PDA

View Full Version : Name that disruptor

RowanDye
08-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Buried in yesterday's fluff article (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090811&content_id=6373610&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws) about team chemistry Kenny Williams laid a little nugget.

"That's when you know you're on to something, when you get to that point," Williams said. "It took us a while to get to that point. We had to get rid of some disruptive issues in the clubhouse."

I am not a negative person, but I can't help speculate who he is talking about. A few recent ex-players come to mind but I'd like to hear all of your thoughts first.

CanBuehrleWait
08-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Swisher, Cabrera, Anderson? just throwing out a few names?

WhiteSox1989
08-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Anderson?

Boondock Saint
08-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Anderson?

It's pure speculation, so why bother?

WhiteSox1989
08-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Actually I take that back because Anderson doesn't seem like he'd be all doom and gloom.

october23sp
08-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Maybe BA was as open as the FOBAs about his playing time in the clubhouse.

WhiteSox1989
08-12-2009, 08:51 PM
huh?

GoGoCrede
08-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Griffey?

My best guess would be Cabrera, though I didn't mind him much.

doublem23
08-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Fields... Didn't seem to understand why a guy on pace to strike out 250 times and only hit 10 homers this year would be benched. And obviously Javy.

october23sp
08-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Fields... Didn't seem to understand why a guy on pace to strike out 250 times and only hit 10 homers this year would be benched. And obviously Javy.

I think you might be the winner, especially with the plane comments about Beckham a while back. It seemed like a jealous teasing, not a playful teasing.

WhiteSox1989
Oh, I don't know why I thought it would be someone who they got rid of recently. That's why I thought of Anderson.

RowanDye

There's still an hour to kill before gametime. :D:

Rohan
08-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Swisher and Cabrera were certainly stirred the pot...
But he could even be referring to the little fight between Alexei and AJ in the dugout a couple weeks ago.

GoGoCrede
08-12-2009, 08:59 PM
I think you might be the winner, especially with the plane comments about Beckham a while back. It seemed like a jealous teasing, not a playful teasing.

What was the comment? I missed it.

Ron Karkovice
08-12-2009, 09:01 PM
He's obviously still salty about the big hurt.

Check and mate.

DumpJerry
08-12-2009, 09:02 PM
:ass
I was banned from the Clubhouse? I never knew...

Ron Karkovice
08-12-2009, 09:06 PM
http://www.evemag.com/issue6/graphics/murphy.gif

I was banned from the clubhouse? I never knew.

RowanDye
08-12-2009, 09:07 PM
But he could even be referring to the little fight between Alexei and AJ in the dugout a couple weeks ago.

I would guess that Kenny actually sees AJ as someone with excellent leadership qualities.

Most have been mentioned, but I think he was most likely referring to Javy, Cabrera, Swisher, maybe Fields

What got me thinking about the comment though is if he was thinking back to Frank...

DonnieDarko
08-12-2009, 09:10 PM

When was this, and what was it over?

Rohan
08-12-2009, 09:10 PM
I would guess that Kenny actually sees AJ as someone with excellent leadership qualities.

Most have been mentioned, but I think he was most likely referring to Javy, Cabrera, Swisher, maybe Fields

What got me thinking about the comment though is if he was thinking back to Frank...

That's not what I'm saying though. Kenny isn't talking about any one particular person. He could just honestly be saying there were some issues in the club house that needed to be smoothed out. Such as AJ and Alexei having a disagreement. Or Fields tossing cheap shots and Beckham through the media.

There doesn't have to be an instigator or a disruptor.

doublem23
08-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Oh, I don't know why I thought it would be someone who they got rid of recently. That's why I thought of Anderson.

Fields is still in the organization (probably because no one wanted him), but he's at least out of Chicago.

Rohan
08-12-2009, 09:19 PM
When was this, and what was it over?

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/07/ramirez-pierzynski-guillen-involved-in-dugout-spat.html

I didn't actually see that game. But apparently Alexei had to be held back a little bit. They appeared to resolve the issue on the day they had it though. After the exchange they were both back out on the field playing baseball.

Ozzie was seeing throwing some stuff around the dugout though.

JB98
08-12-2009, 09:30 PM
I don't think Anderson was an issue in the clubhouse. Fields, I can see that. He wasn't real happy with his reserve role.

GoGoCrede
08-12-2009, 09:41 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/07/ramirez-pierzynski-guillen-involved-in-dugout-spat.html

I didn't actually see that game. But apparently Alexei had to be held back a little bit. They appeared to resolve the issue on the day they had it though. After the exchange they were both back out on the field playing baseball.

Ozzie was seeing throwing some stuff around the dugout though.

Ozzie tossing gum wrappers onto the ground led to one of the funniest game thread comments I've ever seen, and I forgot who said it (identify yourself!): "Gum wrappers lying on the ground like bodies at Gettysburg." :redneck

oeo
08-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I can't see Fields being disruptive. His comments earlier this year about wanting to talk to Kenny were completely blown out of proportion. This is the same guy that was shocked at the life of the major league clubhouse, I can't see him being a disruption. No way it was Anderson or Richard, either, those two were good clubhouse guys by all accounts. I'm thinking Betemit and Miller were a couple of problems, they were jettisoned out of town quickly.

JB98
08-12-2009, 09:48 PM
I can't see Fields being disruptive. His comments earlier this year about wanting to talk to Kenny were completely blown out of proportion. This is the same guy that was shocked at the life of the major league clubhouse, I can't see him being a disruption. No way it was Anderson or Richard, either, those two were good clubhouse guys by all accounts. I'm thinking Betemit and Miller were a couple of problems, they were jettisoned out of town quickly.

Their main problem was they couldn't play a lick. Not sure whether they were a problem in the clubhouse.

oeo
08-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Their main problem was they couldn't play a lick. Not sure whether they were a problem in the clubhouse.

Neither could Fields or Anderson.

spawn
08-13-2009, 08:19 AM
He says in the quote that they had to get rid of disruptive issues in the clubhouse. Both AJ and Alexei are still there, so I doubt that was what he was referring to.

Chez
08-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Jimmy Gobble. Had to be.

bigdommer
08-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Fields, BA, Swish, etc were all probably a little bitter about playing time, and while I don't think they should have played more, I can understand that competitive athletes want to be on the field.

However, Cabrera just came across as a bad clubhouse guy. He was constantly complaining about the official scorer. And his argument with Dye (about stealing 3rd with two outs) was totally selfish and all about stats.

october23sp
08-13-2009, 11:55 AM
What was the comment? I missed it.

I think, and I may be wrong, that Fields was being interviewed and he said pointing at Beckham, there's the guy you wanna interview, he was riding first class while I was in coach. Something along those lines.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Ozzie tossing gum wrappers onto the ground led to one of the funniest game thread comments I've ever seen, and I forgot who said it (identify yourself!): "Gum wrappers lying on the ground like bodies at Gettysburg." :redneck

I totally remember that. It was Gavin who said it.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2302773&postcount=171

LITTLE NELL
08-13-2009, 12:16 PM
How about fatso Colon?

areilly
08-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Keep in mind he's been GM since 2000, so the comment could reach all the way back to include the likes of Royce Clayton and Carl Everett.

Sargeant79
08-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Keep in mind he's been GM since 2000, so the comment could reach all the way back to include the likes of Royce Clayton and Carl Everett.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Everett was great in the clubhouse in his time here despite the reputation he got elsewhere. That's why Kenny traded for him...twice.

Lip Man 1
08-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Point of clarification.

Kenny took over for Ron Schueler in November 2000, so the 2001 season was his first.

Lip