PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know about the quality of these jerseys

Rockabilly
08-12-2009, 10:35 AM
http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/chicago-white-sox/c240574.html

I know that they're very cheap in price but how fake does it look

twsoxfan5
08-12-2009, 10:45 AM
I have not heard about the baseball ones, but when others have brought these up on the hockey board I frequent people always shoot it down. Basically saying they are very cheap and there are some very noticable differences.

kittle42
08-12-2009, 10:53 AM
I see people at the games all the time with horrible knockoff jerseys. I guess if they are *that* cheap, it's why people get them, but I really would think you'd be better served saving up for an authentic jersey that can last you a long time and that you can wear with pride.

siugrad25
08-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I've bought four football jerseys a couple years ago from this dealer in Japan. They were fully lettered and what I consider to be of replithentic quality. I got a Marino ('84), Hester and Grossman (w/Super Bowl patch) and a Peyton Manning (w/SB patch) for like $40 each. I never bought a baseball jersey from the guy, but after looking at these photos, it looks like a replica with lettering, but for that price I wouldn't blink twice.

hi im skot
08-12-2009, 11:16 AM
We talked about bootleg jerseys in a thread last week. Ultimately, you're getting what you pay for. These jerseys fit horribly (big sleeves, short bodies), the material is incredibly shiny and the numbering jobs are pretty questionable.

The 1983 jerseys are the worst because the parts that are supposed to be navy blue are actually black.

hi im skot
08-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I've bought four football jerseys a couple years ago from this dealer in Japan. They were fully lettered and what I consider to be of replithentic quality. I got a Marino ('84), Hester and Grossman (w/Super Bowl patch) and a Peyton Manning (w/SB patch) for like $40 each. I never bought a baseball jersey from the guy, but after looking at these photos, it looks like a replica with lettering, but for that price I wouldn't blink twice.

The football jerseys are better than the MLB ones.

siugrad25
08-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Yeah, looking at these photos again, it does seem like the NFL jerseys are a notch above.

esbrechtel
08-12-2009, 11:54 AM
The lettering on the black alternates looks pretty bad...The home ones look decent....

The NFL ones are probably the best the only thing I see thats a tad different is the sleeves...those ones have the hole-mesh sleeves the players do not...

The Hawks jerseys are terrible, the only ones that are passable are the winter classic ones but the names on the nameplates are weird, they are like bold or something....

VeeckAsInWreck
08-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Why would anyone want a Michael Jordan #45 White Sox jersey? :scratch:

Michael is God on the basketball court, but on the diamond, he was a taller right handed version of DeWayne Wise.

jabrch
08-12-2009, 01:02 PM
On that site, it looks like you have to buy lots of 10. Just an observation. If you just want a jersey, and don't care if it is of low quality, and that it doesn't last a long time, these are usually fine.

Personally, I'd rather get fewer jerseys (only bought one new Jersey this year - used to buy a few per year) and have them last longer and be of a higher quality.

soxpride724
08-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Don't bother ordering these they are from China. Customs inspects packages when they come into the counrty, if they come across these bootleg jerseys, you will be out of your money and your item.

On another note, they look pretty crappy.

Rockabilly
08-12-2009, 01:14 PM
My 8 year old niece wants a lot of Sox merchandise for her birthday and someone told me about this site..

Wasn't to sure how realistic they look, before I bought them for her I wanted to ask you all of you.

thanks for the info

Noir
08-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Whoever these sellers are. They make some damn good fakes. Save for the design specs that the Sox use the number font save for a few of them is spot on. too bad MLB put team specific tags in the last year or so.