View Full Version : Sunday's Winning PTC

voodoochile
08-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Didn't suck...

:Danks:
"Can I bat?"

ode to veeck
08-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Mrs. Ode missed her chance to close out the sweep, but couldn't make today's game

ChiSoxGirl
08-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Another game, another losing TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3864) written by ChiSoxGirl! :angry: I'm ready to resign from my writing responsibilities for next season! [/half teal]

ode to veeck
08-16-2009, 08:59 PM
pick to not click winner is yahoo sports which is still incorrectly showing AJ hit a HR in the 7th today; woulda been nice but no it didn't happen

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=290816111

Brian26
08-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Another game, another losing TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3864) written by ChiSoxGirl! :angry: I'm ready to resign from my writing responsibilities for next season! [/half teal]

As Ranger has pointed out all weekend, the Sox Friday record is even worse than their Sunday record. I think he said they're 7-13 on Fridays so far. Misery loves company in TBGR-land.

JB98
08-16-2009, 09:48 PM
As Ranger has pointed out all weekend, the Sox Friday record is even worse than their Sunday record. I think he said they're 7-13 on Fridays so far. Misery loves company in TBGR-land.

The Sox are 7-12 on Fridays. They are also 7-12 on Sundays.

Over the course of the last seven Sundays, the Sox are 1-6. The only victory was at Detroit on 7/26.

ChiSoxGirl
08-16-2009, 10:12 PM

I heard Rongey give this stat after yesterday afternoon's game and was surprised the Sunday record was THAT good! It feels like I write a winning game report once every two months. I also feel like a curse. Three weeks ago, I switched with tebman and wrote Saturday's TBGR... they lose and then win on Sunday!

You say misery loves company... you have plenty of company in me!

voodoochile
08-16-2009, 11:08 PM
I heard Rongey give this stat after yesterday afternoon's game and was surprised the Sunday record was THAT good! It feels like I write a winning game report once every two months. I also feel like a curse. Three weeks ago, I switched with tebman and wrote Saturday's TBGR... they lose and then win on Sunday!

You say misery loves company... you have plenty of company in me!

I think you missed some Sunday wins when MarySwiss and Doub filled in for you at the beginning of the season and again recently. It wouldn't shock me if you're record is like 4-12 or worse on Sunday recaps.

ChiSoxGirl
08-16-2009, 11:47 PM
I think you missed some Sunday wins when MarySwiss and Doub filled in for you at the beginning of the season and again recently. It wouldn't shock me if you're record is like 4-12 or worse on Sunday recaps.

I know when those two filled in for me, at least two of the four were wins. The last two seasons, I wrote on Saturdays and felt like a bad luck charm, so I switched to Sundays this year. The "curse" continues....