PDA

View Full Version : The Sweaty One returns on Tuesday

thomas35forever
08-09-2009, 02:40 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090809&content_id=6333578&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws
Before you get hasty, at least it's against the Royals.

DaveFeelsRight
08-09-2009, 02:43 PM
let's hope sweaty freddy has something left in the tank.

Martinigirl
08-09-2009, 02:44 PM
I can't help it, this makes me happy. I love Freddy.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Anybody has got to have a better shot than Jose Contreras, Bartolo Colon and whatever other garbage 5th starters the Sox have been trotting out there.

Lip

JB98
08-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Pfftttt...if he can make it through five innings and give the ballclub a chance to win, he's better than what some others have been doing lately.

SOXSINCE'70
08-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Anybody has got to have a better shot than Jose Contreras, Bartolo Colon and whatever other garbage 5th starters the Sox have been trotting out there.

Lip

The way the Sox' # 5 starters have pitched, I wonder if Billy Pierce could still go 4 2/3 innings. No teal needed. It sucks to lose a series to a team that you NEED to beat.:angry:

Madvora
08-09-2009, 06:04 PM

Lip
I agree. It's come to this.
Looks like we started the season unprepared. Contreras and Colon were both big risks from the start. I didn't really like the idea back then. Contreras had about 4 really good ones in a row, but that was about it. His career here is over.

Flamer
08-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Might as well through Garcia out and see what he can do.

PalehosePlanet
08-09-2009, 06:20 PM
If Freddy's velocity is really up tp 91, as the article states, then he could help us. We already know that he has a good variety of off-speed breaking pitches.

In fact I don't remember Freddy hitting over 88-89 on the gun since maybe May of '06.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Folks:

This lack of a 5th starter with the Sox isn't a recent situation.

Go back and look at the stiffs the Sox trotted out in that slot in 1996 and see how it cost them the wild card, which they had a firm grip on in August / early September and check the garbage they used in 2003 which helped cost them ANOTHER playoff spot.

You'd think they would have understood by now they you simply can't "give up" the 20-30 games in a season a 5th starter will be used in. "Hoping" to win those games doesn't cut it in my book.

Like I said, you'd think they would have learned this simple lesson by now especially after 2005 but I guess not like Kittle is fond of saying, "you can't ask the owner to spend a dollar if he only has fifty cents..." LOL

Lip

Hartman
08-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Still waiting on Dustin Hermanson to be re-signed.

SpiderJames
08-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Colon and Contreras dont count in my book, theyre both in there late 30s, Freddy is only 33. Still could have a few years left. If Pods was sparked by us signing him, Im sure Freddy will do fine.

kevingrt
08-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Colon and Contreras dont count in my book, theyre both in there late 30s, Freddy is only 33. Still could have a few years left. If Pods was sparked by us signing him, Im sure Freddy will do fine.

If he pitches as well as he did the last time he was in the Cell I would take that. Just don't get injured Freddy.

LoveYourSuit
08-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Folks:

Go back and look at the stiffs the Sox trotted out in that slot in 1996 and see how it cost them the wild card, which they had a firm grip on in August / early September and check the garbage they used in 2003 which helped cost them ANOTHER playoff spot.

You'd think they would have understood by now they you simply can't "give up" the 20-30 games in a season a 5th starter will be used in. "Hoping" to win those games doesn't cut it in my book.

Like I said, you'd think they would have learned this simple lesson by now especially after 2005 but I guess not like Kittle is fond of saying, "you can't ask the owner to spend a dollar if he only has fifty cents..." LOL

Lip

Lip, there is not a single team out there who is solid 1-5. The Red Sox just got done cutting Smoltz. The Yankees are trotting out Mitre lately.

It's the other glaring holes the Sox have which is why we are here. We can't pick up the baseball and we run the bases like a little league team. Also add the fact that Coop has yet grasped the concept of teaching his pitchers on how to to hold runners, its a complete train wreck on defense right now. Singles, walks, errors all become doubles and tripples.

Daver
08-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Folks:

Lip

A decent defensive team can help make pitchers look good, the White Sox do not qualify as that though, to put the blame solely on the pitchers is a narrow minded view of the overall situation.

LoveYourSuit
08-09-2009, 10:34 PM
A decent defensive team can help make pitchers look good, the White Sox do not qualify as that though, to put the blame solely on the pitchers is a narrow minded view of the overall situation.

Other than Konerko, the Sox do not have a single plus + glove playing behind these pitchers. And most of the gloves are below average.

More on why Buehrle's perfect game should go down as the greatest one in the history of this game.

The Sox went from having a very good defensive IF last season to having one of the worst in baseball today.

Brian26
08-09-2009, 10:36 PM

It's hard to take this mindset when JR just agreed to take on Peavy's salary.

Noneck
08-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Defense can make pitchers look good but at this stage of the season defense wont improve. The only thing that will help is really good pitching.

Daver
08-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Defense can make pitchers look good but at this stage of the season defense wont improve. The only thing that will help is really good pitching.

I'll be the first person to state I don't know anything about baseball compared to the experts we have here at WSI, but the defense would be improved by simply stopping the urge to get Jayson Nix and Dewayne Wise into the starting lineup for the sake of change, and letting the same guys out on the field every day for the last fifty games. Jayson Nix is a decent stick, but there is a reason he doesn't have a true position, he isn't good at any of them, and Dewayne, his catch notwithstanding, is a mediocre on a good day outfielder, and can't use his only real tool effectively.

cards press box
08-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Folks:

Lip

It isn't just the 5th starter right now -- it's the 4th starter, as well. Contreras has been awfully inconsistent in what has probably been his worst season in the majors. He's 4-11 and seems best suited to long relief at this point.

The reports of the rehabs of Jake Peavy and Freddy Garcia have been encouraging. It sounds as if Peavy and Garcia might be ready to pitch by late August. That would give the Sox the following rotation:

Mark Buerhle
Jake Peavy
Gavin Floyd
John Danks
Freddy Garcia

If Peavy and Garcia can be effective down the stretch, the Sox can still make the playoffs.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090808&content_id=6318390&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090808&content_id=6318390&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090809&content_id=6333578&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090809&content_id=6333578&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

The Sox defense has, no doubt, been disappointing. However, I'm not sure what they can do at this point to improve for the remainder of this season. If the rumors are true and the Sox manage to acquire Alex Rios, he would add a good glove to the outfield but that raises another question: who sits? Perhaps the Sox would do what they did when they first acquired Ken Griffey, Jr -- alternate six players (Podsednik, Quentin, Dye, Rios, Thome and Konerko) for five positions.

jabrch
08-09-2009, 11:31 PM

I do too..I'm a fan. But I don't know if he has it left in him. I trust KW/Coop/OG. Let's see...

Noneck
08-09-2009, 11:38 PM
I'll be the first person to state I don't know anything about baseball compared to the experts we have here at WSI, but the defense would be improved by simply stopping the urge to get Jayson Nix and Dewayne Wise into the starting lineup for the sake of change, and letting the same guys out on the field every day for the last fifty games. Jayson Nix is a decent stick, but there is a reason he doesn't have a true position, he isn't good at any of them, and Dewayne, his catch notwithstanding, is a mediocre on a good day outfielder, and can't use his only real tool effectively.

I am not big Ozwaldo supporter but with Ramirez hurt he had no choice but to use Nix. Wise will get time just because Dye and Quentin will need a rest. I really don't know what else can be done at this stage. Pods is a butcher, Dye is showing his age and maybe Quentin is just a average outfielder. It just doesn't seem as tho the defense will improve much even if the "regulars" play everyday. What they need is a big KO pitcher so the defense wont affect the team as much. That's not going to happen.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Brian:

Agree with your point totally although published reports said that JR had to be "convinced" to do so. Which brings up the bigger question, why weren't moves made this past off season which might have alleviated or solved some of the issues before the season even started?

