PDA

View Full Version : Wild Card - Boston or Texas?

Tragg
08-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Who are we for, here?

I think Texas would be in the Sox' best interests - that would put us against the Angels instead of the Yankees.

SoxGirl4Life
08-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Texas. I'd love for Boston to watch the playoffs at home.

illinifan1368
08-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Sox remaining games vs Texas-0
Sox remaining games vs Boston-8

I hope Boston tanks.

Shoeless_Jeff
08-16-2009, 12:35 AM
^What he said.

october23sp
08-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Rays.

gobears1987
08-16-2009, 01:06 AM

I hope Boston tanks.
Agreed.

Besides, it's harder to hate Texas with Vicente Padilla gone.

doublem23
08-16-2009, 02:34 AM
Well, when Texas' offense is clicking, they're very scary, too, but the Red Sox simply have better, deeper pitching, so I'd be perfectly happy seeing the Rangers overtake the Red Sox and make the post-season.

On a personal note, though, I'd love to see the Sawx spend October at home. They are simply the dirtiest, cheapest team in the league. They've been in brawls with Tampa Bay, Detroit, and today some guy plunked Ian Kinsler in the head. There is a simple, common denominator here, they're just a roster of dirty, cheap shot artists and I hope they lose every ****ing game for the rest of the year.

Fenway
08-16-2009, 02:50 AM

I hope Boston tanks.

Just remember Boston beat Murder City 6 of 7 this year.

The schedule is whacky as how can Boston have more games remaining with Chicago than anybody else?

cburns
08-16-2009, 02:50 AM
Well, when Texas' offense is clicking, they're very scary, too, but the Red Sox simply have better, deeper pitching

How deep is their pitching? Their staff is Beckett and Lester for the most part right now. Buchholz, outside of his no-hitter has not been very reliable. Wakefield is a knuckleballer, so you never know what to expect. Then they have Matsuzaka, who will be back at the end of the month. Their bullpen is pretty strong, but right now they have issues with starters 3-5.

LITTLE NELL
08-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Anybody but Boston.

WSox597
08-16-2009, 07:07 AM
I must say I'm enjoying seeing Boston 7.5 games behind the Yankees.

I can't warm up to those Red Sox at all. I would rather see Texas as the wild card.

Risk
08-16-2009, 08:04 AM
I didn't think it was possible for me to actaully pull for the Yankees or Texas, but the Blow Sox and their fans finally accomplished the impossible.

Risk

Rohan
08-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Brian Anderson puts the Red Sox over the top for the 2009 wild card.

BadBobbyJenks
08-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Call me crazy, but I was disappointed when the Angels beat the Yankees in 2005. I wanted to take out Boston and New York. I would love to get a crack at the Yanks in October.

voodoochile
08-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Personally, I'm rooting for the Kittens to get the WC...

bridgeportcopper
08-16-2009, 12:37 PM

I'm cool with that.

doublem23
08-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Call me crazy, but I was disappointed when the Angels beat the Yankees in 2005. I wanted to take out Boston and New York. I would love to get a crack at the Yanks in October.

Sounds like the people who wanted the Hawks to play the Red Wings instead of the Ducks in the WCF.

A World Series is a World Series is a World Series.

jabrch
08-16-2009, 03:08 PM

I'm rooting for them to lose every single game the rest of the way. I have no desire to see them in the playoffs.

doublem23
08-16-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm rooting for them to lose every single game the rest of the way. I have no desire to see them in the playoffs.

Why? They're not very good, and we historically play great at Comerica (not that I expect the Sox and Tigers to both make the play-offs, and even if they somehow do, both won't make it to the ALCS, but still...)

jabrch
08-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Why? They're not that good.

I don't like them. Not one bit. I'd much rather see Texas or Tampa. Hell - I'd rather see Boston. I know it is nearly impossible for them to be the WC - but I still don't want it - even in the hypothetical.

doublem23
08-16-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't like them. Not one bit. I'd much rather see Texas or Tampa. Hell - I'd rather see Boston. I know it is nearly impossible for them to be the WC - but I still don't want it - even in the hypothetical.

Eh, fair enough. I dislike every other A.L. team, so I'd prefer the easiest road for the Sox, and frankly, of the Red Sox, Rangers, Rays, and Tigers, Detroit is easily the worst of that group.

jabrch
08-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Eh, fair enough. I dislike every other A.L. team, so I'd prefer the easiest road for the Sox, and frankly, of the Red Sox, Rangers, Rays, and Tigers, Detroit is easily the worst of that group.

You are probably right. I just hate Detroit. Past Minny and Cleveland, Detroit is #3 on my **** list.

That said, you are right, they would be the easiest route for us to pass. (probably about the same as the Rangers who I think are weak)

I just don't have the same dislike for most of the AL teams outside of our division, and Oakland.

MarkZ35
08-16-2009, 03:32 PM
I can't stand the Red Sox because most Cub fans believe they are also Red Sox fans. All you ever see around are Cub fans wearing Red Sox hats and it just pisses me off and I also like seeing different teams in the playoffs.

Metalthrasher442
08-16-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd really like to see Texas. They can really crank on offense and it would be cool to see their pitching step up big.

fram40
08-17-2009, 04:16 PM
I didn't think it was possible for me to actaully pull for the Yankees or Texas, but the Blow Sox and their fans finally accomplished the impossible.

Risk

Shouldn't the epithet be "Roid Sox"?

hawkjt
08-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Rangers play the Twins this week...crush'em Rangers.
I think they also play detroit one more time...crush'em Rangers.

I want the Red Sox to fall out of it, lose heart,start bickering, and fall apart just in time for the Sox to tak 7 of 8 and kill their last remaining hopes.

Boondock Saint
08-17-2009, 05:48 PM
1) I hate the Red Sox.

2) I really want to see the Rangers in the playoffs.

chisoxfanatic
08-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Texas. I'd love for Boston to watch the playoffs at home.
I totally agree with this. Plus, Texas has rarely been in the playoffs, and I feel bad for them.
I wasn't. I didn't care who our opponents were. I just wanted us to win the World Series, which we did in dominating form. I was definitely satisfied with our wins over Boston, Anaheim, and Houston.

soxfanreggie
08-17-2009, 07:49 PM
I would like to see Texas all the way. Let the BoSox watch this one from home.

Chicken Dinner
08-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Bo Sox out, Rangers in, and Yankmees eliminated in the Divisional series. It couldn't get any better! (unless of course the Dodgers choke! :D:)

Frater Perdurabo
08-17-2009, 09:02 PM
I hope the Rangers take the Wild Card, and that the Rays overtake the Red Sox and Yankees for the AL East. :D:

chisoxfanatic
08-17-2009, 09:03 PM
I hope the Rangers take the Wild Card, and that the Rays overtake the Red Sox and Yankees for the AL East. :D:
Hahaha! FOX would have to hope the Sox and Angels faced in the ALCS if that happened!

Frater Perdurabo
08-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Hahaha! FOX would have to hope the Sox and Angels faced in the ALCS if that happened!

Although the Sox have played the Angels well lately, especially in Anaheim, in that case I also would root for Mariners to overtake the Angels to win the AL West, just to stick it to FOX.

Red Barchetta
08-17-2009, 11:58 PM

Me too! I wanted the road to be through Boston then New York then St. Louis.

Believe me, I'm happy with the results, however the above scenerio would have been awesome.

Fenway
08-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Actually you should be asking Texas or New York as the Red Sox will win the division :tongue: