PDA

View Full Version : Inexcusable

Viva Magglio
06-06-2002, 03:36 PM
This game today is absolutely inexcusable. There is no way we should split a series with a team of the caliber of the Kansas City Royals. Fact it, fans. Our team sucks!

Kilroy
06-06-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
This game today is absolutely inexcusable. There is no way we should split a series with a team of the caliber of the Kansas City Royals. Fact it, fans. Our team sucks!

Is the game over? Damn! Someone tell Farmer and Rooney. They're still yappin...

Daver
06-06-2002, 03:38 PM
:chickenlittle

Kilroy
06-06-2002, 03:46 PM
What's inexcuseable is that the Sox are down 3 runs, and still, Durham and Ordonez come up swinging at the first ****ing pitch. When is the message going to be delivered that they need to take pitches when they are behind?? Durham popped it up, and Ordonez hit a dribbler foul and drew the walk later. But it was just a few feet from being an out on that first pitch.

FanOf14
06-06-2002, 03:53 PM
What's unexcuseable is their inability to score a run while having the bases loaded twice and not making this pitcher pay for all the free passes he has given up. I was reminded today why I hate listening to the radio - every batter that comes up they say what their next homer is going to be...I'd rather see small ball than a homer at this point because when one gets a homer, the rest start reaching for the fences and never get there.

duke of dorwood
06-06-2002, 04:02 PM
Fine 6 th inning against the great Dan Reichert.

delben91
06-06-2002, 04:04 PM
Thanks daver, you beat me to it.

duke of dorwood
06-06-2002, 04:23 PM
:manos

Boot at shortstop

Kilroy
06-06-2002, 04:31 PM
Something cooking??

Let's try not to **** it up...

duke of dorwood
06-06-2002, 04:32 PM
Took the error away from Manos

Kilroy
06-06-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

Boot at shortstop

Changed to a hit.

FarmerAndy
06-06-2002, 04:33 PM

Boot at shortstop

And they were worried that they had to ease Jose back into the shortstop role. Looks to me like he hasn't missed a beat, he's just as bad at shortstop now as he was before.

duke of dorwood
06-06-2002, 04:33 PM
Graff comes thru-another chance to tie here. Oh for the long awaited clutch hit

FarWestChicago
06-06-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

And they were worried that they had to ease Jose back into the shortstop role. Looks to me like he hasn't missed a beat, he's just as bad at shortstop now as he was before. :whoflungpoo

Is there any chance of you FOB's giving it a rest now that your hero is at least temporarily vanquished?

bjmarte
06-06-2002, 04:36 PM

And they were worried that they had to ease Jose back into the shortstop role. Looks to me like he hasn't missed a beat, he's just as bad at shortstop now as he was before.

Damn, just when we needed a great defensive play!

:buddylee
If I had been in there would have been no question about it being a hit.

MarqSox
06-06-2002, 04:37 PM
Fact it, fans. Our team sucks!

The offense is in a collective slump. There's a difference.

Kilroy
06-06-2002, 04:37 PM
Don't start this crap again...

Kilroy
06-06-2002, 04:48 PM
MOTHER ****ER!!! ANOTHER FIRST PITCH SWING WHEN WE'RE BEHIND. Valentin just got lucky.

I cannot ****ing believe this. Someone needs an ass-whupping.

Don't swing until you have 2 strikes. You never know, you might get walked...

duke of dorwood
06-06-2002, 04:50 PM

K

FarmerAndy
06-06-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:whoflungpoo

Is there any chance of you FOB's giving it a rest now that your hero is at least temporarily vanquished?

Is there any chance that any of you will accept the fact that Valentin is a mortal man, and a BAD shortstop.

Kilroy
06-06-2002, 04:53 PM

K

Lofton out on a 1-0 pitch. Ridiculous.

Durham beat out a grounder, so now we get to see if Frank can beat Roberto. I'm betting on no good pitches to hit...

Jerry_Manuel
06-06-2002, 04:54 PM
Is there any chance that any of you will accept the fact that Valentin is a mortal man, and a BAD shortstop.

If the Sox were making a World Series run, I'd care that he has trouble picking up the ball. Since they aren't put him at SS and get Crede up here.

Kilroy
06-06-2002, 04:55 PM
:maggs

Ohhh-WEE-O!!!

Let's go!!

FarmerAndy
06-06-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

If the Sox were making a World Series run, I'd care that he has trouble picking up the ball. Since they aren't put him at SS and get Crede up here.

I won't argue with you there. I said on another thread that if this move gets Crede up here at 3rd base, I'll be happy.

duke of dorwood
06-06-2002, 04:59 PM
Another bad pitcher gets his first win of the year. On this basis, Expos sweep is ahead

Viva Magglio
06-06-2002, 05:02 PM
:angry:

Mágglio Ordóńez has become as useful in a clutch situation as Royce Clayton. He is playing himself right off the All Star team and only getting smaller in the media-imposed SamME shadow. I have already got Manuel and Contreras in my guillotine. Maybe I should make room for Gary Ward. I am so damn sick of this losing!

This was a lost series as far as I'm concerned. I would not mind if this were the Yankees, Red Sox, or Mariners. But this is the Kansas City [bleepin'] Royals. And here's a thought for all you Pollyannas out there who think we have already won the AL Central by default. We will not win the division if we can't beat the second division. Oh, and by the way, Montreal is no cupcake.

bjmarte
06-06-2002, 05:04 PM

K

You've got to be kidding me. This is what we are going to have to put up with now? Why don't you just start a whole thread to document every single out.

FarWestChicago
06-06-2002, 05:05 PM
:angry:

Mágglio Ordóńez has become as useful in a clutch situation as Royce Clayton. He is playing himself right off the All Star team and only getting smaller in the media-imposed SamME shadow. I have already got Manuel and Contreras in my guillotine. Maybe I should make room for Gary Ward. I am so damn sick of this losing! :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

duke of dorwood
06-06-2002, 05:07 PM
The way we lose to pitchers everytime we see some BUM for the first time, reflects bad on the hitting coach. I have NEVER been a Ward fan-he contributes NOTHING

Jerry_Manuel
06-06-2002, 05:10 PM
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

It had to be said, West. Viva, Please accept the fact that this team isn't as good as you thought it was. No need to be here after every loss ripping on everyone and their brother.

Spiff
06-06-2002, 05:13 PM

It had to be said, West. Viva, Please accept the fact that this team isn't as good as you thought it was. No need to be here after every loss ripping on everyone and their brother.

this is true

duke of dorwood
06-06-2002, 05:17 PM
I appreciate fans that care enough to try and find therapy here for the let downs we are enduring with an underachieving, unprepared team. If a few get ripped, and it's justified, that's OK with me. Most of the criticism seems well thought out by those actually watching and listening.

Kilroy
06-06-2002, 05:20 PM
...Viva, Please accept the fact that this team isn't as good as you thought it was.

Jerry, you've got it wrong, D-of-D has it right.

UNDERACHIEVERS...

That's the problem. They are much better than they have played for the last 2 weeks.

FarWestChicago
06-06-2002, 05:33 PM
I appreciate fans that care enough to try and find therapy here for the let downs we are enduring with an underachieving, unprepared team. If a few get ripped, and it's justified, that's OK with me. Most of the criticism seems well thought out by those actually watching and listening. Hmmm, I'm not sure what messages you are reading. Most of the post-loss posts I see are just weak kenblanks imitations. I much prefer the original for mindless raging. :smile:

Lip Man 1
06-06-2002, 05:47 PM
There's an old saying..."once is an accident, twice is a fluke, three times and you've got a problem."

This is the fifth time this season (by my count) that the Sox have lost a game to a pitcher who hasn't won a game in the bigs, hasn't won a game this season or has an astronomical ERA.

I've got to admit though, this may be an all time low, to wit, from the AP recap of the game..."Darrell May earned his first major league victory in nearly five seasons."