Why has Kenny had to "react" this season instead of being "proactive."

There were players out there for reasonable prices who could have at least helped the defense and one dimensional offense that the Sox had to begin things. Instead the Sox brought in the Corky Miller's and Wilson Betemit's of the world.

I can't prove this (yet) but I feel Kenny was ordered to bring those type stiffs in because ownership was so concerned about potential lost advertisers before 2010 that they hammered his payroll flexibility.

So why the change?

Maybe Kenny said in so many words a few weeks ago, 'if you think you're going to lose money in 2010, wait till you see how much money you'll lose if this team tanks like 2007...' Something like THAT would get their attention.

Daver:

I also agree with you although it's somewhat of a chicken and an egg type situation... which is more important? Good defense or good pitching? When in doubt I always go with good pitching.

Love:

All the more reason to go out and get it no? Gives you a serious leg up on the teams starting the Sergio Mitre's of the world.

And don't say it can't be done by the Sox. They did it in 2005, they did it in 1994 and they did it in 1983.

Lip

PushinWeight
08-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Garcia is starting? ggggoooooonnnnnggg. Takatsu will be signed on to close for him.

mcfish
08-10-2009, 01:47 AM
The Sox defense has, no doubt, been disappointing. However, I'm not sure what they can do at this point to improve for the remainder of this season. If the rumors are true and the Sox manage to acquire Alex Rios, he would add a good glove to the outfield but that raises another question: who sits? Perhaps the Sox would do what they did when they first acquired Ken Griffey, Jr -- alternate six players (Podsednik, Quentin, Dye, Rios, Thome and Konerko) for five positions.Don't forget Kotsay.

Foulke You
08-10-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm excited too. I'm such a big Freddy Garcia fan that I probably can't look at this as objectively as others on this board but I really do think the guy can help us this year if he is truly healthy. He knows how to pitch and he knows how to pitch under big game pressure. He is only 33 years old too which would make him about 14 years younger than Contreras.:tongue:

mantis1212
08-10-2009, 05:01 PM

I'm not a big DeWayne Wise fan by any means and I see your point, but if you think about it Wise is a better outfielder than Quentin, Podsedink, and MAYBE Dye.

And yes, Nix made me miss Alexei's defense tremendously.

Edit: To stay on topic, I would love to see what Freddy can do. It can't be worse than Jose or Torres. (can it?)

jabrch
08-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Edit: To stay on topic, I would love to see what Freddy can do. It can't be worse than Jose or Torres. (can it?)

Sure it can. Torres had one good outing and one bad outing. Before his last two starts, Jose has thrown 60 IP with 21 ER. That's an ERA just over 3. Jose has sucked his past few outings, but it is entirely possible that Freddy can be much worse than Jose.

Daver
08-10-2009, 10:24 PM

Lo and behold, the defense just improved with the addition of Rios.

BadBobbyJenks
08-12-2009, 01:41 PM
How has Garcia been pitching on the rehab trail?

Rockabilly
08-12-2009, 01:43 PM

I heard on WSCR. he pitched great last night and should be ready to join the Sox soon

Freddy Garcia's final line; 6 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 9 K, WP. He K'd Brian Anderson three times

VeeckAsInWreck
08-12-2009, 01:44 PM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114530

BadBobbyJenks
08-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I heard on WSCR. he pitched great last night and should be ready to join the Sox soon

Freddy Garcia's final line; 6 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 9 K, WP. He K'd Brian Anderson three times

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114530

Gracias. I am always going to be a huge fan of Freddy, I hope he can help us down the stretch.

Sockinchisox
08-15-2009, 01:19 PM
http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/3331516433

JermaineDye05
08-15-2009, 01:24 PM
He doesn't say if he's starting for the Sox. He just states that he's starting. It will be interesting to see how he goes. What number will be take?

yazz32
08-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Let's hope its for Jose's spot in the rotation

Brian26
08-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Both papers this morning are promoting the idea that Freddy pitches Tuesday and Dan Hudson gets Wednesday.

Supposedly Hahn and Dan Fabian watched Hudson's last start in Charlotte and think he's ready to go.

Should be a fun week.

WSox597
08-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Remember, he only gets up for big games, so he can't pitch against KC. :D:

tstrike2000
08-15-2009, 01:42 PM
With Colon gone and Contreras pitching poorly (but have horrid defense last night) hopefully Garcia and Hudson will be able to give us some quality starts.

JermaineDye05
08-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Looking at Freddy's splits, he doesn't seem to pitch too well against KC.

8-11 with a 6.14 ERA in 23 starts.

Hopefully he can have one of his rare good outings against the Royals. All we need is 6+ innings and 3 runs.

Sockinchisox
08-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Ozzie says Contreras is starting on Wednesday.

http://twitter.com/MDGonzales/status/3331609154

Whitesoxfan23
08-15-2009, 02:19 PM

Jesus Christ, when will this end?

UChicagoHP
08-15-2009, 02:33 PM

It probably wont, at least in 2009. I have nothing but respect for Jose, and his hot month was a season saver for this team, but unless he can take the vitamins he was taking during that month and find his groove, it's time for him to get into coaching(and he will be a good one, imo)....

On the other hand, he is certainly DUE for a good start...right?:gulp:

chisoxfanatic
08-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Remember, he only gets up for big games, so he can't pitch against KC. :D:
Bite your tongue. KC is gonna be pretty hard on the rest of the division. They aren't guaranteed victories. They always seem to play much better when they have nothing to lose.

You can chalk that up as a loss on Wednesday. Contreras vs. Grienke? Help me...I'm scared!

JermaineDye05
08-15-2009, 02:59 PM

I don't like this, but I like it better than rushing Hudson. I'd like to see him get a couple more starts in AAA before he gets the call up. Remember, before is start last night he had had a rough debut with Charlotte.

DirtySox
08-15-2009, 03:01 PM
You can chalk that up as a loss on Wednesday. Contreras vs. Grienke? Help me...I'm scared!

I have scout seats for that game. :(:

soxfanreggie
08-15-2009, 03:23 PM
At least you have Scout Seats! :smile:

Rohan
08-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Mondays weather looks really bad. (Which sucks for me because it could be my last game of the year as I go to school on Tuesday). But if that game gets rained out then there's a good chance that we won't need to start Garcia on Monday.

I would kinda like to see what he can do though. It's been awhile since i've seen him on the bump in a Sox uniform.

LongLiveFisk
08-15-2009, 03:44 PM

I'm going Wednesday. He better not crap his pants. :angry:

Bobby Thigpen
08-15-2009, 04:24 PM
it's time for him to get into coaching(and he will be a good one, imo)....
You're kidding right?

roylestillman
08-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I have scout seats for that game. :(:

I'd pull a chair up to the buffet until about the 4th inning,

Brian26
08-15-2009, 04:27 PM
You're kidding right?

I did a double-take on that one too. Other than the obvious language barrier, you're talking about a guy who's had more mental lapses and breakdowns in his five years here than anyone I can remember. If a coach's job is to preach mental toughness, preparedness and routine, Jose's nowhere near qualified for that position.

NDSox12
08-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Mondays weather looks really bad. (Which sucks for me because it could be my last game of the year as I go to school on Tuesday). But if that game gets rained out then there's a good chance that we won't need to start Garcia on Monday.

Buehrle is scheduled to pitch on Monday.

hawkjt
08-15-2009, 05:22 PM
I did a double-take on that one too. Other than the obvious language barrier, you're talking about a guy who's had more mental lapses and breakdowns in his five years here than anyone I can remember. If a coach's job is to preach mental toughness, preparedness and routine, Jose's nowhere near qualified for that position.

Try swimming over from Cuba for mental toughness. His work ethic and preparation is legendary. He came back from a possible career ending type injury for a 38 year old 4 months early.

