PDA

View Full Version : the team comin into town

DonkeyKongerko
06-06-2002, 08:47 PM
...is the Montreal Expos. I think the White sox should do everyone a favor and absorb this team into our entity. Both teams have a dwindling fan base as far as attendance is concerned. Montreal is probably gonna be contracted anyways. Here's the thing.

Montreal is playin with heart. They have had much Much (x8) worse attendance than us over the years. They had much (x30 wins) lower expectations on them coming into this year. Also their division is playin pretty sukky ball like most of ours too. Oh yeah did i mention their record is 29-30 almost the same as ours. Take a page from this team white sox, they just dont quit. we practically have for this past month.

Chisox_cali
06-06-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
...is the Montreal Expos. I think the White sox should do everyone a favor and absorb this team into our entity. Both teams have a dwindling fan base as far as attendance is concerned. Montreal is probably gonna be contracted anyways. Here's the thing.

Montreal is playin with heart. They have had much Much (x8) worse attendance than us over the years. They had much (x30 wins) lower expectations on them coming into this year. Also their division is playin pretty sukky ball like most of ours too. Oh yeah did i mention their record is 29-30 almost the same as ours. Take a page from this team white sox, they just dont quit. we practically have for this past month.

A good ole' rematch of the 1994 World Series. :D:

DonkeyKongerko
06-06-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

A good ole' rematch of the 1994 World Series. :D:

bahahaha i love it. who won that series btw?

Jjav829
06-06-2002, 08:58 PM
...is the Montreal Expos. I think the White sox should do everyone a favor and absorb this team into our entity.

If the Sox could just absorb Guererro, Vidro, Barrett, Vazquez, and Armas Jr. that would be fine.

DonkeyKongerko
06-06-2002, 09:03 PM
i dunno who their pitching coach is but i know hes better than nardi.

Chisox_cali
06-06-2002, 09:13 PM

bahahaha i love it. who won that series btw?

Didn't we win it in 7? :smile:

kevingrt
06-06-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Didn't we win it in 7? :smile:

Yeah, except in the books it's with an asterisk. It was simulated by some super computer! :D:

KVinc
06-06-2002, 10:59 PM
YEAH I REMEMBER. Does anyone know that site that tommy williams was talkin bout way back, a site that allowed u to do sport simulations.

MarqSox
06-07-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by KVinc
YEAH I REMEMBER. Does anyone know that site that tommy williams was talkin bout way back, a site that allowed u to do sport simulations.

whatifsports.com

I did my own 1994 WS simulation just now ...

Game 1: Mon 11, @CWS 5
2: Mon 5, @CWS 4
3: CWS 9, @Mon 7
4: @Mon 5, CWS 0
5: CWS 9, @Mon 7
6: Mon 10, @CWS 7

Montreal wins in 6

chisoxfanatic
06-07-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by KVinc

None other than www.whatifsports.com (http). I remember that The Score pitted the 2000 Sox and the 1998 Cubs in a three-game series, and the Sox won the series! I wasn't surprised at all, because even the worst Sox team could beat the best Cubs team, and the 2000 Sox were unarguably one of the greatest Sox teams of all-time. :D:

Heather the Redbird