It was more of the same, blown chances (nine men on base in the first five innings), baserunning stupidity (Sandy Alomar Jr.) and swinging at pitches early in the count against a guy who couldn't find the plate if he rolled the ball across.

Also just FYI, the Sox are now 2-7 in one run games this season and have lost six of those in a row!

Folks, players come and go, and a lot have won the Sox uniform over the past five years, but the problems remain. By that I mean, baserunning, fielding and executing fundamentals. The only constant over the past five years has been Manager Gandhi and most of his coaches.

Put two and two together and I'm sure you'll realize what the main problem is. When the best you can do is split four games against a bad Royals team (who have won 4 of 7 against the Sox this year) you've got serious troubles.

Just my opinion

Lip

bjmarte
06-06-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
There's an old saying..."once is an accident, twice is a fluke, three times and you've got a problem."

This is the fifth time this season (by my count) that the Sox have lost a game to a pitcher who hasn't won a game in the bigs, hasn't won a game this season or has an astronomical ERA.

I've got to admit though, this may be an all time low, to wit, from the AP recap of the game..."Darrell May earned his first major league victory in nearly five seasons."

It was more of the same, blown chances (nine men on base in the first five innings), baserunning stupidity (Sandy Alomar Jr.) and swinging at pitches early in the count against a guy who couldn't find the plate if he rolled the ball across.

Also just FYI, the Sox are now 2-7 in one run games this season and have lost six of those in a row!

Folks, players come and go, and a lot have won the Sox uniform over the past five years, but the problems remain. By that I mean, baserunning, fielding and executing fundamentals. The only constant over the past five years has been Manager Gandhi and most of his coaches.

Put two and two together and I'm sure you'll realize what the main problem is. When the best you can do is split four games against a bad Royals team (who have won 4 of 7 against the Sox this year) you've got serious troubles.

Just my opinion

Lip

I knew when I saw your name from the forums page that you were creaming your pants right about now.

RedPinStripes
06-06-2002, 05:59 PM

Just my opinion

Lip
problems here.
O yeah. Definatly some problems here.

Get rid of JR, KW, Jm, Nardi, Pettis, Ward, Johnson, K-layton, Lee, and we might be onto something here. :gulp:

kevingrt
06-06-2002, 06:12 PM
Fact it, fans. Our team sucks!

We might suck, but we might still make the playoffs!

Pukester
06-06-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

problems here.
O yeah. Definatly some problems here.

Get rid of JR, KW, Jm, Nardi, Pettis, Ward, Johnson, K-layton, Lee, and we might be onto something here. :gulp:

Damn straight!!!!

Get rid of all the players too!!!!!

Just imagine we could have an infield of Casey Rogowski,Tim Hummell,Tony Manuel,Andy Gonzalez and Josh Paul up in in time for interleague play!!!!

Get it done.

LongDistanceFan
06-06-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Pukester

Damn straight!!!!

Get rid of all the players too!!!!!

Just imagine we could have an infield of Casey Rogowski,Tim Hummell,Tony Manuel,Andy Gonzalez and Josh Paul up in in time for interleague play!!!!

Get it done. is this guy a

:troll

bjmarte
06-06-2002, 06:35 PM

If you have an issue, address it here on the board. Your email are going in the trash.

doublem23
06-06-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
is this guy a

:troll

No, he just doesn't use teal.

kevingrt
06-06-2002, 07:53 PM

Just my opinion

Lip

Why would you be commenting on the White Sox when, you talk like you aren't a White Sox fan?

And just for your info have you heard of a slump?

Well her is the defeintion: an extended period during which a player or team is below normal performance.

Just made sure you know what a slump is because the Sox our in one and I've never seen a season long slump, howabout you?

baggio202
06-06-2002, 07:59 PM
its funny..on this site people are screaming because we didnt take pitches..one guy said dont swing until two strikes....over at mlb everyone is ragging on liefer for taking 3 pitches and people are saying why didnt he swing 3-0 when he got a cripple pitch...when youre losing you cant do nothing right..

atleast in the last two losses we went down fighting..its alot better than going 0-9 from the 7th inning on...its a start..maybe we can cash in on a few clutch hits against montreal and get this turned around...but if we come out of that series under .500..then ill say the damn will break and kenny wheel and deal everyone....so this upcoming series is the biggest of the year..we need a sweep bad...

