PDA

View Full Version : Would you accept this deal???

bridgeportcopper
08-15-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm bored and this ran through my head.....If you could be guaranteed that the Sox would win, but games were untelevised like today, would you accept this offer? Sort of like "if a tree falls in the forest, but no one is there to see it....." ergo "If the Sox were to always win (even in Oakland and the Dumpdome), but no one can see it....". Personally, I can't take much of Farmio, but I could stand not to see some key games in exchange for big Sox victories.

LoveYourSuit
08-15-2009, 09:47 PM
I would not watch a game the rest of the year if it guranteed a Victory.

soxfanreggie
08-15-2009, 09:57 PM
I'd deal with listening to Farmio if it meant the Sox won another World Series. Just imagine, two World Series in five seasons!

MarkZ35
08-15-2009, 10:09 PM
How about not televising some games. Lets say when the Sox go to Minnnesota, Oakland, and maybe a few other places. That way we could get a guaranteed 35 or so wins automatically but still get to watch 75% of games.

TDog
08-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Only very rarely do I get to see White Sox games on television, so the question is irrelevant. More relevant is my experience without television.

In 2005, I was living in Alaska without television.

I didn't get to see the World Series on television. I had to follow the games on the Internet and through WSI chat. During the World Series, I got to listen to Jon Miller and Joe Morgan on the radio, except for the night of Game 3 and the first seven games of Game 4 when I was working.

It didn't diminish my enjoyment of the 2005 season in the slightest. In fact, the 2005 holds a if mythic quality for me that it wouldn't I had the games on television.

SoxGirl4Life
08-15-2009, 11:04 PM
This belongs in the "What have you done to bring the Sox luck" thread. I thought about it myself. Personally, I always listen to Farmer. But I keep the TV on too, muted. I would gladly sacrifice my TV viewing pleasure for guaranteed White Sox winners!

LITTLE NELL
08-16-2009, 04:49 AM
I don't get to see them much anyway so give me the wins.

hawkjt
08-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Give me a split at Minny and Oakland...and I would accept never seeing another game in those two hell-holes....and Seattle is creeping up the list...

BadBobbyJenks
08-16-2009, 11:34 AM
I am one of the selfish 4. I would have way too much time on my hands without White Sox baseball.

Jogurt
08-17-2009, 01:28 PM
The main reason that an average game is fun to watch or listen to is because you don't know who will win. If the outcome is predetermined then I would lose interest and probably wouldn't even listen.

asindc
08-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Cue the Herm Edwards quote. Whatever scenario presented to me that includes the Sox winning, short of harming someone or something illegal, just count me for it. **** my selfish desires to see every game, or any games for that matter. Listening on radio would be enough.

Boondock Saint
08-17-2009, 02:29 PM
There's always radio, and of course, going to the games.

GoGoCrede
08-17-2009, 03:24 PM
I am one of the selfish 4. I would have way too much time on my hands without White Sox baseball.

I gotta wonder how much better my study habits and social life would be if I didn't have White Sox baseball. :cool:

munchman33
08-17-2009, 03:53 PM
I'd spend all day locked in a crate if it meant a White Sox victory.

Dibbs
08-17-2009, 05:55 PM
It would be a tougher question if you say they win every game, but you can not watch, listen or attend games. Only check box scores.

harwar
08-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Only very rarely do I get to see White Sox games on television, so the question is irrelevant. More relevant is my experience without television.

In 2005, I was living in Alaska without television.

I didn't get to see the World Series on television. I had to follow the games on the Internet and through WSI chat. During the World Series, I got to listen to Jon Miller and Joe Morgan on the radio, except for the night of Game 3 and the first seven games of Game 4 when I was working.

It didn't diminish my enjoyment of the 2005 season in the slightest. In fact, the 2005 holds a if mythic quality for me that it wouldn't I had the games on television.

i totally understand .. during the 1985 Chicago Bears run to the super bowl, i was working way out in the black rock desert in nevada and only came to town every 28 days .. i spent many a night going up and down the dial, weeding through the static, trying to receive some info .. also i seem to remember Jon and Joe doing Giant games a few years later when i lived in Reno .. i think that Jon Miller was(and maybe still is) a great radio play-by-play guy