PDA

View Full Version : Who gets cut when Freddy is activated?

ike from nj
08-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Maybe Thome to the DL?

EMachine10
08-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Well, we seem to have an extra outfielder.

Rohan
08-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Well, we seem to have an extra outfielder.

Who has played about 20 minutes in total in the last two weeks.

UofCSoxFan
08-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Maybe Thome to the DL?

My espn fantasy update says Thome should be back in the lineup today.

Time to cut ties with DeWayne Wise. Fields should be up here instead anyway instead of him. Yesterday we didn't have a right handed bat off the bench and it nearly cost us if not for Pods coming through in a tough lefty lefty match up. No reason Kotsay should have had to face that tough lefty yesterday.

delben91
08-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Lillibridge

Chez
08-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Wise to the DL with a bogus injury. Activated when rosters expand. You can't send Lillibridge out -- he's our only spare infielder.

UofCSoxFan
08-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Wise to the DL with a bogus injury. Activated when rosters expand. You can't send Lillibridge out -- he's our only spare infielder.

Agreed. Seriously...I'll always appreciate Wise for the great catch, the great hustle, and the brief hot streak in 2008 that helped get us into the playoffs. But he serves no purpose on this team. Our pen is overworked so we can't send down an arm, and we don't have the luxury of carrying 5 outfielders, especially when guys like Kotsay and even Alexei or Lilllibridge can go out there in an emergency. It is ridiculous to me that Wise is still on this team. WE HAVE 8 GUYS CURRENTLY THAT CAN PLAY OUTFIELD!

And honestly, I think there is a good chance he clears waivers to the minor leagues...which says a lot as to why he shouldn't be on this team.

BeeBeeRichard
08-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Wise to the DL with a bogus injury.

Well, he has looked lame out there ...

TDog
08-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Well, he has looked lame out there ...

Having Wise in left wouldn't have hurt the Sox the last three innings in Oakland on Sunday.

eriqjaffe
08-18-2009, 11:11 AM
WE HAVE 8 GUYS CURRENTLY THAT CAN PLAY OUTFIELD!Well, 7 and Scott Podsednik. ;)

UofCSoxFan
08-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Having Wise in left wouldn't have hurt the Sox the last three innings in Oakland on Sunday.

Agreed...but unfortunately with a 25 man roster, a bunch of starters that can't go more than 5 innings (thus requiring an extra bull pen arm), we can't afford a defenisve replacement OF when we already have a ton of OF's. When the roster's expand fine, bring Wise up, assuming he clears waivers. We need Lillibridge on the team with Getz out unless you want to see Jermaine Dye playing SS again after an injury.

bigdommer
08-18-2009, 11:28 AM
I think Mark's perfect game gift to Wise was convincing Ozzie to keep him on the roster. That or Wise has naked pictures of somebody.

Risk
08-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Wise. The White Sox already have a better lefty hitter coming of the bench in Kotsay. Not only that, Kotsay is still a better fielder than Wise.

Risk

chisox12
08-18-2009, 11:41 AM
I think Mark's perfect game gift to Wise was convincing Ozzie to keep him on the roster. That or Wise has naked pictures of somebody.

He's gotta have naked pictures of somebody to still be on this team.

I hope they just throw him on the DL with an "injury" and activate him when the rosters expand.

salty99
08-18-2009, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Contreras go, which won't happen, or see Line come up with some fake arm injury.

WSox597
08-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Maybe Linebrink can go on the DL due to sickness.

We're real sick of seeing balls fly over the fence when he's pitching.

Works for me.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-18-2009, 01:18 PM
That or Wise has naked pictures of somebody.

Did Wise find these after Juan Uribe emptied his locker? :redneck

Wasn't that always the rumor around here?

Frater Perdurabo
08-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Not sure if this has been answered elsewhere, but Wise is no longer listed on the active roster (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/team/roster_active.jsp?c_id=cws), but rather on the 40-man roster on the 15-day DL (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/team/roster_40man.jsp?c_id=cws).

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't check that this information was posted in the Roadhouse before making this post. I should have known...