PDA

View Full Version : How many consecutive scoreless innings of White Sox baseball have you attended live?

pudge
08-13-2009, 02:33 AM
Over the past three days, I missed the one inning that was any good, because I left early on Tuesday and heard Alexi's homer in the car. So, if you take the 14 scoreless innings I witnessed Wednesday, add the 8 scoreless innings I watched Tuesday, and throw in the three scoreless innings that concluded Monday's game, I have attended 25 consecutive scoreless innings of White Sox baseball (and still going..)

Who wants to top that? Please!

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-13-2009, 02:35 AM
The worst game I've ever been to was that 20-1 loss. Those were the worst 8 innings of scoreless ball ever.

parlaycard
08-13-2009, 07:15 AM
Over the past three days, I missed the one inning that was any good, because I left early on Tuesday and heard Alexi's homer in the car. So, if you take the 14 scoreless innings I witnessed Wednesday, add the 8 scoreless innings I watched Tuesday, and throw in the three scoreless innings that concluded Monday's game, I have attended 25 consecutive scoreless innings of White Sox baseball (and still going..)

Who wants to top that? Please!

Can you beat Buehrle's streak?

SoxFan64
08-13-2009, 05:02 PM
I remember being at a Sox-Tigers DH in the late 60's where the 1st game IIRC went into extras because of no scoring and then the 2nd game started with no scoring. Never looked it up but it had to almost as long as last night's game -- which I watched.

As for the Tigers game, I remember telling my dad it would be great if the game went to 18 innings so we could get 3 games for the price of 1. My dad did not have the heart to tell me (until I was a young man) that was the last thing a 45 year old man wanted to do -- sit on the old seats of Comiskey for 3 games with 3 sons under the age of 10.

Nice memory of ol' dad who never lived to see the 2005 Champs.... But back to your question I would say that was around 20 innings over two games of no scoring. We were the hitless wonders.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-13-2009, 05:22 PM
More than I'd like to remember during the 2007 season. :anon:

TDog
08-13-2009, 05:35 PM
I have a friend in Munster who attended Game 4 of the 1983 ALCS before his first game of 1984 was the Jack Morris no-hitter. He didn't go to another Sox game until 1985, when I was visiting the area. We saw the Mariners beat the Sox 3-1, but I'm not sure when the Sox scored, but my friend was saying needed to stay away from Comiskey.

I went to five Diamondbacks games in the first year of their franchise, including the exhibition game against the White Sox that opened Bank One Ballpark. The Diamondbacks were shut out in all five games. In the ninth inning of the last game, they got a hit with a runner on second (as my friends were joking about my scoreless streak being in jeopardy). I can't remember if the runner was thrown out at the plate or held at third, but he didn't score.

It wasn't so many seasons later that the Diamondbacks won the World Series.

twentywontowin
08-13-2009, 05:38 PM
During the 2005 season, I went to three straight home games in which we were shut out. I remember one of them was the Sunday game against the Cubs where Prior shut us out on a one hitter, and a Saturday game against Boston. I forget exactly which the third was but I remember there being three in a row.

pudge
08-13-2009, 07:31 PM
During the 2005 season, I went to three straight home games in which we were shut out. I remember one of them was the Sunday game against the Cubs where Prior shut us out on a one hitter, and a Saturday game against Boston. I forget exactly which the third was but I remember there being three in a row.

That's amazing considering it was '05. Thanks, you guys have eased the pain!

twentywontowin
08-13-2009, 09:07 PM
That's amazing considering it was '05. Thanks, you guys have eased the pain!

Exactly. And they were only shut out four times at home all year according to the game log. I found the game I went to and forgot, the Yankees.

I took a look, it was in this order I was at the games:

June 26, 2005 - Lost to Cubs 2-0
July 23, 2005 - Lost to Red Sox 3-0
August 20, 2005 - Lost to Yankees 5-0

And on top of it, I was at ALCS Game 1. :angry:

Jogurt
08-13-2009, 10:38 PM
I can't match the # of innings, but this still sucked.

I only was able to attend 2 games in 2003.

They were against the worst team in the AL that year (43-119 Tigers) and the worst team in the NL (64-98 Padres). Sox lost both games 1-0. So 18 innings of scoreless baseball against the worst the leagues had to offer was all I saw that year (in person).

pdimas
08-14-2009, 09:01 AM
I have a buddy who went to every game for 2 years straight. I missed about 3 last year and about 6 games this year so far. As far as innings straight this year I can't rightly remember although I was at every game this past home stand and stayed the whole game.