PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday's Winning Picks 2 Click...

voodoochile
08-12-2009, 12:38 AM
They both did their job...

:Danks:
"Thanks, Alexei...

:TCM:
"No, no, no... Thank you, John..."

ode to veeck
08-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Helluva job by both of our young stars tonight. Nice to see Danks get rid of the Seattle curse he's had in recent starts with them.

FielderJones
08-12-2009, 12:41 AM
:clap: :thumbsup: :yup:

What a ball game!

WhiteSox1989
Nice.

hi im skot
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/PDVD_024.jpg

thomas35forever
08-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Two PTCs! Gotta be a record.

voodoochile
08-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Two PTCs! Gotta be a record.

No, when they won the World Series, Daver gave it to the whole team. I don't think that record will ever be broken...

DSpivack
08-12-2009, 01:25 AM
No, when they won the World Series, Daver gave it to the whole team. I don't think that record will ever be broken...

Sure it will, at least be tied. The next time they win the WS.

voodoochile
08-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Sure it will, at least be tied. The next time they win the WS.

So we agree, it will never be broken...:tongue:

doublem23
08-12-2009, 01:29 AM

World Series roster is only 25 men, I believe when the Sox won the division in 2000, PHG gave the PTC to the whole team, too, so with September roster expansions, that's like 35 players.

:cool:

voodoochile
08-12-2009, 01:30 AM
World Series roster is only 25 men, I believe when the Sox won the division in 2000, PHG gave the PTC to the whole team, too, so with September roster expansions, that's like 35 players.

:cool:

Well there ya go... I sit corrected...:cool:

ode to veeck
08-12-2009, 01:31 AM
It could be broken if baseball increases the playoffs roster to like 36 bodies and the Sox win the WS and the whole team wins da PTC, lotta iffs there lol

voodoochile
08-12-2009, 01:35 AM
It could be broken if baseball increases the playoffs roster to like 36 bodies and the Sox win the WS and the whole team wins da PTC, lotta iffs there lol

I can see baseball increasing the roster a few people at most. Once you get to 30 it takes the guesswork out of a lot of this stuff and makes it even tougher for small budget teams to win as the big market big budget teams will simply stockpile players.

I doubt teams like KC want to pay another 5 salaries either. That's at least $2M a year added to the costs of running a team.

Right now it works pretty well, because you have to think about things. If a team was allowed 30 players, they'd have 10 bullpen arms and two more bench guys. You wouldn't need to worry about burning out your arms and making tactical decisions would become a LOT easier.

ode to veeck
08-12-2009, 01:41 AM
I can see baseball increasing the roster a few people at most. Once you get to 30 it takes the guesswork out of a lot of this stuff and makes it even tougher for small budget teams to win as the big market big budget teams will simply stockpile players.

I doubt teams like KC want to pay another 5 salaries either. That's at least $2M a year added to the costs of running a team.

Right now it works pretty well, because you have to think about things. If a team was allowed 30 players, they'd have 10 bullpen arms and two more bench guys. You wouldn't need to worry about burning out your arms and making tactical decisions would become a LOT easier.

you take me too serioously Jimbo, lol

voodoochile
08-12-2009, 01:44 AM
you take me too serioously Jimbo, lol

No, I knew you were joking, just got me thinking and next thing I know I'm typing. A little over an hour ago I was planning on posting a PTC winner and going immediately to bed. Now I can't sleep.

I am however going to go read and try to sleep, so have a great night...:D: