PDA

View Full Version : Make our move.

LITTLE NELL
08-14-2009, 04:52 AM
We have 9 games against the A's and the O's, now is the time to get hot because after that the schedule is tough with 8 games against the BoSox, 3 with NY and 3 in the Dumpdome. We are running out of games and I'm afraid that this team is just going to be a .500 team if we don't make our move in these next 9 games. If we take at least 6 or 7 of the next 9 and go .500 in the next 14 against the big boys we should be OK as we head into the stretch with most of our games against the AL Central.

Whitesoxfan23
08-14-2009, 05:22 AM
I agree. It's crunch time right now. Time to see what this 2009 Chicago White Sox team is made of once and for all.

SoxGirl4Life
08-14-2009, 06:39 AM
The guy we're facing tonight shut us out at the Cell. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=290604104

I'll say prayers because we really need to shut up and start winning.

DumpJerry
08-14-2009, 07:44 AM
The guy we're facing tonight shut us out at the Cell. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=290604104
Well, of course. It was one of Beckham's first games.

However, I am shocked that Brian Anderson was able to cause us to be shut withthout batting for us.:redneck

white sox bill
08-14-2009, 08:00 AM
We have 9 games against the A's and the O's, now is the time to get hot because after that the schedule is tough with 8 games against the BoSox, 3 with NY and 3 in the Dumpdome. We are running out of games and I'm afraid that this team is just going to be a .500 team if we don't make our move in these next 9 games. If we take at least 6 or 7 of the next 9 and go .500 in the next 14 against the big boys we should be OK as we head into the stretch with most of our games against the AL Central.

Good point Nell, we are in the Dog Days of Summer. This series w/the A's makes me a bit nervous too considering the history we have in Oakland. The next 3 weeks should be a determing factor whether this is a .500 team or better.

eriqjaffe
08-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Sure would be nice to end our time in the Metrodome by sweeping the Twins out, wouldn't it?

Whitesoxfan23
08-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Holy crap I just noticed that we play Detroit towards the end of September at home, and to finish off the season we play 3 vs Detroit over there. Wow. This could get intense.

SoxGirl4Life
08-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Holy crap I just noticed that we play Detroit towards the end of September at home, and to finish off the season we play 3 vs Detroit over there. Wow. This could get intense.

That's what I've been saying. Those 6 games could be huge!

SoxGirl4Life
08-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Well, of course. It was one of Beckham's first games.

However, I am shocked that Brian Anderson was able to cause us to be shut withthout batting for us.:redneck

lol.. maybe we got the wrong B. Anderson!

beasly213
08-14-2009, 08:43 AM
We are a .500 team and I'd imagine it will stay that unless something turns around real quick.

Yes I know we went 5-2 against the Yanks and Angles but then proceded to wet the bed against the Indians and Seattle. That is what this team has done all year, win a few then lose a few. It's what a .500 team does.

Yet I still think the Sox can win this division. Once Peavy is ready a few of these series where we lose games because we don't have pitching we will be able to win them.

With Detroit not running away with this division The Sox have a good a chance as any. I'm actually not worried about Detroit, I'm worried about the ****ing Twins! :angry:

Every year they end up being in it till the end.

kittle42
08-14-2009, 09:09 AM
9 games? 4-5 or 5-4. I'd be surprised by anything else.

Mediocrity reigns supreme!

35th and Shields
08-14-2009, 09:13 AM

Those games could be a lot of fun. Should be a lot of great pitching matchups too.

voodoochile
08-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Yeah, this stretch could be very helpful if the Sox can beat up on these teams with no hope. Need to start this weekend in Oakland. Hopefully the offense can find a good rhythm after the days off they've had recently.

Railsplitter
08-14-2009, 09:20 AM
I agree, 5-4 will not be enough the next nine games.

The recent series agains the Tigers notwithstanding, the BoSox seem to be on the skids lately.

KenBerryGrab
08-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Oakland has been playing better lately.

Cinch 'em up, boyos!

hawkjt
08-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Sadly, Oakland is hot. They have just won three series in a row for the first time in over a year.
KC next hopefully will be coming in off of a hot series win over the Tigers..they just took 3 of 4 vs the Twins.
Baltimore seems to give us fits.

If the sox could go 6-3,I would be very happy, but mildly surprised.
5-4 is ok.
boston is beatable.
NY will be tough.
Twins are stinking right now.
Cubs are not going well either...so we might do just as well in that stretch.
As was pointed out the last two weeks could be classic.
Sox play 6 vs tigers,and 3 vs Twins in last 12.
Tigers play 6 vs sox and 7 vs twins..in last 16.
Twins play 3 vs Sox and 7 vs tigers..in last 16

SCRAMBLE!!!