Lip Man 1
06-06-2002, 08:24 PM
Folks:

I simply e-mailed bjmarte a private message stating that I didn't understand the reference to "creaming in my jeans" or what that had to do with White Sox baseball.

I politely told him that I was entitled to my opinion just as he was to his and that at the end of the season we'd see which one of us was closer to reality.

I sent him a private message because I was trying to be polite and show some class. That's all, nothing mysterious or derrogatory.

Lip

kevingrt
06-06-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
its funny..on this site people are screaming because we didnt take pitches..one guy said dont swing until two strikes....over at mlb everyone is ragging on liefer for taking 3 pitches and people are saying why didnt he swing 3-0 when he got a cripple pitch...when youre losing you cant do nothing right..

atleast in the last two losses we went down fighting..its alot better than going 0-9 from the 7th inning on...its a start..maybe we can cash in on a few clutch hits against montreal and get this turned around...but if we come out of that series under .500..then ill say the damn will break and kenny wheel and deal everyone....so this upcoming series is the biggest of the year..we need a sweep bad...

Thanks for being an optimist with me...

Also, how loud of a roar would you have heard if Liefer swung on 3-0, and he popped it up... They would have been flaming... You always take 3-0

Viva Magglio
06-06-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt

We might suck, but we might still make the playoffs!

Only because we would be the tallest midget.

Tragg
06-06-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Jerry, you've got it wrong, D-of-D has it right.

UNDERACHIEVERS...

That's the problem. They are much better than they have played for the last 2 weeks.

I think it's a little of both.
We are underachieving AND

Our general manager has weakened this team by attempting to plug holes with mediocre players (at above average player prices) and by trading away young talent that COULD be used to help the team or to legitimately strengthen the team.

FWIW, Sandy Alomar again provides a useless at bat in a clutch situation.

Pukester
06-06-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

I think it's a little of both.
We are underachieving AND

Our general manager has weakened this team by attempting to plug holes with mediocre players (at above average player prices) and by trading away young talent that COULD be used to help the team or to legitimately strengthen the team.

FWIW, Sandy Alomar again provides a useless at bat in a clutch situation.

Hell yeah!!!

I am positive that Kenny told Sandy before the game to stretch that double into a triple,and look at the result...

Fire everbody and start all over NOW!!!

Procol Harum
06-07-2002, 12:26 AM
There's a family feud a'goin' on in Soxville tonight, chilluns <sigh>.
:(:

bjmarte
06-07-2002, 09:15 AM
Folks:

I simply e-mailed bjmarte a private message stating that I didn't understand the reference to "creaming in my jeans" or what that had to do with White Sox baseball.

I politely told him that I was entitled to my opinion just as he was to his and that at the end of the season we'd see which one of us was closer to reality.

I sent him a private message because I was trying to be polite and show some class. That's all, nothing mysterious or derrogatory.

Lip

It has nothing to do with class. The message boards are the appropriate place to respond to other posts, that is why there is a "post reply" button on the page. I have no desire to have any communication with you outside of the board so let's keep it here, OK?

Right now while the team is doing poorly there are many different opinions flying around right now, many of which are somewhat similar to yours, and I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is that the only time you bother posting here is to bitch about the white sox. By itself your post is just a complaint like all the others but in the context of all your previous posts it is an attempt to justify the trolling you have done on this board and it comes off as enjoyment rather than misery because you think it proves some point you think you have.

You are still a troll imo and you are also now officially the first person to go on my ignore list on this board.

FarWestChicago
06-07-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte
You are still a troll imo and you are also now officially the first person to go on my ignore list on this board. That's a nice feature, isn't it. :smile:

bjmarte
06-07-2002, 02:19 PM
That's a nice feature, isn't it. :smile:

So far it seems to be working nicely. Once again kudos to west :smile: