"I got robbed!"

Congrats, Jim!

illinifan1368
08-15-2009, 07:57 PM
1-for-4 with a homer? Yeah, OK. :rolleyes:

Rohan
08-15-2009, 08:21 PM
1-for-4 with a homer? Yeah, OK. :rolleyes:

Another major moment in history for the White Sox, how many have we had this year?

Big honorable mention to the man on the bump.

GoGoCrede
08-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Runner-up is Gavin. He's been so great for us this season, especially after a rocky start. Kudos to my favorite player.

ode to veeck
08-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Honorable Mention to Mrs. Ode, who attended today's game with me and who has never seen the White Sox lose in Oakland, even when West came to the game with us. A lifelong Sox fan, she doesn't believe in curses.

Gavin Floyd pitched a helluva game.

Nix gets one for his lead off role, 1st in the order, 1st to knock in runs with his 3rd inning shot then a sac fly to knock TCQ in an inning later. His glove was decent today too.

Jermaine Dye's great running catch nearly to the wall in deep right center saved two runs in the 5th that would have made it 4-3 and different game.

Kotsay made two nice plays late in the game at 1st

tebman
08-15-2009, 09:42 PM
:cheers:

Here's to our heroes as they faced their Oakland demons and stared them down with good pitching and timely hitting.

Oh, and Jim Thome wasn't bad either. :cool:

Your Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3863) is good to go. Since there was no TV, this will have to do.

Brian26
08-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Honorable Mention to Mrs. Ode, who attended today's game with me and who has never seen the White Sox lose in Oakland, even when West came to the game with us. A lifelong Sox fan, she doesn't believe in curses.

I don't believe in curses either.

Where do I send paypal to buy her a ticket for tomorrow's game? :redneck

StillMissOzzie
08-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Did his job.

:thome:

Reggie who?

Congratulations to Jim and everything, but isn't "Reggie who?" a bit harsh? Miss the teal key?

SMO
:scratch:

ode to veeck
08-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Congratulations to Jim and everything, but isn't "Reggie who?" a bit harsh? Miss the teal key?

SMO
:scratch:

Have you ever seen Daver use teal, heh heh.

Though the defense continues to bumble plays at a league leading rate, the infield is getting better in their adjusted positions. Yesterday, Beckham made two great plays on tough balls late in the game and Alexi, who has tended to stay back waiting for even slow balls, charged hard on a slow one or two and help turn a nice DP. Nix was pretty solid at 2nd and Kotasy has looked more than decent at 1st, though he's more of a natural OF, esily capable even in CF. There will continue to be too many errors in the short term, but look for the middle D to continue to improve a bit too.

DumpJerry
08-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Have you ever seen Daver use teal, heh heh.

Though the defense continues to bumble plays at a league leading rate, the infield is getting better in their adjusted positions. Yesterday, Beckham made two great plays on tough balls late in the game and Alexi, who has tended to stay back waiting for even slow balls, charged hard on a slow one or two and help turn a nice DP. Nix was pretty solid at 2nd and Kotasy has looked more than decent at 1st, though he's more of a natural OF, esily capable even in CF. There will continue to be too many errors in the short term, but look for the middle D to continue to improve a bit too.
Glad someone got to see that (there is no color code for envy).