. It was his first outing in a long time.

Jollyroger2
08-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Yawn. Same old Sox. The excitement is just too much to bear.

TornLabrum
08-19-2009, 08:30 AM
P.S. I am sick and ****ing tired of this god damn team losing to the likes of the god damn Kansas City mother ****ing Royals. How sad is it that I rather them play the Yankees and Angels, than the stupid ass Royals, which other teams feast upon. And yes I am mad, frustrated, and upset. I don't think the season is over, and this team has a chance to make the playoffs, I am just ****ing pissed, and the more I think about this stupid ass loss at home to the Royals the more pissed off that I get. There. I feel better now :smile:

Maybe you should try to vent your emotions rather than holding them in like this. :smile:

voodoochile
08-19-2009, 09:01 AM

You gotta put that **** down. Find a way to let that negative energy dissipate. Deep breaths and take on a new outlook. Lift up your spirits and raise up the team. It starts with you. One man... one thought... one vision...

:cool:

:D:

:tongue:

:gulp:<---------------it's coffee... it's still brewing...:?:

GoSox2K3
08-19-2009, 09:02 AM

Damn loud last night,no?

On TV, the only time I heard the crowd get loud was when they were cheering the wave. :rolleyes: Even the crowds are mediocre this year.

Was yesterday some sort of free ticket night? They announced 28,000 paid but said there was almost a full house in attendance.

PhillipsBubba
08-19-2009, 09:13 AM
If the Sox can't beat KC two in a row at home...how are they ever going to survive this upcoming road trip.:scratch:

Things are looking pretty grim right now.

PhillipsBubba
08-19-2009, 09:16 AM

How ridiculous to think a washed up fossil like Garcia could help the White Sox.

I'd much prefer to have a highly regarded farm hand come up and get a start.

Hitmen77
08-19-2009, 09:22 AM
This team is consistently inconsistent. Really at the end of the day they aren't THAT good. When you're trotting the likes of Freddy Garcia out there or at least intend to every fifth day, you're in trouble.

5 runs in less than 5 innings isn't good. At all. Freddy isn't a MLB pitcher anymore, but neither is Jose, and he looked better than Jose.

Oh, and I'd give Freddy one more shot at a start. I don't think he was awful. It was his first outing in a long time.

Every 5th day? It's worse than that, at this point we're trotting out Freddy and Jose every 4th and 5th day. 2/5ths of our games started by guys who appear to be finished.

Am I right in assuming we're going to be sending Freddy and Jose to the bump on Monday and Tuesday at Fenway?:shakehead:

Our only other options are to bring back Carlos Torres for another shot at starting or rush Dan Hudson to the majors and feed him to the wolves at places like Fenway Park or Yankee Stadium.

roylestillman
08-19-2009, 09:25 AM
On TV, the only time I heard the crowd get loud was when they were cheering the wave. :rolleyes: Even the crowds are mediocre this year.

Was yesterday some sort of free ticket night? They announced 28,000 paid but said there was almost a full house in attendance.

It was one of the nights season ticket holders could exchange unused tickets for.

voodoochile
08-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Every 5th day? It's worse than that, at this point we're trotting out Freddy and Jose every 4th and 5th day. 2/5ths of our games started by guys who appear to be finished.

Am I right in assuming we're going to be sending Freddy and Jose to the bump on Monday and Tuesday at Fenway?:shakehead:

Our only other options are to bring back Carlos Torres for another shot at starting or rush Dan Hudson to the majors and feed him to the wolves at places like Fenway Park or Yankee Stadium.

Maybe they can do split starts when Peavy gets activated. Right now the team only needs one more 5th starter start before that happens. After that they can each pitch 3-4 innings on every 5th start. Nunez isn't getting any innings anyway. He's pretty much a waste of a slot.

kitekrazy
08-19-2009, 10:07 AM
It appears the Sox like to play down to the competition.

Paulwny
08-19-2009, 10:26 AM
I said in the game thread that Alexei might be the dumbest player I've ever watched. I don't remember him doing anything like this last year. It seems like once a week (or more) he is doing something completely stupid this year.

Agree, and I'll toss in, he's becoming a hot dog.

kellykid
08-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Agree, and I'll toss in, he's becoming a hot dog.

Hit the nail right on the head AND he just doesn't seem to have "baseball smarts"! I mean c'mon, you're a PROFESSIONAL ballplayer. What's worse is that I LIKE Alexei but he's making me tear my hair out! lol

illinifan1368
08-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Maybe they can do split starts when Peavy gets activated. Right now the team only needs one more 5th starter start before that happens. After that they can each pitch 3-4 innings on every 5th start. Nunez isn't getting any innings anyway. He's pretty much a waste of a slot.
Nunez hasn't been on the team in almost 2 weeks. :tongue:

voodoochile
08-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Nunez hasn't been on the team in almost 2 weeks. :tongue:
Really? When did he get sent down? Who's the 7th bullpen guy?

Jenks
Linebrink
Thornton
Dotel
Pena
Williams
Carasco

nevermind...:redface:

fram40
08-19-2009, 12:21 PM

Lip

The Sox were .500 in games started by Richard. I'll take that any time from a 4 or 5 starter when the team has a big three of Burls, Floyd, Danks

The Sox are 42 - 30 in games started by the big 3 and 19 - 29 in games started by all others

Lip Man 1
08-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Fram:

And Richard couldn't get out of the 6th inning in most of those games. He couldn't make it out of the 5th in a lot of those to boot. That puts a tremendous strain on the bullpen not only in his game but in the next one.

No thank you. He wasn't the answer.

Lip

cards press box
08-19-2009, 02:40 PM
This may have been addressed elsewhere (and, if so, I apologize) but I have a question: what roster move did the Sox make before they activated Freddy Garcia?

Marqhead
08-19-2009, 02:41 PM
This may have been addressed elsewhere (and, if so, I apologize) but I have a question: what roster move did the Sox make before they activated Freddy Garcia?

Wise to the DL.

Waysouthsider
08-19-2009, 02:45 PM
hard to figure how we can play well against great teams and then stink up the joint against sub 500's....what a drag....

If we lose to the Royals today, I'm going to need antidepressants....

Hitmen77
08-19-2009, 02:46 PM

See the Roadhouse for that information.

cards press box
08-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Wise to the DL.

Thanks.