PDA

View Full Version : Clutch hitting?

hold2dibber
06-06-2002, 05:01 PM
If I count right, the Sox stranded runners in scoring position five times (!) during the course of today's game. Can somebody get a friggin' clutch hit every once and a while? The offense is absolutely stinking it up right now. There is not a single guy on the team that's hitting. I say bring up Crede to play third, send CLee to Charlotte, platoon Rowand and Liefer in left -- that takes two of the three black holes out of the line up (Lee and Clayton). Of course, we still need PK, Big Hurt, and Magglio to start resembling major league hitters again, too.

RKMeibalane
06-06-2002, 05:15 PM
I don't think Crede will be brought up anytime soon. Because of the labor uncertainty baseball is currently facing, the minors are best place for him right now. He has no more options for assignment left, so if the Sox promote him, they would not be able to send him back down if there were a strike or lockout.

doublem23
06-06-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I don't think Crede will be brought up anytime soon. Because of the labor uncertainty baseball is currently facing, the minors are best place for him right now. He has no more options for assignment left, so if the Sox promote him, they would not be able to send him back down if there were a strike or lockout.

He's on the 40-man roster, so I think a work stoppage affects him regardless of whether he's in Charlotte or Chicago, IIRC.

dirty_k
06-06-2002, 05:26 PM
I only saw the games last two at-bats, but Magglio again didn't look good in the 6/6 game's last at bat. Got two strikes followed by a week grounder to second. You could tell he was in trouble, Hawk even wished for a passed ball (Durham/tying run was on third).

Jerry_Manuel
06-06-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
He's on the 40-man roster, so I think a work stoppage affects him regardless of whether he's in Charlotte or Chicago, IIRC.

That's correct, I would think Rauch is in the same boat.