If they play defense for him, Jose will be just fine on wednesday.
He was bringing it at 94mph last nite, and was throwing strikes.
Jose can still be a key to the stretch run as a fifth starter who has won games in ALCS and World Series. No mental toughness required for that?

LongLiveFisk
08-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Buehrle is scheduled to pitch on Monday.

I wonder if we can push him back to Wednesday. :D:

Brian26
08-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Try swimming over from Cuba for mental toughness. His work ethic and preparation is legendary. He came back from a possible career ending type injury for a 38 year old 4 months early.

If they play defense for him, Jose will be just fine on wednesday.
He was bringing it at 94mph last nite, and was throwing strikes.

Jose can still be a key to the stretch run as a fifth starter who has won games in ALCS and World Series. No mental toughness required for that?

Nothing will ever take away from Jose's run from the All-Star Break in '05 to the ASB in '06. That was magical, as was his stellar work in the 05 post-season run.

Since then, he's been mediocre at best. As much as he had everything figured out thru the middle of 2006, he's constantly battled himself over the past three years with arm angles, mechanical adjustments, and a complete meltdown in early 2007 because his wife left him.

As for what happened last night, it was atypical of his career with the Sox since '06. After the ball fell between Rios and TCQ, instead of battling over it, Contreras went ahead and hit the next batter and then gave up three straight hits. That's either a sign of a guy who's mentally defeated or physically unable to perform like he did earlier in his career.

Lip Man 1
08-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Brian:

Well said and who knows for sure exactly what his real age is.

Lip

Jaffar
08-15-2009, 07:16 PM
I'll be there in section 102 row 10 I think. I'll be excited to see Big Game Freddy and hopefully since he's trying to resurrect his career he'll be up for it even though it's the boring Royals.

Mohoney
08-15-2009, 09:14 PM
That's either a sign of a guy who's mentally defeated or physically unable to perform like he did earlier in his career.

If I had to guess, I would guess that it's the latter, physically unable to perform. I think coming back too soon screwed up any chance he had of making this a successful year for him. It's a shame, because I'm really pulling for him to succeed, and for whatever reason it's just not working for him anymore.

He looked like he had good stuff last night before the defense went AWOL, so I'm willing to give him the ball until Peavy gets back to see if he can build on that. Whoever pitches better between Contreras and Garcia stays in the rotation when Peavy gets here.

doublem23
08-15-2009, 09:20 PM

It wouldn't have started if people had already learned their lesson that Joe Cowley is full of ****.

Ron Karkovice
08-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Where are we going to put him!!?

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-15-2009, 09:45 PM

Peavy? :dunno:

gobears1987
08-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Mondays weather looks really bad. (Which sucks for me because it could be my last game of the year as I go to school on Tuesday).
Rohan, Purdue isn't too far away to go up for a game. I usually try to make at least one or two in September and it is always good to have someone to split gas with.

hawkjt
08-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Nothing will ever take away from Jose's run from the All-Star Break in '05 to the ASB in '06. That was magical, as was his stellar work in the 05 post-season run.

Since then, he's been mediocre at best. As much as he had everything figured out thru the middle of 2006, he's constantly battled himself over the past three years with arm angles, mechanical adjustments, and a complete meltdown in early 2007 because his wife left him.

As for what happened last night, it was atypical of his career with the Sox since '06. After the ball fell between Rios and TCQ, instead of battling over it, Contreras went ahead and hit the next batter and then gave up three straight hits. That's either a sign of a guy who's mentally defeated or physically unable to perform like he did earlier in his career.

Those three hits? One was really a solid hit. The grounder that Nix booted was not hard hit and should have been handled...it was a gift hit. The one up the middle was just a ground ball...bad luck. Ellis kills the sox and he had a solid hit....one solid hit should not translate to 4 runs. The hit batter was on Jose, it grazed the uni,but his command needs to be better,I agree.

Last two starts, Jose has sailed thru the first 3 innings..then errors,mistakes,bloops and infield hits all come in one inning and he gets the quick hook.

I think he is very close to putting together some solid 6-7 inning outings..just play defense behind him,Sox!!

I agree his margin for error is thin. He needs to keep runners off base, works better with full windup. But he is the 5th starter,not 1-4. They are not supposed to be overpowering.
If he throws 60% strikes his next couple of starts, leave him in there. Otherwise...maybe he needs to take over for DJ Carrasco as long relief and push DJ up the pecking order.

Hitmen77
08-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Freddy's start will be intriguing to say the least. If he can show he's back to his pre-injury quality, that would be a huge shot in the arm to a Sox team that seems to be stumbling its way to a 2nd place finish.

A 5 man rotation down the stretch of Buehrle, Peavy, Floyd, Danks, and a rejuvenated Garcia would really give the Sox a good chance of winning this division in spite of themselves.

Maybe it's just a pipe dream to think that Freddy is going to be back to his old form, but I guess we'll see soon enough.

WhiteSox1989
08-16-2009, 11:36 PM
I thought Freddy pitched pretty well for that make up game against the Tigers.

We'll see what happens. I'm excited to see him pitch.

Chicken Dinner
08-17-2009, 10:46 AM
With sweaty Freddie slated to pitch on Tuesday, any word on an upcoming roster move?

illinifan1368
08-17-2009, 10:54 AM
With sweaty Freddie slated to pitch on Tuesday, any word on an upcoming roster move?
Either Thome goes on the DL for his heel, or Wise comes up with a mysterious injury that is healed when rosters expand on September 1st.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
08-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Either Thome goes on the DL for his heel, or Wise comes up with a mysterious injury that is healed when rosters expand on September 1st.

Yeah, like a pulled hamstring or turf toe.

BubblingCalderon
08-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Freddy was amazing in day games. I don't understand why the Sox want to start him tomorrow considering the fact they could hold him back 18 hours and start him in Wednesdays 1:05 start.

Hitmen77
08-17-2009, 08:46 PM
I thought Freddy pitched pretty well for that make up game against the Tigers.

We'll see what happens. I'm excited to see him pitch.

Did he pitch for us already this year? I must have missed that.

....or do you mean when he was on the Tigers last year?

TornLabrum
08-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Jeeze, I hope he has a good start. My last game was Buehrle's perfect game, so I'm expecting a lot from Freddy.

soxinem1
08-17-2009, 10:34 PM
If Ozzie is going to start giving chances, especially to a guy who got cut by a NYM team starving for arms, why not bring up Daniel Hudson and let him throw?:?::?:

Chez
08-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Did he pitch for us already this year? I must have missed that.

....or do you mean when he was on the Tigers last year?

Freddy pitched game #162 for the Tigers against the Sox last season.

voodoochile
08-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Freddy was amazing in day games. I don't understand why the Sox want to start him tomorrow considering the fact they could hold him back 18 hours and start him in Wednesdays 1:05 start.

Because if they do that someone has to start on 3 days rest or they need to call up someone to pitch tomorrow. It's better this way.

voodoochile
08-17-2009, 11:13 PM
If Ozzie is going to start giving chances, especially to a guy who got cut by a NYM team starving for arms, why not bring up Daniel Hudson and let him throw?:?::?:

My guess is that the Mets wanted to move him to the minors and Freddy took the out when they DFA'ed him. Then with nothing to lose the Sox took a flier on a minor league contract and let him build up his arm strength (something the Mets couldn't afford to do on the big league club).

But, I don't know what his contract was with the Mets so that is all just speculation. If he was up with the team they would have had to DFA him to move him to the minors and maybe Freddy walked.

The Sox minor league staff has given him the go ahead to pitch, let's wait and see how it goes.

SOXfnNlansing
08-17-2009, 11:25 PM
The Sox posted this on their 'board' tonight. Thought I'd share in this thread. Let's hope he can give Ozzie innings!

BadBobbyJenks
08-17-2009, 11:34 PM
His era was 1.80 in the minors?